The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 2nd, 2011, 10:04 AM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
jv, this game is very fun, the graphics are nice, but there are some problems. after you fight your first chinymunk the prof. comes up to you and gives you a pokedex when you already have one? i dont think that flager should have ember this early in the game at lv 5 it makes the game to easy, anyways great game dude.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 11:10 AM
GFA
Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Way to break the Scroll Bar wiith that first post -.-

Keep up the good work.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 04:48 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
JV i froze once in the lab, another error the right window of the starter home you can go through.
Another error, when i went into the grass for the first time before the Professor gives me a pokedex i found a wild pokemon, bit strange to find a wild pokemon without a pokedex?

More Errors, When you get confused, theres not like thing around your head lmfao. *EDIT* most attacks aint the moves they should be.
When your pokemon die he goes through the background map, just looks a bit weird.
And why does a bug catcher have a non bug type pokemon?
I reckon you should make the catcher have two bug type pokemon, like the same pokemon, instead of having one bug and one normal (correct if im wrong cos in the pokedex it doesn't say what type they are)

Another bug, you cant go down the escalator in the pokemon center,
You cant go in the flower shop in the first town, or the house next to it, and theres nothing saying its locked
When you go into the first cave the entrance is buggy

In the 2nd town if you stand next to the light next to the gym leaders house to the left, and on the left side of the light trying to walk leftwards you get stuck and cant move.
Most doors in this game seem to be bugged, for e.g in the 2nd town, the gym leaders house door is very buggy. Actualy it seems like the hole tile is screwed you can walk through it from any direction
You can walk on the walls in the first gym.

Suggestion, When you catch a pokemon, normally you see the ball click but when you catch a pokemon in this game it doesn't click after 2 rolls you catch it and the ball goes away.

Normally, when i obtain something from some1, e.g pokeball, you don't here the music lol
World map dosent work.
In the starter town, when you go back to Theos house after a while it still says his crying in there, when he would be out battling
IDK how this happend, but the move thunder shock is bugged when you obtain the pokemon that has it.
In Route 3, theres a trainer walking on water.
Found wild pokemon in the gym lol..
Route 04, if you stand next to the Pokemon trainer next to the boulder, a random trainer comes running past u and starts flying everywhere, and if you move away it goes away

Screenshots might help .
Sorry about quality, zooming in to the image will help http://img375.imageshack.us/f/screenshot1oxt.png/
http://img156.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2tc.png/

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3ei.png/ ERmm??? whats with that house, also with the name raters house why is it a 4 story house outside when its on got one story in inside? Also house next to Pokemon center, can't go inside.
Tile error http://img524.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3rk.png/

ANYWAY THATS ALL FOR TODAY UP TO ROUTE 04.... VERY NICE GAME I LOVE IT, VERY ADDICTIVE, WILL CONTINUE TOMMOROW THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK JV! AND THE CREW

Last edited by ProdigyX; January 2nd, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:05 PM
~Turtwig~
Hello Peoplez

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyX View Post
Another error, when i went into the grass for the first time before the Professor gives me a pokedex i found a wild pokemon, bit strange to find a wild pokemon without a pokedex?
Umm have you ever played a real pokemon game?
in hg/ss you have to walk through 2 routes and a town until you get a pokedex
and
in fr/lg you have to walk through the same route twice without a pokedex

and also thats not really even an error

GAMES I SUPPORT:
Spoiler:

Others I support may not have support banners or I can't find them!
Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:04 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

@ Turt it is a error, because the 2nd i am ment to walk through the post, i am ment to receive a pokedex, but instead i encounter wild Pokemon. Which bugs up anyway cos i looked at the pokedex and the pokemon i encountered didn't show up.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:34 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
JV i froze once in the lab, another error the right window of the starter home you can go through.

More Errors, When you get confused, theres not like thing around your head lmfao. *EDIT* most attacks aint the moves they should be.
When your pokemon die he goes through the background map, just looks a bit weird.
And why does a bug catcher have a non bug type pokemon?
I reckon you should make the catcher have two bug type pokemon, like the same pokemon, instead of having one bug and one normal (correct if im wrong cos in the pokedex it doesn't say what type they are)

Another bug, you cant go down the escalator in the pokemon center,
You cant go in the flower shop in the first town, or the house next to it, and theres nothing saying its locked
When you go into the first cave the entrance is buggy

In the 2nd town if you stand next to the light next to the gym leaders house to the left, and on the left side of the light trying to walk leftwards you get stuck and cant move.
Most doors in this game seem to be bugged, for e.g in the 2nd town, the gym leaders house door is very buggy. Actualy it seems like the hole tile is screwed you can walk through it from any direction
You can walk on the walls in the first gym.

