The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:47 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokestick, good times. View Post
Spoiler:
I think they're going to stretch this further than twelve episodes.

Because this is pretty much the perfect place for them to add fillers. Sorry, but I really can't view them in any other light xD;

Really now, not only could they make up interaction and events before the arc itself starts, but they could very well add more "character development" with the Xcution members (I can definitely see Orihime and Riruka in an episode), similar to the mini fillers with Hitsugaya and the others in Arrancar arc. I think arcs like Turn back the pendulum and Deicide were a little too serious for them to add fillers in, but bear in mind they spammed filler right after.

So with that in mind, plus them stretching out battles like they usually do, I think we're looking at at least seventeen episodes.

But I might be really, really wrong

Spoiler:
Yeah, probably. Especially since Kubo is really going to try and pick up the pace (to bring up Bleach from its slump), and the animators might want to drag it out so Kubo can start the "proper" arc. Then again, they might also want to go through it quickly, because they know how badly it was recieved. The former is more likely, though.

I'd laugh if it comes out to 14-15 episodes; exactly between us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeltyShard378 View Post
Has a new manga chapter really not come out in 2 weeks? Or have the scanlators I've been reading from just been busy with other stuff?
Manga hasn't come out. The scanlators are always on time with big manga, like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach. Last week was Obon.
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:01 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I was more pissed about missing out on my weekly dose of Penguinz but yeah, bad timing to bring *spoiler* and *Spoilers spoiler spoilers* back considering there's no chapter next week to follow up smoothly.

Anyway, this weeks filler episode was brought to you by the letter S for
Spoiler:
Old August 17th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
FINE THEN, FUDGE THE ANIME. AND MY THOUGHTS ON IT.
CHAAAAAAPTEEEERRRR
Spoiler:
Bleach humour. Yay :D

NEW DESIGNS. ALL OF THEM. I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE LOGIC IS IN THIS, BUT THEY ALL HAVE NEW DESIGNS :D:D:D:D:D:D

Now imagining Ichigo screaming "ZETSUBOU ****A!".

And you know what? I'm not even going to start ranting about the logic of the other ones giving Ichigo reiatsu and him being immensily strong and all that jazz. Kubo can just have it the way he wants.

Ginjo yells that Ichigo's attack ins't enough to damage him.
Did he forget that Urahara, Isshin, Rukia, Ikkaku, Byakuya and all the others are present? That doesn't seem like something you'd overlook.

Also, looked up fullbring.

--> "Fullbringers each have a parent who was attacked by a Hollow before they were born"
--> Ichigo's father is an experienced Shinigami.

Well played, Kubo. Well played.

Old August 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Spoiler:

This chapter was AWESOME!

I like the splash page. Seeing Rukia in colour again is always nice.

Ah, that kick. Kubo's gone back to his usual writing style again. But I'm glad. That "YOU WERE CRYING LIKE A SISSY!!!!" line really kind of hit it home, though.

Aha, don't interrupt Rukia XD

I think Renji looks the same.
Byakuya has a different style Haori (his got destroyed, right?) and his hair is slightly different (that hairpiece isn't there) and he doesn't have the scarf.
Hitsugaya grew an inch! Oh, no, wait, he's standing on a ledge... His hair is more similar to when he was a kid, I think.
Kenpachi no longer has those massive spikes XD.
Ikkaku... Just looks a bit more muscular. But his right arm looks kind of weird.
Looks like Ikkaku and Renji didn't become captains, then :/

Okay, so we have 3 captains and 3 lieutenants (Ikkaku is definitely Lieutenant-level) giving Ichigo some of his reiatsu. Surely his body must have some kind of explosion with all the reiatsu suddenly going into him.

Kubo loves the word "despair". Ulquiorra used it all the time "Look, Kurosaki. This is true despair." and Rukia used it 3 times here...

What is it with Ichigo gaining new powers, and always suddenly becoming a badass? A few seconds ago he was crying, and now he's like "...are you an idiot?"

Alright, it looks like Ginjou will die from that. But will Tsukishima also be hit and killed? I guess it depends on whether Kubo wants to give him any lines. Also - if Ginjou and Tsukishima die - this will be the first time that Ichigo has killed someone, right? Hollows don't count because technically they're "purified" (and I think all the ones that he's done are brainless). And of the Arrancars, Dordoni was killed by an Exequias, Grimmjow was chopped down by Nnoitra, Ulquiorra faded into ash, and... those are the only ones that he fought. I think.

Butyeah. It looks like now that the fighting has started, either Kubo will go with the "kill Ginjou and Tsukishima quickly and move on", or "give them a proper ending" (the later of which could drag on for a few more chapters). From there... Probably some humour with Kenpachi wanting to slash down Ichigo to test out his new powers. But then, I don't know.

And obviously, the 3 Captains, 3 Lieutenants, and 2 ex-captains won't join in on the fight at all.

Also, Pokestick, the logic is that now he has a TON of reiatsu (with everyone chipping in a bit), so he's back to where he was, or even better.

And Ginjou explained that a Fullbring was "Half Hollow-Half Human" in the same way that Ichigo was "Half Shinigami-Half Human" (which is why Ichigo can take their powers - and vice versa, it seems). Rasen and I discussed the "a parents being attacked", and scientifically, it makes more sense for the mother to be attacked, because then her eggs would have reiatsu in them, which could be passed down (as opposed to the father, who would get new sperm every whenever. And we know they do, because some people are born in Soul Society - mostly nobles, I think). How Ichigo got Fullbring powers... I don't even.

Last edited by I like Pokemon (...); August 17th, 2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Oh me and my questioning and oh you and your explaining.

