Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:37 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold

Advertise here
Moar fighting, plz

But not one of those^ RAWR!
pocket monster trainer
Old August 13th, 2010, 03:49 PM
snoopi888
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Careful
No problem, really! c:
I would have helped somehow, but in all honesty, I have no talent with coding/spriting/mapping/compilating, and the only thing I could have helped with would be to do some sort of pokemon concepts for you (and then again, they wouldn't be very pokemon-esque, you would have to modify them). Though, if you want, I can try and help you with them. I was told that my imagination is quite something. Maybe I could help people with it. xP

A type, hmm... I vote psychic, one of my fav type. I can't resist them. x3
Ultimate pokémon paradox : two trainers with only one ditto in their team.

I have nothing to say, ignore me.
Hurp hurp!

Old August 13th, 2010, 06:38 PM
xXRoXx
Beginning Trainer

Hi there, see JV, i'm Rox(xXRoXx '-') from the brazilian communities.
I've already commented your game, and I just think it is amazing. Your staff and you are making a terrific work.
The only critic that I have is about the fakes, they are really original and well maded, but I think you could positionate them better, some of them just look's like it's gonna fall.

Is just this, the rest is perfect. Keep with your good work.
Old August 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
PokemonOI
Back To WORK!

Nature: Brave
Give us a Dark type please?
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Birdybot
-insert witty phrase here-

Nature: Jolly
Could we see a Fire type, please?

Old August 14th, 2010, 07:54 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
It's a complete tie... Keep voting guys! But while I don't show you anything, I have some good news!

Hey, Uranium fans!

I come bearing good news: we're close to releasing the 2.0 beta! But in order to do that, we're going to need your help! That's right, we're looking for betatesters!

We need about five people who want to play our game, for as long as they can, and give us feedback. We want to hear about everything, from game-crashing disasters to minor annoyances to tile errors to typos to general suggestions for improvement.

You don't need any particular skills, really, you just need to agree to:

-Not distribute the game to anybody else; it's a closed beta! Besides, there might be bugs.
-Put together a notepad file of everything you find, and send it in to either me or JV.

All that are interested can post here please . Oh, and it helps if you have MSN or a compatible messenger, for communication purposes. This will help us a lot, and the more testers we have, the better we can guarantee that an official beta will be released next month! Thank you! ^^

Don't forget to vote btw!
Sig in maintenance!
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:57 AM
koby1
The M4's Best Freind

Nature: Hasty
Can i be one? I also hate people who redistribute beta games... I despise them. Ive also been a fan of Uranium when it first started.
I also have an Msn, if you choose me as one of the testers ... [email protected]
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Poison Master
Poison'd You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~JV~ View Post
It's a complete tie... Keep voting guys! But while I don't show you anything, I have some good news!

Hey, Uranium fans!

I come bearing good news: we're close to releasing the 2.0 beta! But in order to do that, we're going to need your help! That's right, we're looking for betatesters!

We need about five people who want to play our game, for as long as they can, and give us feedback. We want to hear about everything, from game-crashing disasters to minor annoyances to tile errors to typos to general suggestions for improvement.

You don't need any particular skills, really, you just need to agree to:

-Not distribute the game to anybody else; it's a closed beta! Besides, there might be bugs.
-Put together a notepad file of everything you find, and send it in to either me or JV.

All that are interested can post here please . Oh, and it helps if you have MSN or a compatible messenger, for communication purposes. This will help us a lot, and the more testers we have, the better we can guarantee that an official beta will be released next month! Thank you!

Don't forget to vote btw!

I would be honor'd to test your game, during this Summer Break, i'll have at least 6+ hours log on the computer Daily, which I can devote almost half or more, to playing this demo release.

I've been watching this project, over the past couple weeks. I would love to test your game out, for you.

If you have any interest in hiring me onto a Betatesting team, please Contact me through PM.

I also have MSN messenger, and I can get any other chat programs you perfer.

