The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 2nd, 2011, 07:18 AM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiixx View Post
way too many appearances of wild pokemon, its take so long to travel anywhere and i spent all my money on repels
Where exactly? :3

Because from Litindle to Victala (starting town to first town) and through the forest, there is a plethora of Potions (I've had people complaining for too many Potions) and a check point where you can heal. Aside from that, I don't see where you'd have problems with the encounters. Also, the encounter rate is the same as in the game.

Now, quick thing because I'll be awfully late for the Halloween event:

Old November 7th, 2011, 08:05 AM
dus5
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Gentle
i have problem when open the bag :

script 'PokemonBag' line116: NoMethod Error occured.
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

please fix this cuz this ain't bad to play
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Saartje

i dont want to get stuck again
Old November 17th, 2011, 11:56 AM
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
i technically tried everything i could so i will just go ahead and ask.
i tried playing this game on my windows 7 laptop, i do what the readme says, thought problem is i can't save, it says the game is saved, i close it and reopen it and i find no save, i tried the unpatched and patched version just in case. so i'm hoping for an answer cuz i really want to play this game

Old November 17th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Saartje

can someone tell me if the game is completed now

please answer?
Old November 17th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saartje View Post
can someone tell me if the game is completed now

please answer?
No the game is not completed, it's really not hard to look at the main post.
Old November 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
afjc
Beginning Trainer

Your story seems very interesting and i would definately play it. Your overworld maps look great. excellent work. Keep it up!
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
natty
Pokemonz No0b

So I was delivering those flowers for the Lumberjack and then got to this cut scene in the grove. The man at the grove approached my character then it freezes. Well the sound continues but the image freezes. Why do I do?
Old November 22nd, 2011, 08:56 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dus5 View Post
i have problem when open the bag :

script 'PokemonBag' line116: NoMethod Error occured.
undefined method '[]' for nil:NilClass

please fix this cuz this ain't bad to play
Hm... that's very odd. I'll check what that's referring to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantominoid View Post
i technically tried everything i could so i will just go ahead and ask.
i tried playing this game on my windows 7 laptop, i do what the readme says, thought problem is i can't save, it says the game is saved, i close it and reopen it and i find no save, i tried the unpatched and patched version just in case. so i'm hoping for an answer cuz i really want to play this game
Hm... it's odd that some people experience all bugs and some more, and that it works perfectly for others. MY advice would be to try it on another computer, with a newly downloaded file. Since the game isn't loading the save but is creating it, you can reuse that save.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afjc View Post
Your story seems very interesting and i would definately play it. Your overworld maps look great. excellent work. Keep it up!
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
So I was delivering those flowers for the Lumberjack and then got to this cut scene in the grove. The man at the grove approached my character then it freezes. Well the sound continues but the image freezes. Why do I do?
That's an error present in 1.5.0; try downloading the new patches, 1.5.2, and that bug should go away.
Old November 22nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
natty
Pokemonz No0b

I've downloaded patch 1.5.2 :/
Old November 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
I've downloaded patch 1.5.2 :/
Hm, you must have done something wrong in the installation, as I've seen it working for other people myself.
Old December 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
AceAlmighty
Unhatched Egg

I didn't want to play this game til it was finished but I ran out of things to do and this was just too tempting :L
I started playing last night and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. Everything about it is gripping and engaging from the story line to the graphics and detail. I am thoroughly impressed.
I wouldn't take what im saying to much of a ego booster or anything though because I have only played a few games and hacks before and this is the first time I've given a review/feedback sort of thing. :L
I wish I could give some constructive critisicm but like I said I'm very impressed with the game and it's hard to find errors in between me enjoying the game and being engaged in the plot
The only thing I dislike about the game is I have to play it at normal speed haha. I am a very impatient person so of course i get out Cheat Engine and enable faster speed. I would find it very useful if there was an option to play it at a faster speed where say if i want to hold the space bar to make the game go faster I can. Because my problem now with Cheat Engine is I only want the game sped up at specific times :L
Old December 4th, 2011, 04:02 PM
rem427
Beginning Trainer

Im interested,too!
Old December 6th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Argon14
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceAlmighty View Post
I didn't want to play this game til it was finished but I ran out of things to do and this was just too tempting :L
I started playing last night and I must say I'm absolutely loving it. Everything about it is gripping and engaging from the story line to the graphics and detail. I am thoroughly impressed.
I wouldn't take what im saying to much of a ego booster or anything though because I have only played a few games and hacks before and this is the first time I've given a review/feedback sort of thing. :L
I wish I could give some constructive critisicm but like I said I'm very impressed with the game and it's hard to find errors in between me enjoying the game and being engaged in the plot
The only thing I dislike about the game is I have to play it at normal speed haha. I am a very impatient person so of course i get out Cheat Engine and enable faster speed. I would find it very useful if there was an option to play it at a faster speed where say if i want to hold the space bar to make the game go faster I can. Because my problem now with Cheat Engine is I only want the game sped up at specific times :L
What is this cheat engine you speak so highly of? This game is great so far, but I have a similar complaint, this game just moves way to slowly.....
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:25 AM
khkramer

I'm playing now and i must say i like it very much.
Do you need any help with anything?

