The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2011 (03:07 AM).
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
Ahah, it's probably the 'formal' aspect xD
And yup, it's Oak; most characters appear in the game, even if it's just as cameos. Very spoiler-ish. :3

Alright, thanks! We're using all 4 gens plus several Fakemon, if you want to edit your team xD

Ok Edited, I was thinking about that dark type on the first post but decided not to be too greedy lol.

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old August 5th, 2011 (10:01 AM). Edited August 5th, 2011 by MajorLeagueGamer.
MajorLeagueGamer

I'll enter too.

Trainer Name: Ichigo
Gym Type: Ghost
Sentence(s) for meeting eyes: The spirits are telling me that I am guaranteed a victory.
Sentence(s) for defeat: What this? How could the spirits have been wrong?
Sentence(s) after defeat: Hmm, it seems I need to train more and get reconnected with the spirits. Anyway, that battle was intense! Congratulations on your victory, you and your pokemon deserved it.
Pokemon Team: Gengar lv 45, Drifblim lv 47, Dusknoir lv 48, Mismagius lv 49, Chandelure lv 50, Golurk lv 50

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old August 6th, 2011 (02:24 PM).
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DarkAchu~ View Post
Ok Edited, I was thinking about that dark type on the first post but decided not to be too greedy lol.
Ahah, no problem at all if you want to use it in the team xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
I'll enter too.

Trainer Name: Ichigo
Gym Type: Ghost
Sentence(s) for meeting eyes: The spirits are telling me that I am guaranteed a victory.
Sentence(s) for defeat: What this? How could the spirits have been wrong?
Sentence(s) after defeat: Hmm, it seems I need to train more and get reconnected with the spirits. Anyway, that battle was intense! Congratulations on your victory, you and your pokemon deserved it.
Pokemon Team: Gengar lv 45, Drifblim lv 47, Dusknoir lv 48, Mismagius lv 49, Chandelure lv 50, Golurk lv 50
Alright then, I'll add this to my list as well.

I've also released on dA the maps of the two current 'test chambers' created to test the mechanics; the first one was seen in the footage, but the second one is new and works with the concept of portals already (as did Red and blue many years ago).

Test Chamber 01

Test Chamber 02

Some of the tiles are mine, the others are by Aamelo on deviantArt. Hope you like them! :D
Old August 6th, 2011 (02:45 PM).
herojelly
PMD Puzzle!

Those tiles look so boss! Pretty amazing game IMO.
Old August 7th, 2011 (07:32 AM).
Manio
Pokemon: Auburn Sky Creator

Nature: Modest
Totally didn't expect to see some Portal related content. I am so supporting this now.

Old August 22nd, 2011 (03:18 AM). Edited August 22nd, 2011 by natty.
natty
Pokemonz No0b

Trainer Name: Arion
Gym Type: Water
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Welcome trainer, are you ready to be defeated by the Pokemon of the deep?
One Sentence for defeat: How could you beat me?!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: You are a strong trainer. I hope we battle again after I have trained some more.
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Lumineon Lvl 25 Octillery lvl 26, Wartortle Lvl 28

Also, have you had any luck trying to fix the battle glitching problem with the demo?

Also this seems really good and the fakemon look great. Keep up the good work
Old August 22nd, 2011 (04:39 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
Trainer Name: Arion
Gym Type: Water
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Welcome trainer, are you ready to be defeated by the Pokemon of the deep?
One Sentence for defeat: How could you beat me?!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: You are a strong trainer. I hope we battle again after I have trained some more.
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Lumineon Lvl 25 Octillery lvl 26, Wartortle Lvl 28

Also, have you had any luck trying to fix the battle glitching problem with the demo?

Also this seems really good and the fakemon look great. Keep up the good work
Alright, thanks! I've added these to the list.