- Ryan ;D

Btw, I want to see another Poison that wasn't in the Demo. xDD
Click the Eggs or they die!
Best of luck,
Ryan
Old August 14th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Kam the Narwhal
Beginning Trainer

I'd beta test... although I have a feeling I might have difficulty running the game.

I already have Zephyr on my MSN list, so I'll tell her if I see anything that's off.
Old August 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

I have an MSN as well btw I forgot to add it in the message
pocket monster trainer
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:01 PM
snoopi888
Beginning Trainer

Well, I'd be happy to help you with the beta-test!
Even though I haven't been on the forum physically for very long.

I'll only send my msn if you do take me as a beta-tester, though. I need confirmation or refusal.

Hurp hurp!

Old August 14th, 2010, 05:25 PM
teejermiester
Minnesotan, you betcha!

Nature: Rash
WoW...

Really cool. I wish I could hack as well as u guys.

----------------------------
Beta 1 Coming Soon! ||||||||||
Old August 14th, 2010, 06:38 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^its not a hack...

And vote for fighting!
pocket monster trainer
Old August 14th, 2010, 07:35 PM
leftshoe18
Beginning Trainer

I just downloaded the beta and enjoyed what I played. While searching the tall grass for pokemon, I ran into an error that froze the game, but other than that there were no errors for me.
Old August 14th, 2010, 09:18 PM
brokenxnote

Send a message via AIM to brokenxnote Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brokenxnote Send a message via Yahoo to brokenxnote Send a message via Skype™ to brokenxnote
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
I just downloaded the beta and enjoyed what I played. While searching the tall grass for pokemon, I ran into an error that froze the game, but other than that there were no errors for me.
Where could you have downloaded the beta from, when he's selecting 5 people to send it to...?
My deviantArt | Pokemon LunarVoid
[/CENTER][/sig-reason]
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:59 AM
~JV~
Dev of Pokémon Uranium

Send a message via Skype™ to ~JV~
I'm waiting for more people to get in, so I can choose which one is better for what I want =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison Master View Post
I would be honor'd to test your game, during this Summer Break, i'll have at least 6+ hours log on the computer Daily, which I can devote almost half or more, to playing this demo release.

I've been watching this project, over the past couple weeks. I would love to test your game out, for you.

If you have any interest in hiring me onto a Betatesting team, please Contact me through PM.

I also have MSN messenger, and I can get any other chat programs you perfer.

- Ryan ;D

Btw, I want to see another Poison that wasn't in the Demo. xDD
Sure, I may get in touch with you and the other people soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam the Narwhal View Post
I'd beta test... although I have a feeling I might have difficulty running the game.

I already have Zephyr on my MSN list, so I'll tell her if I see anything that's off.
You already tested the old one for me, but if I have any free space, I'll remember of you ;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
I have an MSN as well btw I forgot to add it in the message
Ok, like I said to Poison, wait for a PM from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopi888 View Post
Well, I'd be happy to help you with the beta-test!
Even though I haven't been on the forum physically for very long.

I'll only send my msn if you do take me as a beta-tester, though. I need confirmation or refusal.
Got it, I'll confirm it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejermiester View Post
WoW...

Really cool. I wish I could hack as well as u guys.
Not a hack =p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftshoe18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenxnote View Post
Where could you have downloaded the beta from, when he's selecting 5 people to send it to...?
He is talking about the October 2009 demo. As I already said a few times, it's not supported anymore.

Well, since the type thing tied, I decided to pick Fire =). I present you in detail a pokémon that will be present in the next demo, Pahar.

Name: Pahar
Type: Fire / Flying
Ability: Pressure
Description: "PAHAR are intelligent and are commonly kept as pets. They can even be taught to talk, although not to the degree of CHATOT. "

Stats: high SpAttack and SpDef . Average Speed and HP. Low Def and Atk
Best Moves: Wing Attack, Flamethrower, Agility, Heat Wave, Sky Attack and Fire Blast
Evolve to Palij at lvl 19

So you guys just keep voting and signing up to the beta 2.0!
Sig in maintenance!
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:49 AM
~DarkAchu~
Shady Character Lurking Around

If your really in need of guys to beta test i suppose i can, Ive done quite a bit of testing for several games including retail betas so i know what to look for.

