Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2010 (09:21 PM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Quote originally posted by Charizard★:
I thought that OM was the highest quality. Oh well. Thanks for telling me though :D
Well technically OM never actually "scanlated" anything. Their manga was by various groups.

The speed scans you saw go up on Friday were by Sleepy Fans, which are LQ scans. Then the were often replaced by Ju-Ni scans, which are (arguably) comprable to Binktopia scans in quality. (Mangastream has Binktopia scans)

If you look at a Sleepy Fans scanlation and a Binktopia scanlation, it should be clear that Binktopia has better quality, and more work put into it.

IMO, Binktopia scanlations are better quality than Ju-Ni, but Ju-Ni doesn't have giant watermarks, so that's one of their perks.

I still think Binktopia scanlations are best though, because they're much faster than anything else, and they're also very high quality. The one thing I like a lot better about Ju-Ni releases is that they have more accurate translations IMO. (I don't actually mind the watermarks since they're kinda transparent anyway.)
Old August 10th, 2010 (04:27 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by minchan:
Well technically OM never actually "scanlated" anything. Their manga was by various groups.

The speed scans you saw go up on Friday were by Sleepy Fans, which are LQ scans. Then the were often replaced by Ju-Ni scans, which are (arguably) comprable to Binktopia scans in quality. (Mangastream has Binktopia scans)

If you look at a Sleepy Fans scanlation and a Binktopia scanlation, it should be clear that Binktopia has better quality, and more work put into it.

IMO, Binktopia scanlations are better quality than Ju-Ni, but Ju-Ni doesn't have giant watermarks, so that's one of their perks.

I still think Binktopia scanlations are best though, because they're much faster than anything else, and they're also very high quality. The one thing I like a lot better about Ju-Ni releases is that they have more accurate translations IMO. (I don't actually mind the watermarks since they're kinda transparent anyway.)
Ah, ok, thanks for clarifying :D

Anyways, I'm going to watch the Bleach episode now :D

#mal

#books

#

Old August 11th, 2010 (10:34 AM).
Zameric
The One and Only

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Zameric
Anime 283
Spoiler:
So the Starrk fight comes to a finish. I just wonder how short that fight might have been if any of the four captains class Soul Reapers that were fighting him, actually used bankai. I think Kubo could have done a little more with Starrk's fight, it just seemed a little rushed to me.

It looks like we'll get another look at Hallibel's back-story and what she looked like as a regular hollow.

That speed technique Aizen used in this episode didn't seem like Flash Step or Sonido.

And I'm guessing that when Starrk and Lilynette became two, they also became Arrancar?

Old August 11th, 2010 (11:47 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Did we even get a Harribel flashback before? And I still don't understand why Aizen killed her :/

#mal

#books

#

Old August 11th, 2010 (12:51 PM).
Jung
Sica please.

Nature: Sassy
Spoiler:
Did we even get a Harribel flashback before? And I still don't understand why Aizen killed her :/

Spoiler:
Aizen got tired of her fighting. o-O since Starrk and Barragan were already killed. So Aizen saved some energy for the shinigami and vizards and finished her off. Saying how he went through some much trouble to gather the 10 espadas, and how Aizen alone is stronger than them. (..Bleach Wiki) I would refer to the manga, but all the mangasites are closed D:
Old August 11th, 2010 (02:24 PM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Still she could have been useful D:

And is it Halibel or Harribel? I've heard both ways :3

#mal

#books

#

Old August 11th, 2010 (02:59 PM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to minchan Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to minchan Send a message via Skype™ to minchan
Not too sure about the spelling... I've seen it both ways too. I've seen a lot of names spelled differently...

I'm kinda angry that there's no Bleach manga this week... (Along with the rest of the WSJ manga...) But I guess the mangaka need breaks every now and then too. XD
Old August 11th, 2010 (03:07 PM).
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

I believe Kubo/the Japanese version uses "Harribel" but the official dubs use "Hallibel".
Personally, I like using Hallibel, because... Well, it sounds more feminine imo XD. Idk, I just prefer the Ls.

