The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 15th, 2011, 05:03 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

lol i dont see a background in the game

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 15th, 2011, 05:41 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
lol i dont see a background in the game
A... background? Mind if I ask what you mean?
Old October 16th, 2011, 04:51 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Lawride View Post
A... background? Mind if I ask what you mean?
All i see are puddles and people

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 16th, 2011, 05:46 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
All i see are puddles and people
That's impossible, you must have downloaded it wrong or something. o.O
Old October 16th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Alster26

I don't know if anyone else had this issue or not, but when I installed the new patch I lost the sound.
Old October 16th, 2011, 08:31 AM
Keruso

This does look like a good game, but when i go to download the 1.5 version, it states that this file has been deleted or removed
Old October 16th, 2011, 08:44 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alster26 View Post
I don't know if anyone else had this issue or not, but when I installed the new patch I lost the sound.
Hm, that's odd. Are you sure it was only upon patching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruso View Post
This does look like a good game, but when i go to download the 1.5 version, it states that this file has been deleted or removed
Are you sure you're trying to download the correct version? 1.5 seems to work just fine, whereas the 1.5.2 doesn't work, I just noticed:

1.5.2 Patch Mediafire Download Link
Old October 16th, 2011, 09:46 AM
eternityMMO
Beginning Trainer

I really love the way of mapping !!!
Good job !
Old October 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM
Keruso

Quote:
Hm, that's odd. Are you sure it was only upon patching?

Are you sure you're trying to download the correct version? 1.5 seems to work just fine, whereas the 1.5.2 doesn't work, I just noticed:

i think i found my problem......noobish too. i didnt bother downloading the first thing i was supposed to be downloading so i can download the patch. that's all fixed up, thank you

Edit: as it turns out, and i finally figured it out, i needed something to open up the RAR files, which i found and downloaded and extracted everything i needed to play. havent played it yet, but i did play the first version and that was cool up until i had to battle the rival and then it crashed on me

Edit2: one question i forgot to ask: did you include the option for shinies in the game like in the real games?

Edit3: Sigh...........this one is doing the same thing, it crashes when i get to the rival battle, though it says the script is hanging this time around

Edit4: i wanna update Edit3. it still says the script is hanging, but when i exit out and go back in, it continues whereever i am, so that doesnt seem like a problem. though i do have two other issues: When people talk, the text area that goes up with the speech doesnt come up, so if something is any other color than white, i gotta kinda squint to see what it is. also, it wont let me use the PDA at all. i click it, the screen goes black and nothing comes up

Last edited by Keruso; October 16th, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
Old October 16th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Edit4: i wanna update Edit3. it still says the script is hanging, but when i exit out and go back in, it continues whereever i am, so that doesnt seem like a problem. though i do have two other issues: When people talk, the text area that goes up with the speech doesnt come up, so if something is any other color than white, i gotta kinda squint to see what it is. also, it wont let me use the PDA at all. i click it, the screen goes black and nothing comes up
I'm not sure about the problems you are facing, but I did have a problem with the text boxes lacking backgrounds.
I fixed it by patching to 1.5.1
Old October 18th, 2011, 04:56 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
i think i found my problem......noobish too. i didnt bother downloading the first thing i was supposed to be downloading so i can download the patch. that's all fixed up, thank you

Edit: as it turns out, and i finally figured it out, i needed something to open up the RAR files, which i found and downloaded and extracted everything i needed to play. havent played it yet, but i did play the first version and that was cool up until i had to battle the rival and then it crashed on me

Edit2: one question i forgot to ask: did you include the option for shinies in the game like in the real games?

Edit3: Sigh...........this one is doing the same thing, it crashes when i get to the rival battle, though it says the script is hanging this time around

The Shiny option is in, but it's not working very well yet.

The rival battles and stuff were corrected in the latest patches, so you're most likely using an old version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post
I'm not sure about the problems you are facing, but I did have a problem with the text boxes lacking backgrounds.
I fixed it by patching to 1.5.1
As mentioned, the windowskins can be fixed by placing the Graphics folder included in either patches in the game's own folder.

So, now for updates!

We've been working towards an extra patch lately, one that includes an Event (this is most likely how events will be distributed by us :3). Here's a quick image:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLawride on deviantArt
So, this a Halloween Event that's been on the works for the past few days. There isn't much to it yet but the fact that you'll be able to catch an extremely rare Pokémon very early in the game, assuring an edge in most tough battles.

