Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 28th, 2010, 04:00 PM
The Dewitty
Developing an awesome game.

Nature: Sassy
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
THREAD IS BEING EDITED.
Expect an entire new thread in less than a week.

Last edited by The Dewitty; August 5th, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:02 AM
help-14
Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to help-14
Finally, this thread have come to game showcase. I like your story and maps too. I am waiting for more update.
My Deviantart: help-14.deviantart.com
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:19 AM
mercurysky
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
I'm really glad you introduced LotMG to PC!

It certainly is an interesting project. Mostly because of the non-linear badge story but the "dungeon one + the other things". I'm a great supporter of dungeons in pokémon games and fantasy storyboards, you know.
Well, there's something in the maps that i don't like very much, but they're average great.
I love the city one, as town tiles are your strong point.
A great ting in my opininon is the Zorua escape thing. Pokémon games never allow you to "change player". I absolutely love it.

At this point, i don't have other things to say, but one: Good luck!
~Pokémon Garnet Version development leader èwé~

DA Profile

Old March 29th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
You should really lower the opacity on those fogs =/
It makes the screens look tacky.
The cave entrance looks like it's sticking out to far.
In the 2nd screen it should be cut.. not cutted. (and mr. should be Mr.)
On the 4th screen, the light coming out of the exit looks really weird.. You may wanna edit that a bit.
On the 11th screen... It doesn't make sense that leaves would make a path.. should the path be grass, then the sorrounding area be leaves?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:06 AM
+Saving Grace+
Beginning Trainer

Graphics look awesome, you're really skilled at making your own tiles.
I'm having a bit of a problem with those trees growing out of what seems to be pavement (in the second and the third screen). That and the 'box', for lack of a better word, of flowers that seems to be a bit awkwardly placed ontop of a border. As Atomic Reactor mentioned, it would be better to make the ground covered by leaves, instead of them forming the paths (11th screen).

You also seem to have made a few grammatical mistakes as Atomic Reactor pointed out. I have one more thing to add to that, since I'm also Dutch. I don't believe 'shouts it out' is a correct English expression (I'm aware that it is in our language, but I haven't seen anyone use this in English). I think 'shouts in surprise' would be a better term for what you mean. I suggest searching for a proofreader, just in case.

Good luck on your project!( ~ this is Korinkublaster)
Old March 29th, 2010, 08:58 AM
maaddogg
Epic spriter in the making!!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon
Don't quote an entire first post like that again
you have a nice game here,uhm i have 1 question though,how did you do those sun rays shown in your screenshots,ive been trying to figure out how to do it for a while now,is it a script or something?? please help

Last edited by Neo-Dragon; March 29th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:12 AM
nimmy23
Hi im nimmy23... Hi im nimmy23

YEAH ITS FINALLY HERE. I love you Dewitty (not in a gay way). This is the best game in the world.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

Nature: Quiet
The hero has shown his face once again!ANd I will continue to follow this game just like i do with AE!
Yes,I am Karel Kazuki or Kareru.
Im an all around guy who does everything,from play sports to trying to learn to design games.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old March 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by help-14 View Post
Finally, this thread have come to game showcase. I like your story and maps too. I am waiting for more update.
You'll get your updates, wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercurysky View Post
I'm really glad you introduced LotMG to PC!

It certainly is an interesting project. Mostly because of the non-linear badge story but the "dungeon one + the other things". I'm a great supporter of dungeons in pokémon games and fantasy storyboards, you know.
Well, there's something in the maps that i don't like very much, but they're average great.
I love the city one, as town tiles are your strong point.
A great ting in my opininon is the Zorua escape thing. Pokémon games never allow you to "change player". I absolutely love it.

At this point, i don't have other things to say, but one: Good luck!
Thanks for the compliments. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Reactor View Post
You should really lower the opacity on those fogs =/
It makes the screens look tacky.
The cave entrance looks like it's sticking out to far.
In the 2nd screen it should be cut.. not cutted. (and mr. should be Mr.)
On the 4th screen, the light coming out of the exit looks really weird.. You may wanna edit that a bit.
On the 11th screen... It doesn't make sense that leaves would make a path.. should the path be grass, then the sorrounding area be leaves?

Other than that, it looks pretty good.
I'll use your advice, though, I don't see what's wrong with the light coming from the cave entrance. That's how it looks in HGSS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Saving Grace+ View Post
Graphics look awesome, you're really skilled at making your own tiles.
I'm having a bit of a problem with those trees growing out of what seems to be pavement (in the second and the third screen). That and the 'box', for lack of a better word, of flowers that seems to be a bit awkwardly placed ontop of a border. As Atomic Reactor mentioned, it would be better to make the ground covered by leaves, instead of them forming the paths (11th screen).