Suggestion, When you catch a pokemon, normally you see the ball click but when you catch a pokemon in this game it doesn't click after 2 rolls you catch it and the ball goes away.

Normally, when i obtain something from some1, e.g pokeball, you don't here the music lol :(
World map dosent work.
In the starter town, when you go back to Theos house after a while it still says his crying in there, when he would be out battling
IDK how this happend, but the move thunder shock is bugged when you obtain the pokemon that has it.
In Route 3, theres a trainer walking on water.
Found wild pokemon in the gym lol..
Route 04, if you stand next to the Pokemon trainer next to the boulder, a random trainer comes running past u and starts flying everywhere, and if you move away it goes away

Screenshots might help .
Sorry about quality, zooming in to the image will help http://img375.imageshack.us/f/screenshot1oxt.png/
http://img156.imageshack.us/f/screenshot2tc.png/

http://img812.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3ei.png/ ERmm??? whats with that house, also with the name raters house why is it a 4 story house outside when its on got one story in inside? Also house next to Pokemon center, can't go inside.
Tile error http://img524.imageshack.us/i/screenshot3rk.png/

ANYWAY THATS ALL FOR TODAY UP TO ROUTE 04.... VERY NICE GAME I LOVE IT, VERY ADDICTIVE, WILL CONTINUE TOMMOROW THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK JV! AND THE CREW
Many stuff that you reported aren't errors or anything ^^. That wild battle IS supposed to happen. Lack of SOME animations isn't a bug as well, most other demos don't even have any. Same thing for escalators not working etc. But, you managed to report many tile errors, etc ppl didn't reported yet ^^. Thanks, all of them were fixed, keep doing that, after all you're still in the middle of the beta.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 10:59 AM
Lopnis

Hey I downloaded beta 2 and extracted it then my mcafree tells me it deleted a trojan then I open up the file and it's empty what's with that?
edit: I downloaded it again this time I scanned it before hand and it qaurintined a trojan you may want to check your file but after I opened extracted the file the game was unplayable

Last edited by Lopnis; January 3rd, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:17 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
Hey I downloaded beta 2 and extracted it then my mcafree tells me it deleted a trojan then I open up the file and it's empty what's with that?
edit: I downloaded it again this time I scanned it before hand and it qaurintined a trojan you may want to check your file but after I opened extracted the file the game was unplayable
The game doesn't have any viruses. I can guarantee that, neither does my pc. Some Anti Virus programs can think that due to the fact it's .exe and that it tries to install fonts on your windows folder that the game is a virus. I use AVG and never had that problem as most of the 500 people who already downloaded it. It IS safe.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 02:28 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopnis View Post
You got norton anti virus :D detetcs all crap that aint a virus.

And JV, yep ill keep note of that, and report mainly tile errors, but i found many trainer errors as well.

But, atm im playing all demos, and i have to say yours is way ahead of any others, (So far) i'm not far in Xeontime because i've crashed like 8 times and ive had to start all over again.. so so far your game is awesome.
Though some fakemon sprites ain't that good, but others are amazing. Expect the only real problem is sometimes you leave me wondering around the map, where to go.
Though do starters in vole in this demo, because mines lvl 18 and it hasn't involved yet ?
But so far amazing job ^.^.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:13 PM
stardustdragon
Unhatched Egg

How do you get to the third gym I do not see a ferry.
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:40 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
You got norton anti virus :D detetcs all crap that aint a virus.

And JV, yep ill keep note of that, and report mainly tile errors, but i found many trainer errors as well.

But, atm im playing all demos, and i have to say yours is way ahead of any others, (So far) i'm not far in Xeontime because i've crashed like 8 times and ive had to start all over again.. so so far your game is awesome.
Though some fakemon sprites ain't that good, but others are amazing. Expect the only real problem is sometimes you leave me wondering around the map, where to go.
Though do starters in vole in this demo, because mines lvl 18 and it hasn't involved yet ?
But so far amazing job ^.^.
Thanks for the words and I'm glad that you think that way ^^. Please keep reporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustdragon View Post
How do you get to the third gym I do not see a ferry.
The third Gym is in Bealbeach. You don't need to take a ferry. The ferry iso nly when you go to the forth gym, which isn't availble in the beta ^^.
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:12 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Heres some more Errors i picked up.
Probs already known.

