Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Complete Beta!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 12th, 2014 (12:16 PM). Edited February 18th, 2015 by Rosile.

Nature: Timid

Pokémon Gray Topaz

Rated T for swearing, violence, and mentions of death.

DOWNLOAD HERE
Alternate Link
(Warning: Large file. Not recommended on older computers.)

Tools:

RPG Maker XP
Pokémon Essentials v13
Ultimate BW Pack

Introduction:
This is the first time I've ever made a game. I've been working on it by myself since March 2014. I just wanted to make a Dark gym. OTL

Plot:
Your mom left the family to go be part of the Elite Four, and it caused you to seclude yourself in your room for some time. Your dad gets tired of you bumming around, so he kicks you out to force you to go on an adventure. That's it. That's the story. Also something about an evil organization, but you already knew that.

If that's not enough to convince you, here's a quote from one of the testers:

Quote originally posted by rhand18:
Hey everyone, I'm the previously mentioned first tester. A few things I feel need to be addressed. For one, let me assure you the story is great. If you've been looking for a darker, grittier, more intense Pokémon experience then you've found your game here. It's still a Pokémon game though so don't expect anything too dark and there are still PLENTY of lighthearted humorous moments thrown in. Can't say very much about it without giving too much away, you'll just have to trust me and play it for yourself, it's worth it.

Second point, this game ain't easy. You will need a full, at least decently well prepared team by the time you reach the second gym and onward. Some of the main story battles late in the game will see you against true competitive style teams that will use competition style tactics.

Third, this is a full length game with an approximately 20 hour main story (well that's how long the first test run took anyway), a full complement of story driven side quests, post game content to be added at a later date, And tons of hidden items and easter eggs for you to find. Talk to as many people in towns as you can and make sure you search every area completely because most of them actually have very worthwhile content and/or items. So have fun and enjoy. The entire game was made by one person and so far I've been the only tester. So don't be surprised if everything isn't perfect and feedback is most certainly welcomed as long as it's constructive. So stop reading this and start playing lol, I think most of you will really enjoy it .
Features:
Three genders for you to pick out! Male, Female, or whatever you want!
Two different rivals for you to beat up! Their genders are the ones you didn't pick!
Fifteen starters to choose from! All of the ones from Red/Blue to Black/White.
•If you do the math for the above, that means there's thirty variations for one rival battle. Wow!
•All 649 Pokémon up to Black/White are available to catch!
•Original characters! Who knows what the next gym leader will look/act like!
•An evil organization whose goal isn't to take over the world! (They're just poké-racists.)

•A high difficulty against important trainers! Can't sweep with your starter in this one, kids.
•Fancy graphics! (Or as nice as I could get them to be, aha)
•Side quests! Gotta earn those Legendaries somehow!
•Post-game content!

Progress:
100% complete! Go wild!
While I wish I could integrate it into v.14, I've decided to keep it as it is. I don't have the time to put so much effort into something so minor.

Either way, let me know if you encounter any serious bugs/issues and I'll certainly work on those. The game crashing after very long periods of playing is normal, unfortunately. It's the cost of using an outdated version of RPG maker, so you'll have to save often. Sorry for the inconvienience, but I hope you'll be able to enjoy it regardless!

Light Version (Without Graphic/Audio files) - Updated as of 11/6/14 (Alternate link)
Hard Edition (Without Graphic/Audio files) - Pre-Nerfed Spurge + Elite Four to compare/contrast (Alternate link)
Note: You need to have already downloaded the original before you can use the above links.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

They know what's up.

Hey, look! They're not in Pokéballs!

First gym town. Can you guess what type?

An attempt to make the battle screen a little nicer looking.

Credits:
Exterior Graphics
Interior Graphics came from an RPG Maker tileset that included graphics from Kyle-Dove and Newtiteuf. However, I can't find it again. If anyone finds it let me know so I can credit this properly. So sorry. OTL
Overworld Sprites
Other Graphics were taken from The Spriter's Resource.
Enterbrain for RPG Maker
Maruno and co. for Pokémon Essentials
Old September 18th, 2014 (11:46 AM). Edited November 13th, 2014 by Rosile.

Walkthrough

Part 1
Spoiler:
The game starts off with three gender options: Boy, Girl, or ???. The third option is more-or-less a non-binary option for those that don't wish to stick strictly to the other two. I suggest not taking it too seriously and just pick what makes you comfortable. Anyway, once you've decided your name, it's time to start your adventure!

Moirai

Items:
Potion x1
Running Shoes (Talk to Dad after getting your Starter)
Pokédex & Pokégear (Professor Juniper gives these to you after picking your Starter)
Pokéball x5 (Same as above)
TM54 (After seeing 50+ Pokémon)
TM17 (After seeing 100+ Pokémon)
TM10 (After seeing 200+ Pokémon)
Oval Charm (After seeing 500+ Pokémon)
Shiny Charm (After seeing all 649 Pokémon - The hardest of all!) (Remember: You simply have to SEE the Pokémon, not own it.)

After the initial cutscenes in your house, you'll get to meet your rivals for the first time. Basically they're whatever options you didn't pick. Grab the Potion, talk to the townsfolk if you want, then head inside the Lab to officially meet Professor Juniper. She'll step out of the way, and you can finally grab your starter! They're all just sitting around, minding their own business, so you only need to walk up to them to pick them out. Taking purely types into consideration and nothing else, Fire types have it the easiest early in the game, but will have trouble against the Elite Four (even more so if they're also Fighting). Water types will have some trouble with the first gym, but should be alright after that. Grass types will have the hardest time for most of the game (half the gyms are its weakness for one thing), but will have a major advantage against the Elite Four. Really it's up to you. Also the comments about being good at a certain stat are merely there to point out its strengths, and doesn't take things like movesets into consideration.

(An important thing to note: Once you have all eight badges, you can come back to catch the other Starters. However, they don't respawn, so save!)

Now that you have your Starter, you can go fight your rivals! You have to beat both of them to continue, but you'll be healed after the battle with Alex, so you should be alright.

Alex
Starter (Type weakness) - Lv. 5

Emil
Starter (Type advantage) - Lv. 5

Pretty standard. Alex will have a Pokémon one generation after yours, while Emil will have the generation following that. So for example, if you picked Bulbasaur, Alex will have Totodile, and Emil will have Torchic. Obviously, it loops back around for later generations. So for example, if you picked Oshawott, Alex will have Charmander, and Emil will have Chikorita. If that sounds complicated, imagine coding all of that, including the alternate genders.

You can heal at home by talking to your Dad. Other than that, you can head on down to the next section.

Route 650

Pokémon:
Lv. 3-5
Bidoof - 40%*
Kricketot - 20%*
Purrloin - 20%
*Switch at night

Items:
Potion x1

Trainers:
Lass Katie - Purrloin Lv. 4
Youngster Tom* - Bidoof Lv. 5
*Get number after beating

I don't think I have to tell you what to do here. If you're going to catch anything, I strongly suggest getting a Kricketot and leveling it up until it knows Bug Bite. It will make the next part MUCH easier, trust me.

Aisa

Items:
Antidote x1
Great Ball x1 (Talk to Gulpin Boy)
Oran Berry x1 (Talk to Old Man inside)

First towns aren't meant to be extraordinary, are they? Well, who cares. Grab your items and head east. You can't head west right now due to an eccentric scientist.

(If you stop by the Pokémon Center, you'll notice it's two floors. The top floor is a Mart that adds more items based on how many badges you have, including TMs. Be sure to check back often!)

Route 657

Pokémon:
Lv. 4-6
Taillow - 25%
Surskit - 25%
Sentret - 15%
Shinx - 15%
Nidoran♂ - 10%
Nidoran♀ - 10%

Items:
Exp. Share (Beat Mystery Trainer)

There's plenty more to this area that's cut off by the water, but we'll get to that when the time comes. Get your Starter up to Lv. 8 if it isn't already, then talk to the guy with the Absol.

Mystery Trainer ???
Absol - Lv. 8

This isn't your ordinary Lv. 8 Absol. It has Pursuit, a STAB move. Hopefully your Starter has one too by now. If you took any of my advice this battle shouldn't be impossible, and there's always the option of simply beating it with numbers. It's seriously not as hard as it looks. On the bright side, you get an Exp. Share as an apology.

The scientist will be gone after winning this battle, which means we can move on.

Route 651

Pokémon:
Lv. 5-7
Rattata - 25%*
Hoppip - 25%
Poochyena - 15%
Pikachu - 15%
Abra - 10%
Hoothoot - 10%*
*Switch at night

Items:
Aspear Berries x2
Parlyz Heal x1
Potion x1
Sam's Letter - Key Item (Interact with Pidgey)
Super Potion (Requires Cut)
Rare Candy (Requires Strength)

Trainers:
Lass Anna - Lv. 7 Taillow
Youngster Jim - Lv. 6 Surskit, Lv. 6 Hoothoot
Lass Sarah* - Lv. 6 Sentret, Lv. 6 Nidoran♂
*Get number after beating

Player rematches involve fighting the Pokémon around 10 levels higher than when initially fought, fyi. They will also be evolved, if possible. It's good for grinding and whatnot. Anyway, be sure to get everything you can in this area, ESPECIALLY Sam's Letter. It's a very important item for a side quest, and you'll miss out on catching Pokémon if you don't do it.

Mischief Forest

Pokémon:
Lv. 6-8
Caterpie - 20%
Weedle - 20%
Wurmple - 20%
Petilil - 15%
Cottonee - 15%
Misdreavus - 10%

Items:
Tiny Mushroom x1
XAttack x1
Potion x1
TM05 (Requires Cut)
HM01 (Get from Blonde)

Trainers:
Grunt x2 - Lv. 8 Poochyena

Here's an introduction to this game's baddies! Walk up to the couple for a scene, then you'll get into a battle.

Aedus
Pineco - Lv. 10
Voltorb - Lv. 10
Seedot - Lv. 10

They all either know Self-Destruct or Explosion. I hope you weren't planning to do a Nuzlocke! If you've been training your Pokémon, you should be fine, and if you're lucky he'll let himself lose. Continue on, collect items, battle the grunt, and soon enough you'll find yourself near the end. However, you'll have to get through one more trainer first.

(The strange rock near the TM is the Moss Rock, so come back later if you want a Leafeon.)

Leona
Meowth - Lv. 10
Purrloin - Lv. 10
Shinx - Lv. 10

No gimmicks here, aside from the feline theme. Beat her like you did with Aedus, and you'll have cleared the area! The blonde will give her thanks and reward you with an HM, revealing her true identity in the process. Onward!

