Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Monotype Challenge (Ver. 2.0)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old April 16th, 2010 (06:07 AM). Edited July 28th, 2010 by .EJ.
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Nature: Relaxed
HEY, CHAMP TO BE, Welcome To The HeartGold/SoulSilver MONOTYPE CHALLENGE! This is a challenge where you will have to complete either game using ONE type only. Refer to the rules below before posting something that could easily be answered.

Rules:
1) Dual-Types are allowed.
2) You have beat your challenge when you defeat the Ellite Four, the Champion and ALL of the Gym Leaders, both Johto and Kanto. Don't forget red either.
3) You are allowed to do one type, even if someone else is.
4) It isn't a race, so no need to rush!
5) No trading please, unless it is for evolution purposes (There are exceptions to this).
6) Obviously, no cheating or hacking.
7) You may use emulators.
8) Only use Pokemon under your type
9) At least one Pokemon, must be caught before Violet City. If you have not caught a Pokemon of your type by then, use your starter until you do.
10) Please update frequently, and when you do, try to include what you've done, your team so far, and try to make it interesting.
11) No Legendaries.
12) If your team doesn't have a Pokemon that can use HM moves that you need, you are allowed 1-2 HM slaves that will be able to do those things.
13) You can have a Pokemon that isn't your type if it will evolve into that type at some stage
14) Have fun!
15)If you have a question, contact me via VM, PM, or on this thread.
16)ABSOLUTELY NO RULE BREAKING. I've completed this challenge before and I know it's possible without cheating. I'm considering a No tolerance policy so be wise and play clean.
17)Egg Rule
Spoiler:
Pokemon types that are rare/scarce warrant egg trading. This means the dragon, ice, dark, fighting, steel, ghost and electric types are the only ones to get eggs.

Why electric? I'm only allowing people to bring in a Pichu egg because mareep, chinchou, magnemite, etc are around. Pichu serves as their "starter"

ice: I can vouch for this type and say that it's tough when half your team is acquired in the ice cave.

Dark: most are in the safari zone and that ruins the purpose of monotyping this type.

Dragon: need I say more? Of course this type is rare...

Steel: it's rare...lol

Fighting: from now on I'm only allowing a tyrogue egg to start you off.

Ghost: I haven't decided but prolly only a misdreavus egg or something. You guys decide here.

I'm setting the limit to 3. At most, you can have 3 unless I've said that type only gets one i.e. Fighting, electric,

It is recommended you pick Totodile as a starter since he learns 4 of the 8 HM's. (1,3,5,7) Thanks to Porygon z for pointing that out.

Members:
Fire:
Spoiler:
Melvern, Decodedd,yomamathecableguy, Cardwell74

Water:
Spoiler:
Lamborgeon, Hydroxider, NotchedEarPichu, Mudkiprush!!!, Arcelio, dithyrambos, Sora247_2009

Grass:
Spoiler:
SonofWiseii, TrilbyMenetti, Mechabug, dragonsfreak

Electric:
Spoiler:
Wolfechu, Electrovenom, §acred†Beo!, joenub707

Flying:
Spoiler:
Japas, DreJ1212, Obsidian Judge, Polkop, Archaon

Ice:
Spoiler:
myrrh25, nohr, polizard

Dragon:
Spoiler:
Rahiri, Maxy, blaQk, little brother, Mew396

Dark:
Spoiler:
X75flames, Kerjo, brownz boyz

Rock:
Spoiler:
Uplifts

Ground:
Spoiler:
Sweed, redsaber5859, Bruno™

Fighting:
Spoiler:
JFire

Psychic:
Spoiler:
The Sceptile King, Esper-chan, Torcoal, Eveelution, fightback, Myzou, G3RM

Normal:
Spoiler:
angrybanana5000, Robin Hood, jmd34, EJ, weightywillbill, Roxal15, Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty, Amberfunk

Poison:
Spoiler:
Sire,kjgvrof, KnilShadowLink, pikakip, lance394, Urwaldbewohner, vicousvirus, Amberfunk, skaterzpenguin, Ęℓαчиıı

Bug:
Spoiler:
Chunes,xxChazxx, futile314, Xadet, Cystar, Butterfree-Charizard, Aquerex, Train rides by

Steel:
Spoiler:
Jaspher, Manga, Sam_Sam, Giratina ♀

Ghost:
Spoiler:
Rapide, Leebee

The Champions:
Spoiler:

EJ (Ice type)
" I've never had to use so many potions, revives, super potions, revives, max potions, hyper potions, full restores...you name it! It was fun though =]"

Azumin (Ground Type)
"Remember guys, there are dual types so use them to your advantage!"

