The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

View Poll Results: If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?
Yes 1,215 93.32%
No 87 6.68%
Voters: 1302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 31st, 2011, 05:47 PM
Eпvy
Winds ღ

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
I am not so sure about Kanto. On the one hand, there hasn't yet been a Generation where Kanto has not appeared. On the other, maybe that would be a good thing.
Isn't it really all just a coincidence that we've ended up with a version of Kanto in each generation?

1st. Kanto was the main location.
2nd. Kanto was connected to Johto.
3rd. The first generation games were remade.
4th. The second generation games were remade.

Quote:
I heard suspect things about Johto possibly being included though: In HGSS, they say the Burned Tower is to be rebuilt (something not said in the originals), and in the original games, during development, it was widely speculated Johto (and to some extent, possibly Kanto, although as we know they later came out with FRLG instead)) would have appeared - this is supported by resequenced music tracks from GSC being found in the game (Radio Tower under Rocket control, Route 38, GSC Pewter City, Beast Trio theme, and an unused Pokemon Center theme).
There was a topic about this recently, and a couple of members in there explained why it was nothing significant. The topic is here.

I think it would be sooo awesome if they did let us visit an old region, but that's not what Ruby/Sapphire was. Isn't the timeline set up as to where the Kanto adventure and Hoenn adventure happened around the same time while all of the other ones happened various years later?

It would be weird visiting Johto pre-G/S/C/HG/SS adventure, and it would be weird visiting Kanto as well. Especially when thinking of beating Red... Which if this happened they'd BETTER include Leaf this time.
Old June 1st, 2011, 08:27 AM
ggctuk

They can do whatever they want - it may even be a 'reimagining' and not a true remake, or even a pseudo-sequel to the original games.

Another clue since Summer rolled on and the Undella Town villas have been filled up: The middle villa has two people on holiday from Hoenn, and Steven is mentioned. Cynthia mentions a meeting of the Champions where the Champions of each region assemble together to battle.
Old June 1st, 2011, 06:52 PM
Poke-Amph
Beginning Trainer

Dive being in BW definitely makes me think that there is a good chance of a RS remake. Like Suicune said, Dive wasn't included in Gen IV. Including that mechanic in the engine was most likely GameFreak looking forward.

More than anything, the fact that RS remakes are guaranteed to sell 1 million+ copies makes me think Nintendo will be pushing for some remakes. :cheeky:
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:29 AM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
i still think it will be an emerald remake, the emeralds in cercrelan cave in HG/SS and the emerald mine in the gym (forgot which one, sorry) in B/W wasnt for nothing, thats enough evidence right there considering there was absolutly nothing going toward R/S besides the legendarys, and even that if you get both of them you get RAYQUAZA! think about it....

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:11 PM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior
Well, think of this:
Gen.3 had R/B/G remakes
Gen.4 had S/G remakes

Now, fallowing this order it would be logical to have
Gen.5 have R/S remakes.

And if they do, I will buy them! At least one.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
solarowl
I'll always be an Outsider.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to solarowl
I'm going with R/S remakes, because, you know, people want as much money as they can get, so why not make two games with lots of differences?
That'll make them more influenced to buy the other version, unless they can trade.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:30 PM
JinRazielGames
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Brave
Terra Ruby
Aqua Sapphire
Ventus Emerald.

Sound good?
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCyndaquil View Post
i still think it will be an emerald remake, the emeralds in cercrelan cave in HG/SS and the emerald mine in the gym (forgot which one, sorry) in B/W wasnt for nothing, thats enough evidence right there considering there was absolutly nothing going toward R/S besides the legendarys, and even that if you get both of them you get RAYQUAZA! think about it....
I think that might be digging a little too deep into the barrel, tbh. I enjoy Emerald more than RS, but why would they remake the deluxe version? It'd rake in more to remake the two counterparts, plus it's just more unique, and it goes in accordance to the originals. Don't see why they're wanna mess that formula up now.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Zeffy
bowties are cool

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I bet they'll do it like they did on HGSS. They would include Emerald features together with the R/S features. I like it better that way, I just hope they keep Wallace as the champion and make Steven in Meteor Falls much harder to fight. <3
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

I think that might be digging a little too deep into the barrel, tbh. I enjoy Emerald more than RS, but why would they remake the deluxe version? It'd rake in more to remake the two counterparts, plus it's just more unique, and it goes in accordance to the originals. Don't see why they're wanna mess that formula up now.
i see what you mean, but the previous games also left hints to future games and remakes, yeah sure there were mentions of the hoenn region, but nothing directing toward a R/S remake in particular, dont get me wrong, if R/S remakes DID come out i would buy them for sure, hoenn is my second (johto being first) region to ever play through, but emerald just seems more likely if you look at the evidence.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old June 3rd, 2011, 03:31 AM
Azure
» Flame!
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Azure
I just really hope that they decide to remake Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire. They are almost unplayable now as the DSi & 3DS is taking over especially for younger generations who are just getting into gaming who will go straight for a DSi/3DS. That and the fact that R/S/E are the best Pokémon games of all time (in my opinion) ;)

Old June 3rd, 2011, 07:22 AM
Blaziken15
You gotta purty mouth!

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Blaziken15
I agree Suicune.