Spoiler:
So I'm guessing there's still at least a couple of chapters till we get to see SS again.

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:10 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Oh me and my questioning and oh you and your explaining.
Is that a bad thing?
It's why I'm here. To explain ****. Keep the questions coming, I love 'em 8D
Quote:

Spoiler:
So I'm guessing there's still at least a couple of chapters till we get to see SS again.
Spoiler:
Almost definitely. We first have to finish off Ginjou and Tsukishima, and explain everything behind them (how do they know about Ichigo and Isshin and Urahara? Why do they want to kill him so much?) - as well as maybe a bit more explanation on Isshin and Urahara in general. We also need to find out about the rest of XCution - we don't know if they were against Ichigo right from the beginning, or not.

And then, it depends on how Kubo wants to shift the focus. He can stay on Ichigo (and do... what?) or go to Soul Society (and again, do... what?)
Old August 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

The latest chapter screamed "I need higher ratings"
Spoiler:
The scene with all of the captains/vice captains, I could literally hear the fangirls screaming when Hitsugaya and Byakuya turned up on the same page.

That wasn't Gesuga *****, that was just air....*Flashback to Ichigo's trolling of Aizen when he was in his FGT stage one. And the new GT looks like it'd cut you in half, noice.

Anyway, i'm guessing...
Spoiler:
Ginjou gets defeated here but Tschi slips away and begins scheming for the next arc.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
Is that a bad thing?
It's why I'm here. To explain ****. Keep the questions coming, I love 'em 8D
And that's awesome :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lapras- View Post
Making Bleach original again didn't work out for him, eh?
Quote:
Spoiler:
The scene with all of the captains/vice captains, I could literally hear the fangirls screaming when Hitsugaya and Byakuya turned up on the same page.
I actually don't understand why people love Hitsugaya SO DAMN MUCH. The hidden secrets of fangirlism, I guess.
Quote:
Anyway, i'm guessing...
Spoiler:
Ginjou gets defeated here but Tschi slips away and begins scheming for the next arc.
Spoiler:
Wait... don't tell me... him... and... SS.

And now those who are stationed in the living world will have to fight the Tsukishima'd Soul Society shinigami.
THAT WOULD BE A *****.

...Rather that than bounts, though.

Old August 17th, 2011, 04:28 PM
smile!
Kangaskhan

Nature: Modest
Spoiler:
"I will use this power to protect my friends" Typical Ichigo, as always. >.>

Glad to see the comic relief with Rukia and Ichigo XD
And Urahara knew about Tsukishima. I wonder how.

"He can change your past, but not your future." Awesome quote :3

A sword Urahara prepared for Ichigo... Meaning it's not Isshin's after all.

OH MY GOD. New appearances! Hitsugaya looks cooler. No pun intended ILPy is right, he looks like his younger version. And Byakuya has a new haori? Though I was kinda expecting Renji to be wearing a haori as well.

Though I wonder, did they do this with Soul Society's permission? I mean, it being against the law and all. Though yeah, since how they might consider Ichigo as Soul Society's savior and all.

Aaaaaand, payback time. Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Pokemon (...) View Post
Spoiler:
(how do they know about Ichigo and Isshin and Urahara? Why do they want to kill him so much?)
I only want to know that. The motive. e.e

Quote:
Anyway, i'm guessing...
Spoiler:
Ahhh no. I hope this doesn't extend into a whole long arc. >.>
Spoiler:
I had hoped this would be kinda like a filler, idk. But yeah, because now that the shinigami are back, fullbring seems... lame. XD We still need to see a lot of explanation with the shinigami wouldn't mind seeing a few more bankai and I think, if Kubo really wants to continue with this Fullbring arc, he'll have to bring in a whole bunch more of Fullbringers because the current XCution members trying to fight against the whole Soul Society would be very, very absurd. Unless what Pokestick mentioned below happens. XD

Quote:
And now those who are stationed in the living world will have to fight the Tsukishima'd Soul Society shinigami.[/spoiler]THAT WOULD BE A *****.
XD

Anyway, I thought this was going to happen? XD

Quote:
Spoiler:

Anyway, yay for revamped Soul Society that we're about to see!

...In SOUL SOCIETY ARC II. Meet the new captains, as they fight the intruder Ichigo, trying to save Rukia from execution because she transferred her powers illegally to Ichigo AGAIN. 8D

Old August 17th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Lance
Pokémon Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Lance
AWWWWWWW YEAAHHHH

Spoiler:

These chapters had begun to bore me a bit before today. So, so epic.

Spoiler:

The redesigns are pretty awesome, but I sort of expected some new captain vacancies to be filled by some of the lieutenants present, but we have yet to see the new and improved Gotei 13. Also, maybe we'll find out if there were any Vizard survivors.
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_Wire466
Spoiler:

The redesigns are pretty awesome, but I sort of expected some new captain vacancies to be filled by some of the lieutenants present, but we have yet to see the new and improved Gotei 13. Also, maybe we'll find out if there were any Vizard survivors.
Spoiler:
The empty captain slots will obviously be filled by completely new characters. Because Kubo needs new characters for his epic ratings to come!

And I can kind of see how Renji and Ikkaku are still lieutenants, since they want to stick with their captain and blah blah blah pride and idek. Renji and his bankai are probably still considered inexperienced too (and I guess the same goes for Ikkaku), and apparently not everyone can be "child geniuses" like Hitsugaya.

From experience, saying the new Gotei 13 would be improved in any way (politically) would be naive (I know you didn't mean politically, but xD). Because no matter how much the current system proves itself to be bad, it's kept. Through basically the same methods tyrants use. I have power, and I use it to keep the power to myself.