Totopacman (Bug/ Flying/Water Types)
"Gym Leader's will always screw you over. Beat the crap out of 'em and move on."

Porygon Z (Steel/Dark Types)
"Remember: Dual Types are allowed. Follow this tip, always!"

Toxic Potato (Fighting Type)
"Don't forget you can import eggs if the game lacks your type, like I did, or you'll be stuck with the same Pokemon for 3+ Gyms."

Kurumi (Rock/Ghost Types)
"Read the rules carefully and look deep into Your Pokemon,sometimes they'll be able to defeat their weaknesses and be victorious."

Emoxy (Bug/Normal Types)
"Type coverage is very important; choose your moves wisely and don't hesitate to use TMs."

Shiari Xero (Ghost Type)
"Power isnt always everything, if you have a strategy you think can win, use it. Go in with everything you got and come out on top!"

Polkop(Psychic/Dark Types)
"TO beat Red, the best way is stalling."

Ian_Watkins (Steel Type)
"You don't need a full team of six to complete this challenge, just good strategies and training! =]"

Sleet (Dark Type)
"I came I grinded, I failed a few times, but finally. I conquered"

Myzou (Bug Type)
"Never underestimate Pokémon others would consider weak. Those Pokémon may be your personal Diamond in the Rough, like Ariados was to me."

dragonsfreak (Fighting/Grass Types)
"This was so much more intense than the normal game experience. You´ll learn to love Pokemon you never looked at before."

Amberfunk (Steel/Poison Types)
" I used my favorites and won! :D"

Dr. Faustus (Dark Type)
"Fast and powerful, but usually frail. That's what Dark-type Pokemon are."

Polizard (Water Type)
"Just remember to have fun and level grind as much as possible"

Twinsandvikes777 (Fighting Type)
"I'd like to say grinding sucks. PERIOD."

Train rides by (Dark Type)
"level grinding:1.annoying 2.pain in the ass 3.helps the hell out of beating the game"

Userbars (credit to Arcelio and Iceknight212)

Spoiler:

Arcelio's

Iceknight's (He modified some of Arcelio's originals)

Please follow this format to sign up.

Username:
Type:
Version:
Old April 17th, 2010 (07:53 AM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Nature: Calm
EJ. , I have Deleted my save file , but I will start this challenge once again if I download the ROM , but i'm currently working on finishing SS , So please remove me from the list for the moment. Thanks
White Name : JM
FC : 5329 1888 0577
Old April 17th, 2010 (08:00 AM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

Will do, just let me know when you want back in. I wanna see some champions in here =]
Old April 17th, 2010 (08:03 AM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Yeah well first off I wanted to finish the game Normally , after this i'll be your Flying Or Bug Type champion :p
Old April 17th, 2010 (04:37 PM).

Just throwing it out there, but I switched to poison.
Old April 17th, 2010 (06:30 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

^Noted.

List has been updated with all the current challengers.

Keep it coming guys =]
Old April 17th, 2010 (11:24 PM).

I made this... I don't know why. do you want it? of course, I could always edit it to how you like it as well.
Old April 17th, 2010 (11:27 PM). Edited April 18th, 2010 by Azumin.
Trader/RNGer. ^-^

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Azumin
Guess I should do an update :D
Currently: Grinding for E4 fight.
*Updated* Team:
Spoiler:
Mamoswine-49
Onix-45
Golem-50
Quagsire-51
NidoKing-50

Playtime: 24 hrs,23 min

Progress :D
Beat the elite 4 Yay. Soft-reseted through the credits, Flew to Olivine city and boarded the S.S. Anne

Current Challenges:
HG/SS Solo Run: With Pidgeot
Old April 18th, 2010 (01:35 AM).
This was a triumph.

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via Yahoo to Arcelio
I changed my mind, yet again. I'm so damn fickle...

Name: Arcelio
Pokemon Team: Not sure yet. Teddiursa and Tauros, and maybe Pidgey are the only ones I know for sure.
Version: SoulSilver
Type: Normal

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 18th, 2010 (07:22 AM). Edited April 18th, 2010 by jmd34.
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Count Me In Pal !!