Do we have a name we all think it should be, cause mine would be Pokemon Raging Ruby and Pokemon Sacred Sapphire.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 08:14 AM
ggctuk

Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
I bet they'll do it like they did on HGSS. They would include Emerald features together with the R/S features. I like it better that way, I just hope they keep Wallace as the champion and make Steven in Meteor Falls much harder to fight. <3
They could do both: Make Steven the Champion at first, but after beating him, he disappears and is replaced by Wallace in the tougher Pokemon League, with Steven becoming the most powerful trainer in Meteor Falls.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:07 AM
Theab95
Legend hunter

They will do R/S remakes, in Lance's room in HG/SS There's a red/blue Pokeball
where he is standing, that's a hint.
It would be great If they do like B/W, In the last gym make Wallace in the remake of Ruby, Juan in the remake of Sapphire.
Old June 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
Twilight-kun
Pokemon World Champion 2014-15

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Twilight-kun Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Twilight-kun Send a message via Yahoo to Twilight-kun Send a message via Skype™ to Twilight-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theab95 View Post
They will do R/S remakes, in Lance's room in HG/SS There's a red/blue Pokeball
where he is standing, that's a hint.
It would be great If they do like B/W, In the last gym make Wallace in the remake of Ruby, Juan in the remake of Sapphire.

That's a good idea actually...or make Flannery the last Gym Leader in Ruby (Red/Fire?)

PLOT TWIST!
Old June 3rd, 2011, 06:32 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Sort of on-topic, I heard there was a guy working on a ROM hack of BW that will act as a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. People have made some progress, making the main character sprite look like the one from RSE, and they have a hack where you can battle steven in a double battle. I for one am very excited about this, but of course I will still buy Nintendo's version whenever it comes out (hopefully on 3DS :D)

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old June 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

We went over this on the last page. It will never happen because there is no tool out that can edit the maps of a DS Pokémon game, creating a brand new DS Pokémon hack is of yet impossible for this and other reasons.
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
I think they will remake R/S
Due to it's suppose to be a tropical island.
and ... well look how it turned it. Doesnt look to tropical does it.

And also R/S/E cannot connect to B/W anymore.
Unless migrating from r/s to hg/ss then from Hg/ss to B/W using poke transfer (fun fun fun!)

But as for someone saying them remaking red and green again.
That doesn't need to be done since HG/SS Sorta counts as a remake of it since it includes kanto kind of and the legendaries and wild pokémon.
Old June 7th, 2011, 01:07 AM
rocky505
<Now who's awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavile05 View Post
Sort of on-topic, I heard there was a guy working on a ROM hack of BW that will act as a remake of Ruby and Sapphire. People have made some progress, making the main character sprite look like the one from RSE, and they have a hack where you can battle steven in a double battle. I for one am very excited about this, but of course I will still buy Nintendo's version whenever it comes out (hopefully on 3DS :D)
I do not consider that hack a RSE remake type of hack. It is in the Unova region still. The creator stole sprites from around the web. Plus some of those sprites(Roxannes) are god awful.
Old June 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
NatureKeeper
No longer active here.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to NatureKeeper Send a message via Skype™ to NatureKeeper
One thing for sure, if RS Remake is announced, then we know Diamond and Pearl are getting a remake next generation.
Old June 10th, 2011, 05:15 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
One thing for sure, if RS Remake is announced, then we know Diamond and Pearl are getting a remake next generation.
Not really in fact - just because a 'pattern' arises doesn't mean it's going to be stuck to and hence it's no given if RSE remakes happen that DPPt remakes will also happen. Same in that HGSS doesn't ensure that RSE remakes will occur.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old June 11th, 2011, 09:39 AM
ggctuk

DDPt is still 3DS-compatible. The only way they'd make DPPt remakes is if compatibility is completely broken in Gen 6 like it was in Gen 3.
Old June 11th, 2011, 11:40 AM
MrGriszell
Madara

1. I want the story in arc form.
For example if any of you guys have played kingdom hearts 2 after you beat all the worlds you have to go back and do them again but with further story added. Lets say after you beat the eliet four before you can challenge the gym leader for a rematch you have to do a little side quest with them. Maybe they will follow you like your tag partner in gen 4. And i want the rematch levels to be in the 80's.

2. instead of a battle frontier i want an actual pokemon leauge. It can be similar to the battle building next to the pokemon center in nimbassa city.

3. I want to see this tournement with all the champions that cynthia talks about.

4. I wann see prof oak.

5. I wanna see it on the 3ds( not for the 3d aspect but for the meomory space and the graphics.

6. If it is on the 3ds i want downloadable content such as new trainers and storyline events.

7. I want the menu system from HG/SS back.

8. I want expanded city and towns

9. i want a bigger map( goes with 8)

10. Follow me feature to return and maybe optional
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:50 PM
ggctuk

There's not been a game that has moved onto another console in the same generation since Gen 2 (and then it was Crystal that moved from supporting the GB to only supporting the GBC)
Old June 11th, 2011, 02:09 PM
MrGriszell
Madara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
There's not been a game that has moved onto another console in the same generation since Gen 2 (and then it was Crystal that moved from supporting the GB to only supporting the GBC)
Its not like we have 100 years of pokemon history to go by so its not like it cant happen. And like you said it happend with crystal. And a next gen console has never been released at the star of a pokemon generation ....except for the 2nd gen....and now the 5th. So if it happend like that befor why not now?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links