After applying the Halloween Patch, head to a Pokémon Center anywhere and talk to the man seen in the picture to receive a Hollow Pass, which will grant you passage to a secret island by talking to the Sailor seen in the picture as well.

The Halloween Patch will only be up for about a week or so before, during and after Halloween, so keep your eyes peeled for news! : D
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:46 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

when i play nightmare, there is an error about something while im in battle. i thought that was fixed?

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; October 18th, 2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old October 18th, 2011, 07:50 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
when i play nightmare, there is an error about something. i thought that was fixed?
You probably mean the ENOENT or something along those lines error that occurs when battling the rival. This error happened in V1.4, and no longer happens in the latest versions. In fact, lemme just remove those downloads, I don't know why I even kept them up.
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:00 AM
MajorLeagueGamer

Quote:
You probably mean the ENOENT or something along those lines error that occurs when battling the rival. This error happened in V1.4, and no longer happens in the latest versions. In fact, lemme just remove those downloads, I don't know why I even kept them up.
its weird cuz i downloaded v 1.5 and i downloaded v 1.5.2 patch

Last edited by MajorLeagueGamer; October 18th, 2011 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 18th, 2011, 08:43 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
its weird cuz i downloaded v 1.5 and i downloaded v 1.5.2 patch
That can't be. Do you have the error message?
Old October 18th, 2011, 09:09 AM
demondismon
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
i found a glitch there is one building that if you enter and then leave you exit out of a separate house its in like the third or fourth city/town
Old October 18th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Keruso

Quote:
The Shiny option is in, but it's not working very well yet.

The rival battles and stuff were corrected in the latest patches, so you're most likely using an old version.

As mentioned, the windowskins can be fixed by placing the Graphics folder included in either patches in the game's own folder.
I seem to have fixed the problem containing the text boxes, so that's now fine, but the game, for some strange reason, STILL wont let me use the PDA. no real concern there, unless i really need it

Edit: ok, cancel this, turns out that my laptop was going really slow and i just needed to restart it

Last edited by Keruso; October 18th, 2011 at 07:11 PM.
Old October 22nd, 2011, 12:15 AM
aquarmor

i didnot get it how to patch it??/

when i dwnload it these folders came..graphic new folder dont read me and game.rgssad

while in the patching method its says move to rgssad folder or comething and i dont what to do pls.help??
Old October 22nd, 2011, 06:51 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarmor View Post
i didnot get it how to patch it??/

when i dwnload it these folders came..graphic new folder dont read me and game.rgssad

while in the patching method its says move to rgssad folder or comething and i dont what to do pls.help??
After downloading both 1.5 and the 1.5.2 patch, paste everything included in the patch on the game's folder. Don't forget to move the audio files to their respective folders, though.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
dragon 122

i am using the 1.5.2 version and i can't continue because the script is taking too long too load at the pokemon center in the first port.
it sucks because it keep saving at the point and everytime it loads it wont continue:(

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy! Don't get your own at PokePlushies!
Old October 23rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
iop50
Beginning Trainer

If I update this game, will I lose all my progress?
Old October 24th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Blazing Flare
Burning brightly

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by iop50 View Post
I assume that unless there are very drastical changes on data addresses and whatnot from one update to another, it will probably be ok (although I'm just speaking of experience in general, the game author is better suit to answer you more throughly).

But in any case keep a back of your save file in a separate location.
Old October 26th, 2011, 12:56 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon 122 View Post
i am using the 1.5.2 version and i can't continue because the script is taking too long too load at the pokemon center in the first port.
it sucks because it keep saving at the point and everytime it loads it wont continue
That's an odd bug... never had that one reported. I'll have to check what's up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iop50 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Flare View Post

I assume that unless there are very drastical changes on data addresses and whatnot from one update to another, it will probably be ok (although I'm just speaking of experience in general, the game author is better suit to answer you more throughly).

But in any case keep a back of your save file in a separate location.
As mentioned above, no, you can keep your save without losing progress.
Old October 27th, 2011, 12:31 PM
MajorLeagueGamer

Here's the error i get when i battle my rival
Attached Thumbnails
111027-162957.jpg‎  

Old November 1st, 2011, 11:32 PM
samiixx
Beginning Trainer

way too many appearances of wild pokemon, its take so long to travel anywhere and i spent all my money on repels

Sponsored Links