The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Create & Discover > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page Demo POKÉMON INFINITE FUSION

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which of these potential features would you be most excited to see in the game?
Having all 721 Pokémon fusable in the game 332 38.60%
Three-way fusions 98 11.40%
Back sprites for fused Pokemon 81 9.42%
Pokemon having up to 4 types 61 7.09%
Fusing moves together 70 8.14%
Mega evolutions 125 14.53%
Online features (battles, trades, GTS) 52 6.05%
Animated sprites like in Gen 5 games 33 3.84%
Other (Please specify in thread) 8 0.93%
Voters: 860. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 22nd, 2015 (6:37 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by Schrroms.
Pokémon Infinite Fusion dev

Please take some time to answer this short survey to help guide the game's development on the right track!

We have a subreddit! Check it out /r/PokemonInfiniteFusion!
Pokemon Infinite Fusion

Demo 2.0 is now available! Scroll down to download it!

This is a game based on the pokemon.alexonsager.net Pokemon fusion generator.
This game re-introduces the DNA Splicers from Black and White 2... Except this time, you can use it on EVERY Pokémon!
Use them to combine any two Pokémon together into a completely new Pokémon, putting the total number of individual Pokemon available in the game to 22 801!

Features
  • Pokemon Fusion: Every Pokémon can be fused with any other Pokémon to create an entirely new species by using DNA Splicers!
  • Full Gen 5 style graphics: Revisit the Kanto region in the style of the 5th generation!
  • 22 801 Pokémon: All with unique sprites, movesets, stats and everything else that a regular Pokemon would have.
  • New areas: Find loads of previously unseen areas in the Kanto region
  • Trainer House: Take part in the trainer house challenge in Viridian City to battle against trainers with teams of completely random Pokémon to earn Trainer Points that you can spend on great prizes! (Not in current demo yet)
  • Nicknaming Pokémon directly from the menu
  • Fairy type
  • Sidequests
  • Wild double battles
  • Faster Day/Night system
And a lot more!

Download

2.0 Full download:

Demo 2.3 download link

Full Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/44b5a6qu59t33h4/InfiniteFusion2.3.7z
Updating from an earlier version
http://www.mediafire.com/download/85pv21x12h0fvjg/InfiniteFusion2.2.1-patch.zip

Important: If you are updating from an earlier version, you might get stuck if you last saved in a map that no longer exists. These maps depend on which version you're updating from.
To be safe, I suggest you save inside of a Pokémon Center before updating and you shouldn't run into any problems.

Changelog
Spoiler:

• Bugfixes
  • Added two new quests in Celadon City hotel
  • Added items in Safari Zone
  • Bugfixes
  • Added Eevee in Celadon City
  • Added Rock Tunnel, Lavender Town, Pokémon Tower, Celadon City, Celadon Sewers, Fuchsia City, and all the routes in between.
  • Story up to Fuchsia City (5th badge)
  • Added female protagonist
  • Revamped several older maps such as Pallet Town, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 3 and Route 9.
  • Added hotels in most cities as a hub for sidequests
  • Added dozens of sidequests
  • Added music when seen by trainers
  • Added unreal time system: 1 day = 24 minutes
  • Added a few custom fused Pokémon sprites
  • Added TMs/HMs
  • Changed a few Pokémon types (see FAQ)
  • Added Trainer House: Battle facility where you fight teams of random Pokémon to earn points.
  • Added new intro at the start of a new game
  • Changed message boxes to BW-styled speech bubbles
  • And a lot more stuff for you to discover on your own!

Older versions
Spoiler:

