The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:10 AM
darkdemon
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
i just downloaded it but it wont open, i tried running it as an administrator but it didnt work

EDIT: it says the game is incompatible
Try running it in Windows XP contemptibility mode. Or maybe you don't have RPG Maker XP installed...
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Nothingtodo
Unhatched Egg

Hi, first of all it looks great and could be the best hack I've ever played

I also have a question, when will the full game will be finished?? I want to play more!!)

Good job
Old July 20th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Sideshow Bob
Hufflepuff and Slytherin

Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, Summer Bay & Lumiose City
Nature: Gentle
From what I've seen, GREAT GAME, but the battle BG is a bit silly, I prefer the ones in the real games IMHO!
Old August 5th, 2012, 01:19 AM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Damn it! Well there goes my hack's name. Now I got to think of something else. :/
But this Pokemon Uranium looks pretty cool! Can't wait for a finished, completed version.
Old August 11th, 2012, 02:19 AM
crazybarkz101
Girl of the Nubes

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to crazybarkz101
I was playing the game and encountered an error. I had just beaten the first gym and had three pokemon in my party. I was going back down to the first town and stopped by the little house to get a fishing rod. When I tried it out on the lake I caught the frog (I forget its name) but when the battle scene ended this popped up:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonCustomMenu:569:in `update_party'
PokemonCustomMenu:423:in `update'
PokemonCustomMenu:175:in `main'
PokemonCustomMenu:171:in `loop'
PokemonCustomMenu:179:in `main'
Main*:30:in `mainFunction'
Main*:19:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main*:33:in `mainFunction'
Main*:37
Main*:36:in `loop'

and I couldn't do anything with the controls.

Last edited by crazybarkz101; August 11th, 2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: a torchic head popped up instead of : 19 : (remove the spaces)
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Well, it has been ages since I last posted here, engineering isn't easy you know... But well, I have loads of free time at the moment and I'm thinking on getting back on work after many months! So is there anyone here willing to help an old friend to get back on track?
I mean, I haven't talked to Zeph in months and she seems to be away from every pokemon related activity (dA too) so right now I'm alone...

You know, what made me think on that is the increasing number of fans on youtube etc, so I think I could give more content to them and all, there are even some let's plays of my game there and I missed all that. Anyways, I hope people here can help me. (Btw, where is most developpers? Is the forum more inactive or something, are you at some other place now :( ?)
Old August 11th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Rai Rai
Master of everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
Well, it has been ages since I last posted here, engineering isn't easy you know... But well, I have loads of free time at the moment and I'm thinking on getting back on work after many months! So is there anyone here willing to help an old friend to get back on track?
I mean, I haven't talked to Zeph in months and she seems to be away from every pokemon related activity (dA too) so right now I'm alone...

You know, what made me think on that is the increasing number of fans on youtube etc, so I think I could give more content to them and all, there are even some let's plays of my game there and I missed all that. Anyways, I hope people here can help me. (Btw, where is most developpers? Is the forum more inactive or something, are you at some other place now ?)

A lot of us have disappeared since you've last visited the forums, as far as I can see, there's only a few developers left, and only about 2 or 3 of us scripters left XD. But it's good to see you back on the forums JV. Hope to see your amazing work.
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
Glad to see you're back, JV. I seriously love this game! I definitely agree with what you've said about the lack of developers, hopefully you can get the project back on track.
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:00 AM
UltimateDillon
Veteran Gamer (Sort Of)

Nature: Modest
wow this looks really good. i cant wait to play it.
Old August 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

A few updates. I'd like to say I'm starting to get things done again! Finished 4th gym and it's town events, fixed a few bugs and I am working on a main event of the game!
I still haven't got a answer from Zephyr, neither have got contacted about getting help =/.
Also, I created a group page for the game on dA, so for those who want to check it out, here is the link: http://pokemon-uranium.deviantart.com/

I think it will be easier to get help there, that's why I'm giving some use to my profile there. Cya~

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm featuring a let's play of Uranium which wylecoyote is making:

This is just the third video of the playthrough, he already has a bunch of them uploaded! Check out his channel.

Last edited by ~JV~; August 14th, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:41 PM
P0kemonMast
Unhatched Egg

Downloading right now. Will try it out and see. I'll get back on ya
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:34 AM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

does the link at top download the latest version? i hope so cause thats what i downloaded and i have 6 pokemon right now

how far can the starter pokemon evolve into at the games current stage? also i love the pokemon and that alot of the cry's are remixed, its better than it just being the original cry's. 1 more thing, how do i get to the first gym leader? i got to the town but it says she is at her house and idk where that is so i left to train at the town before first gym town.