You also seem to have made a few grammatical mistakes as Atomic Reactor pointed out. I have one more thing to add to that, since I'm also Dutch. I don't believe 'shouts it out' is a correct English expression (I'm aware that it is in our language, but I haven't seen anyone use this in English). I think 'shouts in surprise' would be a better term for what you mean. I suggest searching for a proofreader, just in case.

Good luck on your project!( ~ this is Korinkublaster)
Also, thanks for the advice, especially on the grammar mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaddogg View Post
you have a nice game here,uhm i have 1 question though,how did you do those sun rays shown in your screenshots,ive been trying to figure out how to do it for a while now,is it a script or something?? please help
It's a fog. I made it myself with Adobe Photoshop CS4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimmy23 View Post
YEAH ITS FINALLY HERE. I love you Dewitty (not in a gay way). This is the best game in the world.
....right. xD Good to hear you like it.

~Ledyba~
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Yeah, but theres looks better. Turn down the opacity on it or something and it should look fine. (talking about the light from the exit btw lol)
Old March 29th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Death5 Shadow
Apocalyptic Salvation

Nature: Mild
Hot game dude although the follow script is a little odd but im sure you will be fine

Old March 29th, 2010, 12:43 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
hehe I've been stalking tis game on DA, glad to see it on here as well

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old March 29th, 2010, 01:25 PM
maaddogg
Epic spriter in the making!!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dewitty View Post
It's a fog. I made it myself with Adobe Photoshop CS4.
wow cool,well if it isnt exclusive to your game or too much trouble,would you mind PM'ing me it to me??

keep up the good work

Last edited by maaddogg; March 29th, 2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Route
Slowpoke

Looking nice Dew!

Nice use of the Pokémon overworlds.

Did you make that Zorua overworld? It looks great.

Good luck on it.
Old March 29th, 2010, 01:57 PM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Yeah, but theres looks better. Turn down the opacity on it or something and it should look fine. (talking about the light from the exit btw lol)
I think I'm just going to keep it like this.. I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death5 Shadow View Post
Hot game dude although the follow script is a little odd but im sure you will be fine
Which follow script?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiVii View Post
hehe I've been stalking tis game on DA, glad to see it on here as well
Well.. there it is eh? Nice you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaddogg View Post
wow cool,well if it isnt exclusive to your game or too much trouble,would you mind PM'ing me it to me??
keep up the good work
I'm sorry, but it's private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route View Post
Looking nice Dew!
Nice use of the Pokémon overworlds.
Did you make that Zorua overworld? It looks great.
Good luck on it.
Yes. Yes I did. And thanks.

~Ledyba~
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:04 PM
DiscoPichu
Developing Game

Good job, like it. Nice job making the Zoura overworld. Looks like it could be the real thing! I'll be looking for some updates!
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:13 PM
incognito322
let's look towards the future!

Nature: Naive
Heh do you know what you just did? Seeing this beautiful game broke my own little hiatus XD. This is beautiful... I expected nothing less. Keep up the great work!
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
This game looks pretty damn good, I really love the idea of temples instead of gym's, I thought of doing something like that once too but never actually did it, btw if you need a pretty good mapper with lots of time to map then you could always message me
Old March 29th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Was the heros sprite originally the guy with the hat, and I just didn't pay close attention? Or did you just change it lol.

Btw, the screens with the vespiqueen... are they in a cave or something? If not, you're using the wrong mountain tiles =/ It's suppose to fade to black only in caves.
Speaking of caves, on the corners in the cave, is little black parts, may wanna fix that ;)
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:09 PM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Was the heros sprite originally the guy with the hat, and I just didn't pay close attention? Or did you just change it lol.

Btw, the screens with the vespiqueen... are they in a cave or something? If not, you're using the wrong mountain tiles =/ It's suppose to fade to black only in caves.
Speaking of caves, on the corners in the cave, is little black parts, may wanna fix that
Thanks for noticing the corners, it's fixed. And yes, it is in a cave. I also changed the overworld.. I found it kinda dull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florio View Post
This game looks pretty damn good, I really love the idea of temples instead of gym's, I thought of doing something like that once too but never actually did it, btw if you need a pretty good mapper with lots of time to map then you could always message me
Thank you. I'll PM you for the mapping some times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoPichu View Post
Good job, like it. Nice job making the Zoura overworld. Looks like it could be the real thing! I'll be looking for some updates!
Yes. Be sure to do that.

~Ledyba~
Old March 29th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

It IS in a cave? Must be a big cave if trees can grow in there lol.
Old March 29th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going to post my comments on the plot in bold, below. Even if you don't much care for it, Maruno.

