Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 8th, 2010, 06:51 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by imapirate View Post
Wow, all of them looks awesome! Though I have to say that Gyarados is, to me, the best one simply cause it really gives the feeling that he is really f*****g pissed.
Thanks! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Like-Shiny-Pichu View Post
These look AWESOME I absolutely love that red Gyarados
Thank you! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late View Post
Just what I-Like-Shiny_Pichu said, These look AWESOME!!!
I like almost every one of them. Only one I dislike is the Typhlosion (my favorite Pokémon). It doesn't look like Typhlosion to me.
Pidgeot and Gyarados are best of these. I don't like the gem on Gyarados head as it looks too bright.

I hope I can do something like this someday. I have Photoshop CS2 but I haven't learned anything (maybe something little but still...) and I hope I'll understand every ways to draw with it.
Thank you! ^^ And Typhlosion probably looks different because I drew her in my own style. I like to add a bit of personal artistic design to my drawings, even Pokémon drawings. Also, I don't quite get what you mean when you say Gyarados' Life Orb is too bright... I rather like the contrast, to be honest.

----

Anyway, here's something completely different- as opposed to being new, digital, and Pokémon-related; it's old, traditional, and Final Fantasy-related. XD But I figured I'd put it up simply because it's different.

I don't really remember the date when I drew this, but oh well. I think it was between a year and two years ago. I still like it, though.

I think I was home sick when I did this. xD The original is pretty big, though. It's 10x15 or something like that, and it's hanging framed on my wall. It won an award for something at an art show a couple summers ago.

But anyway, this is Genesis from Final Fantasy VII. I like those games, even though I've never played them. xD

~Starry
Old April 8th, 2010, 07:41 AM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
those are truely amazing..

|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old April 8th, 2010, 10:45 PM
YoungO
Something

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to YoungO
those pics are epic

u think u could hook me up?
Plat: 0389-1152-8005
Black:
1935-9976-9585

YoungO Trade Thread
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:08 AM
Alyssachu
Trainer in training! ;D

Nature: Modest
Ahhh, some of these pictures inspire me to draw more! Gosh, I wish I was that good at digitally coloring. Unfortunately I don't have the motivation anymore to do artsy stuff. I only get into it... every now and then. Once in a blue moon. I should really get back into it. ;___; And I should draw Minun and Plusle!! <3 ... But yeah, these pics are really nice!
Call me Alyssa!
Please visit my Digimon fansite.

h8ers to tha left.
Old April 9th, 2010, 08:19 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkaylabby View Post
those are truely amazing..
Thanks! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungO View Post
those pics are epic

u think u could hook me up?
Thanks! ^^ But what do you mean by 'hooking you up'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyssachu View Post
Ahhh, some of these pictures inspire me to draw more! Gosh, I wish I was that good at digitally coloring. Unfortunately I don't have the motivation anymore to do artsy stuff. I only get into it... every now and then. Once in a blue moon. I should really get back into it. ;___; And I should draw Minun and Plusle!! <3 ... But yeah, these pics are really nice!
Wow, thank you! ^^ Yeah, drawing is fun, if you have the free time and inspiration, I say go for it~! =D

---

Anyway, here's a simple drawing I did of one of my dragon characters that I randomly turned into a Raichu. xD Her name is Wraith, and I might post pictures of her in her dragon form later.

But yeah, I had fun with the effects in this. I found some bubble brushes that I like, and otherwise just played around with lighting/effects/texture for a couple hours with this one. Wraith-chu herself didn't take very long to draw.

~Starry
Old April 15th, 2010, 10:58 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Here's something I drew for one of my friends for his birthday... he's been going through some really hard times lately, so I drew a quick picture of his Pokésona.

Nothing special, I mainly focused on Zakchu himself and the lightning effects rather than the background. The background ish plaiiiiiiin xD

~Starry
Old April 15th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Rasheed Saeed - Renkia
Beginning Trainer

OMG! Your work is really amazing. You have pure talent!

Im loveing the Gyarados & Ho-oH - Lugia arts. Well developed and everything! You could go really far with your work! Keep it up!
Old April 15th, 2010, 03:45 PM
alkaline00

Nature: Quiet
You have an interesting colouring style, what program do you use?
Old April 16th, 2010, 03:34 AM
Shasjas
Togepi

Nature: Relaxed
do you use a tablet?

amazing work, i love the detail of the pokemon and the effects
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed Saeed - Renkia View Post
OMG! Your work is really amazing. You have pure talent!

Im loveing the Gyarados & Ho-oH - Lugia arts. Well developed and everything! You could go really far with your work! Keep it up!
Thank you very much! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkaline00 View Post
You have an interesting colouring style, what program do you use?
Thanks, I use Photoshop Elements 3 to do all my stuff with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasjas View Post
do you use a tablet?

amazing work, i love the detail of the pokemon and the effects
I use a tablet for my outlines and shading, yes. It's an old thing (5 years old), but somehow still works fine. xD

----

Thanks for all the comments, guys, and I apologize for not posting anything lately. I don't have any completed new stuff to show you guys, but here's a quick preview of what I'm working on-

~Starry
Old April 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Skittyseven
Beginning Trainer

.............................................................................................................................................................(looks away) IT BURNS! IT BURNS OF FANTASTICALNESSINESS!
Old April 23rd, 2010, 08:36 AM
Shasjas
Togepi

that is gonna be really impressive, cant wait
Old April 23rd, 2010, 01:14 PM
manego90
Beginning Trainer

those pictures look so cool. man you should keep doing them
Old April 27th, 2010, 05:22 PM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittyseven View Post
.............................................................................................................................................................(looks away) IT BURNS! IT BURNS OF FANTASTICALNESSINESS!
*blushes* Thank you!

