The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-chan View Post
Are you implying that Osama Bin Laden's Shiite jihad isn't a warp on Mohammad's original idea of jihad? This is a topic that's too complicated to get into in this particular thread.
I don't understand this o-o but I don't think I want to get into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.
But I didn't agree the with 'his master-race' But I agreed with the idea of a master race, think about it.
That's just sick.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Chibi-chan
The Freshmaker!
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben. View Post

But I didn't agree the with 'his master-race' But I agreed with the idea of a master race, think about it.
I have and it's stupid and wrong.
You mean a race of gray blobs right? I can understand if you feel that a life of everyone the same might be better, but a master race doesn't exist.

/ / ////
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Aureol
Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Modest
Wow... from the way people post in this thread, it almost seems like people view him a s a good person who made mistakes.

Everyone's human. It's not like the day you're born, you are already a mass-murderer or anything. Everyone does some "good" along the way, and the same people do some "bad" along the way. Same with Hitler: he may have done some good things while he was a leader, but the vast majority was a cruel abomination, and it's a shame he didn't die far earlier than he had. I'm sorry, but anybody that sees the extermination of an entire group of people based on anything irrelevant, such as race or religion, is pretty messed up.

And this thing about a super-race? How can anyone honestly support a world where we eliminate fetuses based on their attributes? I can understand some people not even approaching pregnancy because of severe issues such as mental handicaps, but this is wrong. It's like saying the black people aren't good enough, or the Arabs aren't good enough, or the Mexicans aren't good enough. Heck, only 2% of the world has naturally blond hair, so 98% of the world isn't good enough just because they don't have Hitler's favorite hair color.

The only reason I would support this in any way is because I happen to be blond-haired and blue-eyed, so I'm safe.

I have no sympathy for him. I wish he hadn't turned out evil, but by the end of his life, he deserved far worse than what he received.
I believe in God, I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ, and I am a "Mormon" (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). If you ever want to learn about Mormonism, feel free to PM me or go to the official website (mormon.org).
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Gold warehouse

Quote:

But, I like the idea, there would be alot of up's and downs, and I think the up's overhaul the downs
Negative points: it's merely discrimination, it's a term used to put down ethnic minorities and claim that white people are above blacks, heterosexuals are above other sexualitys, those with disabilities are inferior. Well it says anyone that's "inferior" should be gotten rid of.

Now what are the "up" points?
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

I don't think anyone here is agreeing with what he did; most seem to be confirming that he was a skilled dictator and a mastermind of manipulation. As for the genocide, though, the only one who seems to agree with it is Ben.

[Edit]

Just to throw this in there, who is Hitler to say which race is best? Skin colour changed from tan to lighter or darker based on environment, food, and exposure to the sun. God never favoured a race; He merely gave humans the ability to adapt to their environment. Although God would never do that, He's the only one who has the right to say which race is best. At one point, He wrote that the Jews were his "chosen people"; personally, I feel he chose them for the purpose of delivering the Torah, the earliest form of His laws and word. They failed Him when they editted his marvelous text, just as the Christians failed Him when the Romans editted the Bible at pleasure.

Main point: No one has the right to choose. That's something that God reserves the right to do, and I don't believe He would ever say that one human is better than another, just because of their skin colour (of which, He created for a purpose).

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ben.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-chan View Post
I'm going to make an assumption you're blonde haired blue eyed and hate minorites. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm brown hair, brown eyed, I treat everyone equally.
And I have glasses and braces.
Like I said, I'm not a fan of Hitler's super race, just the possibility and views of A superface.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:25 AM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►

Nature: Jolly
Hitler was a p cool guy. Besides Burt Reynolds he had probably one of the best moustaches ever.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Fox♠
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Woah, Ben never said he agreed with genocide, just the ideals of a master race.

This is getting a bit too hot to handle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Save us Captain Fabio!!
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin
As for the genocide, though, the only one who seems to agree with it is Ben.
I never said he agreed with it; I just said that's how it appeared to me :s He never said he didn't agreed with it, so I'm confused with his opinion, especially since he's calling Hitler a "genius for having thought of a the idea of one race > everyone else". That makes it appear (to me) that he's agreeing with killing people not belonging to this fictional "super race".

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak View Post
Negative points: it's merely discrimination, it's a term used to put down ethnic minorities and claim that white people are above blacks, heterosexuals are above other sexualitys, those with disabilities are inferior. Well it says anyone that's "inferior" should be gotten rid of.

Now what are the "up" points?
As I siad, Not Hitler's super race, A superrace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusshin View Post
I don't think anyone here is agreeing with what he did; most seem to be confirming that he was a skilled dictator and a mastermind of manipulation. As for the genocide, though, the only one who seems to agree with it is Ben.
I'm not agreeing with that.
What I'm agreeing with the fact, that a superrace would infact solve many problems that faces the current soicity.
I'm totally against genocide, It's not right in anyway at all.

And just to clear things up, I don't like genocide, I do like Hitler's goal about the super race, I don't like 'Hitler's superrace' but I do like the idea of A superrace.
and thanks Fox.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying that.

I still think the idea is sick, though.