Old August 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
MeltyShard378
Invisible Ninja Gal

Nature: Quirky
Spoiler:
Oh yeah. So what happens if Tsukishima runs off and everyone else is still in "tsukishima-is-our-friend" mode?
~Music is life
Old August 18th, 2011, 01:33 PM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

Quote:
Spoiler:
Oh yeah. So what happens if Tsukishima runs off and everyone else is still in "tsukishima-is-our-friend" mode?
Spoiler:
I was wondering that as well. I dunno what'll happen, but even if they still are under the effects, it could also turn out that since they would know of all the shinigami who just came to Ichigo's aide, and they trust them, so they may realize that they have been tricked. But that is all up in the air for now...
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
One guess would be that everyone just turns back to normal under Kubo magic, since this plotdevice isn't needed any more. Time for the next arc!

Old August 19th, 2011, 05:51 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Aha, yeah. At least he's speeding up into the good stuff.
Quote:
Anyway, i'm guessing...
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I hope not. While I think maybe the Fullbring concept can be revisited later, doing it through Tsukishima's return probably wouldn't come out right.

Quote:
And that's awesome :DMaking Bleach original again didn't work out for him, eh?I actually don't understand why people love Hitsugaya SO DAMN MUCH. The hidden secrets of fangirlism, I guess.
He's a bishie shota (a bishota?). That's pretty much all there is to it, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_Wire466 View Post

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
As did I, but it looks like Pokestick will probably be right - new captains. Or - and this is a very big or - some Vaizards fill in the seats, under the rule that they aren't allowed to use their Hollow powers. Very, very unlikely though.

As for Vaizard survivors, no good guy died. At all. Even Hiyori and Hinamori survived. Gin might still be alive, too.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I'm sure Urahara has an answer to that.

But this is part of the reason why I don't want Tsukishima to run off - but if he does, and Urahara doesn't have an answer, Pikapal's idea is the most likely.

Last edited by I like Pokemon (...); August 19th, 2011 at 06:03 AM.
Old August 19th, 2011, 06:55 AM
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Fangirls love Shiro-chan because he's Shiro-chan. That's simply all there is to it. XD
(says a fangirl)

LOL

Anyway.

Spoiler:
I dunno if Tsukishima and Ginjou will be killed in the next few chapters. I was under the impression they'd get away, and Ichigo and friends go to the SS and think of a plan... But hey, Kubo's tricked me before, and I think he might just do it again. XD He's pretty good at that, if you ask me. I kinda wanna see all the other SS characters again. Wonder how Momo's doing. I hope she's okay. I also want to see... Well, everyone of some kind of importance. Except Omaeda. I could go the rest of Bleach without ever seeing him again, and I'd be happy. XD Ooohhh I'm mean. LOL

Oh BTW... Tomorrow (August 20) I move into the dorms for college. So I'll be a lot less active, sadly. I'll drop by every now and then, but life comes first. I figure I should let you guys know. I'll try not to disappear for too long, and drop in somewhat often though.
Old August 19th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
...wait. Gin, alive? I might have missed a thing or two in my Bleach history, but I think it seemed pretty obvious that he died. Rangiku looked preeetty depressed after the battles had ended :V

That doesn't change the fact that I'd love it if he was alive, but yeah :/

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:01 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Spoiler:
...wait. Gin, alive? I might have missed a thing or two in my Bleach history, but I think it seemed pretty obvious that he died. Rangiku looked preeetty depressed after the battles had ended :V

That doesn't change the fact that I'd love it if he was alive, but yeah :/
Spoiler:

This is the only page we have of Rangiku and Gin
She talks about how all the other times he disappeared, he never left anything, and how it's a good thing that he didn't, because then she would be stuck in the same spot.

To me, it sounds rather vague and ambiguous. She's reminiscing about the past, but you could apply it now, too (that he has disappeared, and didn't leave anything). In that case, "disappearing" can either mean metaphorically (he died), or literally he went somewhere without a trace.

Also, in his previous appearance, he says he can "hit the trail". Again, this can mean "go somewhere", or "die". Even if it means the latter, it doesn't necessarily means he did die. People sometimes think they'll die, but end up getting healed/treated/whatever.

I think Kubo could get away with bringing him back, but at the same time, can call him dead. Depends on if he wants to do anything (like Grimmjow, Nel, sort-of Ulquiorra...).

Bleach.Wikia says nothing on his status of alive/deceased.

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:22 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Oh ok. I guess that's just a translation team doing their thing, so we'd really have to check the Japanese version to study what he said, but when you put it like that, it really does seem like he could be returning.

If he does, I guess we've all just been Kubo-trolled :P

And while I really don't believe Grimmjow or Ulqiorra will return (Nelliel is a possibiliy, though), I guess the fans would want it enough for Kubo to eventually consider it xD

It sucks how the Central 46 isn't exactly on the forgiving side, or even on the admitting they were wrong-side. Because Having Urahara and the Vaizards back as captains would really be sweet :P

Old August 19th, 2011, 08:26 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Oh ok. I guess that's just a translation team doing their thing, so we'd really have to check the Japanese version to study what he said, but when you put it like that, it really does seem like he could be returning.

If he does, I guess we've all just been Kubo-trolled

And while I really don't believe Grimmjow or Ulqiorra will return (Nelliel is a possibiliy, though), I guess the fans would want it enough for Kubo to eventually consider it xD

It sucks how the Central 46 isn't exactly on the forgiving side, or even on the admitting they were wrong-side. Because Having Urahara and the Vaizards back as captains would really be sweet
Spoiler:
Even then, though, part of the reason why we have so many different possible translations (which reminds me - I haven't checked any other groups' translations for that line), language is unfortunately never 1-to-1 exact. So even if we looked at the Japanese, we might have a slightly better understanding, but we'd probably still be in the same problem.

