• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change is coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
That layout looks awesome, will it be available to ALL hacks in the hack showcase?
How far in the future is this away?

Giga Universe

Working on a tool.
Years
This sounds awesome. It also will give people more incentive to get into the Hack's Showcase, and could up the overall quality of hacks. Those achievements sound cool, maybe make a list of them outside the thread in the subforum(no pictures). There should be ones for storyline, music and other awards (HotW and HotM).

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Well, HotM's award will be given in the acheivements section. HotW isn't staff ran and is therefore not going to be allowed in the award section. (You can make a manual section, just not our system.)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
It'll be out as soon as Audy is un-busy and has time to code it. (Probably a few weeks.)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I love it. :>

I can't wait to see all the achievements you guys are going to make. Hopefully it'll be an incentive for people to post their hacks and update and stuff. :D

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
yay! we get 100% width :D
just one question though, will we need any special tags for setting up the layout?
Fire-buggin' stuff like that takes more time than i care to give.
too bad i usually just do rom-bases (i enjoy graphics work, which is why the majority of my time is spent there) so yea...this looks nice ^-^

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Actually, I cut off most of the extra page because it would be unnecessary. You'll still get PC's layouts - what you see here will only replace the first post of each thread. Debating whether the first post of the thread should be persistent on each page, though.

I don't think that having the first post being repeated on each page would make too much of a difference overall. I mean, most (logical) people are going to read the first post, well, first, and all of the people who have read it already and are proceeding to read the following pages have, um, read it already. :>

The only thing/people that it would really affect, I think, are the dolts who skip to the end and don't read the first post (which makes no sense in the first place) and it's entirely their own fault for doing that.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Wow, that is so cool. I can't wait to see it implemented. Other from the HotM award, what are the other awards that will be included in the achievements panel?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well, I can just say it will be a really great evolution for the Hacks Showcase. Good luck with the project, it will really help us check all the hacks around with ease.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
I don't think that having the first post being repeated on each page would make too much of a difference overall. I mean, most (logical) people are going to read the first post, well, first, and all of the people who have read it already and are proceeding to read the following pages have, um, read it already. :>

The only thing/people that it would really affect, I think, are the dolts who skip to the end and don't read the first post (which makes no sense in the first place) and it's entirely their own fault for doing that.
Well, it's not such a bad idea because it's much easier for readers to see any changes or updates to the hack. I know I usually only read the first post once unless I'm looking for something specifically. And it's sometimes tedious to sift through pages of the more popular hacks to find updates because of all of the borderline spam posts in hacks such as Light Platinum or Crono. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the first post being at the top of every page.

But this does look really cool I must admit. I can't wait to see it implemented. :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Loooooks
Gooooooooooood

When is it gonna be done

It'll be out as soon as Audy is un-busy and has time to code it. (Probably a few weeks.)

You should totally read the whole thread for once. That would be nice.

Well, it's not such a bad idea because it's much easier for readers to see any changes or updates to the hack. I know I usually only read the first post once unless I'm looking for something specifically. And it's sometimes tedious to sift through pages of the more popular hacks to find updates because of all of the borderline spam posts in hacks such as Light Platinum or Crono. Honestly, I wouldn't mind the first post being at the top of every page.

But this does look really cool I must admit. I can't wait to see it implemented. :)
Ah, I see what you mean. I just couldn't think of any reason to have it there, but I suppose there's no reason not to. That certainly makes sense. :>

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
How are you going about the sceenshots? Like, It would be cool if you had like an album page for screenshots or something.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
Years
Looks cool. Azure oughta look great in there if it makes it to hacks showcase when it makes it to hacks showcase.

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
I'm really liking this. I intend to use this for my hack when it is finished. Will all hacks be required to have the page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back