Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:04 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
Just wanted to find out how many Pokeholics here are atheist. I am personally.

If you are, why are you?

If not, why are you not?

Simple enough.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:21 AM).
Zeph.
Casual Player, Silly Username

Nature: Lax
I'm an Atheist. I have been since January this year.

I guess I just got fed up with religion. I felt under pressure thinking that there were rules to my life. The real world's good enough for me

/ω´ 3`)。
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:23 AM).
Honest
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Not me. I'm a Muslim, thus, I believe in one god.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:24 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Send a message via AIM to UndertakerFreak1127 Send a message via Skype™ to UndertakerFreak1127
Quote originally posted by Zeph.:
I'm an Atheist. I have been since January this year.

I guess I just got fed up with religion. I felt under pressure thinking that there were rules to my life. The real world's good enough for me
Glad you actually have a good reason. A lot of people who consider themselves atheists these days are just rebelling kids who think it's the cool thing to do.

I became atheist essentially the minute my dad told me that he wouldn't tell me what to believe and that I could make my own choices.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:29 AM).
Theodore Bruno
ADORABLOODTHIRSTY

Nature: Sassy
I see myself more as an Agnostic Atheist. There's this thing with me involving Gnostics in general. Both Theists and Atheists.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:30 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Quote originally posted by Theodore Bruno:
I see myself more as an Agnostic Atheist. There's this thing with me involving Gnostics in general. Both Theists and Atheists.
Please elaborate on this "thing."
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:35 AM).
Theodore Bruno
ADORABLOODTHIRSTY

Quote originally posted by Misdreavus81:
Please elaborate on this "thing."
A lot of them just rub off as jerks and it just boils down to, "What you believe in a god, you idiot, there is none!" or "What you don't believe in God, I hope you enjoy burning in Hell!" It's rather annoying, when people like them are so stubborn like they actually know %100 what awaits us after death.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:46 AM).
Magik?!
Georgums.

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Magik?! Send a message via Yahoo to Magik?! Send a message via Skype™ to Magik?!
I'm not so much an Athiest as a Humanist. Though I believe there may be something, I don't believe it has any effect over us or anything. I guess I count as agnostic then? I was brought up in Christian schools and stuff, but my mum is buddhist and I encountered a lot of religions and I guess I decided that the religion doesn't actually matter, nor does the God or lack of it - Disasters and tragedies happen everywhere, same with 'miracles' and 'blessings'. If there is a God, it's not discriminatory nor does it mind whether we worship it or not - therefore I choose not to.

part of the fun
of falling in love with you
is the fear you won't fall
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:46 AM).
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave
Quote originally posted by Bloodex:
Not me. I'm a Muslim, thus, I believe in one god.
^ Same.

I won't go around telling people to believe in God, though. That's against Islam :< We're supposed to respect everyone (although I would prefer if people believed in God. What harm is there in believing in good morals? Noting what's written in my signature.)

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:48 AM).
Reginaldvonburger
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Reginaldvonburger
I'm a LeVeyan. Though, I don't actually believe in Satan, just the teachings of the church.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:49 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Quote originally posted by Theodore Bruno:
A lot of them just rub off as jerks and it just boils down to, "What you believe in a god, you idiot, there is none!" or "What you don't believe in God, I hope you enjoy burning in Hell!" It's rather annoying, when people like them are so stubborn like they actually know %100 what awaits us after death.
Reminds me of Christians who are labeled hypocrites and sanctimonious and lumped in with the televangelists when they really aren't.

If you can be complacent with your own view on religion, that's all you really need. The hateful atheists seem to drown out.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:51 AM).
xJordan360
plurfection.

Hello, I am a Wiccan. Otherwise known as an eclectic polytheist.
Old April 25th, 2010 (08:56 AM).
poopnoodle

Send a message via Skype™ to poopnoodle
raised in a christian home and in a christian community, ended up asking myself "too many questions" and decided to abandon my faith. now i just don't get involved, though i might gripe occasionally about how destructive religion can be to the self and to society.
Old April 25th, 2010 (09:11 AM).
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Yusshin:

^ Same.

I won't go around telling people to believe in God, though. That's against Islam :< We're supposed to respect everyone (although I would prefer if people believed in God. What harm is there in believing in good morals? Noting what's written in my signature.)
All comes down to the single person, Yusshin.

