The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
FlaafyFTW
Researcher of Orange Lore

I feel like the biggest noob going but I've installed the game and the patch but the computer cannot open the game, it asks which program to use and none of it works. Anyone got any ideas about what the heck I did? 0.o

Instagram & Tumblr: makoheart
Old April 14th, 2012, 02:45 PM
tan
Beginning Trainer

Can you make this game faster because its so slow
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:28 PM
tb_dude
Beginning Trainer

I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:18 PM
SkieTheKitsune
Please call me FoxMan.

Nature: Jolly
Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C

Mah Pokes.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:16 PM
kwando1313
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release.
Old April 24th, 2012, 12:18 AM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaafyFTW View Post
I feel like the biggest noob going but I've installed the game and the patch but the computer cannot open the game, it asks which program to use and none of it works. Anyone got any ideas about what the heck I did? 0.o
Well that's odd, re you sure you're running the right file to open the game? it's the one with the orange circle, don't forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tan View Post
Can you make this game faster because its so slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb_dude View Post
I am receiving very heavy lag in the first town when I start playing. This lag then follows me to the first and second routes, but disappears upon entering houses and battles. I took your advice and tried re-patching multiple times, but to no avail. Are you addressing this in future patches? By the way, I love the care put into this game thus far. Really quality stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkieTheKitsune View Post
Yeah, I'm going to have to jump onto this bandwagon of people saying that the framerate is extremely slow, as I'm experiencing the same problems! I have no doubt in my mind that this is awesome, though, and I'd love to continue playing it if I weren't experiencing such depressingly slow lag. :C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwando1313 View Post
I agree. The lag when I open up the game is pretty unbearable. Hopefully you'll get those issues worked out before the next release.
extremely sorry about the lag reports recently; with the new release of essentials, I'll upgrade my version and zip into beta testing stages to verify if the lag problem has been addressed. For now, unfortunately, there isn't much I can do. D:
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM
tb_dude
Beginning Trainer

I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.
Old April 28th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
I have an idea for you D.Lawride. Desbrina, the maker of Pokemon Lightning Yellow, uses an updater application for his game, which searches for and updates the users game for them. Maybe you could use something similar? Its the one by Evil Cabbage.
You do realise desbrina is female not male right?..
Old April 29th, 2012, 07:45 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

well here's hoping that the new version fixes the lag

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old May 5th, 2012, 03:12 AM
SegaDoom
Beginning Trainer

Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...
Beware your habits; they become your nature.
Beware your nature; it becomes your destiny.
Old May 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM
FairlyIncognito
Veteran Trainer

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SegaDoom View Post
Can someone explain me how do you start this game lol. I downloaded 1.5.3 version and the patch, patched the game and i don't know how to start it...
I would post a screenshot but it doesn't allow me cause i don't have 15 posts yet...
You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask

Last edited by FairlyIncognito; May 6th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:49 AM
SegaDoom
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlyIncognito View Post
You have to download the 1.5 (Base) version, then patch that with the 1.5.2 version/patch and THEN patch with the 1.5.3 version.

If you're confused on how to do it, just read the read-me files included in the two patches. If you need more help, just ask
Thank you very much, it's working.
Beware your habits; they become your nature.
Beware your nature; it becomes your destiny.
Old May 13th, 2012, 06:07 PM
tb_dude
Beginning Trainer

So, how goes the update? What can we expect to see in it?
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Masterreno92
Beginning Trainer

I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:28 PM
piau9000
Beginning Trainer

I'm having the lag problem too.
And the no-sound problem.
I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.

Last edited by piau9000; June 1st, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:37 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
I'll consider it; as long as it works, it'll be fine by me xD

Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairlyIncognito View Post

Thanks for helping clear that up! o/

Quote:
So, how goes the update? What can we expect to see in it?
Dreadfully slow, I'm afraid; with the two latest updates to Essentials, it's gonna take a while to get everything back into motion, especially with college and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboi View Post
So I got back to my desktop computer and the game runs, I still have really bad lag at the moment though I've just started.