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Fox♠

Quote:

I never said he agreed with it; I just said that's how it appeared to me :s He never said he didn't agreed with it, so I'm confused with his opinion, especially since he's calling Hitler a "genius for having thought of a the idea of one race > everyone else". That makes it appear (to me) that he's agreeing with killing people not belonging to this fictional "super race".
I think it's more of a case of him liking the idea of a single race as opposed to him agreeing other races should die. I don't agree with what he's saying, but I think it's a bit far to speculate that he supports genocide.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

I was looking at it a bit broadly :s I think the combination of Hitler being a "genius" and "super race > everyone else" ticked in my head that he found it all right to kill people not belonging to a fictional "super race".

He clarified, though, and I understand now xD

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Fox♠

Yeah, I understand that.
His idea of a master race is a lot different to Hitler's though, and in theory it would eliminate issues like racism, however considering we are one race anyway, just with asthetic differences, we should already be said master race, after all, humans are top of the food chain.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying that.

I still think the idea is sick, though.
I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox♠ View Post
I think it's more of a case of him liking the idea of a single race as opposed to him agreeing other races should die. I don't agree with what he's saying, but I think it's a bit far to speculate that he supports genocide.
I'll put forward my points for a single race.
  • No racism
  • No discrimantion
  • No bulling.
  • No poverty.
That's what I like the idea of, getting rid of those.
But I don't think there's any other was to get rid of them apart from a single race.
and so I support it, if you see it from that, I think more people will realise it now.

Gold warehouse

Quote:

As I siad, Not Hitler's super race, A superrace.
What do you mean by super race then. You made a thread about Hitler then start mentioning his super race. Now you say you don't mean Hitler's idea of a super race.

Are you now saying you just wish all humans become super heroes or something?

Edit: Your latest post is not ideas of a super race, it's ideas for an ideal society and way of living, not changing humanity.
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox♠ View Post
Yeah, I understand that.
His idea of a master race is a lot different to Hitler's though, and in theory it would eliminate issues like racism, however considering we are one race anyway, just with asthetic differences, we should already be said master race, after all, humans are top of the food chain.
100% agreed. The idea of "races" in general is silly. We're just a bit different, but we're all the same race, with the same anatomy o-o It's just that people are ridiculous and base their opinions on stereotypes and what others have told them about someone, and when it starts piling up the opinions / experiences with a specific ethnic group, people tend to judge and generalize >>

but I do wonder: let's say there is a super race, and it's brown hair and green eyes.

Would you kill my fiance and me, since I'm blonde with blue eyes, and he's an arab with black hair and brown eyes?

General question by the way :s

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
.Gamer
»»───knee─►

Nature: Jolly
Guys guys guys, you are talking about insignificant stuff about Hitler. Focus on the important stuff.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:

100% agreed. The idea of "races" in general is silly. We're just a bit different, but we're all the same race, with the same anatomy o-o It's just that people are ridiculous and base their opinions on stereotypes and what others have told them about someone, and when it starts piling up the opinions / experiences with a specific ethnic group, people tend to judge and generalize >>

but I do wonder: let's say there is a super race, and it's brown hair and green eyes.

Would you kill my fiance and me, since I'm blonde with blue eyes, and he's an arab with black hair and brown eyes?

General question by the way :s
Final :3
No, if there was a super race like that I wouldn't support it.
There isn't a ideal superrace, just the idea of it.
Because it can't be made, without genocide.
Which I don't support.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Quote:

Final :3
No, if there was a super race like that I wouldn't support it.
There isn't a ideal superrace, just the idea of it.
Because it can't be made, without genocide.
Which I don't support.
Now I'm confused xD Just what is a "super race" in your opinion?

@.Gamer

lol! xD

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak View Post
What do you mean by super race then. You made a thread about Hitler then start mentioning his super race. Now you say you don't mean Hitler's idea of a super race.

Are you now saying you just wish all humans become super heroes or something?

Edit: Your latest post is not ideas of a super race, it's ideas for an ideal society and way of living, not changing humanity.
That's what the thread was meant to be about, but then everyone start saying I was supporting genocide.

Anyway it's just a sun section of Hitler.
If you want, follow .Gamer's footsteps.

Old April 15th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Fox♠

Quote:

I don't.

I'll put forward my points for a single race.
  • No racism
  • No discrimantion
  • No bulling.
  • No poverty.
That's what I like the idea of, getting rid of those.
But I don't think there's any other was to get rid of them apart from a single race.
and so I support it, if you see it from that, I think more people will realise it now.
There'd still be bullying, discrimination and poverty though. Sexism and homophobia won't vanish because ethnicity does. And people will still be out of work, there'll still be reasons to bully people.
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Not "everyone". S'just the way you spoke, I speculated that you were fine with it :s no one else got confused with that part. Just me lol and it's been taken care of.

Also, I don't think there exists such a thing as a "fun section for Hitler". It sounds... << hrm. How to say this? Inappropriate? Infeasable? Wrong?

I can see this thread becoming a bashfest if left open.

The French Club
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:49 AM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
This thread has gotten very popular. Hitler's really that famous? Wow.

Ben, why do you want to know other people's views on him?
Old April 15th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Ben.
Orange I s l a n d s~

Quote:

Now I'm confused xD Just what is a "super race" in your opinion?

@.Gamer

lol! xD
A superrace, is were everyone is the same, looks the same, and treated them same.
But I wouldn't like that.
My superrace would be, Just the bulletpoints I posted.
But I wouldn't like to offend anyone. I don't want to have a race like superrace.
But I think it's the only way to cross off the bullet points.
It's a tricky subject, I want people's views.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links