I'm an Atheist, and I like it this way. Facing what I know is a reality and not hoping or believing that there's some reason behind all the crap that goes on in the world. There's too much pain and suffering being thrown around for me to believe in a saviour.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old April 25th, 2010 (09:14 AM).
Missingno.7-4468
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Personally, I am a Christian. However, I base all my beliefs directly on the Bible, and not on any one denomination. I was brought up with a lot of denominations(Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Baptist), and I disagree with certain parts of all of them. My belief comes from not only my Christian upbringing, but also the fact that I have felt God's touch many, many times. He has answered my prayers in the most creative of ways.

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old April 25th, 2010 (09:15 AM).
Renege
C arry T he F lame

Maybe, someday. Right now, I'm an agnostic-type believer. My faith dwindles down each day, so we'll see where it ends up.

Credit: インフェルノの津波

Old April 25th, 2010 (09:21 AM).
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Missingno.7-4468:
Personally, I am a Christian. However, I base all my beliefs directly on the Bible, and not on any one denomination. I was brought up with a lot of denominations(Lutheran, Methodist, Presbyterian, and Baptist), and I disagree with certain parts of all of them. My belief comes from not only my Christian upbringing, but also the fact that I have felt God's touch many, many times. He has answered my prayers in the most creative of ways.
Please elaborate for me in which ways he's answered your prayers.

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old April 25th, 2010 (09:43 AM).
Throat
Oldschool pokemon

I consider myself as being agnostic, we can't say anything about it based in logic... I can say I believe an omnopotent god doesn't exist, though.
Old April 25th, 2010 (09:59 AM).
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I am an atheist. I don't believe in a god, because I just don't believe in it. The idea seems ridiculious, to me. It's fine with me if you do believe in a god, in fact one of my best friends believes heavily in the christian God, but I don't. If you can accept that, then we won't have any problems.

EDIT: Also, there is another reason, but like Serene Grace, I won't say it, because a whole bunch of people will disagree with me, and probably flame me. It's not exactly personal, but I don't want to get flamed.
Old April 25th, 2010 (10:00 AM).
Serene Grace
Pokémon Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
I'm an atheist, yeah. Why? For one, it's personal and, also if I did note it here, a lot of people will disagree so lets keep it at that.
Old April 25th, 2010 (10:28 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Quote originally posted by Serene Grace:
I'm an atheist, yeah. Why? For one, it's personal and, also if I did note it here, a lot of people will disagree so lets keep it at that.
Lighten up. It's not like you're posting your vital signs or address. Jeez.
Old April 25th, 2010 (10:32 AM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I am a confirmed Roman Catholic. That doesn't mean I'm one of those fundamentalist asses that will judge you for not believing in the same thing as them, nor do I condemn anything that is traditionally called a sin. I'm a "love thy neighbor" or "hate the sin but love the sinner" brand of Christian.

I believe in a god because life and existence itself is so deep and mysterious that the likelihood of us finding all the answers in earthly things is astronomically low.
Old April 25th, 2010 (10:33 AM).
UndertakerFreak1127
Hollow as a Mountain

Well, since I don't give a damn about being flamed because I'M aware that this is just a forum filled with people I will never meet and have no consequence to fear, I'm atheist because it's logical. No decent God in my mind would let murder, rape, and other atrocities to our society happen. On a more practical level, I haven't seen him or any of his "miracles." God was a clever little story made up by power-hungry and greedy imbeciles long ago to keep populations in check and weasel a few dollars out of it themselves.

I've had family members imprisoned because of lies, friends dead way too soon, and the universal softener I've always received is "he was taken for a reason, he's in a better place."

Bullsh--.

God's only looking out for himself, in that case - not my personal feelings and sanity.

Know how they say "God never gives you more than you can handle"? Tell that to the people on this planet who kill themselves every 30 seconds.

Religion is all an easily refutable pile of nonsense. A crutch to mask reality and placate a tortured soul.

Now flame away - I embrace it.
Old April 25th, 2010 (10:34 AM).
lx_theo
Game Developer

Nature: Careful
This is the least confrontation thread about religion I've ever seen!

Well I'm an atheist. I never had any pressure growing up to be religious, so I never bought into any of it. I also hold a strong belief in the validity and the strength of the scientific method, of which from what I've seen, many religions would not pass as real when put through.

Old April 25th, 2010 (10:36 AM).
Yamikarasu
Wannabe Hasbeen

Nature: Lax
I'm atheist... but I don't like these threads. >_<

White FC: 0046 2399 7625

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links