I guess the problem was the laptop wasn't up to running it, even though it handles much more regularly
Hm, that is still so odd... I'm hoping the new versions of Essentials patched up something I missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterreno92 View Post
I'm having issues patching properly, I have followed all the steps to patch to 1.5.3, but none of the new content appears and the lag just gets worse and worse as I walk through the game. Could someone post a working game mirror or something? Because I can't even get to the next town in under 3 hours of lag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piau9000 View Post
I'm having the lag problem too.
And the no-sound problem.
I've fixed the no-sound issue by runnig it in Win 98 compatibility mode (I'm using Win XP) but the lag becomes worse when I do it.
As I've mentioned, there's no solution that I've found for the lag, so I'm relying on the new Essentials versions to have some sort of change that might have fixed it unintentionally. Also, I'm redesigning (slightly) some locations to see if the lag is lessened.

About the sound, that's very odd. o.O
Old June 14th, 2012, 02:34 AM
kiv_umar
Musician

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to kiv_umar
Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

Remove the folder from your computer:

First download and unpack this file:
VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
Pokémon Nightmare First Release

Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP

VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)

VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.

The name's Umar (PREVIOUS NAME: 3DoOrSdOwN)
Meet up with me on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!
3DS Friend code: 1349-6001-4706
Wii U MiiVerse username: Arar90

-USER OF PRS GUITARS-

Last edited by kiv_umar; June 17th, 2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old June 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Argon14
Beginning Trainer

Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!
Old June 15th, 2012, 04:38 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiv_umar View Post
Hey guys, I'm the musician who done the music for this game.
For those of you with the sound issues, it's because of a mistake you made installing the game. For everything to work you must download ALL of these and follow the instructions below:

Remove the folder from your computer:

First download and unpack this file:
VERSION 1.0 RELEASE (28/12/2010)
Pokémon Nightmare First Release

Then in the following order, download the others and copy over the files to the main folder, ONE AFTER THE OTHER, ONE AT A TIME, DO NOT DO THEM AT THE SAME TIME OTHERWISE IT WILL MESS IT ALL UP
VERSION 1.3.1 RELEASE (25/03/2011)

VERSION 1.5 (BASE) RELEASE (23/09/2011)

VERSION 1.5.2 RELEASE (15/10/2011)

VERSION 1.5.3 RELEASE (25/12/2011)

After that, the sound SHOULD work, Good luck!

P.S: This doesn't fix the lag issue.
Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argon14 View Post
Hi, Awesome game! I was just wondering if the lag actually stopped at some point in time in the game? I know you're working on fixing it, but I was just wondering! Thanks!
As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.
Old June 16th, 2012, 08:55 AM
blazerj13
Impossibly Possible~

Nature: Adamant
game looks great man! i won't play the demo version tho, ill only play the final release for one of two reasons:
1: once i get going, i dont like to be stopped and anticipation would kill me
2: when playing a beta thats not complete when you come to the end of it, it leaves you with an enormous cliffhanger and wanting to play more, that too kills me.

when it is finished tho i will play it and write a review of it! congratz and keep it up!
Old June 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
kiv_umar
Musician

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to kiv_umar
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
Thanks for the help, just edit out the 1.3.1 because the download is blocked due to bug issues. :D
Done :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
As far as I'm aware, I've had reports of the lag starting in Victala city and stopping at random. Other more severe cases of lag are in the Gorge Caves, and the lag stops again after exiting. I'm looking into redesigning some maps to see if I can get this issue over with.
The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable

The name's Umar (PREVIOUS NAME: 3DoOrSdOwN)
Meet up with me on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection!
3DS Friend code: 1349-6001-4706
Wii U MiiVerse username: Arar90

-USER OF PRS GUITARS-
Old June 18th, 2012, 03:06 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiv_umar View Post
The lag happened with me the moment I walked out of the train station in the beginning, left the game pretty much unplayable
That's even weirder, because it means it varies. I'm starting to think it's related to the computer being used to play it.
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM
nexisjoel
Beginning Trainer

i cant play it i dont know how to patch it and all that stuff
Old June 19th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Scray
Beginning Trainer

Hi, I think you can solve the lag issue by using an anti-lag system on your game. Anti lag scripts disable event graphics/animated events, if they are not on the player's screen.
ht tp://rpgcreative.net/rpgmaker/scripts-18-anti-lag.html.( I ca't post URL)

I found this because i tried to solve the problem myself but i don't have the game editor, hope it helps.

I love your game btw
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links