And the wonders of wording sentences >D

Yeah. Then again, Hiyori probably wouldn't join. Unless she's being Tsundere.
Old August 19th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
It's not like she was a captain anyway, so who gives >_>

I like that about Japanese, that one word can mean so many things.

Old August 19th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Merciless Cremator
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Spoiler:

Anime
Just wow...your shinigami clothes go white when you lose power, it seems.
Ichigo got his powers back...again.
Honestly, I like even more now because of this Arc.

Manga
Renji isn't a captain...crap.
Well everyone had a few changes during the break.
The sooner Ichigo ends these two, the better.

So how is everyone?
Anyone not going to college or something?
Good luck to everyone who is.

Edit: Zam is having problems getting here. So until he gets it fixed, he'll be missing for a bit.

Last edited by Merciless Cremator; August 20th, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:15 AM
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

Remember those Battle Data Charts that most of us have made? I decided to play around with the numbers a bit. I’ll rank everyone based on each stat and the total; I’ll calculate the “average rank” of everybody, and I’ll also calculate the area of each chart. I’ll do the same for the Canon Gotei 13 as well.

Ranking:
Spoiler:

An image comparing all the numbers of everyone’s charts. They are ordered by squad then rank (which is why Rasen and Cyber both come before smile!).

Before I rank everyone by each stat, I want to do some averaging – to see what the average member’s total would be, and if each stat was equal, what each stat would be. We have 2 members with quite low averages (because they aren’t Captains) – CyberBlaziken and Kamiya-chan. However, we also have Zameric who (being Head Captain) is quite a bit above everyone else. When we average out their total, we get 470 (473 rounded down) which is just below a weak captain. But if we average each of the stats, and round them up and down to the nearest multiple of 10 (so we get numbers like 90, 80, 70, etc.), the total becomes 480 – which is a weak captain. So because they kind of average out, I shall keep them in.

So if we take the average of all eleven totals, we get 490 (486.36). If the stats were all equal, they would be about 80 (81.06), but perhaps with one 90 stat somewhere. It doesn’t add up exactly because I’ve rounded quite heavily, but you get the point. From here, we can compare how everyone does against the “average”. As a note, the 80 figure will be called the “Rounded Average” for comparison.

Offense:
Spoiler:
1. Zameric (100)
=1. Merciless Cremator (100)
=1. Live_Wire466 (100)
=1. Minchan (100)
5. Rasencero (90)
6. Graceful (80)
=6. Pikapal642 (80)
=6. Kamiya-chan (80)
=6. CyberBlaziken (80)
10. I like Pokemon (…) (70)
11. smile! (60)

Total Offense: 940
Average Offense: 90 (85.45)
Rounded Average: 80 (81.06)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 5
Number of people equal to the Rounded Average: 4
Number of people below Rounded Average: 2

Quite simply, all I did was rank each member by their offense. If anyone shared the same spot, then they have an = next to their rank, and are ordered by the squad that they’re in.

As a club, Offense is one of our strongest stats – in fact; it is the stat with the most number of 100s in it, with four. However, we have only one person with 90 (Rasencero), and a lot of people with 80. We just about make it to the round-off mark, though, and round up to 90.

Defense:
Spoiler:
1. Zameric (80)
=1. Graceful (80)
=1. Smile! (80)
4. Pikapal642 (70)
=4. Minchan (70)
=4. I like Pokemon (…) (70)
=4. Rasencero (70)
=4. CyberBlaziken (70)
9. Live_Wire (60)
=9. Kamiya-chan (60)
11. Merciless Cremator (50)

Total Defence: 760
Average Defence: 70 (69.09)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 0
Number of people equal to the Rounded Average: 3
Number of people below Rounded Average: 8

Defence is by far our worst stat – it is 70 points below our second worst stat! We have no one with more than 80 defence, and five people with 70 Defence, with more people having a Defence below the Rounded Average than equal to and above it.

Mobility:
Spoiler:
1. Merciless Cremator (100)
=1. Live_Wire466 (100)
=1. Pikapal642 (100)
4. Zameric (90)
=4. Kamiya-chan (90)
=4. Smile! (90)
7. Graceful (80)
=7. I like Pokemon (…) (80)
9. minchan (70)
=9. Rasencero (70)
=9. CyberBlaziken (70)

Total Mobility: 940
Average Mobility: 90 (85.45)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 6
Number of people equal to the Rounded Average: 2
Number of people below Rounded Average: 3

Oddly enough, our total for Mobility is exactly the same as our total for Offense – but this time, despite having one fewer 100, we have two more 90s, and half as many 80s – though we have those three 70s. Overall, we’re quite fast and offensive, it seems. Also, Mobility is the only stat that doesn’t have a 60 or lower.

Kidou/Reiatsu:
Spoiler:
1. Graceful (100)
=1. Minchan (100)
=1. Smile! (100)
4. Zameric (90)
=4. Live_Wire466 (90)
=4. Kamiya-chan (90)
=4. I like Pokemon (…) (90)
8. Rasencero (80)
=8. CyberBlaziken (80)
10. Pikapal642 (70)
11. Merciless Cremator (60)

Total Kidou/Reiatsu: 950
Average Kidou/Reiatsu: 90 (86.36)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 7

Our strongest stat – if only by 10 points. Here, more than half of us are stronger than the “Rounded Average” with seven being the highest out of all of our stats. With only two people equal to, and two people less than the Rounded Average, we seem to be Kidou Masters 8D.