When you in the cave where to Pokemon attack you, after you finish your battle all your Pokemon are revived even the ones that fainted.
When you die in the cave, next time you go there, your rival is there but he doesn't follow you in the cave. IDK what happens when you encounter a Pokemon because i was using a repel during it.

Thats all :D
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:35 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

I found a bug/glitch.

(See attachment).
Attached Thumbnails
bug.PNG‎  
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:15 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
I found a bug/glitch.

(See attachment).
Yeep i reported that aswell anyway.

http://yfrog.com/0xscreenshot5z0p
You can walk through that
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:43 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Yeep i reported that aswell anyway.

http://yfrog.com/0xscreenshot5z0p
You can walk through that
Sorry, I didn't see the post.
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:45 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
Sorry, I didn't see the post.
No probs, atleast you showed the screenshot of it
Old January 9th, 2011, 01:29 AM
jim42

Right at the start of Route 4 east of Miko Town, there is a little girl trainer blocking the way. I tried battling her to see if she moved afterwards; she didnt. I reloaded and tried to lure her away from her spot by standing back and letting her see me. She saw me and proceeded to not move at all and hang the game. I can't continue unless she moves
Attached Thumbnails
capture000.png‎  

Last edited by jim42; January 9th, 2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: added screeny attachment
Old January 9th, 2011, 03:20 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Wth lmfao no one else got that error. i actaully say that trainer way futher away at the beach , idk what she doing there
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:12 PM
DaVici
DeEmpo

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DaVici
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim42 View Post
Right at the start of Route 4 east of Miko Town, there is a little girl trainer blocking the way. I tried battling her to see if she moved afterwards; she didnt. I reloaded and tried to lure her away from her spot by standing back and letting her see me. She saw me and proceeded to not move at all and hang the game. I can't continue unless she moves :(
I had that problem too, but I just kept pressing right, and I glitched trough her. Hope that helps you problem.

JV: Awesome game! I really enjoyed it. :) I played around 4 hours, and found it very enjoyable. At "nuclear plantage 1" I caught a "nuclearwaste pokemon", and whenever I used it, an error-message appeared. The game kept playing though, and I could use all the attacks (including the special nuclear typed attack), but I couldn't see the health/experience/status/level bar on the right, nor the pokemon sprite.
Eeehm, yeah, that and above are the glitches I saw playing the game.

Thank you for all your efforts in making this fantastic game,
mfg DaVici

Edit: The problem with the error only seems to happen with a nuclear-waste costraw, and not with a nuclear-waste tancoon. The errorcode is:
Spoiler:
---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: RuntimeError

BitmapCache:365:in `load_bitmap'

PokemonUtilities:449:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'

PokemonUtilities:416:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1852:in `pbSendOut'

PokeBattle_Battle:2319:in `pbReplace'

PokeBattle_Battle:2312:in `pbRecallAndReplace'

PokeBattle_Battle:2560:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2535:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2535:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:733:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

Edit2: @under thanks for claring that up!

Pokemon Warped

Pokemon Xenotime

Pokemon Malachite

Pokemon Super Rising Thunder

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Pokemon Sienna

Pokemon Identity

Pokemon Chronicles: Sands of time

Last edited by DaVici; January 11th, 2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: errorcode added
Old January 10th, 2011, 02:36 PM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaVici View Post
I had that problem too, but I just kept pressing right, and I glitched trough her. Hope that helps you problem.

JV: Awesome game! I really enjoyed it. I played around 4 hours, and found it very enjoyable. At "nuclear plantage 1" I caught a "nuclearwaste pokemon", and whenever I used it, an error-message appeared. The game kept playing though, and I could use all the attacks (including the special nuclear typed attack), but I couldn't see the health/experience/status/level bar on the right, nor the pokemon sprite.
Eeehm, yeah, that and above are the glitches I saw playing the game.