And yup, it's fixed; there's already a new version in beta testing stages, I'm just waiting for them to finish before releasing it.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manio View Post
Totally didn't expect to see some Portal related content. I am so supporting this now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Those tiles look so boss! Pretty amazing game IMO.
I suppose nobody did xD
Old August 22nd, 2011 (05:50 AM).
naruck23
Plague

Trainer Name: Stelio
Gym Type: Steel
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Hello Trainer, seen from your badges, you have a heart made of steel, this will be interesting!
One Sentence for defeat: Ah! After all you can break my steel heart!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: He... One day we shall meet again, but don't expect my heart to be very sensitive that day!
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Aron Lvl 24 Aron Lvl 24 Lairon Lvl 29 Sheldon lvl 27
Old August 22nd, 2011 (01:58 PM). Edited August 23rd, 2011 by natty.
natty
Pokemonz No0b

Cool. Can't wait. It looks good even though it dosnt work yet. I want to play it some more

Also, I suggest a hawiian surfer looking sprite for Arion

And is there a list of all the fakemon or the Pokedex?
Old August 23rd, 2011 (05:35 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruck23 View Post
Trainer Name: Stelio
Gym Type: Steel
One/Two Sentences for meeting eyes: Hello Trainer, seen from your badges, you have a heart made of steel, this will be interesting!
One Sentence for defeat: Ah! After all you can break my steel heart!
One/Two Sentences for speaking after being defeated: He... One day we shall meet again, but don't expect my heart to be very sensitive that day!
Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Aron Lvl 24 Aron Lvl 24 Lairon Lvl 29 Sheldon lvl 27
Thanks, I've also added you to the list :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
Cool. Can't wait. It looks good even though it dosnt work yet. I want to play it some more

Also, I suggest a hawiian surfer looking sprite for Arion

And is there a list of all the fakemon or the Pokedex?
Well, currently, all 4 generations will be available. We'll be dividing them between the extra and the main region, so yeah xD

About the Fakemon, you can find them here: Fakedex

On the sprite, we'll see what we can find xD
Old August 23rd, 2011 (06:05 AM). Edited August 23rd, 2011 by natty.
natty
Pokemonz No0b

Oh thanks

Like I said, I'm looking forward to see this done.
Old August 24th, 2011 (07:42 AM).
GAOlivier
Beginning Trainer

Oh, HEck yeah. Good to see this here, Don.
I hope my idea of the underwaterscooter will be a hit
You know I think the game looks great, so I don't really need to say it again here

Old September 10th, 2011 (04:15 PM).
naruck23
Plague

If you are adding rematches I wanted you to apoint his rematch team. I have seen that Cobalion is appointed with heart of steel making a very good point on this gym's leader likes.So I wanted this team.

Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Bastiodon LVL 76 Aggron Lvl 74 Cobalion Lvl 80 Brozong Lvl 74 Steelix Lvl 74 Scizor Lvl 76
Old September 17th, 2011 (11:51 AM).
phantom berzerker
INQUISITOR used TAUNT!

Nature: Adamant
I keep getting an 'interpreter' runtime error, what should I do?

Old September 17th, 2011 (05:24 PM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruck23 View Post
If you are adding rematches I wanted you to apoint his rematch team. I have seen that Cobalion is appointed with heart of steel making a very good point on this gym's leader likes.So I wanted this team.

Pokémon in the Team and their Level: Bastiodon LVL 76 Aggron Lvl 74 Cobalion Lvl 80 Brozong Lvl 74 Steelix Lvl 74 Scizor Lvl 76
I'll still have to get back to you on that xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom berzerker View Post
I keep getting an 'interpreter' runtime error, what should I do?
Well, if you can wait a couple of days, maybe less, I will releasing a new demo, hopefully with these errors corrected. No errors have been spotted so far, so it's a good sign.
Old September 18th, 2011 (01:20 AM).
Jalern
Yog-Sothoth

