Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase
Reload this Page Platinum Pokémon Platinum Deluxe

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Should Pokémon, that originally evolved by Happiness, Evolve by Level now?
Yes. I don't want my Budew to evolve @ Lvl 30 by Happiness, but @ Lvl 15 by Level, for example. 158 40.93%
Yes, but just because I don't want to pay attention to Happiness. 96 24.87%
No, Happiness is a nice way of Evolving and sometimes very unexpected. 81 20.98%
No and that's it. 14 3.63%
I don't mind AT ALL! I really don't care. 37 9.59%
Voters: 386. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old April 15th, 2010 (06:25 PM).

@Jerkyjoe: I find the grass to be at its best right now, what more do you want from it?

@Oxnite: I've found loads of typos whereas you're called by your rival's name and whatnot. But, I guess you can leave that to the end. Like, work on the more important things. Not meaning to rush you or anything, I'm just really anxious xP.
Old April 16th, 2010 (04:07 AM).
aka Arbok

Quote originally posted by Rozen:
@Oxnite: I've found loads of typos whereas you're called by your rival's name and whatnot. But, I guess you can leave that to the end. Like, work on the more important things. Not meaning to rush you or anything, I'm just really anxious xP.
Ah, yeah, I sure know about that bug. It's really irritating, but I'll edit that later.

I've got some free time now, so I'm gonna work on it!

Will edit some more new routes (Route 214 and more). I'll try to upload a newer version today!
Old April 16th, 2010 (07:34 AM).

Don't rush yourself. Remember quality, not quantity.

And once again, good luck~
Old April 16th, 2010 (08:38 AM).
Guess who's back?

Nature: Naughty
I like this hack its good
And more harder than the normal Platinum

Keep it up
Old April 16th, 2010 (01:10 PM). Edited April 16th, 2010 by Arcelio.
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
I was bored, so I decided to have a bit of fun, and made you your first Userbar for this hack. I hope you like it!

I'm hoping that this hack will be finished, since I'd love to play a Pok
émon game where I can actually catch every single Pokémon.

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 17th, 2010 (02:41 AM).
aka Arbok

Quote originally posted by Arcelio:
I was bored, so I decided to have a bit of fun, and made you your first Userbar for this hack. I hope you like it!

I'm hoping that this hack will be finished, since I'd love to play a Pok
émon game where I can actually catch every single Pokémon.
Oh wow, thanks a lot for the Userbar! I'll put it in the first post! Thanks a lot!

Thanks for all the great comments people. I'm still working on it.
Old April 17th, 2010 (09:28 AM).
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
I made another Userbar, since I'm really anxious to see this project finished.

This one has the I (Rattata and Pidgey), III (Zigzagoon and Taillow), and VI (Bidoof and Starly) Pokemon. I picked these six because they're the Pokemon that you see in the wild first, and it's fun to see how much Pokemon have changed since Generation I. I plan on making another one, using the Legendary Pokemon of Platinum (including Rotom if I can fit it). Hope you like this one.

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 17th, 2010 (12:24 PM).
aka Arbok

Quote originally posted by Arcelio:
I made another Userbar, since I'm really anxious to see this project finished.

This one has the I (Rattata and Pidgey), III (Zigzagoon and Taillow), and VI (Bidoof and Starly) Pokemon. I picked these six because they're the Pokemon that you see in the wild first, and it's fun to see how much Pokemon have changed since Generation I. I plan on making another one, using the Legendary Pokemon of Platinum (including Rotom if I can fit it). Hope you like this one.
It's VERY nice, thanks A LOT for this! Great!

I'll add this one to the first post as soon as possible!
Old April 17th, 2010 (12:30 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
This looks REALLY good, I like the Features Too, Can't wait till it's finished! :D
Old April 17th, 2010 (05:10 PM).

This probably occurs everywhere, but so far it's only happen once because I've only been under one bridge: walk under a trainer where a bridge [or any obstacle?] and you will be forced to battle. O: It's really minor, tho'.
Old April 18th, 2010 (02:30 AM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

I've made you a userbar incase you need another one

Old April 18th, 2010 (03:12 AM).
aka Arbok

This probably occurs everywhere, but so far it's only happen once because I've only been under one bridge: walk under a trainer where a bridge [or any obstacle?] and you will be forced to battle. O: It's really minor, tho'.
Could you tell me which Route exactly? Thanks a lot for telling me about bugs!