Thank you for all your efforts in making this fantastic game,
mfg DaVici

Edit: The problem with the error only seems to happen with a nuclear-waste costraw, and not with a nuclear-waste tancoon. The errorcode is:
Spoiler:
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: RuntimeError

BitmapCache:365:in `load_bitmap'

PokemonUtilities:449:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'

PokemonUtilities:416:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'

PokeBattle_ActualScene:1852:in `pbSendOut'

PokeBattle_Battle:2319:in `pbReplace'

PokeBattle_Battle:2312:in `pbRecallAndReplace'

PokeBattle_Battle:2560:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2535:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2535:in `pbAttackPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:733:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK
The error just means that the game is missing a graphic so when you use the pokemon in battle it tries to load the back sprite which is non existent in the graphics folder.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:28 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Hey guys, I'm glad you're all enjoying Beta 2.0! It was downloaded 750 times :), pretty cool, isn't it?
Anyways, I bring you good news, Beta 2.1 is REALLY close. I only have to finish a few small things and do a quick test. Here is the update list:

-Bug fixes, I corrected all that was reported. It's REALLY unlikely the game will crash, I can't say it's 100% bugless, but it's close to that, like 95%.

-New sprites. Yes, we haven't finished revamping our pokémon! Pokémon like Folerog, Owten, Eshowten, Barewl and also the starters have new sprites!

-More events. Yes, now you can finally buy the Coconut Milk in the beach or take part on Bealbeach Lottery in the Casino!

-Game Balancing. Added more itens to the start of the game, also made levelling faster at the start since that was a common complain. Things get normal after first gym though.

-High quality music! Now people will be able to get the best out of my remixes, since they are all being converted to high quality, .mp3 format. But since the demo size will get considerably bigger (somewhere around 90mb), I'll also release a version with only .midi, exactly like before.

-Dialogues fixes, we did our best to fix the linebreaks and typos in the entire game, we hope it gets better now.

So, I guess it's basically this that consist the update, but that is quite a lot. If you have any suggestion for the release, please post it here, but do it fast, because I'm releasing it soon ^^.
Old February 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
BETA 2.1 RELEASED

Whether this qualifies as "recent" or not (it doesn't), Here's v2.1! If you haven't played the demo yet on account of not being quite interested enough, or you were driven off by the fact that the beginning leg of the game was a bit too slow and boring, or you're some sort of grammar fiend and you closed the game as soon as you read "be" in the intro instead of "me," here it is with all of those fixed and more!

The difference between the two files is in the music. People had divided opinions about the music in v2.0, which was in MIDI format, so we converted it into better-quality MP3s for your enjoyment!

The tradeoff is filesize. Those with slow connections might want to stick with the low quality version, because the high quality version is more than twice as big! Still, if you were one of the people complaining about "ear rape" from the music, you can now be serenaded by soothing, high-quality original music remixed by JV himself!

Enjoy!
Old February 28th, 2011, 02:17 PM
firebolt12
pokemon Master

WOW! nice fakemon, graphics, and sprites. Loooks great. I don't think it work on MAC though.. AWESOME JOB!

this is really cool! Make a mac version one day?
Could get famous!

Last edited by firebolt12; February 28th, 2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 1st, 2011, 01:59 PM
Coronation
Psychic Gym Leader

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Coronation
I've played the old demo, and didn't even notice a new version was released I love the game so far, especially the updated graphics. The only thing is the collision sound problem, but it's not too bad. I had to laugh when I got to the first Pokkemon Center; I never expected it to end up like that :D I'll show a picture of it:

I'm just glad they have low Sp.A, or I would have lost the battle entirely XD
Old March 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
BETA 2.1 RELEASED

Whether this qualifies as "recent" or not (it doesn't), Here's v2.1! If you haven't played the demo yet on account of not being quite interested enough, or you were driven off by the fact that the beginning leg of the game was a bit too slow and boring, or you're some sort of grammar fiend and you closed the game as soon as you read "be" in the intro instead of "me," here it is with all of those fixed and more!

The difference between the two files is in the music. People had divided opinions about the music in v2.0, which was in MIDI format, so we converted it into better-quality MP3s for your enjoyment!

The tradeoff is filesize. Those with slow connections might want to stick with the low quality version, because the high quality version is more than twice as big! Still, if you were one of the people complaining about "ear rape" from the music, you can now be serenaded by soothing, high-quality original music remixed by JV himself!

Enjoy!
Sorry for the recent absence everyone, 2011, so far, has been a pretty busy year for me, you know, last year of school etc... Well, we haven't got many downloads of Uranium 2.1, but I think that is my fault ^^. So yeah, I'm quoting Zephyr's release post and editing the first post with the link. That version is much bettter than 2.0 and really worth the download!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links