I'm kinda angry that there's no Bleach manga this week... (Along with the rest of the WSJ manga...) But I guess the mangaka need breaks every now and then too. XD
Yeah, that's a shame... Though I think it's Shonen Jump themselves that are taking the break, no? I refuse to believe that the mangakas haven't already written, like, 50 chapters into the future.
Old August 11th, 2010 (03:26 PM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

No manga this week D:
This is my last week of summer! D:

#mal

#books

#

Old August 12th, 2010 (12:31 AM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Ahh my summer is "over" on the Third of September. First day of SENIOR YEAR. XD

I'm sure the mangakas didn't write that far, but they probably planned fairly far in advance. XD

Seriously, you learn a LOT about the manga industry (especially WSJ) from Bakuman. Read it, I recommend it... It's where I get all my inside info on the industry. XD That and my friend who goes by the username "Access Time" - I added him to a convo on MSN once but he didnt really say much. XD

When you say Kubo uses a certain spelling, you mean in actual Romaji?? Please provide a pic if possible - I'm really quite curious.
Old August 12th, 2010 (05:37 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Is Tia going to get a flashback? Because I'm pretty sure in the manga she didn't D:

#mal

#books

#

Old August 12th, 2010 (09:14 AM).
Kay11190
The Drifter

Nature: Adamant
Yes everyone read Bakuman now, it's such a great manga. But anywho it does suck that there is no SJ this week. I was looking forward to hopefully seeing some Ichigo fighting Zangetsu.

Old August 12th, 2010 (09:58 AM).
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

No manga this week D:
This is my last week of summer! D:
D8
I still have... 3 weeks, woo.
I'm sure the mangakas didn't write that far, but they probably planned fairly far in advance. XD
Exaggeration.
Seriously, you learn a LOT about the manga industry (especially WSJ) from Bakuman. Read it, I recommend it... It's where I get all my inside info on the industry. XD That and my friend who goes by the username "Access Time" - I added him to a convo on MSN once but he didnt really say much. XD
I'll read it after I get uptodate with OP.

When you say Kubo uses a certain spelling, you mean in actual Romaji?? Please provide a pic if possible - I'm really quite curious.
I think so, yeah. Let me try and find the page... Spoiler for here release form:
Old August 12th, 2010 (10:02 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

I've never read Bakuman, and I don't think I'll plan to. D:
Schools starting next week so only Naruto, Bleach and Rosario+Vampire if the third season comes out.

#mal

#books

#

Old August 12th, 2010 (07:21 PM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Never really got into R+V.

That pic from the manga is WIN. XD IN YOUR FACE, VIZ!!! XD

I'm lookin' forward to Ichigo vs Zangetsu too. XD

Oh, did anyone else see the interview with Ichigo's seiyuu? It's on CR. ...This is why I am buying all the manga and I have an anime membership on CR. XD

Anime:
Spoiler:

I just watched the new ep too. I love that color attack of Kyoraku-taicho's. XD It's epic. ...But I think he needs a new haori. XD

And just one more thing - even if you don't plan to read Bakuman I suggest you watch the anime. It's coming out this fall... So you'll probably learn a lot just from that... Just sayin'. XD
Old August 13th, 2010 (04:34 AM). Edited August 13th, 2010 by Venusaur♣.
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Spoiler:
Don't you mean Ichigo vs Hollow Zangetsu? 8D

I can't wait to see it either xD

#mal

#books

#

Old August 13th, 2010 (06:08 AM). Edited August 13th, 2010 by I like Pokemon (...).
I like Pokemon (...)
Kangaskhan

That pic from the manga is WIN. XD IN YOUR FACE, VIZ!!! XD
I'm guessing you prefer Harribel to Hallibel?

Spoiler:
I'm lookin' forward to Ichigo vs Zangetsu too. XD

SPOILER, PEOPLE, SPOILERS! >.>

Oh, did anyone else see the interview with Ichigo's seiyuu? It's on CR. ...This is why I am buying all the manga and I have an anime membership on CR. XD
I think he's had a few interviews... I've read one with him and Kubo together. Link to the one you're talking about, please?
Old August 13th, 2010 (06:39 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Sorry ><
Whats a seiyuu by the way?

#mal

#books

#

Old August 13th, 2010 (11:13 PM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

replies in bold. im tired and too lazy to do otherwise.
Spoiler:

yeah thats what i meant. its easier to write just one word tho. XD
Quote originally posted by I like Pokemon (...):
I'm guessing you prefer Harribel to Hallibel?
well i dont actually have a preference but i'm not a huge fan of viz's edits so... yeah.