Intellect:
Spoiler:
1. I like Pokemon (…) (100)
=1. Rasencero (100)
3. Merciless Cremator (90)
=3. Graceful (90)
=3. Minchan (90)
=3. Smile! (90)
7. Zameric (80)
=7. Live_Wire466 (80)
=7. Pikapal642 (80)
10. Kamiya-chan (70)
11. CyberBlaziken (60)

Total Intellect: 930
Average Intellect: 80 (84.55)

As a Gotei 13, we seem to have quite high Intellect – having the most 90s in a stat (tied with Kidou/Reiatsu). However, with only 10 less total than Offense, we fall just below the rounding –up mark. It’s also the stat that Zameric scores the lowest in – 7th place.

Stamina:
Spoiler:
1. Zameric (90)
=1. Merciless Cremator (90)
=1. Pikapal642 (90)
4. minchan (80)
=4. Rasencero (80)
=4. CyberBlaziken (80)
7. Graceful (70)
=7. I like Pokemon (…) (70)
9. Live_Wire466 (60)
=9. Kamiya-chan (60)
=9. Smile! (60)

Total Stamina: 830
Average Stamina: 80 (75.45)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 3
Number of people below Rounded Average: 5

Stamina is our second worst stat, being 70 points above Defence (our worst stat), and 100 points below the next-highest stat (Intellect). This is because we have no one with 100, but we at least have three 90s.

Totals:
Spoiler:
1. Zameric (530)
2. minchan (510)
3. Graceful (500)
4. Merciless Cremator (490)
=4. Live_Wire466 (490)
=4. Pikapal642 (490)
=4. Rasencero (490)
8. I like Pokemon (…) (480)
=8. Smile! (480)
10. Kamiya-chan (450)
11. CyberBlaziken (440)

Total Total: 5350
Average Total: 490 (486.36)
Number of people above Average: 3
Number of people equal to the Average: 4
Number of people below Average: 4

And so we come full circle. With just one person more that is below Average, than above Average, we just about make the round-off point up to 490.

Stat averages:
Spoiler:
If we take the stat average throughout (90/70/90/90/80/80) we find that this total (500) is just 10 points above the average Total (490). The stat that is the furthest from the rounding-off point, Intellect, can be dropped down a bit to make it fit the total:

Offense: 90
Defence: 70
Mobility: 90
Kidou/Reiatsu: 90
Intellect: 80
Stamina: 80
Total: 490

Quite interesting, no?

Rank Average:
Spoiler:
One thing I wanted to test out was what our average ranking is. For example, Zameric ranked: (1 [Offense] + 1 [Defence] + 4 [Mobility] + 4 [Kidou/Reiatsu] + 7 [Intellect] + 1 [Stamina] = 18) (18/6 = 3) so his ranking would be 3rd. What this means, though, is that a 90 Offense is different to a 90 Defence – the former would give you a rank of 5, the latter would give you a rank of 1.

On the left is their Average Rank after rounding, in the ( ) is their Average Rank before rounding (if two people have this equal, then they have an = besides the rank after rounding), and in the [ ] is their Stat Total.

3. Zameric (3) [530]
4. minchan (3.666…) [510]
4. Graceful (4.1666…) [500]
5. Merciless Cremator (4.666…) [490]
5. Pikapal642 (4.8333…) [490]
=5. Smile! (4.8333…) [480]
5. Live_Wire466 (5.1666…) [490]
=5. Rasencero (5.1666…) [490]
6. I like Pokemon (…) (5.5) [480]
7. Kamiya-chan (7) [450]
=7. CyberBlaziken (7) [440]

Smile!’s Rank Average is quite an interesting case – being above two people who have a higher total than he does.

A higher rank is not necessarily better than ranking low, though. For example, when you compare MC’s chart with Rasen’s chart, MC specialises towards 4 stats, while Rasen is more generalised towards them all.

I did exactly the same for the Canon Gotei 13 too. The only thing is, is that we have fewer stats (and not all of them are Captain stats), so I can’t compare us to the Canon Captains.

Canon Gotei 13:
Spoiler:

A single image is so awesome. One thing to note – in the English translation, Kenpachi gets 199 Offense, instead of 100, to make up for his 0 Kidou/Reiatsu. I’ve simply rounded it to 200 – this will definitely affect the results.

Just like before – the average Captain’s total, as well as what the Rounded Average for each stat. It should be more interesting, because we now have a greater range of stats, as well as more stats (13 pieces of data, instead of 11). The average Captain has a total of 500 (498.46) [or 490 (490.77) if you have Zaraki with 100 Offense], with each stat having 80 (83.08) [or 81.79], but can probably get either a 100, or two 90s to make up for the bit taken off when I rounded. Just like before, I’ll call 80 the “Rounded Average”.

Offense:
Spoiler:
1. Zaraki (200)
=1. Yamamoto (100)
=1. Unohana (100)
=1. Aizen (100)
=1. Komamura (100)
6. Byakuya (90)
=6. Shunsui (90)
=6. Ukitake (90)
9. Soi Fon (80)
=9. Gin (80)
=9. Hitsugaya (80)
12. Tousen (70)
=12. Mayuri (70)

Total Offense: 1250 [or 1150]
Average Offense: 100 (96.15) [or 90 (88.46)]
Rounded Average: 80 (83.08)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 8

For the Total Offense and Average Offense, the numbers in the [ ] brackets are if you count Zaraki as having 100 Offense.

Like us, Offense is one of their greatest stat – partially because of Kenpachi’s 200 stat. Even without that, though, it is still the stat with the highest total, with more than half of the Gotei 13 having an Offense stat greater than the Rounded Average.