Route 652

Pokémon:
Lv. 8-10
Lotad - 25%
Lillipup - 25%
Starly - 15%
Riolu - 15%
Wooper - 10%
Ekans - 10%

Items:
Pokéball x1 (Hidden)
Repel x1 (Hidden)
Potion x1
Dire Hit x1 (Hiding to the right of the cut-able tree)
Full Heal + Zinc (Require Surf)
Old Rod (Talk to the Fisherman inside the shack)
Pearl (Show the other Fisherman a Goldeen)
Stardust (Show the other Fisherman a Horsea)
Big Pearl + Hojot Ticket (Show the other Fisherman a Dratini)

Trainers:
School Kid Edgar - Lv. 8 Kakuna, Lv. 8 Pikachu
School Kid Gina - Lv. 8 Metapod, Lv. 8 Riolu
Fisherman Mick* - Lv. 5 Magikarp x3
*Get number

Seems there's a lot to do here. You'll notice a few things the moment you enter. First is the blank patches in the grass on the right. The hidden items are there. You have to be standing on top of a hidden item to pick it up. Second is the small trees on the left. If you have a Pokémon with Headbutt, you can use it on them to shake out Pokémon. Since I doubt you have one at this point, we'll save that for a later section. The Fisherman on the right inside the shack is your first sidequest in the game. If you want to catch'em all, you have to do it. Fishing Pokémon are separated into two categories: Calm water and moving water. Same goes for surfing. It's always the same no matter where you are.

Fishing Pokémon are as follows:

Moving water
Old rod = Magikarp (70%), Goldeen (30%)
Good rod = Basculin (60%), Poliwag (20%), Horsea (20%)
Super rod = Barboach (40%), Finneon (40%), Stunfisk (15%), Dratini (5%)

Calm water
Old rod = Luvdisc (70%), Qwilfish (30%)
Good rod = Krabby (60%), Psyduck (20%), Tympole (20%)
Super rod = Carvanha (40%), Chinchou (40%), Staryu (15%), Dratini (5%)

As you can see, despite being the only Pokémon in the entire game to have a less than 10% chance encounter, fishing in either waters is fine in order to catch it. You won't get the Super rod until the 6th gym, so there's no need to rush.

Charites

Items:
Great Ball x1
XSpeed x1
Leaf Stone (Talk to the guy to the northwest)
Rare Candy + Max Ether (Require Surf)
Chesto Berry (Talk to little boy inside)

Pokémon:
Clamperl x2 (Trade a Nidorino + Nidorina with the Preschoolers)

The Clamperls will evolve into a Naive Huntail and a Modest Gorebyss after traded. Talking to NPCs might be helpful, you know. Once you've gotten everything you can, it's finally time to get your first badge!

First Gym

Items:
Soda Pop (Talk to the guy next to the entrance)

Trainers:
School Kid Rosie - Lv. 10 Hoppip
Youngster Oliver - Lv. 10 Cottonee

Gym Leader - Flora
Liligant - Own Tempo - Oran Berry - Lvl 14
•Growth
•Leech Seed
•Sleep Powder
•Mega Drain
Roserade - Natural Cure - Oran Berry - Lvl 15
•Sleep Powder
•Poison Sting
•Grass Knot
•Mega Drain
Obtain TM86 - Grass Knot

That Chesto Berry might save your life. As long as you attack with their weaknesses and stay awake, you'll have a badge in no time.

Part 2
Spoiler:
Route 653

Pokémon:
Lv. 9-11
Pidgey - 25%
Mareep - 25%
Budew - 15%
Nincada - 15%
Slakoth - 10%
Ralts - 10%

Items:
Oran Berries x2
Awakening x1
Heal Ball x1
Ultra Ball x1 (Requires Cut)
Big Mushroom x1 (Hidden in flowers)
Potion x1 (Hidden in flowers)

Trainers:
School Kid Neil* - Mareep Lv. 10, Starly Lv. 10
Lass Molly - Beautifly Lv. 10, Petilil Lv. 10
Pokémon Breeder April - Lillipup Lv. 11
Pokémon Breeder Owen - Cascoon Lv. 9, Lotad Lv. 10, Ekans Lv. 10

Remember that letter I told you to get earlier? This is where you'll be delivering it. So enter the fancy house, head upstairs, and talk to the rich girl. She'll give you another letter and ask you to deliver it to her lover. Shouldn't be hard, right? We won't have to worry about this quest for a while. With that taken care of, you can go challenge Emil again!

Emil
Nidorina/Nidorino (Depends on what gender you chose) - Lv. 16
Starter - Lv. 16

All but five starters are evolved at this point, so this battle with either be pretty easy or a little tough depending on what you chose. But come on, you just fought Flora. You can do this.

Pebble Cave

Pokémon:
Lv. 10-12
Zubat - 25%
Geodude - 25%
Vulpix - 15%
Roggenrola - 15%
Clefairy - 10%
Beldum - 10%

Items:
TM46
Escape Rope x1 (Check rock)
Moonstone x1 (Check rock)
Full Heal x1 (Requires Surf)
HPUP x1 (Check rock next to Full Heal)
Elixir x1 (Requires Surf)

Trainers:
Male Grunt - Poochyena Lv. 12, Zubat Lv. 12
Female Grunt x2 - Purrloin Lv. 12, Zubat Lv. 12

Once you get surf you can check out the other half of this cave, but for now we'll move on. At the end of the tunnel you'll notice something odd going on. Huh, guess you didn't have to go through the trouble after all. Next!

Route 654

Pokémon:
Lv. 12-14
Spearow - 25%
Zigzagoon - 25%
Whismur - 15%
Sewaddle - 15%
Houndour - 10%
Makuhita - 10%

Items:
Great Ball x1
Super Potion x1
Antidote x1
Ether x1 (Behind the tree behind Kenny)
Nehoh Ticket (Get from scientist)

Trainers:
Nurse Dixie - Audino Lv. 14
Blackbelt Jay - Makuhita Lv. 14
Youngster Kenny - Clefairy Lv. 14, Dustox Lv. 14
School Kid Rita* - Budew Lv. 14, Wooper Lv. 14
Youngster Pedro - Spearow Lv. 14, Zigzagoon Lv. 14
*Get number

Use the nurse to heal up after you beat her. You'll notice a scientist standing next to a rock in the northeast. This is another quest. Basically all you have to do is take her Makuhita, love it enough to be purified by the rock, then show it to her once it's back to normal. Draining its shadow bar is as easy as walking around with it and maybe sending out once or twice.

Hephaestus

Items:
Revive x1
Fresh Water x1 (Talk to girl northeast)
Ultra Ball x1 (Check behind trees northwest)
Miracle Seed/Charcoal/Mystic Water (Talk to the girl in the house below Revive)

Pokémon:
Eevee (Talk to scientist upstairs in the house northwest)

I'm pretty sure this isn't safe. But hey, it's snowing! ...I think? Better not to question it. The house to the southeast is home to the fossil reviver. Drop off a fossil, leave, come back in, get new Pokémon. Easy! What won't be so easy is the next gym. Before that, rival time!

Alex
Ralts - Lv. 14
Pidgeotto - Lv. 16
Starter - Lv. 18

The starters will definitely be evolved by this point, so keep that in mind.

Second Gym

Trainers:
School Kid Edan - Vulpix Lv. 15, Houndour Lv. 15
School Kid Delia - Growlithe Lv. 16
School Kid Flint - Pansear Lv. 15, Magby Lv. 15, Vulpix Lv. 15

There's two ways to open the doors. Method one: Answer the quiz on the left correctly. Method two: Fight the trainer on the right. This skips the quiz entirely. If you get the quiz wrong, you have to fight the trainer anyway. However, this means you're now required to get the quiz right to proceed. If you get the quiz right, you still have the option of fighting the trainer if you haven't already.

Gym Leader - Dr. Volkan
Ninetales - Drought - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 18
•Confuse Ray
•Ember
•Quick Attack
•Overheat
Simisear - Gluttony - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 20
•Yawn
•Flame Burst
•Bite
•Overheat
Arcanine - Intimidate - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 22
•Roar
•Ember
•Thunder fang
•Overheat
Obtain TM50 - Overheat

Ninetales's Drought will hinder water types, so watch for that. Did you catch a Geodude/Roggenrola? I've found they're very helpful here, even at like level 14. Also this is a great time to make that new Eevee useful. Overheat means your Grass starter will have to bench this one, but everyone else in their level range can take a hit or two. What I'm trying to get at is it's only hard if you're not prepared.

Part 3
Spoiler:
Route 655

Pokémon:
Lv. 14-16
Patrat - 25%
Pidove - 25%
Oddish - 15%
Bellsprout - 15%
Sawk - 10%
Throh - 10%

Items:
Burn Heal x1
Net Ball x1
Smoke Ball x1
Super Potion x1
TM45
Pokémon Egg (Talk to man inside Daycare)
Everstone (Show Pokémon after it hatches)
Lucky Egg (Show Pokémon after it fully evolves)

Trainers:
Battle Girl Lee - Sawk Lv. 16, Throh Lv. 16
Pokémon Breeder Galen* - Sewaddle Lv. 16, Patrat Lv. 16, Bibarel Lv. 16
Pokémon Breeder Brooke* - Misdreavus Lv. 16, Luxio Lv. 16, Oddish Lv. 16
Lass Serena - Kricketune Lv. 16, Furret Lv. 16, Ekans Lv. 16
Lass Isabel - Nincada Lv. 16, Pidove Lv. 16, Geodude Lv. 16
Youngster Wes - Zigzagoon Lv. 15, Riolu Lv. 16, Beedrill Lv. 16, Beldum Lv. 16
Youngster Cody - Whismer Lv. 16, Bellsprout Lv. 17
*Get number

Holy trainer battles, batman! Looks like you've got some work to do. Free up a slot and get that Pokémon Egg for a Timid Togepi. I say throw an Exp. Share on it when grinding, since it might prove to be a great addition to your team. Once you've gotten through the marathon of trainers, you'll run into mystery man again. Oh boy.

Mystery Trainer ???

Stunky - Lv. 20
Absol - Lv 22

Not tricks here, so he should be easier than the first time you fought him. You'll get a Macho Brace for the trouble.