• New maps for Viridian Forest, Viridian City, Pewter City, Route 1, Route 3, and Route 9.
  • Updated Gym Leader teams
  • Fixed the bug with Cut
  • Removed Aerodactyl gift from the museum
  • Fixed evolution bug
  • Resized fused Pokemon sprites
  • Added shinies
  • Added button to toggle auto-run
  • Added small surprise at the end of the demo!
  • Various small bug fixes
  • Increased chance of encountering regular Pokémon
  • Added items in various locations
  • Modified types (Hopefully this doesn't mess up your teams too much, sorry!)
  • Added screen for fusing Pokémon with the DNA Splicers
  • Slightly modified encounters
  • Changed the way stats are calculated (body: HP, ATK, DEF + 10 , head: SDEF, SATK, SPD +10)
  • Fusions are now determined according to gender
Bugs fixed
  • Fixed Pokemon species having missing names
  • Fixed fused Pokémon stats
  • Fixed player not being able to use Cut after talking to the Captain on the S.S. Anne
  • Game crashing when player encounters a double battle with less than 1 Pokemon in party
  • Player being sent to a Pokemart instead of home when blacking out before entering Viridian City's Pokemon Center.
  • Blue not taking the pokeballs in prof Oak's lab
  • Game crashing when player speaks with Pokemart assistant on Route 1
  • Various clipping bugs
  • House in Viridian City teleporting the player into a pole
1.4 - 1.4.1 - 1.4.2
  • Minor tweaks and fixes
1.3:
  • Various bugfixes
  • Included the dll with the RMXP library for compatibility issues
  • Added Route 6
  • Added Vermillion City
  • Added Route 9
  • Added Route 10
  • Added Route 11
  • Added wild double battles
  • Added time of the day lighting (too subtle maybe?)
1.2:
  • Added the Magikarp vendor on route 3
1.1 :
  • Fixed a few bugs
  • Added Aerodactyl, Kabuto and Omanyte when you get their fossils for the sake of having more variety in the early game (will likely be removed once Cinnabar Island is reachable)

The demo ends at Fuschia City. Don't be surprised, the file is a lot larger than other Essentials games. There are lots of files in there, most of them sprites. The game folder is a little over 1gb when extracted so don't be surprised if It takes a while to extract everything.

If you see any bugs in the demo (even small ones) or if you have any comments, suggestions about things you'd like to change, or if you just want to share your team, don't hesitate to post it in this thread!

[/CENTER]

FAQ
Spoiler:

I get lots of questions concerning the Fusion mechanism, so here's a section answering some of the most frequent ones.
Also, make sure to check this Reddit thread for some more explanations on the game's mechanics.

How does evolution work in the game?

Each halves of a fused Pokemon evolve separately.
So for Squirtle + Pidgey, you'll get:
Squirtgey -lvl16-> Wargey -lv18--> Wareotto -lv36--> Blasteot
Same thing with Pokemon that evolve with stone
As a note, trade evolutions now evolve at level 40.

How about the stats? How are they calculated?
As of demo 2.0, stats are determined by a weighted average of individual stats.
Stats associated with the body (Attack, Defense and Speed) will be given more weight for the body's Pokemon while Special stats (Sp. Attack, Sp.Defense and HP) will be given more weight for the head's Pokemon)

So basically, the base stats will be calculated as such:
HP: (2/3) * headHP)) + ((1/3)*bodyHP))
Atk: (2/3) * bodyAtk)) + ((1/3)*headAtk))
Def: (2/3) * bodyDef)) + ((1/3)*headDef))
SpAtk: (2/3) * headSpAtk)) + ((1/3)*bodySpAtk))
SpDef: (2/3) * headSpDef)) + ((1/3)*bodySpDef))
Spd: (2/3) * bodySpd)) + ((1/3)*headSpd))

So for example, let's take a fusion between Gyarados and Caterpie .
Gyarados (HP:95 , Atk:125, Def:79 , SpAtk:60 , SpDef:100 Spd:81 )
Caterpie (HP:45 , Atk:30, Def:35 , SpAtk:20 , SpDef:20 Spd:45 )

A fusion of Gyarados as the body and Caterpie as the head would have the following stats:
Caterdos: (HP:62 , Atk:93, Def:64 , SpAtk:33 , SpDef:47, Spd:69 )

While a fusion of Caterpie as the body and Gyarados as the head would have those stats:
Gyarapie: (HP:78 , Atk:62, Def:50 , SpAtk:47 , SpDef:73, Spd:57 )

How are the types determined?

Type is determined according to the first type of the head/color Pokémon and the second type of the body Pokémon (first if it only has 1 type)
If the two types are the same, then it will be single-type.

Here are a few examples to help you visualize it better:

Bellsprout (Grass/Poison) + Mr. Mime (Psychic/Fairy) -> Bellmime (Grass/Fairy)
Kadabra (Psychic) + Zapdos (Electric/Flying) -> Kadados (Psychic/Flying)
Geodude (Rock/Ground) + Mew (Psychic) -> Geoew (Rock/Psychic)
Tentacool (Water/Poison) + Zubat (Poison/Flying) -> Zucool (Water/Flying)
Zubat (Poison/Flying) + Tentacool (Water/Poison) -> Zucool (Poison)

There are some exceptions. Normal/Flying types are considered single-type Flying, Gyarados is considered single-type water and the Ghastly line are considered single-type ghost.