In game Name : Lloyd
Version : Soul Silver
Monotype Water Challenge
Team : Poliwrath / Slowbro / Gyarados(Shiny :p)/Kingdra/Lapras/Quagsire

Alright , My Progress :

Ran The Erran for Prof Elm./Mr pokemon with a chikorita , skipped the most trainers I could and went to violet city.Caught Myself a Wooper First member of my team.Got back to face the trainers and trained on some geodudes at the dark cave. Currently facing the elder of Sprout tower , my wooper is level 12 so its pretty hard , i'll make sure to train it some more before falkner !

My Team :

Wooper : Level 12
Old April 18th, 2010 (10:03 AM). Edited April 21st, 2010 by Zanel.

In-game name: Z
Version: HeartGold [Rom]
Type: Flying
Pokemon: Crobat, Dragonite, Togekiss, Xatu, Mantine, Jumpluff
Old April 18th, 2010 (10:11 AM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

I'll add in you guys, good luck.

Quote originally posted by Pyromaniac45:

I made this... I don't know why. do you want it? of course, I could always edit it to how you like it as well.
if you could add in a border, it'd be just fine. Thanks =]

My ice challenge is on hiatus so don't expect much from me for a while.
Old April 18th, 2010 (10:15 AM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Am I the only one currently Editing my progress?
Old April 18th, 2010 (10:20 AM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

You could just post your progress. That keeps the thread around and hopefully it attracts more challengers to compete and who knows, eventually we could add in prizes, etc.
Old April 18th, 2010 (11:11 AM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

Yeah thats what i planned to do , it just double posted Lol well currently I just cam back from wal-mart and i'm training on Mareeps/Bellsprouts to face falkner , wooper is now level 16... U_u falkner is so hard , but bugsy will be easy !
Old April 18th, 2010 (01:17 PM).
It's Been a While

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by xxChazxx:
I'm signing up!

Username: xxChazxx
Type: Bug
Version: HeartGold

I will start out with a starter (obviously) and catch a Spinarak and a Caterpie and evolve them before Violet gym for my first installment of the challenge (Scyther and Heracross will have to wait a bit).

My entry from the previously locked thread. I haven't updated yet, so that's what I plan to do here.

~All went as planned and I caught a Spinarak and a Caterpie and a Sentret (soon to be HM slave) before the first Gym and placed my starter in storage.
~I evolved the Caterpie into a Butterfree, making Faulkner a walk in the park.
~The trip through Union Cave was a challenge to say the least, with the Rock Pokemon and the Fire Breathers...
~I finally made it to Azalea and saved the Slowpoke. I went into the Gym and beat Bugsy (Butterfree learned Gust and made him easy).
~I made my way to Ilex Forest and had to fight my rival before going inside... My rival, Silver, had a Quilava by this time, and proved a worthy opponent (I still won though).
~Ilex Forest wasn't anything special, and I caught a Paras too!
~I taught the Sentret from before Headbutt which allowed me to catch a Heracross on Route 33.
~My Sentret evolved into a Furret and I now have my HM slave.
~I am now at the base of Goldenrod on Route 34, training my Heracross for the fight with Whitney. It has just learned Brick Break and will prove useful.

My team is as follows:

Heracross Level 19:
Brick Break
Aerial Ace
Horn Attack
Endure

Butterfree Level 20:
Tackle
Sleep Powder
Gust
Confusion

Spinarak Level 20:
Poison Sting
Night Shade
Leech Life
Shadow Sneak

Paras Level 8:
Scratch
Stun Spore
PoisonPowder
Cut

Furret Level 16:
Scratch
Headbutt
Fury Swipes
Quick Attack

So, this is my progress, and I hope I'm still in the contest.
Old April 18th, 2010 (02:29 PM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

EDIT

My Progress :

Finished training Wooper to level 15 it learned Slam and then challenged Falkner... The battle last about 5 minutes : Pidgey Used tackle , Wooper Used Slam , pidgey faints and then slam potion slam potion because he kept going on and on with roost on his darn pidgeotto U_u

Current Team :

Wooper Level 16
Old April 18th, 2010 (02:43 PM).
This was a triumph.

