The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #401    
Old May 31st, 2013 (03:56 AM). Edited May 31st, 2013 by Farore.
Farore's Avatar
Farore
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Far Far Away
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Nature: Gentle
Hi, I think you should post a warning for Avast users, because personally, I couldn't download the game properly because of it.

To be more precise, it thought the files contained a virus, a warning that I ignored, but as a consequence, the .exe wasn't working at all. (And it appeared as a text document)

I had to stop Avast for a few minutes to install the game properly.

So yeah, just so you know if you didn't already.


Edit: Actually, Avast won't let the game run at all.

I also had to deactivate it to be able to launch the game.

By the way, I've just received my starter, and there's just a detail that doesn't make sense:

I had the Pokepod after I collected my starter, and before Theo's dad gave it to me.
Reply With Quote
  #402    
Old June 27th, 2013 (02:57 AM).
Q-Quan's Avatar
Q-Quan
Indigo, Unova and Kalos Champ
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: At my house (in Spain)
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I love the water starter, it's like a walking Lanturn!
Reply With Quote
  #403    
Old July 28th, 2013 (03:55 AM).
RosefanMatt
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Gender: Male
Does anyone know an easier way to download pokemon uranium 3.1 beta for vba without unzipping. I tried so many times to download it and all i get is the fonts and notepad information. Hopefully someone can post a video of how exactly they downloaded the file
Reply With Quote
  #404    
Old September 21st, 2013 (11:42 PM). Edited September 22nd, 2013 by Dark_Thunder.
Dark_Thunder's Avatar
Dark_Thunder
Meet The Team! Team Infinity!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Time And Space
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I've Been Revolving Around Pokémon Uranium For I While... I'm Deciding To Play The Demo!
You Have My Support. This Looks Promising! Good Luck!

I'm Trying To Run It On Windows 8. Does That Work? Its Not Doing ANYTHING... I Really Wanted To Play Aswell.

Okay So I Figured Out The Problem (Not Really I Just Read What Farore Said)
By The Way Thanks Farore! I Did What She Said To Do And I Got It Running. Next Update Please Fix It So It Goes As A Proper File Other Wise. Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #405    
Old September 27th, 2013 (04:30 PM).
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Nice to see this game still goin', esp. when a lot of old games, since I was last here, have gone defunct. :/ Went ahead & added the userbar to my sig space - which has become far roomier, obviously.

Unlike some of the few remaining games from that time that're also sitll goin', this one appears to be exactly as I left it - which I'm actually happy with.

Will test out the demo once I have some time to spare.
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Exceeds signature height limit.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Reply With Quote
  #406    
Old September 28th, 2013 (04:12 AM).
PeskyJoltik's Avatar
PeskyJoltik
EPICLY HAPPY
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: PokemonLand
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to PeskyJoltik
This is another discovery! Im downloading this right away! Dude i believe in you! You can do better, greater, improve this and im certain that you'll be popular because of this! GO ! 10 STARS for ya bro
__________________
I blew my own signature off and it's a sad memory!
Reply With Quote
  #407    
Old October 31st, 2013 (09:23 AM).
Krakanous
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
is this still being worked on?
Reply With Quote
  #408    
Old November 4th, 2013 (06:23 AM).
Lyrikia's Avatar
Lyrikia
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Female
I really wanna try this game out, but when i start it up it simply says that one or more fonts in the game is not installed, and i have installed all the betas, and i am stuck at that point with it always saying that, what should i do?
Reply With Quote
  #409    
Old November 4th, 2013 (06:26 AM).
Varion Bluefire's Avatar
Varion Bluefire
A.K.A The Glitch
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Varion Bluefire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrikia View Post
I really wanna try this game out, but when i start it up it simply says that one or more fonts in the game is not installed, and i have installed all the betas, and i am stuck at that point with it always saying that, what should i do?
The folder where the 'game.exe' is located should have a folder called 'Fonts'
Open it and install all the fonts inside.
__________________

Just strollin' to my next destination...
Reply With Quote
  #410    
Old November 4th, 2013 (06:38 AM).
Lyrikia's Avatar
Lyrikia
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Gender: Female
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varion View Post
The folder where the 'game.exe' is located should have a folder called 'Fonts'
Open it and install all the fonts inside.
I have done so, but it still don't work
Reply With Quote
  #411    
Old November 17th, 2013 (03:19 PM).
21Pilots
 