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
I've made you a userbar incase you need another one

Thanks a lot for your userbar and support! I'll add it to the first post as soon as possible!
Old April 18th, 2010 (10:06 AM).

Well, I'm not so far in the game so its only happened once so far at Route 205 under the bridge where the hikers are.

And it's not a problem, I'm loving the game so far. It's really challenging. XD
Old April 18th, 2010 (12:18 PM).
aka Arbok

Well, I'm not so far in the game so its only happened once so far at Route 205 under the bridge where the hikers are.

And it's not a problem, I'm loving the game so far. It's really challenging. XD
Ah, I think I know what you mean!

You mean that, when you're standing UNDER the bridge, the hiker ON TOP of the bridge will battle you?

Ah, yeah, that's a problem I'm aware of. Will edit that, thanks for noticing me!

Any more comments / ratings / tips / bugs you've found? Thanks a lot!
Old April 18th, 2010 (12:18 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

How High will the levels go? i.e 8th Gym & E4?
Old April 18th, 2010 (12:31 PM). Edited April 18th, 2010 by Rozen.

Ah, I should have said "right under the Hikers". I didn't get a chance to play today yet since I'm not at home, so I haven't found any new bugs yet.

EDIT: Wait, I remember something! The gym leaders you've replaced with Battle Frontier members WILL NOT give you any prize money. . . simply put.

EDIT: I made a [crappy] userbar.
It's my first
D: <

EDIT:You need like a log on where to find all the Pokemon that you've added to the routes. xD I'm really looking for a Growlithe!

EDIT: So I was re-tracing my steps and went into the ravaged path then out to head to Eterna Forest when this happened before I entered Floaroama:
Old April 19th, 2010 (07:28 AM).
aka Arbok

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
How High will the levels go? i.e 8th Gym & E4?
Well, I'm not sure about that yet. The last thing I did was editing the 5th Gym.
I can tell you that the 5th Gym has Pokémon around Level 45, so that's quite a big improvement, yes. Still, the game is not TOO hard imo.

Ah, I should have said "right under the Hikers". I didn't get a chance to play today yet since I'm not at home, so I haven't found any new bugs yet.

EDIT: Wait, I remember something! The gym leaders you've replaced with Battle Frontier members WILL NOT give you any prize money. . . simply put.

EDIT: I made a [crappy] userbar.
It's my first
D: <

EDIT:You need like a log on where to find all the Pokemon that you've added to the routes. xD I'm really looking for a Growlithe!

EDIT: So I was re-tracing my steps and went into the ravaged path then out to head to Eterna Forest when this happened before I entered Floaroama:
Ah, thanks for this. I'll put the userbar in the first post (later), thanks!

I'll add the 'Pokédex' File soon enough! I have one for myself but I don't really want to spoil it, so I can tell you it this way; you can find Growlith on Route 207 (or Route 211 Part A)!

Oh no, what happened to Route 204? I really have no idea, it must be some kind of bug. I'm not certain how to correct that, though... Thanks for telling me!

Still working on it.. Will add a newer version very soon.. Thanks everybody for your comments! I really appreciate it, please tell me what you like and what not!
Old April 19th, 2010 (01:15 PM).

Maybe the bug is caused by my Emulator?

And this game is really hard [if you picked Turtwig, anyway]. >___> But it's fun. Really fun. This rom hack is the best I've played so far. And probably will the best I've played EVER. D:<
Old April 19th, 2010 (06:05 PM).

I'm interested to see where your hack goes.

Will the new [secret] storyline be dealing with an 'evil' organization or something entirely different?
Old April 20th, 2010 (02:10 AM). Edited April 20th, 2010 by Oxnite.
aka Arbok

Quote originally posted by Zanel:
I'm interested to see where your hack goes.

Will the new [secret] storyline be dealing with an 'evil' organization or something entirely different?
No evil organization, rather an.. 'evil' Pokémon!