Quote:
Plot
It's your birthday when you move to Harbor City. You're finally old enough to pick up your Trainer Card. Why is it that you're old enough? Why couldn't you do this before, and why is it alright for you to do so now? Luckily, you live near mrs. Braun, an old woman who has permission to hand over Trainer Cards. Why does she have this power? When you pick it up and decide to go catch a Pokémon, something odd happens. Mrs. Braun decides to give you a Pokemon so you don't get mauled by wild beasts outside of town? A weird, red/black Pokémon stands right in front of you. It's sounding like we're descending into Gary Stu territory here... It looks scared. "Oh god! A human! D:" You decide to take it home. "Oh god, this human is going to make me into soup, isn't it!?" When you do that, your mother gets extremely over-exited. She's the first professor to have a fateful encounter with ZORUA, the Dark Fox. Oh god the capitalization... They seem to be very rare. Though, it decides to stay with you, and lets him catch you. ...The Pokemon lets you, the human, get caught by it, the Pokemon? D:

Your mother asks you if you could do something for her. ''It's nothing, just fill this Pokédex, sweetie.'' Surely there are others more qualified than her son, the Gary Stu? So there you go. Filling your Pokédex by beating gyms, trainers and Wild Pokémon. You travel through the Northern, Eastern, Southern and Western part of Amux, to encounter every single Pokémon around. Not Babos, surely.

But at a certain point, some people in white costumes pop up and steal your Zorua! D'awwww... that's mean of those 'people in white costumes'... At that point, you get to play as Zorua to break out again. Wait... what?
Doesn't that sound fun? Wait... what?

But it isn't just fun. You're getting weird dreams.. ...Who? Zorua, or the player? where you're just walking in a black void. There's no floor!? D: Being chased by something shadow-like. Is... is it a shadow? This stops, when you encounter a girl. Shame on that shadow... being scared like a girl and all. She's pretty, with golden brown hair, and a headband with a strange feather attached to it. Nice to see that the character is superficial like that. : P You and the girl really seem to like each other. So Gary Stu is now a mind reader, is he? ''They call me Selene.'', she says. So from that point, you and Selene travel together. ... If only it were that easy... She seems to be looking for something. Selene is in search for her true home. So... where she was living before wasn't good enough for her? When she was little, she had some kind of amnesia THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT A CLICHE, NOT IN THE LEAST. which made her forget everything. Yep, amnesia'll do that to you. At least, that's what her caretakers told her. [sarcasm]Nice to see that she loves them as much as if they were her true parents.[/sarcasm] They took her from an orphanage somewhere in West Amux. ...take? Or adopt? So that's where Selene wants to go, hoping to find her real parents, ask them why they left her. Don't most people adopt - or take - children from close by, not all the way across the region?

In the meanwhile, you visit temples, gyms, defeat bosses, trainers, wild Pokémon... everything. Just 'cause you're that kind of guy, right? To help your mom... well... not only because of that. Yeah, screw mom and her tasks.

The thing you've seen in your dreams now pops up for real. "Oh god, a shadow! It absolutely must be the shadow I saw in several dreams a few weeks back, it has to be!" You'll encounter it some times, but the ultimate battle with the Shadow Being lies somewhere... in another world. ...Narnia? Middle Earth? And that's how it's supposed to happen. IT IS MEANT TO BE, IT IS. Save the world from being sucked into the Newmoon Void Wait... what?, by releasing the Moon Goddess Wait... what? and defeating the Shadow Being! I'm... I'm confused...

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old March 29th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

Nature: Jolly
This is just... wow. Definately one of my personal favourites, it looks like one of those games where everyone can't help but think it's awesome in some way.

Old March 29th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Vociferocity
[ bad girls do it well ]

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Skype™ to Vociferocity
it sounds like a really interesting game (I love the idea of getting to play as the pokemon for a while), but I just have one question. will it be possible to play as a girl?
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:32 PM
The Dewitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuoaman View Post
I'm going to post my comments on the plot in bold, below. Even if you don't much care for it, Maruno.
I can't deny I lol'd at alot of things you mentioned, haha. The plot is really summary-like in the thread, so I left little details out of it which would explain some of the things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdybot View Post
This is just... wow. Definately one of my personal favourites, it looks like one of those games where everyone can't help but think it's awesome in some way.
Haha, thank you, I appreciate that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vociferocity View Post
it sounds like a really interesting game (I love the idea of getting to play as the pokemon for a while), but I just have one question. will it be possible to play as a girl?
I don't really know that, since a big part of the game is already focused on the girl. But if there are many people who'd like a female player... who am I to not follow that advice?

Quote:
It IS in a cave? Must be a big cave if trees can grow in there lol.
It's a hidden city inside of a hollow mountain. And it still has some small holes in it which make sun break through.. so there is the ability to grow trees.

~Ledyba~
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here