How can I know which Pokemon will be the body and which one will be the head when fusing two Pokemon?
Whichever Pokemon is the highest level will be the body. The other will be the head and color.

What about movesets?

A fused Pokemon gets the full movesets of both parents.
So Blastizard will learn Hydro Pump at level 60 and then Inferno at level 62.

Which ability does a fused Pokemon get?

Fused Pokemon can get either of the first ability of each parent.

I don't like the way my fusion turned out. Can I undo it?

At the moment, no. I'm planning on making it possible to unfuse Pokemon by the going to the lab in Cinnabar Island, but this hasn't been done yet.
I suggest you save before you use DNA Splicers. That way you can just reset the game if you end up with something you dislike.

The sprites are ugly! Can't you just remake them by hand?

Even if I was a good spriter (which I'm not), there are over 20k possible combinations in the game so it's simply unrealistic to do everything by hand. I might try to add some kind of filter eventually to make them easier to look at if I find something that works well.

How does the game deal with trade evolutions
Pokemon that normally evolve by trading in the official games have been changed so that they now evolve at level 40.
This is true for all Pokemon that evolve by trading in gen 1 (Kadabra, Haunter, Machoke, Graveler)
Those are the only Pokemon whose evolution method was changed. The rest is all like in the official games.

Where can I find a list of which Pokemon can be found where?
As a general rule, the encounter locations are the same as the official gen 1 games and their remakes, with altered encounter rates to account for the fact that all Pokemon are available in one version.
Here's a pastebin of the encounter data (it's not ordered, but Ctrl+F is your friend!)
http://pastebin.com/hb1xy7BD
It might not be 100% up to date, but it should give a good idea of the Pokemon distribution. Tell me if you notice it's really wrong and I'll update it with the most recent file.

How long is the demo?
Demo v2.0 ends after you get the 5th badge in Fuschia City.
Depending on how fast you go, it should probably take you anywhere from 10 to 15 hours to finish it.

Will I be able to reuse my save file in later releases of the demo?
Normally you should be able to, but I can't promise anything. As long as you make sure to be in a map that hasn't changed, there shouldn't be any problems.
Keep in mind that some older areas will have changed a lot too though, so it might be nice to start a new game as well!

How did you add that many Pokemon to your game?
I extracted the sprites from pokemon.alexonsager.net and wrote a script in java to generate the information for every Pokemon and automatically write the pokemon.txt file that Essential uses.
Why is the download taking so long?
There are over 90 000 sprites in total including shinies and backsprites (which aren't actually backsprites, but still have to be separate sprites).

I can't find Flash to get through Rock Tunnel, where is it?
The scientist on the top floor of hotels will give it to you after you've completed 4 quests.

I'm trying to come up with a way to reduce the amount of images in the future (putting every sprites in one picture and have the game read their position in that file for instance), but this is still a very early work in progress at this point.

General vision of the game
Spoiler:

This game is all about having as many possibilities as possible and giving the player the choice to experiment with them. No two playthroughs will ever be the same due to the sheer amount of possible team combinations.
The game is being developed with Pokemon Essentials on RPG Maker XP. This was originally going to be a rom hack of Fire Red. But memory issues proved this to be much harder than anticipated, so RPG Maker with Pokemon Essentials was chosen instead. Because of this, the storyline sticks to the original Gen 1 games. Do not expect a completely original storyline and npc dialogs even though the region was completely remade in 5th gen graphics. It's more of a remake in spirit.

The region is more or less the same except for one big difference. You guessed it, there are fused Pokemon. You can encounter fused Pokemon in the wild, just like you can encounter regular Pokemon. In every area, you can find the Pokemon you'd normally find them, plus every possible fusions between the Pokemon that live in this area.
So for example, on Route 1 you can find Pidgey and Rattata, which you can normally find there, but you can also find Ratgey and Pidtata.
Legendary Pokemon will not be fused in the wild, but you'll still be able to manually fuse them with any other Pokemon. You only get one of each though so fusing your precious Mewtwo with a Caterpie might not be the wisest choice. You're still allowed to do it if you so choose though!

The DNA Splicers from B2/W2 makes a comeback, but as a regular item this time. They can be used to fuse any two normal Pokemon together. They're only good for one use, but you can find more in every PokeMart.