When i go to victala gates or whatever there called, a guy says he has revolutionary science and then nothing happens, player is frozen. Is this a glitch or part of demo?
Old September 18th, 2011 (04:00 AM).
7pathsofpain
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
Well, if you can wait a couple of days, maybe less, I will releasing a new demo, hopefully with these errors corrected. No errors have been spotted so far, so it's a good sign.
Nice, can't wait for the new demo, i was and still am waiting patiently becuz of the battle glitch. Am still checking on the progress on these games so much potential. Imo games like these are better then the official games..
Old September 18th, 2011 (04:10 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalern View Post
When i go to victala gates or whatever there called, a guy says he has revolutionary science and then nothing happens, player is frozen. Is this a glitch or part of demo?
It's a glitch, which I've already corrected in the aforementioned demo to be released very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7pathsofpain View Post
Nice, can't wait for the new demo, i was and still am waiting patiently becuz of the battle glitch. Am still checking on the progress on these games so much potential. Imo games like these are better then the official games..
Thanks, it's good to know we haven't lost that trust! :D
And yes, according to what I've seen, we've managed to correct that little-yet-killer bug of the battles.
Old September 23rd, 2011 (05:40 AM).
D. Lawride

NIGHTMARE RELEASE
VERSION 1.5

Download Link

After the troubled releases of V1.3 and V1.4 and some extensive attempts to correct the errors, we think we have finally managed to correct almost all of the severe bugs in Pokémon Nightmare, resulting in the 1.5 release. I can't guarantee that the incompatibility verified in previous releases has been fixed, but I'm pretty confident it has in most cases from the good results of the beta testing phase.

For any doubts you may have, consult the Read Me .txt file.

As for extras from the original releases, we have:

Luminos, the dream world, has been added. You can access one of its areas after clearing the Victala Gym.
The PBC Testing Chambers, have been added. You can access a Test Chamber somewhere in Caitla Port.
The Golden Grove is now accessible.

IMPORTANT!

For best results, place the 'Graphics' folder, found in the 'IF' folder, in the game's main folder. This should allow the Windowskins to be enabled again.
Old September 23rd, 2011 (05:48 AM).
7pathsofpain
Beginning Trainer

First.

Woooo! nice to finally have a playable demo, really tired atm gonna try it tomorrow. So what gym does this demo stop at??
Old September 23rd, 2011 (05:50 AM).
D. Lawride

Quote:
First.

Woooo! nice to finally have a playable demo, really tired atm gonna try it tomorrow. So what gym does this demo stop at??
It's not oriented by Gyms (especially since there's only one Gym available to challenge at all for now), but it stops at the entrance to Sitia Port. There will be a notification for it in the game once you reach that point. :3
Old September 23rd, 2011 (06:06 AM).
7pathsofpain
Beginning Trainer

I see, so the main focus is the storyline, that i like. I want to know if u need any more beta testers as i have some free time in the next few weeks or so and i would like to help with this project in so way, but im gonna say now that i have never beta tested a game before so its alright if the list of testers is full :X
Old September 23rd, 2011 (06:35 AM). Edited September 23rd, 2011 by D. Lawride.
D. Lawride

Quote:
I see, so the main focus is the storyline, that i like. I want to know if u need any more beta testers as i have some free time in the next few weeks or so and i would like to help with this project in so way, but im gonna say now that i have never beta tested a game before so its alright if the list of testers is full :X
Yup, that's right.

About beta testing... Try keeping an eye out for the next time we're entering the Beta Testing phase. I don't have a 'list' for the testers, so just ask here to be one of the testers when such time comes. :3

Quick notice here, I received word that some people didn't get the Graphics folder that was supposed to go inside the IF folder. IF you're one such person, download the Graphics folder here: Mediafire Download Link
Old September 24th, 2011 (11:04 AM).
D. Lawride

NIGHTMARE RELEASE
VERSION 1.5.1

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT

Patch Download Link

The link above is a download for the patch to fix a killer bug found recently in the original release. Simply download both this patch and the actual game, and place the files from the Patch in the main game's folder. It will ask to replace a file named 'Game', which you will answer Yes.

THE LINK ABOVE IS NOT THE FULL GAME, ONLY A PATCH. FOR THE FULL GAME, LOOK IN THE MAIN POST
Old September 24th, 2011 (05:36 PM).
phantom berzerker
INQUISITOR used TAUNT!

Nature: Adamant
whenever my opponent's pokemon attacks, I get a pop up error saying: "Script 'PBdebug' line 24: errno::ENOENT occured. No such file or directory-Data/debuglog.txt"
Any explinations?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links