Defence:
Spoiler:
1. Yamamoto (100)
=1. Komamura (100)
3. Aizen (90)
=3. Shunsui (90)
=3. Ukitake (90)
6. Gin (80)
=6. Unohana (80)
=6. Byakuya (80)
=6. Hitsugaya (...) (80)
=6. Zaraki (80)
11. Tousen (70)
=11. Mayuri (70)
13. Soi Fon (60)

Total Defence: 1070
Average Defence: 80 (82.31)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 5
Number of people equal to the Rounded Average: 5

The Canon Gotei 13 is quite defensive, and quite a lot of people have high in both Offense and Defence. Only Unohana, Soi Fon and Kenpachi having 20 points different- everyone else has either 10 points different, or are equal.

Mobility:
Spoiler:
1. Yamamoto (100)
=1. Soi Fon (100)
3. Aizen (90)
=3. Byakuya (90)
=3. Shunsui (90)
=3. Hitsugaya (90)
7. Gin (80)
=7. Tousen (80)
9. Unohana (70)
=9. Ukitake (70)
11. Zaraki (60)
12. Komamura (40)
=12. Mayuri (40)

Total Mobility: 1000
Average Mobility: 80 (76.92)
Number of people below Rounded Average: 5

Along with Defence, Mobility has the fewest 100s, with only 2, and the most 40s (the lowest stats used, excluding Kenpachi’s Kidou/Reiatsu).

Kidou/Reiatsu:
Spoiler:
1. Yamamoto (100)
=1. Unohana (100)
=1. Aizen (100)
=1. Shunsui (100)
=1. Mayuri (100)
=1. Ukitake (100)
7. Byakuya (90)
=7. Tousen (90)
=7. Hitsugaya (90)
10. Gin (80)
11. Soi Fon (60)
12. Komamura (50)
13. Zaraki (0).

Total Kidou/Reiatsu: 1060
Average Kidou/Reiatsu: 80 (81.54)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 9
Number of people equal to the Rounded Average: 1

The Canon Gotei 13 is excellent at Kidou – having 6 people with 100s. Even with Kenpachi’s 0, they still get a good total.

Intellect:
Spoiler:
1. Yamamoto (100)
=1. Unohana (100)
=1. Aizen (100)
=1. Mayuri (100)
=1. Ukitake (100)
6. Byakuya (90)
=6. Shunsui (90)
=6. Tousen (90)
9. Gin (80)
=9. Komamura (80)
=9. Hitsugaya(80)
=12. Soi Fon (60)
13. Zaraki (50)

Total Intellect: 1120
Average Intellect: 90 (86.15)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 8

There’s definitely a correlation between Kidou/Reiatsu and Intellect. Everyone with 100 in Intellect has a 100 in Kidou/Reiatsu. The only 100 Kidou/Reiatsu with 90 in Intellect is Shunsui. After that, everyone has the same Kidou/Reiatsu and Intellect, except for Komamura (50:80), Hitsugaya (90:80) and Kenpachi (0:50).

Stamina:
Spoiler:
1. Soi Fon (100)
=1. Komamura (100)
=1. Zaraki (100)
4. Unohana (90)
5. Gin (80)
=5. Aizen (80)
=5. Hitsugaya (80)
8. Byakuya (70)
=8. Shunsui (70)
10. Yamamoto (60)
=10. Tousen (60)
12. Mayuri (50)
13. Ukitake (40)

Total Stamina: 980
Average Stamina: 80 (75.38)
Rounded Average: 80 (81.15)
Number of people above Rounded Average: 4
Number of people below Rounded Average: 6

Stamina is their worst stat – in fact, it’s the only one which doesn’t have a total greater than 1000. It has the third least amount of 100s (after Defence and Mobility), as well as the most 60s.

Totals:
Spoiler:
1. Yamamoto (560)
=1. Aizen (560)
3. Unohana (540)
4. Shunsui (530)
5. Byakuya (510)
6. Hitsugaya (500)
7. Zaraki (490)
=7. Ukitake (490)
9. Gin (480)
10. Komamura (470)
11. Soi Fon (460)
=11. Tousen (460)
13. Mayuri (430)
[14. Zaraki (390)]

Total Total: 6480 [or 6380]
Average Total: 500 (498.46) [or 490 (490.77)]
Number of people above Average: 5
Number of people equal to the Average: 1
Number of people below Average: 7

Once again, we come full circle anyone dizzy yet?.

Another kind of interesting thing to note is their total – 6480. If we had a Head Captain with 600, and 12 Captains with 490 (never happening, but hypothetically…), then it would have the exact same total/Average. Alternatively, a Head Captain with 600, and 12 Captains with 470, would mean that altogether; we have an average of around 480.

Stat Averages:
Spoiler:
Luckily, none of the numbers end in 3 or 4, so I can very easily round entirely up or down, and still get a nice, good total at the end.

Offense: 100 (or 90)
Defence: 80
Mobility: 80
Kidou/Reiatsu: 80
Intellect: 90
Stamina: 80
Total: 510 (or 500)

Almost perfect.
Quite interesting, no?

Rank Averages:
Spoiler:
I think because the Canon Gotei 13 have a much larger spread of data, the rankings will be more separate (for example, the Club Gotei 13 had five people ranked 5, but they were almost all because of rounding). In this, I will be counting Zaraki as having 100 Offense (and therefore sharing a rank with Yamamoto and co.)