Well, this is actually my first time playing Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver, so if I sound really surprised, that's why. I'm doing the Normal-type Challenge, for anyone that's forgotten.

• Started the no$zoomer and the no$gba with it. Started up my Pokémon SoulSilver ROM, and set off.
  • Named myself 'Gold', as that's what 'Ethan''s name should be in all Pokémon games.
  • Walked downstairs, spoke to my mother, and she gave me, not only the ability to SAVE, but she gave me a bag, a card that I can clip badges to (like I'll ever need that), and... wait for it... OPTIONS! That's right, your mom gives you options. How, I don't know, but she did it.
  • Went outside, only to be attacked by a Marill. I fought valiantly, but I am but a human. Right before the Marill struck the finishing blow, it was whisked away by Lyra/Kotone/Where The **** Crys? My life was spared on this day, and I shall always remember it.
  • Spoke with this extremely rude redheaded boy. He kicked me, just for trying to talk to him! Can you believe that!? The nerve of some people. I think he hurt me too...
  • After being crying to my mom about mean, redheaded brats, I walked off to the Elm Pokémon Lab. There's still that redheaded mean guy standing outside the window, which makes me wonder if he's a stalker. And, if he's a stalker, who exactly is he stalking, and why? Prof. Elm? Does that count as reverse-pedophilia or something?
  • Got to play with the really cool PokéBall Machine. Rotate the balls, then look inside them!
  • Eventually got bored and chose a Totodile, to help me combat the Geodudes as I search for Teddiursa.
  • My new Totodile keeps following me, and showing off his fangs. Help...
  • The weird assistant, that has no first or last name, refuses to help me. Instead, he gives me some Potions. Ones that don't work on humans. So, if Totodile decides to kill me, and I somehow wound it, it can just take the Potions out of my bag and heal itself. How nice of him.
  • Saved three times, just like a separate forum said to do, to make sure the file is actually saved. I still don't get why Nintendo went to such great lengths to protect this game from piracy though. I already bought the game, I just have to wait for it to ship. So, I decided to play the ROM as I wait, only to get a handful of problems. This better not happen with Pokémon Black and White...
  • Walked out of the lab, resigned to my fate.
  • OH DEAR GOD, IT'S THE MARILL AGAIN! TOTODILE, KILL IT!
  • According to Lyra, the Totodile that wants to kill me is cute. Does no one see the killer beast that Totodile hides inside himself other than me?
  • Apparently, I should talk with my Pokémon. Why? They can only say their name, which means their conversations must suck. I know a thousand words, and my conversations still suck.
  • BRB, GONNA GO SHOW THIS KILLING MACHINE TO MY MOTHER.
  • My mother compliments Totodile, like everyone freaking else so far, then gives me my PokéGear. Whatever happened to just giving me a map, a Pokémon, and telling me to get the **** out of the house? That's the way I saw Pokémon Red at least.
  • My mother insists on explaining how to use a phone. Mom, I'm ten. I think I understand the basics of a phone. Why I have to go out with this bloodthirsty creature and hurt other animals is what really baffles me. Isn't this animal abuse?
  • Finally spoke to my Totodile. He was staring intently at the sky. When I reminded him that you can't kill the sky, he glared at me.
  • Why is there an exclamation point coming out of my skull? ...I blame Totodile.
  • Prof. Elm gave me his PokéGear number. Why, I'm not too sure. If this guy turns out to be a pedophile, I'm moving to Cherrygrove. He then tells me he'll call is 'something comes up', which sounds like an innuendo.
  • Walked out onto Route 101. The adventure begins! Started walking through the grass to reach Cherrygrove. I could have sworn someone said that Wild Poké...
  • OH DEAR GOD, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT RAT!? Why is it purple!? Is that blood!? Kill it, Totodile!
  • Totodile killed it with minimal effort, showing its true nature as a feared, ferocious killer with no remorse for the living.
  • Okay, now a pigeon appeared. Not as strange as the killer rat, but not exactly normal. Why is it brown though? Aren't pigeons usually black or white?
  • That pigeon hit my Pokémon! This transgression can not go unpunished! Totodile, destroy!
  • Totodile learned Water Gun. Yeah, that's just what I needed. Give it more weapons to take me out with.
  • Talked to a guy that was waiting for a Pokémon that appears at night. Wouldn't it make more sense to just go to sleep during the day, wake up at night, and then go look for it?
  • I found a tree! It doesn't have anything on it though, except for leaves, which I can't take because.... wait, why can't I take the leaves!?
  • Found another rat, only this one looks more squirrel-like. Doesn't matter though, cause Totodile killed it before I could get a better look at it, that bastard.
  • After Totodile murdered all those poor animals, we finally reached Cherrygrove. Let me tell you, if this is how the entire journey is going to be like, I wanna retire now...
Current Team

