The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2010, 11:43 PM
NikNaks

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak A View Post
i thought roxxane was a school teacher. she looks more like a little girl in your sprite.
Um... no. In the games she's a schoolgirl. In the anime, she's a very young teacher, but in the games she's literally a student.

Anyway, with PlanetDev going down a lot recently and my having 12 exams in the course of 5 days next week, progress is a little slow, but we're still working. Don't panic
Old June 3rd, 2010, 07:11 AM
starterra
The Zoroark Trainer

Nature: Adamant
hey, I'd love to help out. I suck terribly at actually making a game (so far), but I can help with storyline and some spriting if you need it.
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

When are you going to fix the tile errors on the first page?

Demo Beta out Now!

Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
NikNaks

They're fixed in-game, but we've changed so many things since then it'd be pointless to recreate them now. We will, hopefully, have some screens of Dinso to show soon, instead.
Old June 4th, 2010, 11:46 PM
DjGopher
Beginning Trainer

I saw your topic on smogon and was wondering if I could help as a spriter.
I have some examples of my sprites over there..
This looks very promising
Old June 6th, 2010, 10:51 AM
Andrew McKenzie
Meh.

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by anugrah6 View Post
Wow game is surely good
when it is going to be released
It will be released when it's ready.
I don't think it's against to rules to ask for release dates(it actually probably is) but it can be annoying for the makers.
Old June 10th, 2010, 05:30 PM
melosfox
Beginning Trainer

This looks spectacular! Will all 386 Pokemon be available?
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
"defno'
Monster Tamer

I think this is what we'll be using for the final evo of the armored beetle

When all hope is lost, just have Faith
-August Emerald
Old June 13th, 2010, 03:53 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by melosfox View Post
This looks spectacular! Will all 386 Pokemon be available?
theres 493 pokemon up to diamond and pearl. 386 was back in the ruby/sapphire/emerald days. there are gen 4 pokemon in one screenshot of the game, so i assume there'll be all 493, or at least more than 386.
Old June 14th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Serris
The Constant

Nature: Serious
Why would there have to be more than 386? To be honest, it would not need to include all the pokémon. Even today's current games don't have all pokémon in it, one method to get them all in one game is trading, basically. This could just only have the region's pokédex. It wouldn't need to involve all 493. that's just me though.

But hey guys, I'm still on hiatus, I just thought I'd check up on our progress. Letting you know the music is going fine, even though I haven't kept up to date on what's going on, and I'm slowly working on the Mawile evolution I have planned for this game.

just thought you guys needed an update from me~

Serris

Old June 14th, 2010, 03:23 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serris View Post
Why would there have to be more than 386? To be honest, it would not need to include all the pokémon. Even today's current games don't have all pokémon in it, one method to get them all in one game is trading, basically. This could just only have the region's pokédex. It wouldn't need to involve all 493. that's just me though.

But hey guys, I'm still on hiatus, I just thought I'd check up on our progress. Letting you know the music is going fine, even though I haven't kept up to date on what's going on, and I'm slowly working on the Mawile evolution I have planned for this game.

just thought you guys needed an update from me~

Serris
oops, my bad. made that comment pretty late at night haha. all i meant to reply to was correcting the 386 to 493 lol. didnt mean to say your game like absolutely obviously had all 493, cuz i dont really plan on mine having all of em either, plus i have fakemon too, so the dex would be ridiculous.
Old June 14th, 2010, 05:32 PM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
I believe we're aiming for around 40 fakemon, for the sake of not overwhelming anyone and keeping priority on the rest of the game's features. These do include 9 of them being new starters.

Last edited by lx_theo; June 18th, 2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old June 18th, 2010, 06:05 AM
NikNaks

Sorry for the lack of response, but the team seem to have got that pretty much right. Also, good to hear from you, Serris! Drop me a message on MSN if you catch me.

We're still working, and in the next few days we should hopefully be able to show off our new menu system in action! Fingers crossed!