2. Aizen (2.333…) [3]
3. Yamamoto (2.5) [5]
4. Unohana (3.666…) [3]
5. Shunsui (4.5) [1]
6. Ukitake (5.5) [2]
6. Byakuya (6) [0]
=6. Komamura (6) [3]
7. Hitsugaya (6.5) [0]
8. Zaraki (7.5) [2]
8. Gin (7.666…) [0]
8. Soi Fon (7.8333…) [2]
8. Mayuri (8.1666…) [2]
9. Tousen (8.8332…) [0]

Like for us, on the left is the rank after rounding, in the ( ) is the rank before rounding, but in the [ ] is the number of 100s.
Ah – despite having the same total as Yamamoto, Aizen scores higher here because he was always in the top 5 – while Yamamoto was 10th because of his low stamina, despite being 1st in everything. I guess this shows that the more well-rounded people score higher – that is, as long as they have 100s practically everywhere. And Byakuya and Komamura have exactly the same ranking, despite Byakuya having 40 more points.

The reason why this disagrees with my previous "lower rank means more well-rounded" is simply because of the massive range in stats. Aizen and Yamamoto are just so high that they simply specialise in everything.

Sorry if I hurt anyone’s brain…

One thing that I figured would be quite interesting is the areas - for example, just because a person has a high total, doesn't necessarily mean that the amount that they cover is the best.

The meaning behind the areas is quite interesting – it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re “more powerful” or “more dangerous” or “stronger” just because you have a higher area. It just means that you have really high stats that are closer together – one thing I found out was that having, say, a 100 Offense and 100 Defence would give a higher area than 100 Offense and 100 Mobility (assuming all the other stats remain the same)

Areas:
Spoiler:
How I’m calculating the area:
Spoiler:
There’s maths, so I’ll try and make it as simple and easy to understand as I can.

Each chart can be split into 6 triangles – the centre angle of each triangle is 60 degrees (because we split the centre into 6 equal pieces, so 360/6). The lengths of 2 of the sides of the triangles are the amount that the person has in each stat. And if we know 2 of the lengths of a triangle, and the angle that they meet, we can calculate its area using a formula.

For example, one of the triangles we can calculate using Zameric’s chart, is the Offense-Defence triangle. The length of the Offense is 100, the length of the Defence is 80, and the angle that they meet is 60 degrees. I just have to plug it in to my formula:

The formula is A*B*(Sin60)/2

Where A is one of the lengths, B is the length next to it (so Offense/Defence, Defence/Mobility, Mobility/Kidou-Reiatsu, Kidou-Reiatsu/Intellect, Intellect/Stamina, and Stamina/Offense).

So you have to calculate the area of each of the triangles (the six that I just listed), and add them together (with a bit of playing around, you can make the calculating easier for yourself. Or just ask me to do it for you).

The only thing is, Sin60 is an irrational number (the square root of 3 divided by 2 = SQRT3/2), which means the area will be irrational, and will have a bunch of decimals. So, I’m going to ignore that little “square root of 3” sign, and instead of multiplying by “sin60”, I will be dividing by 2 (which means the actual equation is A*B/4) – which means all areas are actually smaller than what they physically are, but they’re still proportional to each other (but it means that saying “I have 60 more area” isn’t TECHNICALLY correct, it’s “60*SQRT3”).

So if you wanted to calculate the area of a chart, and wanted to compare it to the areas of these charts, you just multiply 2 adjacent lengths together, and find a quarter of that result, and do this for every stat pair.

Specialised versus generalised:
Spoiler:
Before I do the actual charts, I wanted to see – assuming the same total, does the number of 100s, or even the spread of stats matter at all?

With a total of 480, we can either have:

80/80/80/80/80/80
– or zero 100s
100/100/70/70/70/70 – two 100s (would this be different to 100/70/100/70/70/70, or even 100/70/70/100/70/70?)
100/100/100/60/60/60 (three 100s– is this any different to 100/60/100/60/100/60?)
100/100/100/100/40/40 (four 100s – is this any different to 100/40/100/100/40/100?)

And, well, I can’t have any more 100s XD. The reason why I don’t have one 100, is because the other stats would be 76, which while I could do, it wouldn’t be legal according to Zam’s charts.

Does the number of 100s matter, if the total is the same? What about adjacent 100s, compared to spread out 100s? Just a note, “adjacent 100s” are two or more 100s that are next to each other, “semi-adjacent 100s” are 100s that only have one non-100 number between them, and “non-adjacent 100s” are 100s that have two or more non-100 numbers between them on both sides.

80/80/80/80/80/80 – or zero 100s
Area = 9600

100/100/70/70/70/70 – or two adjacent 100s
Area = 9675

100/70/100/70/70/70 – or two semi-adjacent 100s
Area = 9450

100/70/70/100/70/70 – or two non-adjacent 100
Area = 9450

100/100/100/60/60/60 – or three adjacent 100s

Area = 9800

100/60/100/60/100/60 – or three semi-adjacent 100s

Area = 9000

100/100/100/100/40/40 – or four adjacent 100s

Area = 9900

100/40/100/100/40/100 – or two adjacent 100s and two semi-adjacent 100s

Area = 9000

…Wow. It might not look it, but there is a big difference there. There’s a ten per cent increase from the last one, to the second last one – and they have EXACTLY the same number of 100s! The only difference was that having them next to each other got a higher result.

With only two 100s, having adjacent 100s got a higher area than having two semi-adjacent or non-adjacent.
With three 100s, being adjacent got 800 more points than semi-adjacent.
And with four 100s, having them altogether gets the highest area. So it looks like from the results, to get the highest area, you should specialise in a few stats that are next to each other.

Club Areas:
Spoiler:
Finally, the areas of everyone in the club. Next to them, I have the stat total for comparison.