Name: Totodile
Type: Water
Attacks: Scratch/Leer/Water Gun
Level: 6

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 18th, 2010 (04:08 PM).
#1 Arcanine Fanboy

Nature: Timid
Hmm well, I'm starting to get kinda bored of my "Ninja" playthrough on my Soul Silver...once I get my main team transfered to my Heart Gold, I'll restart for the monotype challenge.

Username: KnilShadowLink
Type: Poison

(Jasmine's going to be incredibly difficult.)

Old April 18th, 2010 (04:56 PM).
everything is purple
Silver Tier

yeah xxchazzxx you're still in.

Lololololol arcelio.

Quote originally posted by KnilShadowLink:
Hmm well, I'm starting to get kinda bored of my "Ninja" playthrough on my Soul Silver...once I get my main team transfered to my Heart Gold, I'll restart for the monotype challenge.

Username: KnilShadowLink
Type: Poison

(Jasmine's going to be incredibly difficult.)
Catch a gastly, evolve it to gengar and teach it the focus blast tm. =]
Old April 18th, 2010 (06:56 PM). Edited April 19th, 2010 by Arcelio.
This was a triumph.

Well, I'm bored again, so I figure that I might as well continue where I left off.

• After entering Cherrygrove, I was attacked by an extremely excited old man that wanted to, and I quote, 'teach me a few things'. Out of pure fear, I follow the man, but make sure that he doesn't walk behind me. He tries anything, Totodile's eating him instead of an Oran Berry.
  • Old man gave me some Running Shoes, which confuses me. So, in this entire world, you need to have these type of shoes to run? What happens if you don't; you get arrested? Yeah, because the police force in Pokémon World is obviously effective. That's why Giovanni, Team Rocket, Team Magma and Aqua, and Team Galactic were so successful. They weren't powerful, but the police, apparently, don't do anything.
  • Why exactly did the old man show me his house? Totodile... Okay, now he gave me a Map Card, which should come in handy when I'm trying to avoid these thinly veiled pedophiles. Once again, what the hell does the police force do?
  • Turned on my iPod, and searched through all my music to find the 'The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya' Original Soundtrack. I don't know why, but I keep finding Japanese music really catchy these days.
  • Walked in the tall grass, and found a brown pigeon, even browner than the other one. It growled at Totodile, which led to the devouring of its soul. Maybe I should keep Totodile on a leash...?
  • Found a Potion lying on the ground. Okay, seriously, who keeps dropping all this crap on the ground? Seriously, why don't you just take a Max Repel and spray it at the sky if you want to jump-start global warming, you prick.
  • Found another tree that refuses to give me things. If I had Cyndaquil, I would burn all these trees to the ground. Wait, wouldn't that mean I'm just as bad as the guy that keeps dropping items...