Keres

Items:
Pecha Berries x2 (Talk to nurse in Pokémon Center)
Antidote x1
Super Potion x1
Miracle Seed (Hidden behind tree all the way southwest)
TM44 (Talk to man inside second eastmost house)
TM49 (Talk to girl in house below gym)
TM84 (Requires Strength)
Good Rod (Talk to fisherman in the eastmost house - Requires Old Rod)
Quick Claw (Talk to hiker in route gate)

Sure is wet around here. Too bad you can't go past the guards until you get your third badge. If I haven't made it obvious enough, you're going to need stuff that cures poison for the next gym.

Third Gym

Trainers:
School Kid Calla - Nidorina Lv. 16, Zubat Lv. 16
School Kid Scotch - Nidorino Lv. 16, Ekans Lv. 16, Oddish Lv. 16
Fisherman Larkspur - Qwilfish Lv. 17

You have to find switches in stumps to create a bridge. Third one will take you to the gym leader. (Parenthesis is hard mode.)

Gym Leader - Spurge
Qwilfish - Swift Swim (Poison Point) - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 24
•Water Gun
•Toxic Spikes
•Rain Dance (Minimize)
•Venoshock
Crobat - Inner Focus - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 24
•Bite
•Quick Attack (Wing Attack)
•Confuse Ray
•Venoshock
Nidoking - Poison Point - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 25
•Focus Energy
•Horn Attack
•Double Kick
•Venoshock
Obtain TM09 - Venoshock

Remember: Venoshock doubles if you're poisoned. Putting those Pecha Berries on your best mon will save you a lot of trouble.

Part 4
Spoiler:
Now that the guards are gone, you can go through the gate. But what's this?! A surprise rival battle!

Alex
Eevee - Lv. 20
Kirila - Lv. 22
Pidgeotto - Lv. 22
Starter - Lv. 24

Damn, not even as strong as the gym leader. On the bright side, you have Strength now! After this battle you're not gonna see Alex for a while. Oh well. Next!

Panpan Forest

Pokémon:
Lv. 15-17
Pansage - 20%
Pansear - 20%
Panpour - 20%
Venipede - 15%
Murkrow - 15%
Drifloon - 10%

Items:
Ether x1
Cheri Berries x2
Ultra Ball x1
X Accuracy x1
Burn Heal x1
Balm Mushroom x1 (Hidden in mushrooms)
Hyper Potion x1 (Requires Cut)
TM22 (Requires Cut - Hiding behind trees)
TM52 (Requires Surf)
Silk Scarf (Requires Surf)

Trainers:
Pokémon Ranger Lewis - Patrat Lv. 18, Houndour Lv. 18
Pokémon Ranger Veronica - Houndour Lv. 18, Zubat Lv. 18
Male Grunt x2 - Poochyena Lv. 17, Murkrow Lv. 18
Female Grunt x2 - Purrloin Lv. 18, Murkrow Lv. 18
Female Grunt - Purrloin Lv. 17, Shinx Lv. 17, Skitty Lv. 18

This forest is bountiful with items. Go collect what you can while battling grunts along the way, and you'll run into an interesting scene that leads to a battle.

Leona
Skitty - Lv. 20
Liepard - Lv. 22
Luxio - Lv. 22
Persian - Lv. 28

That's quite a level jump! It doesn't have anything special other than that, so just beat it senseless. You'll be rewarded with HM03.

Route 656

Pokémon:
Lv. 16-18
Growlithe - 25%
Skitty - 25%
Minccino - 15%
Shroomish - 15%
Drowzee - 10%
Electrike - 10%

Items:
Ultra Ball x1
Parlyz Heal x1
Heal Ball x1
TM41
Ether x1 (Hidden in flowers)
Blackglasses (Talk to guy in route gate)

Trainers:
Doctor Jules - Audino Lv. 18
Nursery Aide Hollie - Rattata Lv. 17, Electrike Lv. 17, Pansage Lv. 17, Pikachu Lv. 18
Preschooler Greg - Pansear Lv. 18
Preschooler Eva - Panpour Lv. 18
Twins Ally & Amy - Cottonee Lv. 18, Petilil Lv. 18
Pokémon Ranger Eliza* - Marill Lv. 17, Growlithe Lv. 18
Pokémon Ranger Keith - Minccino Lv. 18, Drowzee Lv. 18
*Get number

Heal with the good doctor after you beat him. You can do a double battle with the twins if you want. Going west takes you to town, but we're going to take a detour south first.

Berry Farm

Items:
A ton of berries

Beat up the grunt and you'll be free to pillage the farm. Talk to the lady inside and she'll give you a different berry depending on the day of the week. Her husband will also give you berries as thanks. Berries!

Meliae

Items:
Super Repel x1
X Defend x1
Silver Powder
Rare Candy (Talk to girl in Poké Center)
Sun Stone (Talk to old man walking outside)

Pokémon:
Karrablast/Shelmet (Trade with twins)
Lapras (Talk to the old man in the southern house)

To the northwest is the Natural Park, where you can enter the Bug Contest on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. First place is a random evolution stone.

Natural Park Pokémon:
Lv. 10-20
Karrablast - 25%
Shelmet - 25%
Venonat - 15%
Heracross - 15%
Scyther - 10%
Pinsir - 10%

Say, is that your rival in front of the gym? You know what that means!

Emil
Pansage/Pansear/Panpour (Same type as your Starter) - Lv. 22
Eevee - Lv. 24
Nidorina/Nidorino - Lv. 24
Starter - Lv. 26

Wow, the team has doubled! This is also the last time you'll be fighting this rival for a while. Remember to stock up on potions and revives!

Fourth Gym

Trainers:
Lass Lisa - Butterfree Lv. 18, Dustox Lv. 20
Youngster Bud - Spinarak Lv. 18, Beautifly Lv. 18, Kricktune Lv. 18
Pokémon Breeder Milinda - Swadloon Lv. 22

Gym Leader - Debbie
Accelgor - Unburden - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 26
•Double Team
•Struggle Bug
•Mega Drain
•U-turn
Heracross - Guts - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 26
•Night Slash
•Bug Bite
•Brick Break
•U-turn
Scizor - Technician - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 28
•Bullet Punch
•Quick Attack
•Pursuit
•U-turn
Obtain TM89 - U-turn

Fast hit-and-runs are to be expected. Hope you can keep up!

Part 5
Spoiler:
Route 657

Items:
Revive x1
Ultra Ball x1
Super Potion x1
Calcium x1
TM19
TM67 (Requires Cut)
PPUP (Requires Surf - Hiding south)

Trainers:
Cyclist Krissa - Aipom Lv. 18, Ledian Lv. 18
Cyclist Hector - Combee Lv. 18, Cherubi Lv. 18
Lady Sophie - Flaaffy Lv. 20
Richboy Brad - Watchog Lv. 20
Pokémon Ranger Anja - Pineco Lv. 18, Clefable Lv. 18, Roselia Lv. 18, Bibarel Lv. 18
Pokémon Ranger Steve* - Venipede Lv. 18, Drifloon Lv. 20
*Get number

Alright, we've come full circle. Since this area is primary meant for headbutting, I'll leave the list here.

Headbutt Pokémon:
Lv. 10-15
(Low)
Ledyba - 30%
Aipom - 25%
Pineco - 20%
Cherubi - 20%
(High)
Combee - 30%
Spinarak - 25%
Burmy - 20%
Seedot - 20%

Also, now that you have surf, here's the Pokémon you'll encounter in the water.

Moving Water
Lv. 20-30
Wingull - 50%
Wailmer - 30%
Frillish - 10%
Shellos - 10%

Calm water
Lv. 20-30
Tentacool - 50%
Marill - 30%
Slowpoke - 10%
Corphish - 10%

I say take this time to have a rematch those trainers close by. You're not going to get Fly for a little while longer.

If you want, you can head back to Pebble Cave and surf to the new section.

Pebble Cave (Part 2)

Pokémon:
Lv. 23-25
Bronzor - 25%
Bagon - 25%
Drilbur - 15%
Aron - 15%
Diglett - 10%
Larvitar - 10%

Items:
Escape Rope x1
Hard Stone
Focus Sash
TM78

Trainers:
Worker Paul - Bronzor Lv. 25, Drilbur Lv. 25
Worker Scott - Diglett Lv. 25, Bagon Lv. 25
Worker Zack - Aron Lv. 25, Larvitar Lv. 25

You can play the mine minigame once a day by talking to the hiker. Use Rock Smash on the rocks to undercover fossils.

Cyclopes

Items:
Repeat Ball x1
Water/Fire/Leaf Stone (Talk to girl in westmost house)
Expert Belt (Hiding behind the trees next to the westmost house)
Heart Scale (Hidden in flowers)
Shell Bell (Talk to woman in the northeast house)
TAKON TICKET (Talk to the guy in the southeast house upstairs)

The fisherman that lives with the Shell Bell woman will give you a new Heart Scale everyday. I put TAKON TICKET in caps because you don't want to overlook this. The guy upstairs is the one to deliver Milla's letter to. He'll ask you to give Milla one last letter. Go back to her place to do so, THEN COME BACK AND TALK TO THIS GUY AGAIN ASAP. He'll thank you for delivering the letter and give you the ticket. I put so much emphasis on this because he'll leave after you get your eighth badge, meaning you don't get the ticket if you haven't by that point. Which means you can say bye-bye to getting Mew and Mewtwo. You can wait until you have Fly to finish this, but I wouldn't put it off for any longer than that.

Anyway, since there's Magnemite blocking the east path, you're going to have to head south to investigate. Yes, this means you need surf to continue with the story.

Ironwork Factory (Exterior)

Pokémon:
Lv. 17-19
Voltorb - 25%
Foongus - 25%
Machop - 15%
Buizel - 15%
Pachirisu - 10%
Natu - 10%

Items:
Protein x1
Dive Ball x1
Rocky Helmet (Talk to guy behind building)

Trainers:
Swimmer Wright - Wailmer Lv. 20
Swimmer Ruth - Tentacool Lv. 20, Wingull Lv. 20
Policeman Dell - Growlithe Lv. 18, Machop Lv. 18
Worker Leo - Geodude Lv. 18, Magby Lv. 18, Koffing Lv. 18

This is the place where you'll get to catch those Pokémon you saw other trainers have. Once you're happy with everything outside, it's time to go in.