Quote:
that is gonna be really impressive, cant wait
Thanks, I hope so. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by manego90 View Post
those pictures look so cool. man you should keep doing them
I plan on it, don't worry. ^^ Glad you like my stuff!

----

Anyway, here's my latest piece! I've been working on this thing on and off for the past couple weeks. I originally got the idea in my head over a month ago, and finally got around to finishing it. xD

Basically, it's my team from HeartGold facing a Shiny Ho-Oh above the Tin Tower/Ecruteak City area. Why a shiny Ho-Oh? Because I spent a week SR'ing for one. XD (Finally got it, I might add. It's pwnsome. c: )

So yeah, here's what's generally going on in the picture-

-Jenna (me, the trainer) is riding atop Lani, her Pidgeot, along with her Umbreon, Lucine.
-Pentavius the Alakazam and Topaz the Typhlosion are riding atop Mazyuun the Red Gyarados (Mazyuun is being held up by Pentavius' psychic energy, he's not actually flying. xD), and Mazyuun is firing a Dragon Rage attack at Ho-Oh.
-Raijin the Ampharos is leaping off of Mazyuun's head, ready to hit Ho-Oh with a Thunderpunch.
-Ho-Oh has a sort of shield up (Safeguard on steriods? idk) to deflect attacks while it powers up a Sacred Fire attack.

...yeah, planning this was hella fun. It might not have come out perfect, but hey, it's still awesome in my book.

Enjoy!

~Starry
Old April 27th, 2010, 08:51 PM
JustinDestruction
Rockin' Trainer

These are so incredible! If only I had my own art style... I can replicate images, but that's it. :p

Follow me on Twitter! @JustinDstrctn
3DS friend code: 2234 7214 8117
Old April 28th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Shasjas
Togepi

wow how do you do that? you have a certain way of colouring/texturing the pokemon that just looks amazing.

more please! * puppy eyes*
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
ForeLegend
Awesome Pikachu Face

Wow, all of your drawings are all just epic, all of them are artistically (insert a better word for epic, awesome, unbelievable) talented, great job man, 10/10. :D
I especially love your drawing of the Red Gyarados, Ampharos, and the epic thundering Pikachu , the Shiny Ho-Ho battle drawing was just EPIC, the feathers were so colorful, and the aura surrounding Ho-Ho.
Old May 7th, 2010, 01:43 PM
BerserkerKing
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Wow I'm speechless you have some great art skills
---Art is my life---
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:56 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinDestruction View Post
These are so incredible! If only I had my own art style... I can replicate images, but that's it. :p
Thank you very much! ^^ I'm still working on my style, but I'm glad you like it.

Quote:
wow how do you do that? you have a certain way of colouring/texturing the pokemon that just looks amazing.

more please! * puppy eyes*
I use an airbrushing effect brush in Photoshop to do the shading. I'm glad you like it! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeLegend View Post
Wow, all of your drawings are all just epic, all of them are artistically (insert a better word for epic, awesome, unbelievable) talented, great job man, 10/10. :D
I especially love your drawing of the Red Gyarados, Ampharos, and the epic thundering Pikachu :), the Shiny Ho-Ho battle drawing was just EPIC, the feathers were so colorful, and the aura surrounding Ho-Ho.
Thank you very much! I'm glad you like my stuff xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerKing View Post
Wow I'm speechless you have some great art skills ^^
Thanks! ^^

----

Anyway, here's a quick overdue art trade of someone's Lucario character as a Riolu in a lab where he was born.

I heavily referenced my 'Birth of Wraichu' drawing that I did for this, as you can probably tell. xD I really do like how it came out, though. The background is a mix of steel-plating texture and a supercomputer stock image I found on a stock website.

~Starry
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:10 AM
BerserkerKing
Beginning Trainer

May I ask how much time do you average per piece?
---Art is my life---
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:24 AM
StarryLatiasGirl
Eevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerserkerKing View Post
May I ask how much time do you average per piece?
It depends on the piece. Something like the Riolu in the cloning tank would be about an hour an a half, if that. Something like the vs. Ho-Oh piece would be between 2 and a half and 3 hours. ^^

~Starry
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:26 AM
BerserkerKing
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryLatiasGirl View Post
It depends on the piece. Something like the Riolu in the cloning tank would be about an hour an a half, if that. Something like the vs. Ho-Oh piece would be between 2 and a half and 3 hours.

~Starry
You're real efficient. 8)
---Art is my life---
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:20 PM
*Firestar*
-- Let the flames ignite --

Nature: Quiet
These are amazing!! I love the shiny Ho-oh battle! But, the Riolu in the tank... The tank faces forwards when everything else is at an angle. Now, prove me wrong, but the picture makes it look like it should go along with the flow and face the same direction, not at the viewer.

If it's ok with you, I would like to use this on my PC. Yes, it really is that great!

Sig Credit | Pair | Family | Turbo Duelist
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Mad Hatteress
Just a little glitchy

Nature: Timid
I'm so extremely jealous of your talent I don't really know what to say. I really want to be able to draw but I have no talent at all; I could only ever dream of being as good as you. You truly are amazing and your skill will only get better since you seem to draw so often.

>.>

<.<

If I could steal your abilities I totally would ;p
Old May 10th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Ωmega
Four score and seven years ago

Nature: Naughty
Omega has Keen Eye ability.
Omega notices Starry!
Omega uses Flatter!
It's super effective! Starry is confused!
Omega uses Copycat! Omega hurts itself in the process!
Omega uses Snatch! It doesn't effect Starry...

This is your and my encounter over your art abilities. Truly phenomenal. I seriously wish I had your abilities. Alas, I can only do stick figures but your art has inspired me to try. :D
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here