Trainers will use Pokemon fusions. They will mostly use fusions of Pokemon that aren't found in the same area. That way, they will be different from the ones you see in the wild. Wild fused-Pokemon, while already very diverse, are only a small fraction of the massive Pokedex. This will give the player the opportunity to think "Oh that combination looks cool, I should try it" and give him an incentive to experiment with manually fusing Pokemon instead of just using the ones you find in the wild. Some trainers will also offer you to trade any of your Pokemon for one of their's after you fight them or give you items.

Progress
Spoiler:

Currently implemented features
All 22 650 Pokemon fusions, all with regular/shiny front sprites, movesets, stats, evolution levels, etc.
DNA Splicers (Item to fuse any two Pokemon together)
Wild encounters (both regular and fused pokemon can be encountered)
Double WIld encounters (There's a chance to have a double battle during a wild encounter)
All Pokedex entries
Story/gyms/trainers/maps up to Rock Tunnel

Planned features

Triple/Quadruple typed Pokemon This is actually fully functional at the moment, but it won't be implemented until demo 3.0.
Dual type attacks The way 3-4 typed Pokemon has been implemented also opens the way for dual type attacks. This will certainly be used for move fusions if I ever implement them. Otherwise, I will still likely make some vanilla moves double typed.
Here's a potential list (Note: none of these are final or currently in the game)
Spoiler:

http://pastebin.com/iGgj0A4a
This list is just a result of me going through the moves and picking moves that COULD be dual-typed. It's unlikely that all of them will be made dual-typed. Also it's more of a cosmetic thing for status moves since the type doesn't really affect anything but then again, it works the same for single type status moves.

If you think a move that doesnt's appear in there should become dual typed or if you disagree with some of the moves I've chosen, please tell me in the thread explaining why!

More generations I am planning on adding Pokemon from newer generations. The goal is to add all of gen 2 for demo 4.0 (or earlier if possible). This would quadruble the current number of fusions in the game. Subsequent generations might follow afterwards, depending on how it goes.
Backsprites The custom generator will also make it possible to add backsprites for every single fused Pokemon. No more Pokemon looking back right at you when battling!
Moves fusions (maybe, the tests I've done on that haven't been too conclusive so we'll see... )
Items that can replace HMs: Lantern(Flash), Machete(Cut), Pickaxe(Rock Smash), Surfboard(Surf), Lever(Strength), Teleporter(Teleport), Scuba Gear(Dive), Eon Flute(Fly)
Type changes for some Pokemon: Arbok(Poison/Dark), Persian(Dark/Normal), Pinsir(Bug/Steel), Gyarados(Water/Dark), Seadra(Water/Dragon)
Note: In Demo 2.0 and 2.1, Blastoise is Water/Steel and Chansey is Fairy. This is a mistake and they will be reverted to their original typings in the next update/patch)

Soaring (Will be activated by using Fly. The current function of Fly is replaced by Teleport (which is now an attacking move))
Stackable status conditions (nerfed compared to current effects when single, buffed when double)
WonderTrade simulator
Online battling/trading
Celadon University Post-game battle facility similar to Battle Frontier
Backsprites
French translation? Maybe eventually when everything else is done if I still feel like putting time into the game. French is my native language and I know there are a few french speaking fans, so maybe.

Story
Spoiler:

Two years ago, Team Rocket has introduced Pokefusions into the wild. Ever since, Pokemon Fusion have become widely used by trainers and the economy of Kanto has been blooming. However, Team Rocket appears to also be wanting to use Pokemon Fusion technology for far darker motives...

I'm not putting a huge focus on plot with this game to be fair, so story probably isn't going to be a major feature of the game. Expect your general Pokemon experience of having a rival, gathering gym badges, challenging the elite four, etc. The usual restrictions on progression (you must have this gym badge to continue, etc.) will apply to keep a sense of progression and keep the player to go in areas with overleveled Pokemon and trainers.
The basic plot has been mapped out but I'm always open to suggestions.
I also so want to expend the Mewtwo/Cinnabar arc so it'd be nice to hear ideas on that as well.

New areas in Kanto
Spoiler:

Aside from the regular Kanto areas, I also plan on having completely new explorable areas (because let's face it, everyone knows Kanto and there isn't much left to discover about it). It's all about having many areas with different combinations of Pokemon (and so a wider variety of wild PokeFusions).

Cinnabar volcano Cinnabar will have an actual volcano that you can explore. Inside you'll find a bunch of fire and rock Pokemon such as Magmar, Rhydon, etc. Cinnabar's gym is located within the volcano. This dungeon is also the new location of Moltres.