Ironwork Factory (Interior)

Pokémon:
Lv. 18-20
Grimer - 25%
Magnemite - 25%
Elekid - 15%
Magby - 15%
Koffing - 10%
Trubbish - 10%

Items:
Super Potion x1
Ether x1
Nest Ball x1
Ice Heal x1
Magnet
TM72

Trainers:
Worker Niel - Roggenrola Lv. 20, Grimer Lv. 20
Worker Gus - Trubbish Lv. 20, Elekid Lv. 20
Scientist Ronald - Magnemite Lv. 20
Scientist Terrance - Magby Lv. 20, Pachirisu Lv. 20
Scientist Franklin - Voltorb Lv. 19, Foongus Lv. 19, Natu Lv. 20
Scientist Lumina - Koffing Lv. 20
Scientist Marie - Elekid Lv. 20, Buizel Lv. 20
Scientist Caroline - Electrike Lv. 20, Shelmet Lv. 20, Grimer Lv. 20
Female Grunt - Liepard Lv. 24, Nuzleaf Lv. 24

Examine the test tubes if you're curious to see what's inside. You can evolve Magneton here if you want. Taking the stairs to the northwest will take you to a basement with a Scientist. He'll give you a Rotom, and the boxes surrounding him contain things that Rotom can possess. To the northeast is the stairs to an office, where Team Annhiliation is up to no good. Help Hercules beat them up and you'll get a Nugget when you talk to the president afterward. There's also Leftovers in his trashbin. Score!

Route 658

Pokémon:
Lv. 19-21
Snubbull - 25%
Paras - 25%
Timburr - 15%
Stunky - 15%
Munna - 10%
Emolga - 10%

Items:
Leppa Berries x2
Hyper Potion x1
Shiny Stone x1
PPUP x1
TM76
TM83 (Requires Strength)

Trainers:
Parasol Girl April - Goldeen Lv. 22, Frillish Lv. 22
Painter Horton - Munna Lv. 22
Cyclist Axel* - Emolga Lv. 22, Paras Lv. 22
Cyclist Kayla* - Emolga Lv. 21, Snubbull Lv. 22, Tranquill Lv. 22
Gentleman Robert - Growlithe Lv. 22, Timburr Lv. 22
Madame Grace - Liepard Lv. 22, Roselia Lv. 22
*Get number

Nothing special here. Just grab, fight, and move on.

Palioxis

Items:
Rare Candy x1
Max Repel x1
Elixir x1
Sharp Beak (Talk to the woman in the northwest house)
TM62 (Talk to the girl in the southwest house)

Pokémon:
Slowking (Trade a Poliwrath)
Politoed (Trade a Slowbro)

Jump over the logs! You'll find out the gym leader isn't here. Since the east gate is blocked off, there's only one other way to go.

Graveyard Tower (Exterior)

Items:
Dusk Stone x1

Some of the tombs are readable.

Graveyard Tower (Interior)

Pokémon:
Lv. 20-22
Shuppet - 25%
Duskull - 25%
Yamask - 15%
Litwick - 15%
Gastly - 10%
Spiritomb - 10%

Items:

Revive x1
Dusk Ball x1
Hyper Potion x1
Spell Tag
TM61
TM65

Trainers:
Psychic Doreen - Drowzee Lv 24, Shuppet Lv. 24
Psychic Perry - Kirila Lv. 24, Gastly Lv. 24
Psychic Bruce - Kadabra Lv. 24, Duskull Lv. 24
Pokéfan Georgia - Clefable Lv. 24
Psychic Dua - Munna Lv. 24, Spiritomb Lv. 24
Pokéfan Elliot - Pachirisu Lv. 24, Litwick Lv. 24, Yamask Lv. 24

You can't pass the spirits. Maze through the tower until you reach the end. There you'll have to stop the tower from being blown up.

Aedus
Koffing - Lv. 30
Electrode - Lv 30
Forretress - Lv. 32
Nuzleaf - Lv. 32

They still try to blow you up with Explosion/Self-Destruct. Better you than the tower, right? You get HM02 for it though. Man, what's it about gym leaders giving out HMs you can't even use yet?

Fifth Gym

Trainers:
Pokémon Breeder Marcus - Tranquill Lv. 25, Skiploom Lv. 25
Nursery Aide Autumn - Swellow Lv. 25, Pidgeotto Lv. 25, Pelipper Lv. 25
Pokémon Ranger Briana - Noctowl Lv. 25

You have to beat the trainer that will remove to rock blocking the gym leader.

Gym Leader - Callum
Togekiss - Serene Grace - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 30
•Air Slash
•Aura Sphere
•Roost
•Aerial Ace
Xatu - Magic Bounce - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 32
•Night Shade
•Confuse Ray
•Psyshock
•Aerial Ace
Staraptor - Reckless - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 34
•Double Team
•Take Down
•Roost
•Aerial Ace
Obtain TM40 - Aerial Ace

Feels like forever since the last one, huh? Don't underestimate his Pokémon. There might only be three, but they pack a punch.

Part 6
Spoiler:
Oasis Desert

Pokémon:
Lv. 21-23
Sandshrew - 25%
Sandile - 25%
Maractus - 15%
Cacnea - 15%
Phanpy - 10%
Gible - 10%

Items:
Brightpowder x1
Lemonade x1
Burn Heal x1
Sun Stone x1
Ultra Ball x1
TM39
Pokémon Egg (Talk to woman in route gate)
Oval Stone (Talk to woman after egg hatches)

Trainers:
Backpacker Ivan* - Sandile Lv. 26, Sandslash Lv. 26, Cacnea Lv. 26
Backpacker Blossom* - Maractus Lv. 26, Gabite Lv. 26, Donphan Lv. 26
Backpacker Sam - Golbat Lv. 26, Sandslash Lv. 26
Backpacker Annie - Watchog Lv. 26, Sandile Lv. 26
Hiker Jeremy - Shuckle Lv. 26 x4
Hiker Doug - Onix Lv. 26 x3, Graveler Lv. 26

Rock Smash Pokémon:
Dwebble - 50%
Onix - 30%
Slumga - 10%
Shuckle - 10%

Time to kick things up. Now trainers will have 2-4 Pokémon on average, which will be at least 2 levels higher than the wild ones. This means they might already have an evolved form of it! You'll notice a waterfall to the northwest. This takes you to the second half of the desert when you have the HM for it. In case you decided to come in from the other entrance, here's the information for it now.

Oasis Desert (Part 2)

Pokémon:
Lv. 21-23
Hippopotas - 25%
Torkoal - 25%
Carnivine - 15%
Baltoy - 15%
Trapinch - 10%
Darumaka - 10%

Items:
Enigma Berries x2
Hyperpotion x1
Soft Sand
Iron x1 (Requires Waterfall)
Stardust (Requires Waterfall)
TM26 (Requires Waterfall)

Trainers:
Backpacker Kendall - Hippopotas Lv. 26, Torkoal Lv. 26, Trapinch Lv. 26
Backpacker Jill - Baltoy Lv. 26, Carnivine Lv. 26, Darumaka Lv. 26
Fisherman Sid - Basculin Lv. 26, Luvdisc Lv. 26, Stunfisk Lv. 26, Staryu Lv. 26

Those berries are needed for a side quest, so grab them while you're at it.

Route 659

Pokémon:
Lv. 22-24
Deerling - 25%
Gulpin - 25%
Gothita - 15%
Solosis - 15%
Swablu - 10%
Joltik - 10%

Items:
Elixir x1
Calcium x1
Balm Mushroom (Hidden in flowers)
TM06 (Requires Strength)

Trainers:
Doctor Kit - Audino Lv. 25, Joltik Lv. 25
Cool Trainer Charlie - Lombre Lv. 26, Flaaffy Lv. 26, Vigoroth Lv. 26
Cool Trainer Jamie - Palpitoad Lv. 26, Arbok Lv. 26, Manectric Lv. 26
Psychic Nandor* - Solosis Lv. 26, Drifloon Lv. 26, Hypno Lv. 26
Psychic Ena* - Gothita Lv. 26, Haunter Lv. 26, Metang Lv. 26
Nursery Aide Kimya - Swablu Lv. 26, Deerling Lv. 26, Swalot Lv. 26, Simisear Lv. 26
Preschooler Buster - Simipour Lv. 26, Ariados Lv. 26
Preschooler Lin - Simisage Lv. 26, Mothim Lv. 26

Once again heal with the good doctor and fight your way to the next town.

Dikaiosyne

Items:
Full Heal x1
Repeat Ball x1
Black Belt
Amulet Coin (Talk to girl in house near Pokécenter)
Soothe Bell (Talk to woman in dept. store)

Pokémon:
Porygon (Purchase from shady guy)
Porygon2 (Purchase from shady guy)
PorygonZ (Trade Porygon2s with youngster upstairs)

This is where you buy everything you need! And I mean everything. Incense, evolution stones, you name it. Speaking of, if you haven't done so yet, go evolve your Pokémon that needs a held item. Pokémon you would normally trade with these now evolve by leveling up with it instead. Gen 2 mon evolve during the day, while Gen 4 mon evolve at night. Now that you're all stocked and powered up, head to the gym!

Sixth Gym

Trainers:
Smasher Mari - Riolu Lv. 28, Sawk Lv. 28, Hariyama Lv. 28
Linebacker Bob - Riolu Lv. 28, Throh Lv. 28, Primeape Lv. 28
Hoopster Nicolas - Riolu Lv. 28, Gurdurr Lv. 28
Striker Tony - Riolu Lv. 28, Poliwhirl Lv. 28, Machoke Lv. 28, Breloom Lv. 28
Infielder Connor - Riolu Lv. 28, Lucario Lv. 28

You have to beat the trainers to be considered worthy to proceed.

Gym Leader - Gabriela
Hitmontop - Technician - Sitrus Berry- Lvl 34
•Toxic
•Foresight
•Triple Kick
•Low Sweep
Poliwrath - Water Absorb - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 35
•Hypnosis
•Wake-Up Slap
•Bubblebeam
•Low Sweep
Machamp - No Guard - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 36
•Karate Chop
•Thunder Punch
•Stone Edge
•Low Sweep
Lucario - Inner Focus - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 38
•Swords Dance
•Bullet Punch
•Ice Punch
•Low Sweep
Obtain TM47 - Low Sweep

Big hitters use big attacks. Approach with caution.

Part 7
Spoiler:
We're not done here. First of all, you can now fight the guy who was guarding the door. He'll give you a Tyrouge when you beat him. There's also some double battles available if you're up for it. But you want to know what you should get ready for? That's right! Time to fight your rival again!

Alex
Sandslash - Lv. 36
Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon (Counters your starter type) - Lv. 36
Gardevoir/Gallade (Depends on what gender you chose) - Lv. 36
Pidgeot - Lv. 36
Starter - Lv. 38

Someone's been training, huh? You get HM06 out of it.

