The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hoenn
Asylum
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn

Advertise here
I'm really loving the screenshots, I'll download this later!

Old January 11th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

Well I searched the whole thread (to be honest I used ctrl-f and "evo" , except for the first page) to find information about evolutions of pokemons that usually requires trade, but I could'nt find anything... Do they simply evolve by levelling-up or do they not evolve ?
I'm asking this because of the (dumb) trainer that wants to trade a haunter for a rattata.

And please excuse me for my bad english
Old January 11th, 2012, 03:16 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
I'm really loving the screenshots, I'll download this later!
Thanks! I hope you enjoy the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoute View Post
Well I searched the whole thread (to be honest I used ctrl-f and "evo" , except for the first page) to find information about evolutions of pokemons that usually requires trade, but I could'nt find anything... Do they simply evolve by levelling-up or do they not evolve ?
I'm asking this because of the (dumb) trainer that wants to trade a haunter for a rattata.

And please excuse me for my bad english
Ahem, yes, for now they don't evolve at all. Later on, when we've planned that part, we'll allow to either evolve via level up or some sort of item. For now, though, Pokémon that require trade to evolve don't evolve. I might rectify this in 1.6.0.

Also, I'm aware of that trade, but it won't be there in future versions.
Old January 12th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

Ok then I have to be quick and find a rattata before the next release
Old January 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
unavailableartist
Beginning Trainer

So far what I see from this... the whole game, is ok. I like the weather, day/night changes. I wish it was clearer, but there again most other games I've played wasn't. 640 screen on laptop is most pleasing to the eye, instead of staring into a tiny 320 screen, but it still looks a little blocky.

Another thing is uncatchable pokemon... I ran into a few wimpy bugs that were uncatchable. For example fritetinite I think was, a lvl. 3 was uncatchable, but later on I caught a lvl. 5 with no problem (1 pokeball). Another one was a Lvl. 4 bulbasoar... same problem. And it seemed like the great ball I had didn't even help.O,and I accidentally teleported out of the "base and couldn't get back in... especially when I wanted to explore a little more :-(. So over all, it's the best I've played... oh and it you add a pokedex, I.E. find location of the species of pokemon that would be awesome.!! that's all I have.
Old January 20th, 2012, 02:05 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by unavailableartist View Post
So far what I see from this... the whole game, is ok. I like the weather, day/night changes. I wish it was clearer, but there again most other games I've played wasn't. 640 screen on laptop is most pleasing to the eye, instead of staring into a tiny 320 screen, but it still looks a little blocky.

Another thing is uncatchable pokemon... I ran into a few wimpy bugs that were uncatchable. For example fritetinite I think was, a lvl. 3 was uncatchable, but later on I caught a lvl. 5 with no problem (1 pokeball). Another one was a Lvl. 4 bulbasoar... same problem. And it seemed like the great ball I had didn't even help.O,and I accidentally teleported out of the "base and couldn't get back in... especially when I wanted to explore a little more :-(. So over all, it's the best I've played... oh and it you add a pokedex, I.E. find location of the species of pokemon that would be awesome.!! that's all I have.
Thanks; though I think the fact that you couldn't catch them was more of a luck issue rather than a bug; it's happened to me in the official games too xD

I know, but you'll be returning to the base sometime later in the game,Mao no worries; you'll be able to explore all want by then xD

As for the Pokedex, we're working towards that; there are just some things needing modifications before that can be done.

So, once again, thanks!
Old February 15th, 2012, 07:53 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

Even with version 1.5.2 patch, i still cant get past the first rival battle
EDIT: I started a new game and i think it fixed the problem, but now its saying it can't find 'initialize'IF/debuglog.txt

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; February 15th, 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old February 16th, 2012, 02:55 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
Even with version 1.5.2 patch, i still cant get past the first rival battle
EDIT: I started a new game and i think it fixed the problem, but now its saying it can't find 'initialize'IF/debuglog.txt
Hm, I'm going to take a guess and say that you weren't using the right base. For it to work correctly, you need to use the 1.5.0 base and only then apply the 1.5.2 patch to it. You can find both downloads here: http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/w...st_of_fangames on the game's section of the table (around the fourth line or so).
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

why is nothing happening after the guy in the lucario suit talks to me?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:33 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
why is nothing happening after the guy in the lucario suit talks to me?
In which location? The Forest?

If so, then that's a bug that was present in previous versions, but was fixed in 1.5.2. I know the solution is somewhat repetitive, but that's most likely the reason why such bugs occur. I'd advise checking the ReadMe file included with each patch to make sure your version is the most recent one.
Old February 16th, 2012, 01:52 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
In which location? The Forest?

If so, then that's a bug that was present in previous versions, but was fixed in 1.5.2. I know the solution is somewhat repetitive, but that's most likely the reason why such bugs occur. I'd advise checking the ReadMe file included with each patch to make sure your version is the most recent one.
Golden Grove, the forest thing right after you meet the lumberjack

EDIT: I feel like an idiot, i never added some of the patch files to the game -___-

EDIT 2: When facing Swablu and altaria, they do nothing. Jus figured id let you know

EDIT 3: its still a demo??

