The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology

Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:46 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

This thread is for talking about past things with computers like the dial up days and the days of Netscape

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old March 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
twocows
Pretentious Intellectual Jerk
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I probably have a few gigabytes of stuff dedicated to old software/hardware. I have Windows 3.1, MS-DOS 6.22, Windows 95, Windows 98/SE/Me, System 6, System 7/Mac OS 7, Mac OS 8, Mac OS 9, and a bunch of software for each of them.

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." - H. L. Mencken, unsourced

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"- Isaac Asimov, Column in Newsweek (21 January 1980) [source]
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

XP would join that pile soon as Windows 7 replaces it. Vista was a failure but I think Windows 7 will push XP out

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old March 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightOfTruth View Post
XP would join that pile soon as Windows 7 replaces it. Vista was a failure but I think Windows 7 will push XP out ;)
Vista was a solid OS, but it's initial bad rep and the lack of control options for the UAC killed it's rep forever. 7 is a streamlined version of Vista (which isn't a bad thing in the slightest, since 7 is clearly what they wanted Vista to be, but they were probably rushed by their shareholders and Apple to get it out).

As for myself, I remember watching my dad always playing the Might and Magic series of PC games.
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:23 PM
h0ser81
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I remember when my buddy got his first 486 running Windows 3.1. We never left the house after that and were nerds ever since. We would stay up all night playing Wolfenstein and Doom, chatting with Dr. Sbaitso, and just generally tinkering.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links