Route 660

Pokémon:
Lv. 24-26
Mankey - 25%
Teddiursa - 25%
Spoink - 15%
Numel - 15%
Blitzle - 10%
Absol - 10%

Items:
Revive x1
Ultra Ball x1
Rare Candy x1
Full Heal x1
TM95 (Requires Cut)

Trainers:
Poké Fan Norbert* - Teddiursa Lv. 28, Spoink Lv. 28, Primeape Lv. 28
Poké Fan Lydia* - Numel Lv. 28, Teddiursa Lv. 28, Zebstrika Lv. 28
Cool Trainer Shelly - Delcatty Lv. 28, Whirlipede Lv. 28, Floatzel Lv. 28, Swellow Lv. 28
Cool Trainer Webster - Linoone Lv. 28, Whimsicott Lv. 28, Quagsire Lv. 28, Golbat Lv. 28
Youngster Keita - Psyduck Lv. 28, Absol Lv. 28
Lass Lurleen - Deerling Lv. 28, Absol Lv. 28

There's a fairly long cave coming up, so stock up!

Cavern of Stone and Ice

Pokémon:
Lv. 25-27
Woobat - 25%
Cubone - 25%
Sableye - 15%
Mawile - 15%
Tynamo - 10%
Nosepass - 10%

Items:
Ultra Ball x1
Iron x1
Hyper Potion x1
Carbos x1
Nevermeltice
Timer Ball x1
Max Repel x1
Elixir x1
PPUP (Check east room rock)
Nugget (Check west room rock)
TM79
TM80
TM90

Trainers:
Worker Brand - Sableye Lv. 30, Baltoy Lv. 30, Magmar Lv. 30
Worker Herman - Mawile Lv. 30, Koffing Lv. 30, Krokorok Lv. 30
Hiker Justin - Nosepass Lv. 30, Boldore Lv. 30
Hiker Keith - Dwebble Lv. 30, Marowak Lv. 30
Pokémon Breeder Eustace - Woobat Lv. 30, Foongus Lv. 30, Slumga Lv. 30, Chansey Lv. 30
Pokémon Breeder Ethel - Tynamo Lv. 30, Trubbish Lv. 30, Slugma Lv. 30, Togetic Lv. 30
Scientist Marissa - Tynamo Lv. 30, Grimer Lv. 30, Porygon Lv. 30, Electabuzz Lv. 30
Scientist Clarke - Nosepass Lv. 30, Magneton Lv. 30
Worker Mitchell - Golbat Lv. 30, Maractus Lv. 30, Marowak Lv. 30
Worker Morgan - Woobat Lv. 30, Litwik Lv. 30, Pupitar Lv. 30

Nosepass evolves here if you level it up. As you can see, there's a lot of things to cover. The cave is split into three parts: east room, ice room, and west room. The ice room is a maze you'll have to manuver through in order to get everything and leave. Have fun!

Route 661

Pokémon:
Lv. 26-28
Snorunt - 25%
Vanillite - 25%
Cubchoo - 15%
Swinub - 15%
Cryogonal - 10%
Smoochum - 10%

Items:
Ether x1
Revive x1
TM03

Trainers:
Nurse Carol - Vanillite Lv. 30, Audino Lv. 30
Parasol Girl Laura* - Snorunt Lv. 30, Poliwhirl Lv. 30
Painter Pierre - Cryogonal Lv. 30, Smeargle Lv. 30, Jinx Lv. 30
Biker Stanley - Cubchoo Lv. 30, Growlithe Lv. 30, Joltik Lv. 30, Scolipede Lv. 30
Cueball Ricky - Swinub Lv. 30, Cacnea Lv. 30, Torkoal Lv. 30, Granbull Lv. 30
Pokémon Ranger Lois - Munna Lv. 30, Tranquill Lv. 30, Ampharos Lv. 30
Pokémon Ranger Eddie - Darumaka Lv. 30, Pinsir Lv. 30, Haunter Lv. 30

Heal at the nurse obviously. There's two important things to note here. First is the ice rock, which indicates that this is where you get Glaceon. The second thing is the house. Go inside and talk to the old lady twice to get the backstory for some characters.

Spoiler:
Khione

Items:
Full Heal x1
Light Ball (Talk to tennis girl)
Poison Barb
Super Rod (Talk to fisherman)

This place becomes more important post-game. For now its best aspect is the move tutors. You can learn Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, and Draco Meteor for free. The shard family teaches Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Signal Beam, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Roost, Pain Split, Heat Wave, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Superpower,
Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Gastro Acid, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Stealth Rock, Outrage, and Endeavor. You can't learn from the shard family until you learn dive, but at least you can get free moves from the other family.

Khione - Underwater

Pokémon:
Lv. 25-30
Mantyke - 25%
Remoraid - 25%
Alomomola - 15%
Shellder - 15%
Corsola - 10%
Relicanth - 10%

Items:
Red/Blue/Green/Yellow Shards
Mystic Water
TM55

The shards respawn daily, so just come back and save up.

Route 662

Pokémon:
Lv. 28-30
Delibird - 25%
Spheal - 25%
Sneasal - 15%
Snover - 15%
Munchlax - 10%
Seel - 10%

Items:
Dusk Ball x1
Max Ether x1
Max Potion (Requires Surf)
TM13 (Requires Surf)

Trainers:
Swimmer Harold* - Shellder Lv. 32, Clamperl Lv. 32, Sharpedo Lv. 32
Swimmer Kaoru* - Alomomola Lv. 32, Slowpoke Lv. 32, Corsola Lv. 32
School Kid Keston - Delibird Lv. 32, Snover Lv. 32, Venomoth Lv. 32, Jumpluff Lv. 32
School Kid Millie - Sneasel Lv. 32, Sealeo Lv. 32, Heracross Lv. 32, Gloom Lv. 32
Richboy Martin - Munchlax Lv. 32, Stoutland Lv. 32
Lady Colette - Seel Lv. 32, Bellossom Lv.32

You run into Emil at the end.

Emil
Electabuzz - Lv. 38
Simisage/Simipour/Simisear - Lv. 40
Umbreon - Lv. 40
Nidoqueen/Nidoking - Lv. 40
Starter - Lv. 42

Standard stuff.

Gaea

Items:
Max Revive (Hidden behind some trees to the east)
Rage Candy Bar (Talk to little kid)
Rare Candy x1
Twisted Spoon
Berry Set (Talk to madame in fanclub)
Cleanse Tag (Talk to psychic in fanclub)
TM08 (Talk to blackbelt in fanclub)
Pokémon Egg (Talk to gentleman in fanclub)
Thick Club (Talk to gentleman after egg hatches)

Boy, people sure are generous! They're a gossipy bunch too, so talk to the residents to find out some juicy information. This town is also home to the safari zone.

Safari Zone Pokémon:
Lv. 20-30
Volbeat - 20%
Illumise - 20%
Sudowoodo - 10%
Dunsparce - 10%
Stantler - 10%
Girafarig - 10%
Kecleon - 10%
Tropius - 10%

Nothing crazy, so go nuts.

Seventh Gym

Trainers:
Worker Pattson - Lairon Lv. 35, Wormdam Lv. 35, Magneton Lv. 35
Worker Fred - Pawniard Lv. 35, Lucario Lv. 35, Bastiodon Lv. 35
Backpacker Matt - Mawile Lv. 35, Scizor Lv. 35, Probopass Lv.35
Backpacker Patty - Steelix Lv. 35, Excavalier Lv. 35, Metang Lv. 35

Very straightforward. Just pick a path.

Gym Leader - Vanna
Bronzong - Levitate - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 40
•Stealth Rock
•Light Screen
•Reflect
•Gyro Ball
Steelix - Sturdy - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 42
•Stealth Rock
•Roar
•Earthquake
•Gyro Ball
Skarmory - Sturdy - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 42
•Taunt
•Whirlwind
•Steel Wing
•Air Slash
Aggron - Rock Head - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 45
•Head Smash
•Iron Head
•Fire Punch
•Aqua Tail
Obtain TM74 - Gyro Ball

Her Pokémon are fierce for different reasons. Make sure you come prepared.

Part 8
Spoiler:
Things will seem off on your way out of town, but that's because we're about to dive into the heavily story-driven section of the game. You know, the part where you get the Pokémon on the title screen. If you need to go back and wrap a few things up (like GETTING THAT TICKET for example), now might be a good time. Anyway, to the next route!

Route 663

Pokémon:
Lv. 30-32
Jigglypuff - 25%
Ducklett - 25%
Gligar - 15%
Glameow - 15%
Pawniard - 10%
Scraggy- 10%

Items:
Full Heal x1
Max Ether x1
Max Potion x1
TM29

Trainers:
Blackbelt Rocky* - Scraggy Lv. 34, Hitmonlee Lv. 34, Throh Lv. 34
Battlegirl Maki* - Scarggy Lv. 34, Hitmonchan Lv. 34, Sawk Lv. 34
Cueball Nicky - Arbok Lv. 34, Wigglybuff Lv. 34
Biker Philip - Gligar Lv. 34, Floatzel Lv. 34
Policeman Braven - Pawniard Lv. 34, Noctowl Lv. 34, Stoutland Lv. 34
Cool Trainer Juliet - Glameow Lv. 34, Leafeon Lv. 34, Glaceon Lv. 34, Starmie Lv. 34
Cool Trainer Grant - Ducklett Lv. 34, Cryogonal Lv. 34, Dusclops Lv. 34, Camerupt Lv. 34

The little trees have switches to clear the way.

Annihilation Base

Items:
Max Potion x1
Ultra Ball x1
Carbos x1
PPMax x1
Rare Candy x1
Razor Claw
Master Ball (Talk to Liepard)
TM12
TM42

Trainers:
Policeman Neagle - Pawniard Lv. 35, Machoke Lv. 35
Grunt #1 (x2) - Murkrow Lv. 35, Mightyena Lv. 35
Grunt #2 (x2) - Sneasel Lv. 35, Liepard Lv. 35
Grunt #3 - Crawdaunt Lv. 35, Skuntank Lv. 35
Grunt #4 (x2) - Houndoom Lv. 35, Cacturne Lv. 35
Grunt #5 (x2) - Nuzleaf Lv. 35, Krokorok Lv.35
Grunt #6 (x2) - Shapedo Lv. 35, Absol Lv. 35
Grunt #7 (x2) - Umbreon Lv. 35, Absol Lv. 35

GET EVERYTHING. Once you complete this area, you won't be able to come back. To the northwest of where you enter is a floor where you can rest and heal. The Liepard with the Master Ball is past the point of no return. Go through all the cutscenes, and you'll wind up in a double battle.