Check out the MMORPG I'm developing:

• Trading • PvP • Co-Op
Old December 13th, 2011, 06:45 AM
CainSkygger
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
I really enjoy this game for the time I play it, but when I close it and start again at a new time, my saved games are gone.................
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:53 PM
D. Lawride

So I felt like I had to make up for the Halloween patch fiasco; and what better way to make up for it than to release a Christmas-ish event patch?

Download Link

This patch allows you to travel to Snowpoint City in Sinnoh from Costa City in Orthan. For that, you will need to have delivered the herb to Mr. Jackson; afterwards, you'll find Barry in the southeast corner of Costa City, and he'll take you back to Sinnoh.

The levels range from 25 to 35, by the way, so be careful. I'll leave the discovery of the event to your criteria. :3

Also, Merry Christmas! :D

P.S. I'll reply to the comments above tomorrow.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
D. Lawride

Woops, double post. I do these too often xD

First and foremost, Happy New Year, everyone! :D

Now that that's out of the way, I've recently managed to completely transfer Pokémon Nightmare from my old, January the something of 2010 version of Essentials to the fresh, new Christmas Essentials release last December, and I have to say, it's looking sharper than before; especially since most critical bugs seem to have been cleared until proof otherwise. Which is great considering the amount of trouble we had with bugs since the first release (even if the latter version have been having these in a lesser and lesser amount.

Onto what matters!

People who follow us on deviantArt may have already seen this update, but it concerns the P☆DA, which, as you probably know, replaces the Pokégear/PokéNav/Pokétch as the returning but almost-completely new gadget the players will use in their journey through Orthan.

As you can see, the interface isn't too complicated, with only so much amount of effort needed to navigate through the options without resorting to the mouse or anything of that sort. It can also be upgraded; these upgrades are acquired through special cards given out throughout your journey, some or most of them being optional choices you make rather than forceful updates. Each update will create a square in the main menu to access the option. There is purposely an empty square straight from square one so you can know that something is going there sooner or later.

Big walls of text aside, we've also resumed mapping and construction of the game after the holidays, in which we released that patch and an update for Halloween which we didn't get to release unfortunately, though it will be accessible later on as something else. To prove our work, here's one of the latest maps.

Spoiler:

The Ouren Settlement is a sort of middle-point between the entrance to the Ice Mines and the Orthan Kingdom itself. The Ice Mines is a very large complex of caves that spreads below the surface, sort of like the Underground in Sinnoh. The Ouren exit isn't, of course, the only way out of the caves, as many other spots, like Vagalume Town, are available and even have special locations needed for acquiring, for example, a Cup from the Lighthouse Colosseum.

Lastly, the update to the new Essentials also allowed us to resume our plans to introduce Shadow Pokémon into the story, something we had been holding back due to system constraints, as the Shadow Pokémon system wasn't working fully well in my previous version. We'll update as we get more news!
Old January 4th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Y2A_146
Been there since day 1.

Hi! First of all, that's some sweet game you're developing.

I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday and can't wait to have more time to play it on the weekend. Just one little thing: Is it possible to adjust/change some control keys or are they unchangeable? I usually use my left hand for the arrow keys and my right hand for the other buttons which I bind to the numpad on the right side. As of right now, using the C, X and Z buttons (also I'm from germany: german keyboard layout) is not optimal for myself.

Anyhow, are you still looking for some help? I'm a raw recruit to the whole RMXP thingy but I think I have some solid ideas for fakemon and some storyline angles. There's a year-old rough design for my own game (57 new fakemon w/ movesets, rough idea how they should look like, worldmap, storyline), but I honestly don't think it'll ever make it into a real game. So I'm looking for a nice place and guys/gals to share my ideas with.
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:55 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2A_146 View Post
Hi! First of all, that's some sweet game you're developing.

I downloaded 1.5.2 yesterday and can't wait to have more time to play it on the weekend. Just one little thing: Is it possible to adjust/change some control keys or are they unchangeable? I usually use my left hand for the arrow keys and my right hand for the other buttons which I bind to the numpad on the right side. As of right now, using the C, X and Z buttons (also I'm from germany: german keyboard layout) is not optimal for myself.

Anyhow, are you still looking for some help? I'm a raw recruit to the whole RMXP thingy but I think I have some solid ideas for fakemon and some storyline angles. There's a year-old rough design for my own game (57 new fakemon w/ movesets, rough idea how they should look like, worldmap, storyline), but I honestly don't think it'll ever make it into a real game. So I'm looking for a nice place and guys/gals to share my ideas with.
I'm pretty sure you can change the control settings by pressing F1 and changing the options for keyboard or whatever the tab is named (don't have the program in front of me), but I do think it's possible.

And thanks a lot!

Well, PM and we maybe we can arrange something; though we won't be taking any more Fakemon than those we already have :p
Old January 5th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Touwa Erio
Beginning Trainer

Mmmm...it looks good!
But i want to make my pokemon game
but i don't have pokemon battle system...
Can you please gimme a link or something
for that...???
Old January 5th, 2012, 04:10 PM
PaulUrchin
Imma Spriter wanna be... meh.