Spoiler:

SPOILER, PEOPLE, SPOILERS! >.>

uhhhh ok... XD

I think he's had a few interviews... I've read one with him and Kubo together. Link to the one you're talking about, please?
it's on crunchyroll. just go to crunchyroll and look through the recent news. and you should be going to crunchyroll to see the eps anyway. that or another official streaming site. (vizanime, etc.)
Sorry ><
Whats a seiyuu by the way?
seiyuu is the japanese term for a voice actor or voice actress. when people compare american and japanese voice actors they tend to say va (voice actor/actress) vs seiyuu rather than typing "american voice actor vs japanese voice actor" ...its a good thing to know if youre into any anime. XD so yeah, seiyuu refers to the japanese voice actor.
Old August 14th, 2010 (07:11 AM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

seiyuu is the japanese term for a voice actor or voice actress. when people compare american and japanese voice actors they tend to say va (voice actor/actress) vs seiyuu rather than typing "american voice actor vs japanese voice actor" ...its a good thing to know if youre into any anime. XD so yeah, seiyuu refers to the japanese voice actor.
Ohh thanks for clarifying :D

Anybody have any predictions on how many episodes there will be?

#mal

#books

#

Old August 14th, 2010 (06:49 PM).
minchan
Mudkip Worshipper

Ohh thanks for clarifying :D

Anybody have any predictions on how many episodes there will be?
Ooh I dunno. I believe Kubo-sensei said there would be a short arc after this one, followed by a long one... So there'll probably be episodes to fill those arcs. Not to mention the possible filler arcs, which may be needed if the anime catches up to the manga.

Anyway, I think there'll be at least 100 more episodes, but I haven't got a clue as to how many. I just think 100 is the least amount of additional episodes there would be. There'll probably be more though.
Old August 14th, 2010 (06:58 PM).
Venusaur♣
Omoshiroku-nai
Community Supporter

Ooh I dunno. I believe Kubo-sensei said there would be a short arc after this one, followed by a long one... So there'll probably be episodes to fill those arcs. Not to mention the possible filler arcs, which may be needed if the anime catches up to the manga.

Anyway, I think there'll be at least 100 more episodes, but I haven't got a clue as to how many. I just think 100 is the least amount of additional episodes there would be. There'll probably be more though.
Thats good XD
Its not going to end anytime soon then xD

#mal

#books

#

Old August 15th, 2010 (05:16 AM).
Pokestick, good times.
An awesome usertitle
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
So the manga and anime is gonna go on for a while... good.

FMA recently ended, and Naruto and One Piece are both at like, the final battle. Would be suckish if Bleach would end now too.

What, are they hurrying to finish before 2012? xD;

Old August 15th, 2010 (06:46 AM).
Kay11190
The Drifter

Nature: Adamant
To tell the truth I kind of wanted Bleach to end. I didn't like what Kubo was doing with this Arc at all. Even when all the Captains were fighting we didn't see much of their powers. Same goes for the Vizards, they just kinda got wiped out. As long as the next Arc is better than this one I will have no complaints.

Old August 15th, 2010 (06:49 AM).
smile!
Kangaskhan

Nature: Modest
Still she could have been useful D:

And is it Halibel or Harribel? I've heard both ways :3
I think pronunciation is a matter as well; we know the Japanese can't pronounce the letter L very well. Like how Lilinette is pronounced as 'Ririnette'. But that doesn't mean we can pronounce Barragan as Ballagan. XD

Quote originally posted by I like Pokemon (...):
I believe Kubo/the Japanese version uses "Harribel" but the official dubs use "Hallibel".
Personally, I like using Hallibel, because... Well, it sounds more feminine imo XD. Idk, I just prefer the Ls.
I like the R better, because it sounds more Japanese :3

Is Tia going to get a flashback? Because I'm pretty sure in the manga she didn't D:
Yeah she didn't. Which is why I'm kinda looking forward for next week's episodes. :3

If, I mean when, Kubo is really going to end Bleach, I just hope at least he will reveal all the Captains' bankai. =\

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links