Annihilation Boss
Skuntank - Lv. 42
Absol - Lv. 42

You don't have to win this, but it would be nice. Herc will poof you out afterward. While you might think this means you have to backtrack, you actually have to keep moving forward. So onward!

Route 664

Pokémon:
Lv. 32-34
Sunkern - 25%
Croagunk - 25%
Chingling - 15%
Ponyta - 15%
Skorupi - 10%
Smeargle - 10%

Items:
Timer Ball x1
Max Potion x1
Float Stone
TM01

Trainers:
Poké Fan Jude - Sunkern Lv. 36, Pichu Lv. 36, Iggybuff Lv. 36, Swoobat Lv. 36
Poké Fan Sachiko - Chingling Lv. 36, Budew Lv. 36, Azurill Lv. 36, Leavanny Lv. 36
Parasol Girl Melita - Croagunk Lv. 36, Lumineon Lv. 36, Seismitoad Lv. 36
Painter Gough* - Smeargle Lv. 36 x3
Gentleman Sheldon - Skorupi Lv. 36, Delcatty Lv. 36
Madame Cassandra - Ponyta Lv. 36, Granbull Lv. 36

Maze your way to the next town.

Thanatos

Items:
Weather Rocks (Talk to twin)
Light Clay (Talk to twin)
Destiny Knot
TM43
Shinno Ticket (Help the Berry Mom)

Pokémon:
Feebas (Trade Dragonair with Youngster)
Zorua (Catch Giratina and talk to Veteran)

In one of the houses, you'll find a mother who needs berries to make her jam. First she'll ask for Oran Berries, then Sitrus Berries, then finally Enigma Berries. After you give her the last batch, you'll get the ticket. The Feebas will evolve into a Bold Milotic once traded. Be sure to talk to the NPCs, especially the one in the southeast house! They'll provide a nice chunk of exposition.

Since the east path leads to a waterfall you can't go through yet, that means you'll have to go west.

Route 665

Pokémon:
Lv. 34-36
Vullaby - 25%
Buneary - 25%
Meditite - 15%
Ferroseed - 15%
Axew - 10%
Rhyhorn - 10%

Items:
Max Potion x1
Max Ether x1
King's Rock
TM93

Trainers:
Cueball Reese* - Rhyhorn Lv. 38, Weepinbell Lv. 38, Darmanitan Lv. 38
Biker Charles* - Buneary Lv. 38, Eelektrik Lv. 38, Muk Lv. 38
Veteran Murphy - Magmar Lv. 38, Fraxure Lv. 38, Staraptor Lv. 38, Carracosta Lv. 38
Veteran Portia - Electabuzz Lv. 38, Medicham Lv. 38, Snorlax Lv. 38, Archeops Lv. 38
Juggler Gary - Ferroseed Lv. 38, Vullaby Lv. 38

Do what you have to do.

Ancient Temple

Items:
HPUP x1
Max Revive x1

Now we're getting somewhere! Follow Blake into the portal after the scene. I hope you stocked up on balls!

Distortion World

Items:
Griseous Orb (First area)
Master Ball (Second area)

Search each area for those items before approaching Giratina. Like in Black/White, you MUST catch it in order to continue with the story. Why do you think I was nice enough to leave a Master Ball nearby? Kill the Dusknoir that appears afterward, and warp out once that's all done with. Herc will give you Waterfall when you come out.

Okay, last gym time!

Eighth Gym

Items:
Moomoo Milk (Talk to entrance guy)

Trainers:
Gentleman Stonewall - Sableye Lv. 40, Absol Lv. 40, Drapion Lv. 40
Madame Marian - Spiritomb Lv. 40, Absol Lv. 40, Krookodile Lv. 40
Richboy Rolan - Vullaby Lv. 40, Absol Lv. 40, Houndoom Lv. 40
Lady Lina - Deino Lv. 40, Absol Lv. 40, Liepard Lv. 40

Dark gym is very dark. It's a simple maze, so you'll get there one way or another.

Gym Leader - Blake
Scrafty - Shed Skin - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 50
•Bulk Up
•Drain Punch
•Crunch
•Rest
Honchkrow - Moxie - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 52
•Sucker Punch
•Brave Bird
•Superpower
•Roost
Weavile - Pressure - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 52
•Pursuit
•Ice Shard
•Low Kick
•Night Slash
Tyranitar - Sand Stream - Sitrus Berry - Lvl 55
•Payback
•Pursuit
•Low Kick
•Stone Edge
Obtain TM66 - Payback

Honchkrow is bad news for Fighting/Bug types, so watch out for that. Really each of his Pokémon has something going for it, and it's up to you to put them in their place. This is the final battle with Blake! Make it count!

Part 9
Spoiler:
Now that you have all eight badges, the following are now available:
• Go catch the starters you didn't pick in Moirai.
• The clerk on the top floor of the department store is selling new items.
• Darkrai is catchable where you got Giratina.

Before you head off to the Elite Four, here's a few things to keep in mind:
• Grass and Ice are your best friends. A majority of their Pokémon are weak to these.
• Giratina has a type advantage over the third/fourth members, so consider adding it to your party if you don't have a Ghost and/or Dragon type.
• Make sure the Pokémon you plan on primarily using are Lv. 55+ by the time you're there. Otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

Route 666

Pokémon:
Lv. 36-38
Klink - 25%
Mienfoo - 25%
Rufflet - 15%
Sigilyph - 15%
Audino - 10%
Druddigon - 10%

Items:
Full Restore x1
PPUP x1
Sticky Barb
TM04
TM35

Trainers:
Juggler Jack - Sigilyph Lv. 40, Emogla Lv. 40, Leavanny Lv. 40
Clerk Nelson - Klang Lv. 40, Sunflora Lv. 40, Lapras Lv. 40, Pinsir Lv. 40
Clerk Trisha - Rufflet Lv. 40, Ariados Lv. 40, Floatzel Lv. 40, Rapidash Lv. 40
Cool Trainer Kip* - Mienfoo Lv. 40, Jynx Lv. 40, Gloom Lv. 40, Banette Lv. 40, Kingdra Lv. 40
Cool Trainer Lucca* - Druddigon Lv. 40, Vanillish Lv. 40, Swanna Lv. 40, Lampent Lv. 40, Sawsbuck Lv. 40

You'll run into some trouble along the way, which will lead to your last battle with Aedus.

Aedus
Corsola - Lv. 50
Weezing - Lv. 50
Electrode - Lv. 50
Forretress - Lv. 50
Shiftry - Lv. 50

Explosions everywhere. You'll save Alex, but who cares about that. What you should care about is the optional final battle with Leona at Granny's House.

Leona
Delcatty - Lv. 50
Liepard - Lv. 50
Luxray - Lv. 50
Persian - Lv. 50
Absol - Lv. 50

So he did give it to her after all! They sure do make nice punching bags.

Victory Road

Pokémon:
Lv. 38-40
Heatmor - 25%
Durant - 25%
Elgyem - 15%
Golett - 15%
Deino - 10%
Skarmory - 10%

Items:
Ultra Ball x1
Full Heal x1
Full Restore x1
Rare Candy x1
Max Revive x2
PPMax (Check rock)
Nugget (Check rock)
Dragon Fang
TM75
TM82

Trainers:
Psychic Micki - Girafarig Lv. 45, Beheeyem Lv. 45, Cohagrigus Lv. 45
Psychic Alia - Wobbuffet Lv. 45, Xatu Lv. 45, Golurk Lv. 45
Veteran Cathy - Durant Lv. 45, Omastar Lv. 45, Druddigon Lv. 45, Exploud Lv. 45, Jumpluff Lv. 45
Veteran Zach - Heatmor Lv. 45, Kabutops Lv. 45, Dragonair Lv. 45, Toxicroak Lv. 45, Gigalith Lv. 45
Nurse Mariah - Audino Lv. 45
Blackbelt Lao - Mienfoo Lv. 45, Sawk Lv. 45, Crustle Lv. 45, Conkeldurr Lv. 45
Battlegirl Xiao - Medicham Lv. 45, Throh Lv. 45, Steelix Lv. 45, Machamp Lv. 45
Veteran Claude* - Skarmory Lv. 45, Rufflet Lv. 45, Rampardos Lv. 45, Magmortar Lv. 45, Venusaur Lv. 45
Veteran Rayne* - Deino Lv. 45, Gastrodon Lv. 45, Ferrothorn Lv. 45, Armaldo Lv. 45, Infernape Lv. 45

After traveling all the way around, stopping along the way to heal with the nurse, you'll get to have a battle with Emil one last time.

Emil
Klingklang - Lv. 52
Electivire - Lv. 54
Simisear/Simisage/Simipour - Lv. 54
Umbreon - Lv. 54
Nidoking/Nidoqueen - Lv. 54
Starter - Lv. 55

Hey, a full team. That's gotta be something. Too bad he doesn't give you anything.

Pokémon League

This is it. Time to show the world you're ready to become the next champion. Now there's some important things you should know. The fights are linear like in the older games, so the order will always be the same. Also, you'll notice Chanseys in the first room, the third room, and the final room. These will heal your Pokémon ONCE. If you leave the room, you can't go back, so you have the choice to either use it before moving on or not at all. If you want to challenge yourself, just ignore them. (What you see in parenthesis is hard mode.)