Oh, and if you didn't notice our post in the Team Recruitment thread, please do check it out!
Old June 26th, 2010, 02:37 AM
YELL0W
Rm2k3 User

Nature: Brave
I've been watching the development of this game and I love it and I can't wait until it's released Because I love the graphics and the Tiles and the Sprites Keep on going Niknaks and the rest of the team.
Good Luck with the Game!
Old June 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM
NikNaks

Thanks for the support, YELL0W!

----

Now, for some news! Hurrah! Well, as you may have noticed from my signature, and that of my team-mates, we're revealing a small amount of our new plot. The theme is Faith. We'll reveal more in due course. For now, feel free to guess and speculate...

Faith is part of thinking. Part of feeling.
It's part of being alive.
Old June 27th, 2010, 07:53 AM
"defno'
Monster Tamer

Yup! Faith...
Anywho, we'll be releasing something to show you guys hopefully soon.

When all hope is lost, just have Faith
-August Emerald
Old June 28th, 2010, 05:34 AM
Zenith95s
何をする?? :

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zenith95s
The graphics are great! The new interface is soo cool!
I like the new sprites made for Roxanne, Brawly and Flannery!
It's so great that I subscribed this thread...:D
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:33 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Will the new part of the story being revealed be part of the Hoenn or Dinso region part of the game? And I fixed the tile errors on the front page:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ly/August1.png
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ly/August2.png
Hope you don't mind...

Demo Beta out Now!

Old July 2nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
Will the new part of the story being revealed be part of the Hoenn or Dinso region part of the game? And I fixed the tile errors on the front page:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ly/August1.png
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5...ly/August2.png
Hope you don't mind...
To answer your question: Although any actual details on the story are secret at the moment, I can say that it will take place in both regions at different points in the game.

Old July 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Rhy-rhy
Beginning Trainer

This looks great, hopefully there will be more updates soon :D
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:40 AM
NikNaks

For those of you who are still following this thread, listen up! We'll soon be moving across to the showcase, hopefully within a fortnight, so, to whet your appetite, here's a teaser. Well, it's more a teaser of a teaser of a teaser. But anyway, try to work out what it is!

Thrilling, right? All will be revealed soon...
Old July 22nd, 2010, 04:47 AM
brokenxnote

A whole 20 days to find out what's in the magic black box of wonder and doom? You cruel, cruel child ;_; lmao. Congrats on making the progress necessary to move on up to the Showcase.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:40 AM
amassenburg
Unhatched Egg

ive been wanting to get back to hoenn but the original game's graphics sucked so i held off...

(might have been asked)
are you gonna have the Battle frontier in this too?

And you think your gonna have pokemon follow you in the game??
Like this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202478
Old July 22nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
Forgive me if I'm too forward. What was the point of that teaser? If I'm not mistaken that's the second teaser you've released. Where is the actually updates? Your "black box" as someone else called it isn't a teaser at all its just a pic with nothing to keep people guessing.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 07:24 AM
NikNaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
A whole 20 days to find out what's in the magic black box of wonder and doom? You cruel, cruel child ;_; lmao. Congrats on making the progress necessary to move on up to the Showcase.
Haha, it's fun keeping people guessing. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amassenburg View Post
I cant wait to play it!!
ive been wanting to get back to hoenn but the original game's graphics sucked so i held off...

(might have been asked)
are you gonna have the Battle frontier in this too?

And you think your gonna have pokemon follow you in the game??
Like this: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=202478
It has been asked before, but I'll add it to an FAQ when we move across. We'll be having a frontier of sorts, but it might be in a different place and might have different games, depending on scripting.

And we're undecided on the second part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCharizard View Post
Forgive me if I'm too forward. What was the point of that teaser? If I'm not mistaken that's the second teaser you've released. Where is the actually updates? Your "black box" as someone else called it isn't a teaser at all its just a pic with nothing to keep people guessing.
Fair play, although it did come across as a little rude. The point of this teaser is just to bump the thread and make people aware that we're still running. Our actual updates will come over the course of one week once we've moved to the showcase, culminating in a big one on day seven. I don't want to give away too much, so the teasers have been pretty strange and vague, and I appreciate that. Hope that answers your concern.

Sponsored Links