Join Date: May 2013
Gender: Male
Aw man, I just found out I missed 2 side quests, and one of them held a Pokemon I wanted to catch
Reply With Quote
  #412    
Old November 20th, 2013 (12:47 AM). Edited November 20th, 2013 by Kinnyth.
Kinnyth
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Okay first of all I love the game, its amazing! But I found a game ending bug...Just received the first badge, then the rock smash. Used Rock Smash just south of Moki town and guess what, the chick in the tuba is blocking my path. I waited to see if she would move after the battle but it seems she is stuck where she is. I can see her try to walk in different directions but she just stays put...Am I missing something? I want to play this game but is this the end of a demo or something.
Oh and I think your animations of the new pokemon are tops! Beautiful artwork I mean it
Reply With Quote
  #413    
Old December 30th, 2013 (10:11 AM).
MasterNesh
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Gender: Male
The lvls, attacks, and names of the pokemon aren't appearing when in battle.
Reply With Quote
  #414    
Old March 11th, 2014 (02:04 PM).
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Just stopping by to say that I will completely update the first post of the thread with the most up to date information on the game. This thread was pretty much abandoned for a long time, but for those who don't know the game wasn't and it's really popular now over Tumblr and dA!

The link to the tumblr page is: http://pokemon-uranium.tumblr.com/

The link to the dA group is: http://pokemon-uranium.deviantart.com/

We have also been working on a wiki and more recently on a forum! Those are the links:

Wiki: http://pokemon-uranium.wikia.com/

Forums: http://pokemonuranium.forumeiro.com/

That's it for now, and I hope you all also follow one of these links if you want to know more about the game or would like to interact with us, developpers!
Anyways, so just to make it official, I don't pretend to abandon PC again anytime soon! Cya!

,~JV~
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #415    
Old March 16th, 2014 (08:33 AM). Edited March 16th, 2014 by Maruno.
Dedenne1's Avatar
Dedenne1
The cold weather has put ice types in high spirits! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone <3
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: I believe i am currently located in Violite, Ransei.
Gender: Male
Nature: Brave
Kinnyth that is normal in most games I suggest if there's something that you need help on join their forums and ask them cause it's not the end of the beta and I f it was me I would want to keep on playing cause this is a great game.

I suggest for all who want frequent updates and pics of the next beta to join the forums and follow them on tumblr cause if this thread goes dead it doesn't mean the game is.

Oh and Lyrikia if you did try that and it didn't work I suggest either re downloading the game worked for me. Or ask JV on the forums
__________________
So im out of space for info about me fangames i support and stuff like that so click the Glaceon read my Bio and you
will know plenty about me and all the games i love!
Feeling Chatty? Feel free to vm me i love to meet new people!
I am a Hacks and Fangames Critic! VM me if you want me to check out your game.
Currently available for beta testing games! Currently Testing 2 games and will gladly add yours to the list feel free to vm me!
Currently Playing: Pokemon Resolute Version!
Yes I Have the holiday cheer! Like my new avatar?
Reply With Quote
  #416    
Old April 4th, 2014 (06:54 PM).
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Finished updating the first post! I recommend checking it out, there are some new features presented there, like Wonder Trade, GTS, and Virtual Trainers! You will ALL be surprised :D.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #417    
Old April 4th, 2014 (07:43 PM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
No credits for me? Not even a mention for the GTS graphics?
Ouch, you are liquid nitrogen, man.

If you were inside a barrel, and someone put a banana in you, and then took out the aforementioned banana, and subsequently threw the illustrious banana on the ground, it would shatter, like my hopes and dreams. Because you're so cold.
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #418    
Old April 4th, 2014 (08:50 PM).
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
No credits for me? Not even a mention for the GTS graphics?
Ouch, you are liquid nitrogen, man.

If you were inside a barrel, and someone put a banana in you, and then took out the aforementioned banana, and subsequently threw the illustrious banana on the ground, it would shatter, like my hopes and dreams. Because you're so cold.
HAHA that made my day, or night, whatever. Getting all credits right is one of the hardest things ongame dev you know! I'll fix it for you. You can keep your hopes and dreams!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #419    
Old April 4th, 2014 (08:58 PM).
Saving Raven's Avatar
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: everywhere
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
It was light hearted, got to keep the dev section friendly, thank you.
I just found out "hearted" isn't a word, but is a phrase, what are they saying then...
"Keep it light hear-ted"
or my Chrome doesn't get it

ANYWAY
I like your OP, the features the screens, the look, everything - Good job
__________________

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~

Reply With Quote
  #420    
Old April 5th, 2014 (07:46 AM).
Worldslayer608's Avatar
Worldslayer608
ಥдಥ
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Diego
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saving Raven View Post
It was light hearted, got to keep the dev section friendly, thank you.
I just found out "hearted" isn't a word, but is a phrase, what are they saying then...
"Keep it light hear-ted"
or my Chrome doesn't get it

ANYWAY
I like your OP, the features the screens, the look, everything - Good job
Google Chrome does not use a dictionary for spelling as far as I know. It uses Google and takes the most commonly spelled variation of a word and then gives you an option to add a personal dictionary.
__________________


Pokemon Pillars of Destiny - Starters
To vanquish without peril is to triumph without glory...