Last edited by PokeCody; September 16th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Zephyr+
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeCody View Post
does the link at top download the latest version? i hope so cause thats what i downloaded and i have 6 pokemon right now

how far can the starter pokemon evolve into at the games current stage? also i love the pokemon and that alot of the cry's are remixed, its better than it just being the original cry's. 1 more thing, how do i get to the first gym leader? i got to the town but it says she is at her house and idk where that is so i left to train at the town before first gym town.
If you downloaded the 2.1 demo, that should be the latest version.

the starter pokemon only evolve once, in their mid-to-late 20's. The first gym leader (Maria)'s house is towards the lower right-hand corner of Nowtoch city, near the Pokemart. since you've been grinding, the battle should be very easy; she's supposed to be fairly straightforward to battle with barely any extra training at all.
Old September 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
If you downloaded the 2.1 demo, that should be the latest version.

the starter pokemon only evolve once, in their mid-to-late 20's. The first gym leader (Maria)'s house is towards the lower right-hand corner of Nowtoch city, near the Pokemart. since you've been grinding, the battle should be very easy; she's supposed to be fairly straightforward to battle with barely any extra training at all.
ahhhh thanks. lol my next post will be of 2 bugs/glitches i found in the game yesterday

in Moki town there is a guy who wants to trade his.... (getting the names) Baashaun for a Fortog. idk if i selected cancel or if i selected my starter pokemon Orchynx (grass starter) but which ever 1 it was i ended up in a trade with him and traded my starter pokemon for his baashaun. (luckily i saved before the trade) so yea. and the next thing i need a screenshot of so hold on again. ok here on route 01 you can see the untiled place or w/e its called.
http://prntscr.com/fqk63

ok i got the fishing rod and when i fish in the pond outside where you get the fishing rod my character turns around so I'm fishing but facing away from the water. also when i caught a fortog my game froze and an error code popped up. if you want me to send you the error code i will tomorrow if i get it again when i catch another fortog. but yea the game is still good, just letting you know about a few things i have encountered.

Last edited by PokeCody; September 17th, 2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
ahhhh thanks. lol my next post will be of 2 bugs/glitches i found in the game yesterday

in Moki town there is a guy who wants to trade his.... (getting the names) Baashaun for a Fortog. idk if i selected cancel or if i selected my starter pokemon Orchynx (grass starter) but which ever 1 it was i ended up in a trade with him and traded my starter pokemon for his baashaun. (luckily i saved before the trade) so yea. and the next thing i need a screenshot of so hold on again. ok here on route 01 you can see the untiled place or w/e its called.
http://prntscr.com/fqk63

ok i got the fishing rod and when i fish in the pond outside where you get the fishing rod my character turns around so I'm fishing but facing away from the water. also when i caught a fortog my game froze and an error code popped up. if you want me to send you the error code i will tomorrow if i get it again when i catch another fortog. but yea the game is still good, just letting you know about a few things i have encountered.
Thanks for the feedback, it really helps us out! I'll get the black spot fixed, about the fishing, the thing is we don't have the sprites ofr it yet, so that is the animation that plays. I never got the Fortog error (and I always catch one on my playthroughs) so I guess that was a one-time/specific thing...

A few updates: We're close to 3.0, yes demo 3.0! It will be the last one before full release and I promise it's great, top quality! I'm not sure how long it will be, but it will probably reach the 10 hour mark, at least!
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:54 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback, it really helps us out! I'll get the black spot fixed, about the fishing, the thing is we don't have the sprites ofr it yet, so that is the animation that plays. I never got the Fortog error (and I always catch one on my playthroughs) so I guess that was a one-time/specific thing...