Elite Four - Nixie
Politoad - Drizzle - Leftovers - Lvl 52 (55)
•Scald
•Protect
•Perish Song
•Toxic
Vaporeon - Hydration - Leftovers - Lvl 54 (56)
•Rest
•Scald
•Roar
•Ice Beam
Jellicent - Water Absorb (Cursed Body) - Leftovers - Lvl 54 (56)
•Water Spout (Will-o-wisp)
•Shadow Ball (Taunt)
•Scald
•Energy Ball (Recover)
Cloyster - Skill Link - Leftovers - Lvl 54 (56)
•Shell Smash
•Icicle Spear
•Hydro Pump
•Rock Blast
Gyarados - Moxie - Leftovers - Lvl 55 (58)
•Dragon Dance
•Waterfall
•Bounce
•Stone Edge

Elite Four - Jorge
Hippowdon - Sand Stream - Leftovers - Lvl 54 (56)
•Slack Off
•Earthquake
•Stealth Rock
•Ice Fang
Dugtrio - Arena Trap - Leftovers - Lvl 55 (58)
•Substitute
•Hone Claws
•Earthquake
•Sucker Punch
Donphan - Sand Veil - Leftovers - Lvl 55 (58)
•Rapid Spin
•Earthquake
•Stealth Rock
•Ice Shard
Gliscor - Sand Veil - Leftovers - Lvl 55 (58)
•Earthquake
•Toxic
•U-turn
•Protect (Roost)
Excadrill - Sand Rush - Leftovers - Lvl 56 (60)
•Swords Dance
•Earthquake
•Iron Head
•Shadow Claw

Elite Four - Alastor
Espeon - Magic Bounce - Leftovers - Lvl 55 (58)
•Yawn
•Psyshock
•Shadow Ball
•Grass Knot
Alakazam - Magic Guard - Leftovers - Lvl 56 (60)
•Psychic
•Focus Blast
•Signal Beam
•Substitute
Reuniclus - Magic Guard - Leftovers - Lvl 56 (60)
•Calm Mind
•Shadow Ball (Recover)
•Psychic
•Focus Blast
Starmie - Natural Cure - Leftovers - Lvl 56 (60)
•Surf
•Thunderbolt
•Ice Beam
•Psychic
Metagross - Clear Body - Leftovers - Lvl 58 (62)
•Meteor Mash
•Hammer Arm
•Zen Headbutt
•Pursuit

Elite Four - Melinda
Garchomp - Rough Skin - Leftovers - Lvl 56 (60)
•Dragon Claw (Outrage)
•Earthquake
•Aqua Tail
•Stone Edge (Dual Chop)
Dragonite - Multiscale - Leftovers - Lvl 58 (62)
•Dragon Dance
•Dragon Claw
•Fire Punch
•Extreme Speed (Roost)
Salamence - Intimidate - Leftovers - Lvl 58 (62)
•Draco Meteor
•Outrage
•Heat Wave
•Earthquake
Haxorus - Mold Breaker - Leftovers - Lvl 58 (62)
•Swords Dance
•Dragon Claw (Outrage)
•Low Kick
•Aqua Tail
Hydreigon - Levitate - Leftovers - Lvl 60 (64)
•Draco Meteor
•Flamethrower
•U-turn
•Dark Pulse

Champion
Blissey - Natural Cure - Leftovers - Lvl 58 (62)
•Wish
•Protect
•Toxic
•Seismic Toss
Jolteon - Volt Absorb - Life Orb - Lvl 60 (64)
•Thunderbolt
•Volt Switch
•Signal Beam
•Thunder Wave
Breloom - Technician - Life Orb - Lvl 60 (65)
•Low Sweep
•Mach Punch
•Bullet Seed
•Spore
Gengar - Levitate - Black Sludge - Lvl 62 (66)
•Substitute
•Shadow Ball
•Sludge Bomb
•Focus Blast
Mamoswine - Thick Fat - Life Orb - Lvl 64 (68)
•Icicle Crash
•Ice Shard
•Earthquake
•Superpower
Volcarona - Flame Body - Leftovers - Lvl 65 (70)
•Quiver Dance
•Bug Buzz
•Fiery Dance
•Giga Drain (Roost)

Have fun!

Part 10
Spoiler:
Now that you've beaten the game, you can do the following:

•Battle Alex (Go to their house)
•Find the roaming Latios and Latias (Interact with the tv in your house to trigger it)
•Catch Cresselia (Graveyard Tower)
•Go grab Genesect and its drives (Ironwork Factory)
•Get an egg and Ditto (Go to the lab and talk to the scientists)
•Turn in your tickets to explore new areas
•Have a rematch with the gym leaders to finish up the story

Alex
Beartic - Lv. 55
Sandslash - Lv. 56
Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon - Lv. 56
Gardevoir/Gallade - Lv. 58
Pidgeot - Lv. 58
Starter - Lv. 60

Cruise Ship

Items:
Rare Candy (Check trash bin)
Leftovers (Check fridge)
Max Revive (Check bookshelf)
Eviolite (Talk to madame)

Trainers:
Clerk Chaz - Flygon Lv. 50, Gallade Lv. 50, Slaking Lv. 50
Clerk Britney - Tropius Lv. 50, Ninetales Lv. 50, Espeon Lv. 50
Waitress Jan- Ambipom Lv. 50, Vileplume Lv. 50, Kingler Lv. 50
Waiter Lou - Magcargo Lv. 50, Lanturn Lv. 50, Rhyperior Lv. 50

When you're ready to get off the ship, just go to sleep.

Takon

How to get ticket: Deliver the letters and talk to Sam before beating the eighth gym.

Pokémon:
Lv. 50
Dodrio - 25%
Exeggcute - 25%
Kangaskhan - 20%
Tauros - 20%
Farfetch'd - 10%

Items:
TM24
TM30
TM85

The final image of the puzzle should look like this.

Hojot

How to get ticket: Catch a Goldeen, Horsea, and Dratini, then show them to the Fisherman in the shack on Route 652.

Pokémon:
Lv. 50
Unknown - 100%

Items:
TM02
TM36
TM69

Getting Ho-oh requires Surf, while Lugia requires Dive. The final image of the puzzle should look like this.

Nenoh

How to get ticket: Talk to the scientist on Route 654, purify the Makuhita, then show it to her.

Pokémon:
Lv. 50
Zangoose - 25%
Seviper - 25%
Lunatone - 20%
Solrock - 20%
Castform - 10%

Items:
Soul Dew
TM56
TM71
TM92

Getting Kyogre requires Dive. Surrounding Deoxys are meteorites that will change its form. The final image of the puzzle should look like this.

Shinno

How to get ticket: Give 10 Oran Berries, 5 Sitrus Berries, and 2 Enigma Berries to the mom in Thanatos.

Pokémon:
Lv. 50
Tangela - 25%
Mr. Mime - 25%
Lickitung - 20%
Yanma - 20%
Chatot - 10%

Items:
Gracidea (Check flowers)
Adamant Orb (Requires Strength)
Lustrous Orb (Requires Strength)
TM53
TM57
TM91

Heatran requires Strength, while Regigigas requires owning the other Regis. The final image of the puzzle should look like this.

Avonu

How to get ticket: Beat the game.

Pokémon:
Lv. 50
Plusle - 25%
Minun - 25%
Miltank - 20%
Bouffalant - 20%
Spinda - 10%

Items:
Reveal Glass
DNA Splicers (Requires Strength)
TM58
TM63
TM81

Keldeo requires Strength, while Landorus requires owning Thundurus and Tornadus. Examine the rock the Swords of Justice are facing to teach Keldeo Secret Sword. The final image of the puzzle should look like this.

Gym Leader - Flora
Whimsicott - Prankster - Leftovers
•Stun Spore
•U-turn
•Leech Seed
•Giga Drain
Lilligant - Own Tempo - Life Orb
•Quiver Dance
•Giga Drain
•Petal Dance
•Sleep Powder
Roserade - Natural Cure - Life Orb
•Leaf Storm
•Sludge Bomb
•Rest
•Sleep Powder

Note: Every Gym Leaders' Pokémon is Lv. 70.

Gym Leader - Dr. Volkan
Ninetales - Drought - Leftovers
•Flamethrower
•Will-o-wisp
•Solarbeam
•Nasty Plot
Darmanitan - Sheer Force - Life Orb
•Flare Blitiz
•Superpower
•Rock Slide
•Earthquake
Simisear - Gluttony - Salac Berry
•Nasty Plot
•Substitute
•Flamethrower
•Focus Blast
Arcanine - Intimidate - Life Orb
•Flare Blitz
•Extremespeed
•Crunch
•Wild Charge

Gym Leader - Spurge
Qwilfish - Swift Swim - Life Orb
•Rain Dance
•Waterfall
•Poison Jab
•Toxic Spikes
Toxicroak - Dry Skin - Black Sludge
•Poison Jab
•Drain Punch
•Suck Punch
•Protect
Crobat - Inner Focus - Life Orb
•Brave Bird
•U-turn
•Cross Poison
•Super Fang
Nidoking - Poison Point - Life Orb
•Earth Power
•Sludge Wave
•Ice Beam
•Thunderbolt

Gym Leader - Debbie
Vespiquen - Pressure - Leftovers
•Protect
•Defend Order
•Toxic
•Attack Order
Accelgor - Sticky Hold - Life Orb
•Bug Buzz
•Focus Blast
•Giga Drain
•U-turn
Heracross - Guts - Leftovers
•Substitute
•Megahorn
•Close Combat
•Stone Edge
Scizor - Technician - Leftovers
•Swords Dance
•Bullet Punch
•Bug Bite
•Superpower

Gym Leader - Callum
Drifblim - Unburden - Chesto Berry
•Calm Mind
•Shadow Ball
•Acrobatics
•Rest
Togekiss - Serene Grace - Life Orb
•Air Slash
•Aura Sphere
•Roost
•Nasty Plot
Xatu - Magic Bounce - Life Orb
•Night Shade
•Confuse Ray
•Psyshock
•Aerial Ace
Staraptor - Reckless - Sharp Beak
•Brave Bird
•Close Combat
•Roost
•Double Edge

Gym Leader - Gabriela
Hitmontop - Intimidate - Leftovers
•Toxic
•Foresight
•Close Combat
•Stone Edge
Mienshao - Regenerator - Life Orb
•Hi Jump Kick
•Grass Knot
•Rock Slide
•U-turn
Poliwrath - Water Absorb - Leftovers
•Substitute
•Focus Punch
•Waterfall
•Bulk Up
Machamp - No Guard - Leftovers
•Dynamic Punch
•Ice Punch
•Payback
•Bullet Punch
Lucario - Inner Focus - Life Orb
•Swords Dance
•Close Combat
•Extremespeed
•Crunch

Gym Leader - Vanna

Bronzong - Levitate - Light Clay
•Stealth Rock
•Light Screen
•Reflect
•Gyro Ball
Magnezone - Magnet Pull - Air Balloon
•Volt Switch
•Thunderbolt
•Flash Cannon
•Signal Beam
Steelix - Sturdy - Leftovers
•Stealth Rock
•Dragon Tail
•Earthquake
•Gyro Ball
Skarmory - Sturdy - Leftovers
•Taunt
•Whirlwind
•Steel Wing
•Brave Bird
Aggron - Rock Head - Life Orb
•Head Smash
•Heavy Slam
•Earthquake
•Aqua Tail

Gym Leader - Blake
Zoroark - Illusion - Life Orb
•Dark Pulse
•Focus Blast
•Flamethrower
•U-turn
Scrafty - Shed Skin - Leftovers
•Bulk Up
•Drain Punch
•Crunch
•Rest
Honchkrow - Moxie - Life Orb
•Sucker Punch
•Brave Bird
•Superpower
•Roost
Weavile - Pressure - Life Orb
•Pursuit
•Ice Shard
•Low Kick
•Night Slash
Tyranitar - Sand Stream - Life Orb
•Payback
•Pursuit
•Low Kick
•Stone Edge

Note: Illusion does not currently work in Pokémon Essentials.