Voted Best Game Designer 2011 on PC
Reply With Quote
  #421    
Old April 5th, 2014 (11:57 AM).
Zephyr+'s Avatar
Zephyr+
Oripoke
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Age: 21
Gender: Female
Nature: Sassy
The new thread looks really awesome, JV! :D Totally shows off the cool new features of the latest build of the game. Though, you might want to mention that the GTS, Virtual Trainer battle and Nuzlocke mode aren't present in v3.1.1, because otherwise people who play the latest beta expecting to have those features might be disappointed.

Also, for the section with the starters, the heading says "Koen Region Starters" rather than Tandor region
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #422    
Old April 5th, 2014 (12:14 PM).
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
The new thread looks really awesome, JV! :D Totally shows off the cool new features of the latest build of the game. Though, you might want to mention that the GTS, Virtual Trainer battle and Nuzlocke mode aren't present in v3.1.1, because otherwise people who play the latest beta expecting to have those features might be disappointed.

Also, for the section with the starters, the heading says "Koen Region Starters" rather than Tandor region
Fixed it!



Also, I forgot to mention in the update post, I never updated the OP with the most recent beta until now. So, those who are only here on PC, be sure to check out the demo 3.1.1! It's really good, I promise! (check the OP for more details)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #423    
Old April 5th, 2014 (02:22 PM).
Nickalooose
--------------------
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Gender: Female
Well I wanted to know and see this "wonder trade", I have no idea what that is... So saying you have it, because GenVI does, means nothing to me... Also, I am disappointed to find out that these new additions aren't in your v3.1.1, because I just spent 10 minutes going through the beginning... Now I don't think I want to continue, because it just turned out the be the same as any other demo I can download around here... Those 3 additions are what lured me in and you tricked me :( .

I like your "press start" screen, I assume parallel processes came in handy here ;) I have done something similar in my new game and that's how I did that sort of thing... Unless you have GIF's working, which I doubt.

I did have a moment where I got confused though... When you get your first Pokémon and all the starters are flashing, I thought my game crashed because nothing was happening, I didn't know I had to press something to continue, maybe add something to let people know... And in the same part, is your rival the prof.'s son or something... He calls him pops, but the prof. doesn't know who he is... Then the prof. asks me if I remembered this kid when he doesn't even realize he has a son... You also have a problem in one of you first sentences in the game, I noticed it but never told myself to remember where it was, sorry.

I like all the graphical things though.

Your menu seems like it blends in to the background, I don't know if it's coincidental that I looked at it when the city is the same colors but I couldn't really see it, I also didn't realize items were missing from it, because as I just said, I couldn't see it.

So far so good though.
Reply With Quote
  #424    
Old April 5th, 2014 (02:45 PM).
~JV~'s Avatar
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rio de Janeiro
Age: 20
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickalooose View Post
Well I wanted to know and see this "wonder trade", I have no idea what that is... So saying you have it, because GenVI does, means nothing to me... Also, I am disappointed to find out that these new additions aren't in your v3.1.1, because I just spent 10 minutes going through the beginning... Now I don't think I want to continue, because it just turned out the be the same as any other demo I can download around here... Those 3 additions are what lured me in and you tricked me .

I like your "press start" screen, I assume parallel processes came in handy here I have done something similar in my new game and that's how I did that sort of thing... Unless you have GIF's working, which I doubt.

I did have a moment where I got confused though... When you get your first Pokémon and all the starters are flashing, I thought my game crashed because nothing was happening, I didn't know I had to press something to continue, maybe add something to let people know... And in the same part, is your rival the prof.'s son or something... He calls him pops, but the prof. doesn't know who he is... Then the prof. asks me if I remembered this kid when he doesn't even realize he has a son... You also have a problem in one of you first sentences in the game, I noticed it but never told myself to remember where it was, sorry.

I like all the graphical things though.

Your menu seems like it blends in to the background, I don't know if it's coincidental that I looked at it when the city is the same colors but I couldn't really see it, I also didn't realize items were missing from it, because as I just said, I couldn't see it.

So far so good though.
In the OP, just after the features it mentions now that there are no online features on the demos. Well, this game has a demo way lenghtier than the average here and the quality of the game is really good. Also a full gen of nice looking fakemon. You'll have to wait for these functionalities though.

Wonder Trade is the gen6 random trading, where you send a pokémon that is received by a random person then gets a random pokémon as well in return. Pretty fun stuff...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #425    
Old May 4th, 2014 (01:33 AM).
Renko
 
Join Date: May 2014
Gender: Male
Somehow,for Avira,Your Game Exe is a virus
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 05:01 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.