Maybe the bug is caused by my Emulator?

And this game is really hard [if you picked Turtwig, anyway]. >___> But it's fun. Really fun. This rom hack is the best I've played so far. And probably will the best I've played EVER. D:<
Yeah, it can be caused by the emulator.. Well.

Ah, yeah, sorry for the difficulty, the game is quite hard indeed.. But! In this game, you don't have to defeat the 2nd Gym immediately! You can just go on!

After receiving the VS Seeker from Dawn / Lucas, don't forget to use it a lot! (Battle Trainers over and over to train your Pokémon).

Thanks a lot for commenting, everyone!

I've finally got some spare time to work on it. Expect a newer version very soon!
Old April 20th, 2010 (11:40 AM).

Yeah, I was planning on getting the Vs. Seeker but I didn't know we were able to move on ahead from Eterna City so I didn't. xP

I'm really curious, how far will the next version go?
Old April 20th, 2010 (12:04 PM). Edited April 21st, 2010 by Oxnite.
aka Arbok

Yeah, I was planning on getting the Vs. Seeker but I didn't know we were able to move on ahead from Eterna City so I didn't. xP

I'm really curious, how far will the next version go?
The next version will have the 'circle' completed - which means you can go after the 3th Gym to Route 213 (and battle the Restaurant People), then go to Pastoria City and defeat thát Gym and you can even battle Trainers on Route 212!

Edit; @ Rozen, I'll add your Userbar tomorrow, sorry for the delay!

Just updated the first post, with the new Evolution Ways. Only things to do before uploading the newer version:
  • Edit the 'bridge-bug' on Route 205 (?)
  • Edit the Solaceon Town bug
  • Edit Route 212A (Part B has been done already)
  • Edit the Team Galactic Storyplot in Pastoria (the chasing etc.)

I'm also considering to add Zorua and Zoroark, the newly announced Pokémon from the 5th Generation!
My thought was to edit Phione and Manaphy to Zorua and Zoroark. Why?
  • Phione is actually useless
  • Manaphy can only be obtained from Pokémon Ranger - IF you even have Manaphy, then I guess you already traded it to an other (original) Pokémon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum game file
  • It's at the end of the Pokémon List, so it can be counted as a Legendary Pokémon

I'd like to hear your comments about this!
Old April 20th, 2010 (01:04 PM). Edited April 20th, 2010 by Rozen.

@Oxnite: That far already, eh? O: Great work! But good luck fixing the bugs.

As for the Zorua and Zoroark . . . I don't see why not, Phione and Manaphy are really useless, I doubt anyone would use it ingame. So go ahead!

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have a feeling this 'evil' Pokemon is a pitch-black Pokemon. >__>
Old April 21st, 2010 (11:40 AM). Edited April 21st, 2010 by Oxnite.
aka Arbok

@Oxnite: That far already, eh? O: Great work! But good luck fixing the bugs.

As for the Zorua and Zoroark . . . I don't see why not, Phione and Manaphy are really useless, I doubt anyone would use it ingame. So go ahead!

EDIT: Ahahaha, I have a feeling this 'evil' Pokemon is a pitch-black Pokemon. >__>
Yeah, that sounds like a correct conclusion!

The next version is almost ready to be released. It will take one more day, because some people pointed me at some more bugs and I'd like to fix them. Tomorrow I want to play the game from Oreburgh City to Solaceon Town and take out all the bugs that appear. I'll upload some new, nice screenshots then, too!

I changed a lot more and I must say, this game is impressing me! The storyline might look a bit weak in the beginning, but it really impresses me now. I can tell you that the EX-Champion Cynthia plays a big role in this game, as well as Looker.

To tell you more about the plot; in Veilstone, after battling some policemen, you get the mission to go to a special island...

I hope this updated you! Thanks a lot for playing, the game is only getting better and better, I assure you!
Old April 21st, 2010 (12:03 PM).

Location: Somewhere that might be near you, but most likely isn't.
Nature: Lonely
Humm, I have a feeling the secret plotline is hidden in your avatar and sig, am i right? Also this looks really good, how are you editing it?

Yandere and proud!

HCF

Co-Admin of HCF & TCC
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)