• This strange man literally starts screaming at me because I didn't barge into his house. He's so lucky Totodile doesn't like the taste of *******s, otherwise I'd have him attack this maniac. Then, he says something about our meeting being 'meant to be' or something. Can this be a meeting? I thought a meeting was when both parties actually give a damn what the other has to say. Dude gives me a box, as if I don't have enough crap to lug around. Does no one realize that a ten-year-old boy isn't that strong? I swear, this whole quest has to fall under some section of child-abuse.
  • I found an Antidote. I'm going to laugh if I someone dropped this after their Pokémon was Badly Poisoned.
  • This Youngster brat started yelling at me, even though he was getting his ass kicked in a battle. What a prick. And, to top it off, they won't let me through. Why I can't just pull myself over the ledge is anyone's guess. Maybe I just lack the upper body strength...
  • Another one of these damn mutated purple rats. Totodile, just... you know what? Screw it. Do whatever the hell it is that you do that kills everything you touch.
  • After the battle, if you can call it that, Totodile Leveled-Up. This proves that hurting other people makes you better than them. I would say that the rat can testify for that, but... dead rats tell no tails (It's a pun. Laugh, dammit).
  • I found another weird pigeon, but this one had sparkles around it at first. That means that it's somehow related to the sparkling vampire, Edward Cullen! I... must... kill!
  • Killed the worst character ever created, and just kept on walking. As I destroyed it, I think I saw some respect in Totodile's eyes. This proves that everything, be it human or Pokémon, hates Twilight. No exceptions.
  • Finally arrived at Mr. Pokémon's house. Seriously, there's no way that this guy's real name is Pokémon. No-freaking-way. He's named after an entire race of suped-up killing machines? Okay then. Just call me Gold Skynet while you're at it, you pretentious ass.
  • Mr. Pretentious gives me an Egg, that supposedly, has a Pokémon in it. So all Pokémon come from Eggs, huh? Explain Mewtwo then, know-it-all. Then, to top it off, the old guy forces me to rest at his house. Can you freaking believe it? I'm turning this Egg into an omelet the next chance I get.
  • Prof. Oak tells me that... wait. Wait, wait, wait. Hold on a damn second. Prof. Oak? That's two damn Prof. that I've met in just one day. How many of you are there? And why the hell are you in Johto? Isn't the Magnet Train broken?
  • Anyways, Prof. Oak gives me a Pokédex. I wonder if I can get WiFi service on this thing. Why didn't he just create a PokéGear Card that has all the data for the PokéDex and give that to me instead? People really don't think things through, do they? Then, this old Prof. orders me to go out and meet new Pokémon. Are you kidding? I've met five of them so far, one of which is a vicious killer, two of them are pigeons, and two are mutated members of the rat family. And you want me to go and see more of them? Right before he leaves, he demands my phone number. You know, it just seems like I should stop giving out my number to suspected pedophiles.
  • Prof. Elm calls me. Apparently, there's a problem at the Lab. Maybe the FBI finally found his hard-drive of CP, and he needs me to bail him out? Nah, I'm not that lucky.
  • On the way back, Totodile Leveled-Up and learned Rage. Wait... so Totodile didn't already know Rage? He was just that pissed off normally?! Oh crap...
  • Well, well, well. If it isn't the rude, redheaded kid. What the hell do you want? Did you just call me a wimp? My Pokémon kills things. What does yours do, other than play with the stupid leaf on its skull? And why the hell did your parents name you Passerby Boy? Do they seriously hate you that much? Judging by how much of a prick you are, I'd have to say yes.
  • I then proceeded to beat Passerby Boy like the redheaded stepchild that he really is. Serves him right for calling me a wimp. He asks me if I want to know who he is, then he doesn't even give me enough time to answer 'I don't give a crap'. Seriously, it's rude to ask questions, and then answer them without letting the other person talk. But I guess that's why your father abandoned you (SPOILER... wait... maybe that should have gone before the spoiler... crap).
  • Also, before he left, I robbed his punk-ass. Stole his trainer card, and saw his name. Apparently, his parents weren't cruel enough to name him Passerby Boy, instead choosing to name him Silver. And I'm Gold. And the last Pokémon League Champion was Red, while the Viridian City Gym Leader is Blue. What the hell are our parents smoking when they decided to name us after colors? Are all our parents hippies or something?
  • I can finally steal from trees! Take that, Nature! Man triumphs once again! Apparently, you can't rob the same tree twice in one day. I'll be back tomorrow, mother****er. Made it back to New Bark Town, and entered the Pokémon Lab.
  • Holy crap, it's a cop! Did Elm really get busted for CP? Nope, as usual, the cops try to arrest me cause I'm black. Not-Crys steps in and yells at the cop, saying how Silver was the real culprit, or something. The cop asks me for a name, and if Silver wasn't such a prick earlier, I wouldn't have said anything. Unfortunately, that isn't the case. Good luck with the Party Van coming after you, Silver.
  • After the 5-0 leave, I show Elm the Egg. He was freaking out badly. You'd swear he'd never seen an Egg before. Then he tells me he knew I was different, and that things are going to get fun. Needless to say, I quickly got the hell out of that Lab, and left New Bark Town. Stupid damn pedophile professors.
  • As soon as I leave town, Lyra hands me my balls, and teaches me how to catch monsters... like it's that freaking hard. You hit them, they get weak, then you take out your balls and throw them at the monster. Once again, I'm not an idiot. After giving me back my balls, Lyra leaves to god-knows-where. Good riddance. That Marill was about to get the ass-kicking of a lifetime after the stunt it pulled earlier.
Current Team