A few updates: We're close to 3.0, yes demo 3.0! It will be the last one before full release and I promise it's great, top quality! I'm not sure how long it will be, but it will probably reach the 10 hour mark, at least!
sweet! lol. if the error happens again i'll mention it again. lol. and if you need help finding errors or bugs i'll be happy to try things out through the game and see if there are anymore. and also what about the trading starter thing? lol. ill try it again today and see if it happens. ill post screenshots of it if it happens
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
sweet! lol. if the error happens again i'll mention it again. lol. and if you need help finding errors or bugs i'll be happy to try things out through the game and see if there are anymore. and also what about the trading starter thing? lol. ill try it again today and see if it happens. ill post screenshots of it if it happens
I already fixed it, I noticed this bug just after releasing the demo, about a year ago I think. And yes, it would be really helpful if you posted the bugs you find, or send them to me through PMs.
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

kk np. heres a screen shot of the error of the fortog thing again. cause it happened again
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8...f628cf6faf.png

the map is kinda annoying. when im in moki town it shows im here.
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7...7bc8b09c0f.png
and being on route 01 it shows im here.
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3...e2f904958f.png
and when im in my aunts house on the map it shows im here.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2...4389bbdf0d.png

Last edited by PokeCody; September 18th, 2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:44 AM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

for some reason, when i try to extract it, my computer says it pulled a trojan out of it, and now i cant play because it removes the game app among other things. help?
Old September 19th, 2012, 10:51 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
kk np. heres a screen shot of the error of the fortog thing again. cause it happened again
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/8...f628cf6faf.png

the map is kinda annoying. when im in moki town it shows im here.
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/7...7bc8b09c0f.png
and being on route 01 it shows im here.
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3...e2f904958f.png
and when im in my aunts house on the map it shows im here.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2...4389bbdf0d.png
I found out what caused the fishing error, it will be fixed for the next release! The map has already been fixed too :).

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhades17 View Post
for some reason, when i try to extract it, my computer says it pulled a trojan out of it, and now i cant play because it removes the game app among other things. help?
Some anti-virus recognizes rmxp .exes as viruses sometimes. I'd say it's just a bad anti-virus, I'm pretty sure there are no viruses in the files
Old September 19th, 2012, 11:19 AM
newhades17
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I found out what caused the fishing error, it will be fixed for the next release! The map has already been fixed too .

Some anti-virus recognizes rmxp .exes as viruses sometimes. I'd say it's just a bad anti-virus, I'm pretty sure there are no viruses in the files
thanks man, i looked it up and removed the anti virus, gonna try it again
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:29 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I found out what caused the fishing error, it will be fixed for the next release! The map has already been fixed too .

sweet glad you fixed them. to bad the starters dont evolve twice :c. lol. alwell.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

i found some annoying errors. idk if they are just for me but i tried restarting laptop and same annoying errors. after first badge and you go to moki town. the lights in houses at night kinda flicker and sometimes turn off. and the trainer behind the crushable rocks she keeps glitching out trying to walk and its annoying cause she is blocking the path i need to go to.

she is trying to walk to me but she is glitching out on walking to me so now i cant move and she cant get to me.
http://prntscr.com/g1qbo

Last edited by PokeCody; September 22nd, 2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Quote:
i found some annoying errors. idk if they are just for me but i tried restarting laptop and same annoying errors. after first badge and you go to moki town. the lights in houses at night kinda flicker and sometimes turn off. and the trainer behind the crushable rocks she keeps glitching out trying to walk and its annoying cause she is blocking the path i need to go to.

she is trying to walk to me but she is glitching out on walking to me so now i cant move and she cant get to me.
http://prntscr.com/g1qbo
This girl happens to some people =/. It was the worst bug on that release. Supposedly going inside a house then leaving would refresh the map and remove her from there. If that don't work, pm me that I will be able to help.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 10:34 AM
PokeCody
Unhatched Egg

ahh well the girl dissapeared once it became day time lol. also something with some of my pokemon sprites. i've only noticed it with 2 pokemon so far. Tonemy and Smore. the sprite moves up.
http://prntscr.com/g3dke
instead of staying like this.
http://prntscr.com/g3dpj

also are you gonna add footprints? like that you leave behind in the sand?
http://prntscr.com/g3e66
and maybe pokemon footprints in the pokedex?

pokedex says you can get sponee on route 3. but it only highlights that part of route 3 instead of all of route 3. http://prntscr.com/g3gfz

(btw lovin g the route 3 music.)

P.S. what lvl does Grozard, Tonemy, and Smore evolve?

outside burole town pokemon center. http://prntscr.com/g40et
inside Burole town pokemon center. http://prntscr.com/g40fj

sorry for so much posts i do <.< just want to be helpful.

cant go down the stairs (prob not implimented in game yet) and it shows some of the railing through the character. http://prntscr.com/g40zd

Last edited by PokeCody; September 23rd, 2012 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links