1. Zameric (11, 675) [530]
2. minchan (10, 775) [510]
3. Graceful (10, 425) [500]
4. Rasencero (10, 000) [490]
5. Pikapal642 (9900) [490]
6. Live_Wire466 (9750) [490]
=6. Smile! (9750) [480]
8. I like Pokemon (…) (9650) [480]
9. Merciless Cremator (9625) [490]
10. Kamiya-chan (8400) [450]
11. CyberBlaziken (8025) [440]

Something I found VERY interesting was that smile! and Live had same area – but smile! has 10 fewer points. Also, MC has that 490 total, but both smile! and have a larger area than him. It’s all to do with the way that all the stats were distributed- something which would be unique to each person.

Canon Areas:
Spoiler:
And for the 13 canon captains:

1. Aizen (13, 025) (560)
2. Yamamoto (13, 000) (560)
3. Unohana (12, 150) (540)
4. Shunsui (11, 700) (530)
5. Zaraki w/ 200 (11, 450) (490)
6. Byakuya (10, 800) (510)
7. Hitsugaya (10, 425) 500)
8. Ukitake (9750) (490)
9. Gin (9600) (480)
10. Komamura (9500) (470)
11. Tousen (8850) (460)
12. Soi Fon (8600) (460)
13. Mayuri (7550) (430)
14. Zaraki w/ 100 (6950) (390)

No surprise that no one has the same area.

Bonus:
Spoiler:
I wanted to see the ratio of the area compared to the total. Or simply, who is using their stats to get the most area they can?

Club:
Spoiler:
1. Zameric (22.03)
2. minchan (21.13)
3. Graceful (20.85)
4. Rasencero (20.41)
5. smile! (20.31)
6. Pikapal642 (20.20)
7. I like Pokemon (…) (20.10)
8. Live_Wire466 (19.90)
9. Merciless Cremator (19.65)
10. Kamiya-chan (18.67)
11. CyberBlaziken (18.24)

Canon:
Spoiler:
1. Zaraki w/200 (23.37)
2. Aizen (23.26)
3. Yamamoto (23.21)
4. Unohana (22.5)
5. Shunsui (22.08)
6. Byakuya (21.18)
7. Hitsugaya (20.85)
8. Komamura (20.21)
9. Gin (20)
10. Ukitake (19.90)
11. Tousen (19.24)
12. Soi Fon (18.70)
13. Zaraki w/100 (17.82)
14. Mayuri (17.56)

Both together:
Spoiler:
Because the numbers for this are a lot less broad than the totals or the areas (both of which we would just be a chunk in the middle), I decided to put the Area per Total together. Bolded are the Canon Captains:

1. Zaraki w/200 (23.37)
2. Aizen (23.26)
3. Yamamoto (23.21)
4. Unohana (22.5)
5. Shunsui (22.08)

6. Zameric (22.03)
7. Byakuya (21.18)

8. minchan (21.13)
9. Hitsugaya (20.85)

=9. Graceful (20.85)
11. Rasencero (20.41)
12. Komamura (20.21)
=12. smile! (20.21)
14. Pikapal642 (20.20)
15. I like Pokemon (…) (20.10)
16. Gin (20)

17. Live_Wire466 (19.90)
18. Ukitake (19.90)
19. Merciless Cremator (19.65)
20. Tousen (19.24)
21. Soi Fon (18.70)

22. Kamiya-chan (18.67)
23. CyberBlaziken (18.24)
24. Zaraki w/100 (17.82)
25. Mayuri (17.56)

Looks like we do kind of spread out a bit.

…Yeah, now I’m bored again.

I think maybe later I’ll make some charts that show correlation between stats – like how with the Canon Gotei 13, if you have a high Intellect, you have a high Kidou/Reiatsu rank.

And yeah, as MC said, Zam can't get on PC forums for some reason.
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:55 AM
-Jared-
Certified Responsible Adult
Community Supporter

0____0 Woah, that must have been a lot of work!

It was very interesting, though. I liked seeing, objectively, how we all rank. I noticed that I seem to be pretty much average in everything except Mobility and Stamina, which I realized, in reality, should be the opposite of who I really am. XD

thank you for typing this up Ilpeh. It was really interesting!
Old August 23rd, 2011, 09:49 AM
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Anime.
Spoiler:
Animation a bit strange this week. Seems like they're being all artsy, having smudgy lines and more shades. The episode is also made a little bit different than they usually do. The dramaturgy of this episode, and well, the prevous two ones too, has been changed. They're trying something new - which they seem to be doing all the bloody time this arc :P

All in all, it feels like I'm watching something made by gainax xD

As much as I dislike how flashbacks are pulled of in Bleach, being all long and unneeded (especially those going back to something that has happened fifteen minutes ago), I found the Kageroza(?) backstory interesting. It's a man who has been neglected every time he's attempted something. Yeah, that totally makes everything he's done OK.

Ichigo's hollow IS still there? Ah come on. I mean if going by the logics of this filler, yeah, it makes sense, but my entire brain says "no".

*cool surrounding scene*

SO THAT's what they've been spending all their animation funds on this episode.
I guess having scenes of the kind that Kubo wouldn't make is tempting to them, so OK. Sure.

YORUICHI IS BACK! :D

More fancy zooming. If they can do it here, why does it look so awkward otherwise?

...OK, that third one didn't look as good. Now they all look like paper figurines.

And... Nel? I wouldn't say she had THAT of a huge role, but oh well. Still loving the credits.
Ahhh... Fighting the Espada. I actually liked those days... All that good, tasty animation...

And from the looks of it, Kageroza and Nozomi will in fact fuse next episode.

Urahara and Kon xD

And nice work on the charts (b'-')b

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here