Celadon SewersA completely new dungeon that sprawls under Celadon City with wild Grimers and such.

Viridian River A river route that extends east of Viridian City. At the end of it you'll find some ruins of an ancient civilization.

Pewter Valley A mountainous route South of Route 3 where you can find many strong Pokémon.

Underwater: Dive will be a HM in the game so you'll be able to explore the depths of Kanto's water for the first time! They will mostly be located around Cinnabar Island and the surrounding areas. Some will provide access to otherwise unaccessible islands. You'll find a variety of Pokemon you'd normally only find by fishing such as Shellder, Krabby, etc.

Extended Safari Zone Aside from the old areas, the safari zone will also have a cave area, a mountains area, maybe a snowy area (if it doesn't clash too much with the rest) and I'm thinking of maybe including a special area where you can catch wild prehistoric Pokemon. This is something I've always wanted in a Pokemon game. I know there are only 5 prehistoric Pokemon in the game, but including the fusions that gives us 25 possible Pokemon for that area which is pretty decent.
The Safari zone is definitely one of the coolest places in the game to discover fused Pokemon in the wild because of the wide variety of Pokemon there. Each area of the safari zone should have more or less 150-200 individual Pokemon you can encounter in them (as opposed to ~30-60 in most other areas) so it's all pretty exciting!

Mt. Silver Not really new I guess, but it's going to be there! There won't be any Johto Pokemon though, unless I decide to add Pokemon from other generations (which would be cool but a LOT of work). And obviously you won't be able to fight Red on top because... well you're playing as him! There might be another surprise there though... You'll have to find out for yourself!

Faraway Island Again, not really new but it's going to be much bigger. You'll be able to access it via a boat in Cinnabar. It's not going to be just a small island, but rather an actual jungle filled with jungle dwelling Pokemon. You'll be able to find Pokemon like Victreebel, Vileplume, Scyther, Exeggcutor, Venomoth, Pinsir, the Bulbasaur line, etc. and all the possible fusions between them of course. And of course, that's where you'll find Mew! Aside from the truck in Vermillion

Keep in mind, those are only ideas at this stage and they're all subject to change. I definitely want to add more completely new areas to make the world even more diverse and open, but while staying true to the map.
I'm considering the forest area between Saffron and Viridian, the island east of route 14, the water route between Vermilion and the cycling road, or the mountains north of Pewter. But none of these are set in stone and I'm all for ideas of areas you'd like to see so suggest away!

Videos
Here's a trailer for demo 2.0!

More videos
Spoiler:

This is a preview of the Trainer House. It's a Battle facility in which you face teams of random Pokémon!
There's only a 0.000000000009% chance of facing the same team twice! (ie, it won't happen!)

Screenshots

Older screenshots
Spoiler:

July 2015

June 9th 2015
Spoiler:

Vermillion City

A simplified Blackjack minigame I put in for fun

Recently implemented wild double battles (will be in demo 1.3)

The entrance to Rock Tunnel

Route 9

A battle against a trainer

May 6th 2015
Spoiler:

The ridiculously tedious to navigate Pokedex (this will be fixed eventually!)

You tend to see a lot of those in caves.

May 1st 2015
Spoiler:

April 22nd 2015
Spoiler:

That's not going to be in the final game, obviously!

Credits
Spoiler:

##########################################################
### General graphics / Music / Intellectual property ###
###########################################################
Nintendo
GameFreak
### Fused Pokemon Sprites/Fused Pokemon names ###
##########################################################
Alexonsager (http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/)
#### Pokemon Essentials ###
Maruno (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki)
### Sprites ###
Rick1234 (BW overworld sprites)
Hankiro (Oak backsprite) (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Hankiro/media/ProfOakBackSprite.png.html)
Misty VS sprite by luckygirl88 (http://luckygirl88.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-BW-Misty-Sprite-Sheet-268364830)
Lorelei VS sprite by Nalty (http://nalty.deviantart.com/art/Lorelei-VS-Sprite-177184960)
### Maps ###
BenGames,Films, and More! (Pokemon Adventures in Kanto)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=303850

Zeak6464 (Kanto Map pack)
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345591