Name: Totodile
Type: Water
Attacks: Scratch/Leer/Water Gun/Rage
Level: 9

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 19th, 2010 (12:00 PM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

EDIT

Went from Violet City To Azalea With Wooper , did the slowpoke well event and then went back to the slowpoke well to get myself a Slowpoke. Defeated Bugsy , he was pretty hard , only because of his scyther... but slowpoke + Yawn + Curse Abuse Pwned him .Defeated Kratos ( My rival ) using quagsire to pwn out his gastly then pwnd his zubat with yawn + curse hax , and then killed his Quilava with slowpoke's hack :D he's too powerfull lol( 2HKO with Tackle... :p ).

CURRENT TEAM :

Slowpoke Level 12

Quagsire Level 21
Old April 20th, 2010 (03:34 AM). Edited April 20th, 2010 by Arcelio.
This was a triumph.

Here's Day Three of my Pokemon HG/SS Mono-type Challenge, now with 100% more Userbar!

• Boot up no$gba and began my Challenge where I left off, on Route 29.
  • Found a Sentret and, instead of having Totodile kill it, I captured it with a PokéBall. That means Totodile is leaving the team soon (thank God). Sentret is glaring at me, even though I basically stole its freedom. How strange. Just for that, you're walking next to me, Sentret. I nicknamed him Ms. Ferret, because of his evolution.
  • Found another Sentret, but I didn't like this one, so I had Totodile kill it. Sucks to be him, I guess.
  • Went up to Route 46, in search of Teddiursa.
  • Found yet another pigeon. Only difference is, this one's wings seem to be red. I caught it anyways, along with a Ratatta, just to say I did. Spearow, I will be using though, mostly due to Pidgey sucking badly. Ratatta sucks too, compared to Sentret, so don't expect to see Ratatta battling with me. Nicknamed Spearow 'Rage Bird', because he always looks pissed off at everything.
  • I have yet to find the bear I'm looking for, and I'm getting pissed off...
  • Became ENRAGED when I learned that you can only catch Teddiursa either near the end of the game, or by going through Dark Cave. I had Totodile slaughter everything that was on Route 46. Stupid damn Google said I could catch a Teddiursa on Route 46...
  • Started training Spearow, which basically consisted of me sending him out, then switching with Totodile, and netting free EXP.
  • Left Route 46, still pissed off that I was denied my Teddiursa. The reason I picked the Normal-type for this Challenge in the first damn place was because I thought I could get a Teddiursa early, then take it through the entire game. I was lied to.
  • Made it to Cherrygrove City without being attacked by Wild Pokémon, because at this point, they know better than to try.
  • Went to the PokéCenter, accessed the Computer, and dropped Totodile and Ratatta in there for good. Sorry, but this is Normal-types only, Totodile. And Ratatta... go die in a fire. You suck.
  • Logged off the computer and... HOLY ****! GLITCH, GLITCH, MOTHER****ING GLITCH! Everyone's body is completely gone! What the ****!? I gotta get the hell out of this place!
  • Got the hell out of that place.
  • Whew, I'm back to normal. Thank you, Jesus. You saved me back there, from the people with no bodies, and for that, I thank you.
  • Went north to Route 30, and got swarmed by Wild Pokémon after they realized my killing machine was dropped off in the PC. Time to introduce them to Spearow then.
  • That poor Weedle never had a snowball's chance in hell.
  • Neither did that Kakuna.
  • I encountered a Wild Pidgey. Sadly, it was not a Shiny Pidgey, so it had to be eliminated to draw out the Shiny Pidgey.
  • You know, this is one thing that bothers me. Why is it that Weedle don't have the ability 'Poison Point'? I mean, you can see the freaking poisonous barb on its skull, can't you? Also, why doesn't Sentret get the 'Pickup' ability? Pokémon is ****ing confusing, I'll tell you that much.
  • Fought Youngster Joey, and the little prick took my PokéGear Number. Just great. Now I get to look forward to great calls such as 'My Ratatta killed a Pidgey', or 'My Ratatta is so strong', or whatever else the ******* has on his mind. Note to self: every time Youngster Joey calls for a rematch, accept. Then, methodically murder his Ratatta to teach him to shut his damn mouth. I should have told him no, but I couldn't for some reason. Maybe I'm too nice?
  • Sent some Prize Money back to Mom, because Gold is a good boy!
  • Okay, I'm still pretty pissed off at the lack of Teddiursa in my party, so I'm calling it quits for today. Tomorrow, Violet City and Sprout Tower will be taken by storm!
Current Team