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; February 16th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old February 19th, 2012, 02:52 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
So it's been a while since I've released this sort of screenshots - here it goes! A - almost - full tour to what's in Sitia Port and what you can do there. Bear in mind that this isn't all, though! :D

First things first! In the first row is what I consider one of the main attractions. It's called the Battle Complex, and it's the facility I mentioned in my journal. You will battle five trainers in whatever order you want. You will do so for 5 rounds, with the ability to quit at any time. Trainers are level 25.

At the end, you will battle the Complex Master. Who it is? you'll find out! :D

In the second row are miscellaneous stores in Sitia. The first four are from the Explorer's Shop.

Here you'll be able to buy maps for your PDA. These maps WILL come in handy when you're navigating certain mazes, which will seem like labyrinths if you don't have this handy feature with you. He'll have new maps every now and then, so keep checking back to see if he has the one you need.

There's another part of the store, however; here, you'll be able to upgrade your tools (such as turning the Axe into the Pick-Axe, and so forth. He will require different items for each upgrade. Eventually, he will also mix items for you to brew even more powerful items for you to use in battle.

The fifth screenshot of the second row is a character well known to everyone who I won't bother explaining other than saying that he has a quest for you. And you need to fulfill it in three days or else the Lunatone will fall unless you use the Song of Dialga with the Ocarina of Dialga to warp three days into the past.

The third row starts with the Radio Tower. I won't specify what you can do here, but I can say that one of its uses will be identical to what you do on the Radio Tower in GSC/HGSS.

To close this off, we have the Sitia Port Museum, where you can learn about the History of Orthan and, if you're curious, know more about how it came to be, its climate, etc.. It also has Fossils! :D

Alright! This should be all for now! I hope I can keep you entertained while I work on 1.6!

Some tiles by me, other by Kyledove and Alucus, some overworld sprites by Salimus. 'Aperture' (Battle Complex) tiles by Aamelo.
Quote:
Golden Grove, the forest thing right after you meet the lumberjack

EDIT: I feel like an idiot, i never added some of the patch files to the game -___-

EDIT 2: When facing Swablu and altaria, they do nothing. Jus figured id let you know

EDIT 3: its still a demo??
1. That should explain it xD

2. I'm aware, this will be fixed for 1.6.

3. Yup.
Old February 20th, 2012, 11:46 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post

1. That should explain it xD

2. I'm aware, this will be fixed for 1.6.

3. Yup.
"GET ME MYYY MASK!!!!!!!!!!"

Aaah Majora's Mask you're still being thought about even today

Old March 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
ashura90
Beginning Trainer

awesome,,, i hope its will be best pokemon game on RPG,,..
Old March 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
D. Lawride

Been a month since I last updated on anything, so I'll leave a video update of the Battle Complex in Sitia Port, which is the first new thing you'll see in the next release of Nightmare; beware of spoilers!

This one shows the final challenger; some of the graphics are placeholders, as might the soundtrack in some points if I find another, more suitable one.

Quote:
"GET ME MYYY MASK!!!!!!!!!!"

Aaah Majora's Mask you're still being thought about even today
Like anyone could forget that game! :D
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't find anything about it. Having some random lag problems. I gave johnson the herb so he will give us the boat ride, saved in the house and quit the game. when I start I have no problems in the house but as soon as I go outside everything just has major slowdown which I haven't experience before. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Edit: After the boat ride the lag pretty much goes away apart from the room in Mt Pinnacle? (I'm bad with remembering place names) in the room where you follow the old man to avoid the falling floor.

Youtube Channel

Last edited by ChainedTeapot; March 26th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainedTeapot View Post
Had a quick look through the thread but couldn't find anything about it. Having some random lag problems. I gave johnson the herb so he will give us the boat ride, saved in the house and quit the game. when I start I have no problems in the house but as soon as I go outside everything just has major slowdown which I haven't experience before. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Edit: After the boat ride the lag pretty much goes away apart from the room in Mt Pinnacle? (I'm bad with remembering place names) in the room where you follow the old man to avoid the falling floor.
That's really, really weird. It's actually the first time I've had reports of some serious lag in any part of the game. I'll look further into this. I'm already planning on decreasing the size of some maps in order to reduce the amount of stuff.

On your edit, I would expect that to happen - at least in that room - because there's a huge amount of events there for in case the player falls. I'll look into an alternative to that method to reduce the lag.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:57 AM
ChainedTeapot
Let's Player

The lag continued really badly on my way at the end of the demo and returning to Catia Port which was really bad. It seemed happy to work normally for battles though. Re-downloaded the game and applied the patches and copied the save over and it worked perfectly, so not really sure what the problem was.

Got the the "end" of the demo and enjoyed what I've played so far and is a pretty good game and interested in seeing how things go with this game. Still got some stuff to go back for though like the Colosseums and that.