(Tilesets were made by : )
### Tilesets: ###
Jorginho (OutsideEmerald)
ThatsSoWitty (Cave) (http://thatssowitty.deviantart.com/art/The-Public-Pokemon-Tileset-281342410)
Tao (Chai-Tao) and Watertrainer (Pokemon SolarLight/LunarDark)
-> In the process of being removed.
### Music ###
Pokeli https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2ccJMFWSbjklOQESSBP_dw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ohkADYWCYE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EWYYzRSpMM
TailDoll666100 (Lavender Tower) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cijOh7i7KI
Pokemon Center Guitar : lonlonjp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMDMs-Zb3Qk
Team Rocket hideout: Kazune Sawatari http://kazune8390.g.ribbon.to/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frcGm7DRWX8
### Region map ###
Pokemon-Diamond (http://www.deviantart.com/art/Kanto-BW-styled-map-275298527)

### Scripts ###
Bag Script:
Erasus (Pokecommunity)

Animated Title Screen (modified):
Luka S.J.

Randomized Pokemon Script:
Umbreon (Pokecommunity)

Unreal time system
by FL

Water bubble script
KleinStudio (http://kleinstudio.deviantart.com/art/SCRIPT-Water-Bubbles-add-on-for-Essentials-535907963)
Graphics ripped by Zenionith (http://zenionith.deviantart.com/)

Footprints script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=6)

Sootgrass script
KleinStudio (http://pokemonfangames.com/script.php?id=11)
### Playtesting ###
raoul_d (http://www.reddit.com/user/raoul_d)

Again, I'm absolutely open to ideas on features, how certain mechanics should be done, etc.
Feedback is always much appreciated of course.

~~Will edit as I progress~~

Relevant Advertising!

Old April 25th, 2015 (5:31 AM).

this is actually interesting. The names are funny and make me laugh but yeah! Definitely out of the ordinary!
Old April 26th, 2015 (3:54 PM).

I don't want to sound like I'm accusing you of plagiarism right off the bat without even knowing much about your game, but in that first screenshot, isn't the red-haired boy Rick from Solar Light and Lunar Dark? He has the exact same overworld sprite.
Old April 26th, 2015 (4:07 PM).

Nature: Careful
If anything, it's a recolor of Gary's sprite. Can't really put any special claims on it.
Old April 26th, 2015 (5:57 PM). Edited April 26th, 2015 by Schrroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISSUEPAPERGHOST View Post
I don't want to sound like I'm accusing you of plagiarism right off the bat without even knowing much about your game, but in that first screenshot, isn't the red-haired boy Rick from Solar Light and Lunar Dark? He has the exact same overworld sprite.
ah yes you got me!
I didn't have a Gary overworld so I used this one as a placeholder since it looks kinda similar. It won't be there for the demo, don't worry!

Here's a version with the correct sprite,just for you.
Old April 29th, 2015 (6:50 AM).

Nice project; looking forward to seeing how this progresses
Old May 30th, 2015 (6:29 PM). Edited May 30th, 2015 by noneofyourbus4.

i love it...i've finished up to where the demo ends the game is great so far haha i did run into an error once when i viewed the pokedex it seemed to only happen after searching though...and it crashed but other then that there hasnt been anything too serious haha cant wait for the next update!

found a gamebreaking area just north of cerulean after beating the nugget bridge running to this spot freezes game...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_boSAMI8Tsrn6xpFuoSGQ Be sure to check out my youtube channel where i do Pokemon lets plays and Nuzlockes as well as other content
Old May 31st, 2015 (8:10 AM). Edited May 31st, 2015 by Schrroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneofyourbus4 View Post
i love it...i've finished up to where the demo ends the game is great so far haha i did run into an error once when i viewed the pokedex it seemed to only happen after searching though...and it crashed but other then that there hasnt been anything too serious haha cant wait for the next update!

found a gamebreaking area just north of cerulean after beating the nugget bridge running to this spot freezes game...
Thanks! I'll upload a new version with the nugget bridge bug fixed. I'll look into the Pokedex glitch too, but the Pokedex is to be completely remade eventually anyway.

I'm glad that you enjoyed the demo!
Old June 2nd, 2015 (12:57 AM).

I downloaded the demon but and completely unable to play it, i get this error
Old June 2nd, 2015 (2:05 PM). Edited June 2nd, 2015 by Schrroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliencommander1245 View Post
I downloaded the demon but and completely unable to play it, i get this error
In Game.ini, try changing RGSS100J.dll to one of those:

RGSS101J.dll
RGSS102J.dll
RGSS102E.dll

and see if that works.
Old June 2nd, 2015 (11:29 PM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrroms View Post
In Game.ini, try changing RGSS100J.dll to one of those:

RGSS101J.dll
RGSS102J.dll
RGSS102E.dll

and see if that works.
No luck with those unfortunately
Old June 3rd, 2015 (2:24 PM).