Nature: Bold
Hey, just posting to tell you that your game is awesome.

I really enjoyed playing through it and seeing quite a few cameos from the manga and Anime.

So... eh, keep up the good work. And if you need any new members for your project I might just join up.
Old January 9th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Rajoute
Beginning Trainer

Great game so far. I've just passed the forest at the beginning (searched a long time to find its exit !!) but I have one question : how do pokemon like haunter evolve since there is no exchange possible ?
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Y2A_146
Been there since day 1.

So, I played for 5 ingame hours (being in Caitla Port and having to get some herbs for the captain) now (at least it says so) and I don't know if you know this already or if they're worked on, but a few things caught my eye:
Spoiler:

GPS / ingame map: no indicator where you're currently are. some landmarks don't have a name yet.
Battle Music: repeats itself too often - it's too short.
Attacks: some attacks do nothing, e.g. 'Rest', and some pokemon (Trainer's Lv.22 Noctowl on the field above Caitla Port) do nothing (perhaps their attacks are not implemented yet?)
1st Gym: isn't a Grass type gym too hard as the first one? two of the three starters evolve into double types with a weakness against grass types. and of course, fighting/ground type of the minotaurs (which I chose) really isn't optimal versus the flying types that you encounter since the early stages of the game.
Pokedex: is there one or didn't I find it??
Routes: I'm sure you did this on purpose, but I find them confusing, too big, and you're kinda lost, especially at the beginning of the game. the Middlin Forest and the routes to Caitla Port have too many exits for my taste. I'd like to have a guide somehow. And a journal of some kind would be very helpful to keep track of the things you can do right now. in my opinion, the game lacks some overall guidance of some sort.

What I really like though, is the diversity of pokemon you encounter and of course the story as well as the guest appearances of so many known characters. :D
Old January 10th, 2012, 06:20 AM
D. Lawride

Quote:
What I really like though, is the diversity of pokemon you encounter and of course the story as well as the guest appearances of so many known characters. :D
First and foremost, thanks for the time spent writing this list! I'm glad you enjoyed those elements in the game!
The variety is necessary so that the player can acquire all existent Pokémon.

Alright, let's see this part-by-part.

Quote:
So, I played for 5 ingame hours (being in Caitla Port and having to get some herbs for the captain) now (at least it says so) and I don't know if you know this already or if they're worked on, but a few things caught my eye:
[spoiler]
GPS / ingame map: no indicator where you're currently are. some landmarks don't have a name yet.
Aight, I know. If you're playing the latest patch, 1.5.3., released this Christmas, then almost all of the landmarks in the map should have been tagged with a name. Regarding the fact that it won't point to where you are, I'm aware; however, it's a problem with the actual script, which I'll try to get around to for V1.6.0.

Quote:
Battle Music: repeats itself too often - it's too short.
I'd like to point out that although I wish I could do something about that, I can't. At any rate, the songs all have the average duration of a regular battle theme.

Quote:
Attacks: some attacks do nothing, e.g. 'Rest', and some pokemon (Trainer's Lv.22 Noctowl on the field above Caitla Port) do nothing (perhaps their attacks are not implemented yet?)
Yes, I'm well aware of that one. The version of Essentials that I was using was acting up on that sort of stuff, but it's been fixed for 1.6.0 after the update to the new version of Essentials.

Quote:
1st Gym: isn't a Grass type gym too hard as the first one? two of the three starters evolve into double types with a weakness against grass types. and of course, fighting/ground type of the minotaurs (which I chose) really isn't optimal versus the flying types that you encounter since the early stages of the game.
I'm afraid I'll have to say that there is sense to that. One of the starters is a Psychic type, and as such, is optimal against that sort of type. I know that previous gens had at least two super-effective types, but hey xD
Also, Gyms aren't necessary for progressing in the game, so you can challenge them at any time, any time meaning when you feel you're ready to battle them, so their difficulty isn't the most important matter. Also also, you can challenge them in any order you want. Grass happens to be the one that appears to you first.

Quote:
Pokedex: is there one or didn't I find it??
No Pokédex. At least, not yet. Still ironing out the details.

Quote:
Routes: I'm sure you did this on purpose, but I find them confusing, too big, and you're kinda lost, especially at the beginning of the game. the Middlin Forest and the routes to Caitla Port have too many exits for my taste. I'd like to have a guide somehow. And a journal of some kind would be very helpful to keep track of the things you can do right now. in my opinion, the game lacks some overall guidance of some sort.
Spoiler:

Will become available from 1.6.0 onward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulUrchin View Post
Hey, just posting to tell you that your game is awesome.

I really enjoyed playing through it and seeing quite a few cameos from the manga and Anime.

So... eh, keep up the good work. And if you need any new members for your project I might just join up.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind!
Yup, the story doesn't focus but contains a lot of characters from the manga and the anime (the first especially).

Sponsored Links