The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old September 7th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Alakazam
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Alakazam
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could rate the Difficulty of the starters for R/S. Like remember in Pokemon Red/Blue Charmander was the hardest to beat the game with? I just want you to do that for the new starters based on the type of Pokemon the gym leaders have. Thanks!
Old September 7th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
i suppose... i'll say 1/10 is hardest and 10/10 is easiest...

Torchic- 9/10
Mudkip- 10/10
Treecko- 10/10

pretty much all the same... i'll just say Torchic is "slightly" (by slightly i mean very slightly) harder due to Roxanne... but then i still KO Nosepass with Torchic... i mean Combusken anyway.
Old September 7th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Alakazam

Send a message via AIM to Alakazam Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Alakazam
Please rate them Hard, Medium, Easy from now on. I need one for each category, no ties.
Old September 7th, 2003, 08:48 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Um... k then.

Mudkip- extremely easy
Treecko- very easy
Torchic- easy

Mudkip earns the extremely easy since it's ground type so you got type advantage against magneton. However it's not like Magneton use anything but supersonic and sonicboom anyway... so doesn't matter what type you are for that gym.
Old September 7th, 2003, 09:20 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Mudkip -Easy

Treeko -Medium

Torchic - Hard

Torchic has a hard time later on too, and as Mudkip evoles it's still very useful.
Old September 7th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Jason

Send a message via ICQ to Jason Send a message via AIM to Jason Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Treecko: Hard - I having trouble defeating Roxanne with him so i evolved him to get it easier.

Torchic - Easy and got it evolved quickly so I defeated Roxanne with Doublekick easily and Brawly with Peck. Fire attacks on Wattson and having trouble with Flannery.

Mudkiip Hard.
Old September 7th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Amphie
Sweet girl

Send a message via AIM to Amphie
I think, Torchic is very easy. You can have some troubles with Roxanne, but his evolution learns Double Kick. With Double Kick, you will win with Roxanne without troubles Many people have problems with Norman and his Slaking. I didn`t have troubles with him. My Blaziken won with all 3 pokemon
Old September 7th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Jason

Send a message via ICQ to Jason Send a message via AIM to Jason Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jason Send a message via Yahoo to Jason
Yep, my Blasiken defeated all of Normans and I having trouble with Altaria belonged to Winona.... thats why i have to treain more...
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Haruka
Pokémon Coordinator

Send a message via AIM to Haruka Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Haruka
Nah... Mudkip is sposed to be easy.. especially when it evolves! The evolved form is a ground type as the 2nd type. It can avoid any electric attacks... which can be very useful for the 3rd gymleader.

Omigosh, it's the return of Ashley... =o
Friend Codes
Pokemon Battle Revolution: 4381 9024 5685 (Alyssa)
Pokemon Diamond: 1718 9721 5525 (Hikari) (2 win, 2 loss)
Florafield City Gym* is now open!
Gym Statistics: 3 win, 3 loss
*Requires a registration at TCoD and also with the League.
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:43 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
In additon, it's Surf can help with Tate and Liza, a lot of the Elite Four, Flannery, Ice Beam for Winona...

I stick by my previous ratings.
Old September 8th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Fire Master
Fire Pokemon Master (FPM)

Send a message via AIM to Fire Master Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fire Master Send a message via Yahoo to Fire Master
Treecko-Easy
Mudkip-Medium
Trochic-Hard

If you get a wingull,you can get torchic and still can beat Roxanne

Yahoo:skatingurl91
Msn:[email protected]
Aim:AngelKitten056
Old September 8th, 2003, 02:08 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

really i don't see how can Mudkip be hard. You are water type (powerful versus a lot of gyms) and part ground too to gain some advantage over fire and electric.

Torchic is only slightly harder cause more training has to be done for Roxanne. But after you got double kick... you're on your way to victory.

Treecko got absorb so no worry for Roxanne there. Even if the Slugmas pull off overheat, my Grovyle/Sceptile just got to low yellow and that's all...
Old September 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Hakudoushi-kun
Guardian of the Northern Souls

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Hakudoushi-kun
mudkip is easy for most of the gyms. treeko is mediumish. and torchic is best for the pkmn league.
Old September 11th, 2003, 06:40 PM
Rift
Let's Venture Onward!

Nature: Jolly
I would think it was Treecko, cause its only one type, but then again it also depends on which game you have and which starter you choose! but then again me probly wrong! ;
Old September 12th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Strider
Not Pwnd

The starters are much balanced in Ru/Sa IMO.

Treecko 9/10
Good against the first gym, probably the worst from the three.

Torchic 10/10
The most useful from the three to have in your party. this bearing in mind that Fire types are rare in this game. Blaziken its final form is one of the strongest fire type in the game. Plus, Blaziken would be useful for elite four.

Mudkip 10/10
Quite helpful against the gym. No particular weakness in general against them, and Swampert has a slightly better stats than Blaziken and Sceptile.
Old September 12th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Iveechan
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
I feel Treecko is the toughest... its only good move is Leaf Blade while the others get the chance to learn more varied moves, like fire and fighting, and water and ground

Old September 12th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Jason

it took many times to get rid of combusken, hirayama and nosepass in early so i agree the treecko is the hardest.
Old September 24th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Dizzy
My Father is a Baron!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dizzy
Actually Treeko and Torchic are tied.

Torchic can only get by a couple . like Roxxanne , if it evolves on time then you can shut her up in her place , same for Wattson and Glacia

Please join my fan-club. I have no fans

Old September 24th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Hakudoushi-kun
Guardian of the Northern Souls

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Hakudoushi-kun
combusken/blaziken has a real tough time at the fortree gym (so does grovyle/sceptile)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links