Quote:
No luck with those unfortunately
Here's the .dll
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1k3mfbat41a31d/RGSS100J.dll

Try putting it in the game folder. If it works, tell me and I'll include it in the .zip for future releases.
If it doesn't work, try putting it in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 or C:\Windows\System32

If that doesn't work either, then I really don't know!
Old June 3rd, 2015 (11:12 PM).

It's spitting out another error now
[spoiler] http://gyazo.com/d6d9c4660b748de2bdab9c7838fa27dd [/spoile]
Old June 4th, 2015 (2:10 PM).

Quote:
It's spitting out another error now
[spoiler] http://gyazo.com/d6d9c4660b748de2bdab9c7838fa27dd [/spoile]
Damn.
Just remove 'Standard' from the line that says RTP1=Standard in game.ini and I think it should work.
Sorry about that!
Old June 5th, 2015 (3:47 AM).

i just searched the problems on google and found downloads for them haha not that difficult to find

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-_boSAMI8Tsrn6xpFuoSGQ Be sure to check out my youtube channel where i do Pokemon lets plays and Nuzlockes as well as other content
Old June 16th, 2015 (3:50 PM). Edited June 16th, 2015 by Schrroms.

I just finished a playthrough of the latest demo (to find bugs mostly) and I thought it'd be fun to share what my team looked like by the end of the demo.

So here it is!

That was just before Rock Tunnel, with a bit over 5 hours of gameplay.
It's far from being a well balanced team, but I think they're pretty cool!
Old June 20th, 2015 (9:54 PM). Edited June 20th, 2015 by NBCthulu.

Hey so I think stats are combining incorrectly.
This Gyarados+Aerodactyl mix should have the following base stats based off averaging of the two
Code:
HP: 87.5
ATK: 115
Def: 72
SP ATK: 60
SP Def: 87.5
Speed: 105.5
However the stats it has don't match up. The stats (not base) I got are
This is level 20
Code:
HP: 68
ATK: 55
Def: 36
SP ATK: 44
SP Def: 45
Speed: 37
It has an impish nature. Speed is obviously way too low. Like it's speed should be 51-58. Special attack should be 29-35. It's too high instead. All the stat values are off.

I'd post a picture of it, but I need 5 posts.
Also a minor nitpick, but it'd be nice if an exception for gyarados was made so that it's retain water type regardless, acting like a single water type.

Looking at my pidgey mankey combo, it also has wonky stats. It also has incredibly low speed. It should have a base stat of 63, but the value I'm getting suggests the base stat is something like 23.
Old June 21st, 2015 (7:57 AM). Edited June 21st, 2015 by Schrroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBCthulu View Post
Hey so I think stats are combining incorrectly.
This Gyarados+Aerodactyl mix should have the following base stats based off averaging of the two
Code:
HP: 87.5
ATK: 115
Def: 72
SP ATK: 60
SP Def: 87.5
Speed: 105.5
However the stats it has don't match up. The stats (not base) I got are
This is level 20
Code:
HP: 68
ATK: 55
Def: 36
SP ATK: 44
SP Def: 45
Speed: 37
It has an impish nature. Speed is obviously way too low. Like it's speed should be 51-58. Special attack should be 29-35. It's too high instead. All the stat values are off.

I'd post a picture of it, but I need 5 posts.
Also a minor nitpick, but it'd be nice if an exception for gyarados was made so that it's retain water type regardless, acting like a single water type.

Looking at my pidgey mankey combo, it also has wonky stats. It also has incredibly low speed. It should have a base stat of 63, but the value I'm getting suggests the base stat is something like 23.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. And I agree about Gyarados. I think I'll add an exception for it, like I already do for the Gastly line.

Edit: Looking at the PBS file, Gyaradactyl has base stats of 87,115,72,60,87,105, which is how it should be, so I'm not sure what's causing this. Did you evolve it from something or did you directly fuse a Gyarados with an Aerodactyl? This might help me to find the source of the problem.
Old June 22nd, 2015 (4:43 AM).

Just started playing! Keep up the great work! Can you incorporate battling other users? That would be amazing
Old June 23rd, 2015 (9:50 PM). Edited June 24th, 2015 by NBCthulu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrroms View Post
Thanks for letting me know, I'll look into it. And I agree about Gyarados. I think I'll add an exception for it, like I already do for the Gastly line.

