The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more intellectual topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Old April 1st, 2010, 01:26 PM
Prince_of_Light
wins.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Prince_of_Light Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prince_of_Light Send a message via Yahoo to Prince_of_Light
YouTube - Rep. Hank Johnson "The Island Will Tip Over" REALLY?

Anybody think this is an April Fools joke? Legit or not, I cracked up.

Personally I think he was being totally serious but I can't be sure if he really believes what he said. I think he wasn't paying attention very much. His speech sounded slurred and he couldn't form a coherent sentence without pausing a million times. Note when he tries to do the math for the area of square mileage he can't do it in his head even though it's very simple.

I read somewhere that he's on some sort of experimental treatment that's causing this, but that could be just a rumor.

Either way, if he's serious and he believes this nonsense then he's an idiot. If he was having a major attention lapse and if this happens often, I question his ability to serve.

Thoughts?
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM
Timbjerr
Makes a Splash!

Nature: Timid
Islands don't just "tip over." According to the geological definition of an island, Guam will have to have soil and rock beneath the island rising up from the ocean floor, making it rigid and impossible for it to flip over. :P
Old April 1st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Prince_of_Light
wins.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Prince_of_Light Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Prince_of_Light Send a message via Yahoo to Prince_of_Light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbjerr View Post
Islands don't just "tip over." According to the geological definition of an island, Guam will have to have soil and rock beneath the island rising up from the ocean floor, making it rigid and impossible for it to flip over. :P
Either he was tripping out or he needs to go back to middle school. But however this turns out it looked to me like he was dead serious. XD
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:01 PM
SBaby
Pokemon Dungeon Master

Oh my God. I was reading that and expecting him to come out and say this was a joke. But he really meant it. Wow.

On a side note, I think I might have found his distant cousin. I decided to link a riff version of it, because I think the original is in bad taste.

- Bruce Lee

The worst thing you can do in a business is blame the customer.

- Willie 'Jack' Degel
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links