The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:51 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Time to catch up with some not-too-old friends.
Old May 1st, 2010, 08:37 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
So, we get to meet Candice again...and her voice...It's funny how she has the time to meet up with Zoey even though it's rare that she has any challengers in Snowpoint. And Zoey gets her 5th ribbon. And Paul gets his 8th badge.

I never heard of a spicy ice cream. And that was Dawn's inspiration...to make FLAME ICE!!

Candice and her Abomasnow. They should be in contests, too.

Poor Pachirisu, it couldn't get out of the vortex that was created.

Flame Ice is an awesome move, it seems. That will be great in contests!

I still want Jessie (Jesselina) to win the next contest. I'm pulling for her all the way. I'm still playing the Devil's Advocate. I just don't think that Yanmega and Wobbuffet would make a good pairing. This was a pretty good episode; I wish they could just hurry it up with the next Gym Battle, but it's still nice, though. 8.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:54 AM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthajam View Post
So, we get to meet Candice again...and her voice...
This was the first time I have heard Candice's voice dubbed. It got really annoying after the first 2 seconds she started talking. Anyways I was getting goosebumps throughout the episode because I heard the anime version of route 2 (almost made me cry) and wait wait, wait for it......LILYCOVE CITY! OMG THEY PLAYED THAT IN THE EPISODE!
-sniff-
It was a fairly good episode besides Candice's dubbed voice. The only thing that bugged me was that Ash is really falling behind. Can he get his 8th badge already....
Old May 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM
Fithboy
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
AHHHHH!! Cadence annoys me so much on the annie!! She's always going on about her 'KeyI' or something.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I'm still trying to figure out what she means by "Key Eye" or something like that. But hey, the Flame Ice move is still pretty epic!

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

^ Kiai

- Wow, Ash and Dawn arguing...
- Candice? o.O
- Zoey sounds more and more like a boy all the time
- Paul has 8 badges ~ And Ash still doesn't o.o
- Obamasnow
- I am sure Zoey's a lesbian...
- Leafeon ~

Music kept: (5)

DP Wild Pokemon Battle
Contest theme
Lilycove City
Kimi no Soba de ~ Ballad version
Route 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitchCity View Post
Anyways I was getting goosebumps throughout the episode because I heard the anime version of route 2 (almost made me cry) and wait wait, wait for it......LILYCOVE CITY! OMG THEY PLAYED THAT IN THE EPISODE!
Wow, completely didn't catch that the theme I heard was Lilycove City...but the route theme you heard was route 3, not route 2 :P Route 2 is the same as route 1
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:30 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I really liked this episode. The stand-out thing for me had to be when Jessie was all "Gym Leaders are cool!" and stuff since that reminded me of when James said "Rocket ships are cool!". I also thought it was really cool when Candice had the smashed Ice Shard swirling around her causing me to shout "Candice is cool!". Well not really but it was pretty cool.
Old May 4th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Diablerie
Exceptionally Adequate

Nature: Relaxed
I hadn't seen any episodes with Candice in it before so i kinda sweatdropped when i heard her speak for the first time.

"We get to see Zoe-Zoe show everyone some serious keiai!"

What on earth does keiai mean? And she calls Zoey, Zoe-Zoe? ...
Actually her voice isn't bad though... just the way she talks...
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Ya,I liked the episode too. Not much action and was just layed back. Fire and Ice is awsome as well. I think it was called Flameice.

Sorry for getting off topic,but Ash doesn't get his 8th badge till after the Grand Festival. He does talk to the gym leader,but they have to rebuild the city so he postpones his battle.
Old May 4th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I love Candice when she suddenly goes off about one's kiai. I think it's a humorous moment every time and with her voice it just makes it more funnier. She seems like the least caring Gym Leader of all. o3o

As for the overall episode, I watched it today and to be honest, I wasn't as pleased as I thought I might have been. I was hoping they had focused more on the double battle practice between Zoey and Dawn itself and kept everything more minor. The battle just seemed so short lived and with Kirlia and Leafeon I would have liked to see more than just a Double Magical Leaf and Psychic combination. I guess it's all being saved for the Grand Festival though, which I see to be "epic in the making."

So, Paul got all eight badges, huh? Ash better catch up if he wants to prove Paul wrong about his training methods. Then again, we already know about their confrontation at the Sinnoh League, don't we? Except for the final outcome of course.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
This episode was alright. Pretty calm and everything... Still, it's always fun to see a gym leader return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthajam View Post
I'm still trying to figure out what she means by "Key Eye" or something like that. But hey, the Flame Ice move is still pretty epic!

"Kiai" is a Japanese word that means focus/fighting spirit, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
Lilycove City
That was nice! I had never heard the Lilycove anime version before this episode.

...I need to watch more Japanese Hoenn episodes. XD

Oh, and yeah! This is the 200th episode to be dubbed by TPCi. Woah.

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; May 7th, 2010 at 09:02 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here