Edit: Looking at the PBS file, Gyaradactyl has base stats of 87,115,72,60,87,105, which is how it should be, so I'm not sure what's causing this. Did you evolve it from something or did you directly fuse a Gyarados with an Aerodactyl? This might help me to find the source of the problem.
I combined a Aerodactyl with a magikarp as the base (the 500 poke one)

Also it'd be nice if Charizard maintained it's primary typing when fused
Old June 28th, 2015 (10:03 PM). Edited June 29th, 2015 by Raoul_D.
Dusclopsian Game Tester

Nature: Modest
I have decided that I will Nuzlocke this run. I'm really looking forwards to seeing and fixing the whole thing

EDIT: Lost in the first battle. If we discount that, I lost in the second battle
Old June 30th, 2015 (4:38 AM). Edited June 30th, 2015 by Heaven Canceler.

I was a bit surprised that this uses unusual sprites instead of the Standard Pokemon overworld sprites. If I may suggest, could you maybe make the running shoes toggle-able instead of having to Keep pushing the button?

Also, I have experienced a bug where I go to Viridian City and walk into the mart, when I move outside, I end up inside the street light next to the store and cannot move anywhere.

Edit: Also, not getting healed up after the first Battle with my rival was a surprise.

Double Edit: Also, sometimes wild Pokemon do not attack or do anything and instead just sit around and let me attack without anything.
Old June 30th, 2015 (6:12 AM). Edited June 30th, 2015 by Schrroms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven Canceler View Post
I was a bit surprised that this uses unusual sprites instead of the Standard Pokemon overworld sprites. If I may suggest, could you maybe make the running shoes toggle-able instead of having to Keep pushing the button?
Will do. This should be easy enough.

Quote:
Also, I have experienced a bug where I go to Viridian City and walk into the mart, when I move outside, I end up inside the street light next to the store and cannot move anywhere.
Aww crap, I shifted the map to the side a bit, but forgot to update the warps. Thanks for letting me know.

Quote:
Edit: Also, not getting healed up after the first Battle with my rival was a surprise.
Didn't think of that. Will fix.

Quote:
Double Edit: Also, sometimes wild Pokemon do not attack or do anything and instead just sit around and let me attack without anything.
Yeah, this is a known bug. This should be fixed once I upgrade to the newest version of Essentials. In the meantime, I like to pretend that it's a feature!
Old June 30th, 2015 (10:04 AM).

Can you get normal Pokemon through breeding? Like, if I breed a Fusion of Squirtle with say Pidgey, with a Ditto, can I get Squirtle eggs? Is there a way planned to catch the remaining Starters or otherwise get them?

Can you, or are you planning to add the Feature for fused Pokemon to evolve? Can a fused Pokemon that uses Eevee as its main form evolve into the different elemental forms of Eevee with the other Pokemon fused too?

I saw that the other game using this Fusion Feature was taken down by Nintendo... anyone know why they did that? They don't seem generally bothered by fangames, so I wonder if they are likely to go after this game too if it becomes succesful.
Old June 30th, 2015 (10:39 AM).

Quote:
Can you get normal Pokemon through breeding? Like, if I breed a Fusion of Squirtle with say Pidgey, with a Ditto, can I get Squirtle eggs? Is there a way planned to catch the remaining Starters or otherwise get them?

Can you, or are you planning to add the Feature for fused Pokemon to evolve? Can a fused Pokemon that uses Eevee as its main form evolve into the different elemental forms of Eevee with the other Pokemon fused too?

I saw that the other game using this Fusion Feature was taken down by Nintendo... anyone know why they did that? They don't seem generally bothered by fangames, so I wonder if they are likely to go after this game too if it becomes succesful.
Breeding isn't implemented yet, but yes I plan to do it in more or less the same way as you described.

Both parts of fused Pokemon evolve separately. So for instance, the evolution line of the Squirtle + Pidgey fusion would go like this:
Squirtgey -- lv16-> Wartorgey --lv18-> Wartoeotto --lv36--> Blasteot
Likewise, a fusion of Eevee + Squirtle will be able to evolve in Vaportle, Joltle or Flaretle.

Starters can be found (very rarely) in the wild in specific areas (that aren't yet in the demo, so don't bother looking for now!)

As for the game getting taken down by Nintendo, the only thing I can say is that I hope it doesn't happen! But I wouldn't be in a position to really be able to do anything about it if it did happen, unfortunately.

Sponsored Links