Once you've beaten all of the gym leaders, return to the Distortion World to where you fought Giratina. Enter the black blob and proceed from there. The band teaches Relic Song to Meloetta.

That's it! Hope you enjoyed playing!

Old September 18th, 2014 (01:22 PM). Edited September 18th, 2014 by Bowlstir.
Media Arts and Game Development

Nature: Adamant
Glad to hear that you finished a full storyline!
--------------
I'll try and test some of it out when I get the chance.
--------------
Thoughts:
The back sprite for Swampert looks a little big.
You need to give credit to RPG Maker and Pokemon Essential makers.
The plot that your Dad kicks you out is a little... Sad?
Are you aware of the Rom Hack Pokemon Topaz?

Finally, the walkthrough is a great addition.
--------------

Bowlstir

Old September 18th, 2014 (02:05 PM).
ふゆかい

Nature: Quiet
Mapping and some ow sprites need a little work The plot is too boring and too common. Can't it be something like about Giratina like that? So it matches your titlescreen? Good work though!
Old September 18th, 2014 (02:36 PM).

Quote originally posted by Bowlstir:
Glad to hear that you finished a full storyline!
--------------
I'll try and test some of it out when I get the chance.
--------------
Thoughts:
The back sprite for Swampert looks a little big.
You need to give credit to RPG Maker and Pokemon Essential makers.
The plot that your Dad kicks you out is a little... Sad?
Are you aware of the Rom Hack Pokemon Topaz?

Finally, the walkthrough is a great addition.
--------------

Bowlstir
*I have no control over the size of the sprites since I got them from a pack, but I see what you mean.
*I do have them properly credited in the game itself, yet I see your point. Added.
*It's tough love.
*No, I'm not. I'm sure the word Gray is enough to separate the two. At least I hope, aha.

Thank you for the feedback!
Old September 18th, 2014 (03:28 PM).
Media Arts and Game Development

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Rosile:
*No, I'm not. I'm sure the word Gray is enough to separate the two. At least I hope, aha.

Thank you for the feedback!
Might want to give it a little more spice on the name and plot. Trust me, it's what draws people to your game.

And no problem, I hope this constructive criticism helped.

Old September 19th, 2014 (07:58 PM).
THE Chimchar Tamer

Nature: Bold
yes, I thought that the title seemed a little bland. You may want to change that.

I do like the long blond sprite. It reminded me of a Dragon Ball super saiyan.

Experience the Journey Here

Thank you Yet Another Logical Nerd for the avatar!
Old September 20th, 2014 (09:49 AM).

Is the name really that bad? I did put thought into the name. It's Black/White put together, and a birthstone that actually comes in that color. How can I get more creative than that? OTL

Meanwhile anyone that already downloaded the game, I have an update with some fixed issues that doesn't include the graphics/audio file here. This should save you a lot of time. Any changes in the future will include both a full and light version, with the light version located under the progress section. Do check back often!
Old September 21st, 2014 (10:33 AM).
Used Playrough!
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
Hmmm very simple i like it the only thing i dont like is the sprites they dont really look good maybe someone could help u or u could edit them later

Play!|Battle Server|Dark Type Club|Pokemon Clubs|Play!

[20:32:07]Squirrel: Dedenne1 is Cute!
Old September 22nd, 2014 (08:45 AM). Edited September 22nd, 2014 by Rosile.

I did the best I could with sprites. I'm not a professional or anything. ; w;

To everyone else: The newest update was mainly to nerf the Elite Four/Champion. Originally I had a 55-70 curve because of Hydreigon, but it came to my attention that this was unreasonable given the limited methods of grinding once you're past 55. So for the sake of fairness, I changed Hydreigon so he evolved at 60 instead, allowing me to change the curve to 52-65. (64 is way too late for a Pokémon to evolve anyway, am I alright?)

After torturing my alpha tester for a whole day, I managed to create a beatable Elite Four. How difficult they are will depend on your team *cough*pleasehaveicebeam*cough*, but I will accept any criticism/suggestions people have to improve the teams. Thank you.

P.S. Spruge was nerfed too, as you may have noticed. Originally Qwilfish had Poison Point with Minimize, Water Gun, Toxic Spikes, and Venoshock, but he was completely untouchable because of that. Replacing Minimize with Harden made the problem worse. Also, Crobat had Wing Attack, but two different STAB moves made him unreasonably difficult. What I have now instead might not be the best. Suggestions on how to improve?
Old September 23rd, 2014 (02:24 AM).
Used Playrough!
Gold Tier

I think it would be best if u could find some help with the sprites many games just edit the canon ones which makes it look unofficial and sloppy. There are many people on the community who are great at that and could help with other things! Idk about the storyline cause if people want to play they wont continue if it isnt a fun and invigorating story.

Old September 23rd, 2014 (07:15 PM).

Well I'm not against volunteers. ( o uo)

To everyone else: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEWEST UPDATE. Some of you might have noticed abilities weren't working properly. Well I found out why and fixed it, so it's very important you do this asap. I'll admit this happened because I messed with compiling, which was a bad idea from the start. Sorry for the trouble. OTL
Old September 23rd, 2014 (07:39 PM).

made an account so i could comment on this, game looks good and once it downloads i'll let you know more of what i think once i've played through it a little bit looks like a great game though
Old September 24th, 2014 (01:28 PM).

Hey everyone, I'm the previously mentioned first tester. A few things I feel need to be addressed. For one, let me assure you the story is great. If you've been looking for a darker, grittier, more intense Pokémon experience then you've found your game here. It's still a Pokémon game though so don't expect anything too dark and there are still PLENTY of lighthearted humorous moments thrown in. Can't say very much about it without giving too much away, you'll just have to trust me and play it for yourself, it's worth it.

Second point, this game ain't easy. You will need a full, at least decently well prepared team by the time you reach the second gym and onward. Some of the main story battles late in the game will see you against true competitive style teams that will use competition style tactics.

Third, this is a full length game with an approximately 20 hour main story (well that's how long the first test run took anyway), a full complement of story driven side quests, post game content to be added at a later date, And tons of hidden items and easter eggs for you to find. Talk to as many people in towns as you can and make sure you search every area completely because most of them actually have very worthwhile content and/or items. So have fun and enjoy. The entire game was made by one person and so far I've been the only tester. So don't be surprised if everything isn't perfect and feedback is most certainly welcomed as long as it's constructive. So stop reading this and start playing lol, I think most of you will really enjoy it .
Old September 24th, 2014 (02:41 PM).

Thanks, man. I'm gonna quote you in the first post. o wo
Old September 24th, 2014 (03:12 PM).
Used Playrough!
Gold Tier

Well I guess ill check out the new update and Happy Beta Testin hehe

Old September 24th, 2014 (07:09 PM).

am i the only one that gets an error message when trying to go into the graveyard? haha
Old September 25th, 2014 (08:41 AM).

Quote originally posted by noneofyourbus4:
am i the only one that gets an error message when trying to go into the graveyard? haha
Try again. I tested the newest version and it should work. Chances are it was a random crash. If it's still happening please screenshot it.
Old September 25th, 2014 (09:10 AM).

Try again. I tested the newest version and it should work. Chances are it was a random crash. If it's still happening please screenshot it.
yeah it was a random crash....it worked now i played for like 6 hours straight and kept getting the error message like 4 times in the same area but played it again today and its working fine now haha great game though really loving it
Old September 25th, 2014 (11:08 AM).

yeah it was a random crash....it worked now i played for like 6 hours straight and kept getting the error message like 4 times in the same area but played it again today and its working fine now haha great game though really loving it
Huh, weird. At least it's working now. Glad you're enjoying it. :3
Old September 25th, 2014 (04:26 PM). Edited September 27th, 2014 by noneofyourbus4.

Huh, weird. At least it's working now. Glad you're enjoying it. :3
yeah that is the main thing and as am I

Edit: I am 7 hours into the game, got my ass kicked by the 5th gym leader haha love it xD i love how i can sweep through this game at all and has some real degree of difficulty...also i feel the game is very slow due to not having running shoes or anything like that...haha
Old September 27th, 2014 (08:59 AM).

yeah that is the main thing and as am I

Edit: I am 7 hours into the game, got my ass kicked by the 5th gym leader haha love it xD i love how i can sweep through this game at all and has some real degree of difficulty...also i feel the game is very slow due to not having running shoes or anything like that...haha
You get the running shoes from your dad. Did you ever talk to him after getting your starter? It's in the walkthrough.
Old September 27th, 2014 (09:45 AM).

@noneofyourbus4

5th gym? Any rock type with take down is your best friend here. And other then the running shoes which you can get from dad any time you want there is also a free bicycle available on one of the routes. I forget which one exactly but it's the only with all the cyclists on it, makes sense no? XD Anyway, the one that gives it too you is the one quickly pedaling around in a square sort of pattern. Catch him and talk to him and you get a free bike. Good luck and keep having fun!
Old September 27th, 2014 (06:11 PM).

You get the running shoes from your dad. Did you ever talk to him after getting your starter? It's in the walkthrough.
haha my bad, and nah i dont like reading walkthroughs thanks for that though

@noneofyourbus4

5th gym? Any rock type with take down is your best friend here. And other then the running shoes which you can get from dad any time you want there is also a free bicycle available on one of the routes. I forget which one exactly but it's the only with all the cyclists on it, makes sense no? XD Anyway, the one that gives it too you is the one quickly pedaling around in a square sort of pattern. Catch him and talk to him and you get a free bike. Good luck and keep having fun!
yeah i've beaten it now haha i evolved Elekid and Pikachu and got it done xD yeah i noticed haha and yeah i'll have a look around haha thanks
Old October 8th, 2014 (09:45 AM).

Takon and Hojot are ready to be beta tested! Head to Knione to turn in your tickets.

I've decided to stick with v.13 until I'm finished with the post-game content. The final product will have v.14 integrated into it (or at least I'll try aha).
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links