< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology [Problem] Laptop Fuzzy Screen

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Reply Post Reply
Old May 1st, 2010 (1:16 PM).
Nature: Hasty
I've been having this problem for a month. I don't know how it happened, but one day I was just using my laptop when I noticed there were fuzzy colours all over. I thought it was the pictures, but it's actually my screen. The reason I know that is because when I printed something, it came out fine. On my screen, though, it had red and green dots on it.

When I hover my cursor over a part like that, the "shadow" of my cursor makes it disappear. I have some pictures, but they're not screenshots. The reason is because this happens only on my screen. Most oft the time it's red dots, but it's blue and green as well. Sometimes it covers a whole space (like the gray space in MS Paint) and there's kind of like a waving effect.

The Google picture isn't good. It's actually the camera that made that effect. But, the fuzzy colours are basically like that. Any solutions?

Welcome to GreenStorm's Signature Playthrough!

In my signature, I will play a Pokémon game and let you decide on the action! The current decision is:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander? PM me with your choice and check out the blog as well!
Old May 3rd, 2010 (1:02 AM).
a.k.a: ethan.
Crystal Tier
Nature: Modest
Please tell me that's not an HP dv2000. The whole series had failing Graphics cores and that's exactly what it looks like. Try reinstalling your graphics drivers.

PS: Does this coincide with the laptop getting hot? Appears after usage?
Old May 3rd, 2010 (10:00 AM).
Computer Tech
Nature: Modest
It does appear to either be a failing Video Card/Video Card drivers, but it could also be dead/stuck pixels. If it's stuck pixels, try gently massaging the screen. If that doesn't work then try this tool:

If it's dead pixels, then it will require replacing the entire screen. Although if it is the same model as Archers, then you've got all kinds of other issues, and at that point, it's just better to replace the laptop/notebook.

Many thanks to Shadow_Ball for the sig pic!

I don't use "uber" Pokemon, I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links