Name: Rage Bird/Spearow
Type: Normal/Flying
Attacks: Peck/Growl/Leer
Level: 7

Name
: Ms. Ferret/Sentret
Type: Normal
Attacks: Tackle/Growl/Defense Curl/Quick Attack
Level: 7

Future Team Thoughts: Well, as soon as I can, I've gotta catch a Bellsprout. It can, if I remember correctly, Cut and Flash, which is exactly what I need to get through Dark Cave. Rock Smash can be taught to Totodile (which will also be my Surf/Whirlpool/Waterfall HM SLAVE). Fly, I can teach to my Spearow (which should be a Fearow around the time I get to the Fly HM), and Strength I can teach to Sentret (which would be a Furret at that point), to give it a hard hitting Normal-type attack. That takes care of all seven HMs, and one TM. The next Pokemon I'll be catching is an Aipom, which I can get on Route 46 (SOUTH, unlike Teddiursa), and then a Tauros and Miltank, followed by Teddiursa. If I can't find a Miltank, I'll settle for a Snubble. Doing the Normal-type Challenge is freakin' difficult. I have to rely on Furret, Fearow, and Ambipom (all of them should have evolved by then) until I get to Ecruteak, and then I have to go catch a Tauros and Miltank/Snubbull. Normal-types get a lot of TMs, but they're so freaking far away from each other. Troublesome...

Edit: Okay, after looking over the GameFaqs FAQ, I found out that Meowth can be caught on Route 38/39, and that Snubbull has a 1% chance of showing up without a Swarm going on. Actually, maybe I'll just say no to both of them and get my free Eevee from Bill. I mean, Eevee's stats aren't terrible, and it does get Bite, which would help with Morty... Togepi is another option, and a rather good one. If I can get my hands on a Dawn Stone early on, Togekiss could easily become my main Pokemon. Looks like this Sixth Slot is completely up for grabs. I suppose I can train all of them, and then just change the slot whenever I get bored of with a Pokemon. It's always good to have backups, right?

Edit #2: I just found out that the only way I can get a Dawn Stone is through either Mt. Silver or the Pokeathalon. FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---

Current Challenges

Song of the Week

Old April 20th, 2010 (09:58 AM).

I've been doin' a Bug monotype challenge since I got HeartGold. I beat the E4 and have since decided to start a new party fresh for kanto. I'm up to the 8th gym in Kanto.

=D

My bug team consisted of:
55 Yanmega
55 Scyther
55 Butterfree
51 Forretress
53 Parasect
52 Ariados

My new team is:
42 Rhydon
50 Magneton
42 Arcanine
41 Exeggcute
22 Noctowl
37 Kingdra

Meh, lulz. Can't wait to beat Red so I can start over and do a normal run. Yay Raticate!
Old April 20th, 2010 (12:54 PM).
<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3

UPDATE

So , I Made My way to Goldenrod defeating every trainer I could . Answered a quizz to get myself the radio x) . I then cleaned up Whitney's gym , pretty easily . Started the fight with whitney telling myself : *Omg , i've heard she's hard , what's my level 24 Quagsire and my 22 slowpoke gonna do ? Then the battle starts. She throws out clefairy . I'm like okay... what... wait'a'minute ! I put clefairy to sleep. I do 5 Curses. When it wakes up , I kill it . Then comes Miltank and i'm like Oh boy , here's the BAWSS. Then guess what? Slowpoke is Oblivious so she couldn't attract Him and her stomp attack? It did 4 damage LAWLS so i just 2 Hit KOed her miltank with heabutt . yeah... a 3 minute battle I think... x). Then I went all the way to Olivine without encountering a trainer , got my hands on a good rod and fished a Poliwag .I did the Burnt tower event and i'm currently off to challenge Morty's Gym !

TEAM

Slowpoke Level 25

Quagsire Level 25

Poliwag Level 22
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links