You can use me as a backup i suppose
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diamond FC: 2836 1970 7214 OT: Scott
HG: 3181 5060 5848 OT Scott
White: 4298 2213 8887 OT Dark
X: 4597-0519-6286
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:09 AM
snoopi888
Beginning Trainer

Do I see a bird? That makes FIRE? Instant love.
You really have good ideas for the fakemons, very believable, not like some I've seen...

I still vote psychic though. xD

Hurp hurp!

Old August 15th, 2010, 09:28 AM
DigimonMaster
Lurkermon

I'd be happy to beta for you if there is still room, I loved the previous demo and would be glad to help with the next step.
Games I support:
Spoiler:

Old August 15th, 2010, 11:22 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

fighting, but again, someone different thean Emeprilla, and the sheep
pocket monster trainer
Old August 15th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Poison Master
Poison'd You.

WELL, I vote for.

Poison / Fighting.

So count that as 1 vote for each, and I will check my PMs regulary to see, I apologise if you contact me and it takes awhile to respond, because I might be outside.

;3

( and this got the most post ever, when you posted you wanted Beta Testers, Lul. )

- Ryan
Click the Eggs or they die!
Best of luck,
Ryan
Old August 15th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Kam the Narwhal
Beginning Trainer

Oh, Pahar! I remember that guy... Zephyr actually asked me to do his backsprite, iirc.

Voting for Electric.
Old August 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Pahar's pretty cute although I could never seem to find one in the Demo... (It WAS in the demo right?)
pocket monster trainer
Old August 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Cypher DS

I've just earned my second badge in your current demo. Not sure how relevant any commentary will be since you're releasing version 2.0, but here are my thoughts:

Highlights
-actual backgrounds in Pokemon battles (as opposed to a white vacuum or smears of colour)
-the tongue in cheek humor throughout the game: I love the self-degrading town signs, and all the kids who have given up on training Pokemon in order to play the video game adaptations of the sport.
-the dual-type starters. The extra element really gives them a lot more personality.
-the new rival scenario. A game where you start with the stronger Pokemon? Now there's something refreshing! I do see how the dual-type natures may help Theo to surpass you as his Pokemon rises in level. It should keep you on your toes.

I'm not so keen on
-the diamond-shaped menu system. It's very odd and unintuitive to navigate (I instinctively want to use the left/right arrows to move around, as opposed to up/down). It's also very, very sluggish.
-"vendor trash" fakemon. Owten and Chyinmunk strike me as the Uranium version of Ratatta or Bidoof - normal type Pokemon you pick up at the start of the game to fill your team roster, and abandon as soon as stronger and more interesting elemental types appear. But maybe I'm just bringing in some bad assumptions - as the game designer, how do you envision 'mons like Owten being used in battle? What special abilities do they bring to the mix, and what niche would they fill on a team?

Most importantly
Thank you for finally breaking the the "Monotype Gym Leader" mold! I think that by now everyone has mastered the type advantages of Pokemon, making it far too easy to stack a team of surfers for a fire-type gym, or to earthquake your way through an electric gym. When each of your opponent's 'mons present a different type challenge, you really have your work cut out for you.

I'd be very interested to face these polytype gym leaders in 2-vs-2 matches, especially if they train Pokemon that guard each others' type weaknesses. (grass & rock; psychic & fighting, etc.)

Old August 15th, 2010, 08:48 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

^I agree with most of that, I like how there is 6 gyms and I love the plot.
And every game needs Vendor Trash fakemon. And Chyinmunk isn't compeltely vendor trash because it gains the electric type upon evolution.

And the niche the vt mon fill on the team is HM SLAVE *cough* I mean supporter!
pocket monster trainer
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here