Youtube Channel
Old April 1st, 2012, 04:09 AM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

I'm also experiencing some severe lag since the 1.5.2 patch.
I'm in Victala city and it's unplayable...I needed around 30seconds to go from kimberly's house to the police station...
it get's A BIT smoother when I enter a house but it is still annoying.
Old April 1st, 2012, 03:10 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

I just downloaded the newest demo, patched it to 1.5.2 and the game won't let me start up as around the 40 second mark. Is there something I missed or is this just a bug in the new version?

Edit: I downloaded the first version of the game and got through the opening sequence and the game is working now. With the 1.5.2 version

Edit 2: Seems like all of the game is bugged up. I've got massive lag on all maps, and the pokemon battles wont load. Game crashing left and right. I guess my computer isn't up to the challenge of the game. Guess I'll wait till the next release before I start a play through.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it

Last edited by monkeyboi; April 1st, 2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old April 6th, 2012, 12:53 PM
D. Lawride

Okay, time for some quick updates!

First and foremost, a great deal of thanks to Midnitez-Remix on deviantART for offering himself to get us a properly laid-out map of Orthan. I'm going to make some additions to the locations on this map, but at least we get something of a better quality to keep:

A new event in Nightmare will allow you to get one of the best offensive Fakemon in the game, Decovant; it's a Dark/Ground type which's evolution possesses great Special Attack, so it's useful if you want to go all in and have a free spot in your team.

Given the nature of the Pokémon itself, I decided to include some more easter eggs in additions to the ones we already have (and they aren't few!):

To acquire Decovant, you will need to explore the Bottom of the Well of Escale Village, in a fashion which will not be strange to those who have played just about any Zelda title.

Of course, you won't just have to run around collecting Small Keys to unlock doors; there'll be more to the puzzles in this dungeon.

It's completely optional for your quest, so feel free to pass the opportunity when it arises.

I'm aware that the Waterfall tiles aren't the best suited for the place, but at the moment, they are the only properly functional ones we have.

Lastly, a little experiment with additional easter eggs:

I've also updated the main post with any videos and information I might have included in previous posts, including the V1.5.3 beta, which was supposed to have been up for a limited time only.

Now then, to whatever comments I left unanswered:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
I just downloaded the newest demo, patched it to 1.5.2 and the game won't let me start up as around the 40 second mark. Is there something I missed or is this just a bug in the new version?

Edit: I downloaded the first version of the game and got through the opening sequence and the game is working now. With the 1.5.2 version

Edit 2: Seems like all of the game is bugged up. I've got massive lag on all maps, and the pokemon battles wont load. Game crashing left and right. I guess my computer isn't up to the challenge of the game. Guess I'll wait till the next release before I start a play through.
That is even weirder, but perhaps it is, indeed, because of the computer itself, since mine sometimes slows down too during gameplay, but apparently shows no trouble in most other people. Terribly sorry for that. Allow me to ask if you've already patched V1.5.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoute View Post
I'm also experiencing some severe lag since the 1.5.2 patch.
I'm in Victala city and it's unplayable...I needed around 30seconds to go from kimberly's house to the police station...
it get's A BIT smoother when I enter a house but it is still annoying.
It seems some people managed to get around this by re-downloading and re-patching the game and porting the previous save over; if this doesn't work, try patching 1.5.3 as well. If trouble persists, I'm terribly sorry, and I'll see further into this in future releases. >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainedTeapot View Post
The lag continued really badly on my way at the end of the demo and returning to Catia Port which was really bad. It seemed happy to work normally for battles though. Re-downloaded the game and applied the patches and copied the save over and it worked perfectly, so not really sure what the problem was.

Got the the "end" of the demo and enjoyed what I've played so far and is a pretty good game and interested in seeing how things go with this game. Still got some stuff to go back for though like the Colosseums and that.
Hm, I'll have to look further into this regardless then. Right now, I can't seem to point out a reason for this to happen, so I can only give my apologies for the inconvenience right now.

Ah, that's great! Have you tried V1.5.3? It has an additional event that takes you to Snowpoint!
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Zeryn

My computer blue screens whenever I replace files on my computer... xD

If you can... Can you in the next version have everything all set and patched?
Old April 8th, 2012, 01:47 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

Yeah I patched the 1.5.3 version on the front page. The part that confuses me the most is that it will not start up a battle against a wild pokemon.

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

Old April 8th, 2012, 02:08 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeryn View Post
My computer blue screens whenever I replace files on my computer... xD

If you can... Can you in the next version have everything all set and patched?
I'm going to release 1.6 as a base (like I did with 1.5), but any subsequent patches will have to be released as that, patches. It's really just a matter of ease for the player to handle the amount of stuff they have to replace. It's also easier to download just 40 Mb instead of the game's massive 100 Mb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
Yeah I patched the 1.5.3 version on the front page. The part that confuses me the most is that it will not start up a battle against a wild pokemon.
It doesn't start a battle? What error appears?
Old April 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

It doesn't seem to be giving me any errors, my windows says that the game has stopped running, and needs to close, though the error log doesn't say anything about the crash.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here