The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General

Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.
Feel like talking about Pokémon manga? Check this out! Want to discuss and share Pokémon music and videos? Click here!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:59 PM
HaloSonic
NOM NOM NOM

Nature: Relaxed
well, it never really bothered me, and im half-black. but seeing a couple would be nice.
and dahlia does not count, she's indian, not black.

Good Bye Nintendo WiFi, you were fun. (my codes won't work anymore, so.... ya, hit me up on 3DS if you want dem trades.)
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:05 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
There used to be black people in Pokemon, but that was considered racist so they changed their skin to purple.
Old May 8th, 2010, 06:59 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
There used to be black people in Pokemon, but that was considered racist so they changed their skin to purple.
lol like that made it any better XD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Smoochum View Post
The reason why they took Brock out when it went international, was because they thought people would think of it as racist. They don't want people to mistakenly think they are being racist by drawing a character to fit a certain stereotype. That's probably why they avoid making characters of other ethnicities, because they may not know much about it. They don't want to offend anyone by portraying someone in a certain way. Anyway, does the color of a person's skin or a pokemon trainer's skin matter? We're all people.

you are 100% correct. maybe we'd have more diverse people in pokemon if we didn't have so many 'barriers' outside of Japan keeping it from happening. The Japanese probably wouldn't mind putting other ethnicities in their games (obviously) so this may be the main reason why there aren't more.

Last edited by PiPVoda; May 8th, 2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonfilter109 View Post
There are no black people in pokemon because there is no government in the pokemon world to give them welfare checks.
you stink at trolling :cer_no:
Old May 9th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Gary Oak FTW
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by syphonfilter109 View Post
There are no black people in pokemon because there is no government in the pokemon world to give them welfare checks.
Replace "black" with "fat mexican lady with 23 kids that live off of child support".

FC:3567-3910-8700
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:17 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
Im black, and frankly I really dont care if there are black people in pokemon or not. Although there are dark skinned leaders/E4/brains in pokemon. It would be fun to see a more diverse trainer system though :D
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:35 PM
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Oak FTW View Post
Replace "black" with "fat mexican lady with 23 kids that live off of child support".
Now i feel offended... na just joking, all the countries around the world have a lot of diversitity (Mexico has a lot of people from around the world, engineer of software in Guadalajara city, chinese and arabes sellers in Mexico city, german farmers here in my state, and all of us is used to this, i don't get why still are people that get angry or make fun of a person color, we're like the ice creams, that come in all flavors
Old May 10th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Gary Oak FTW
Trainer

I'm half Mexican too but the people I described in my other post annoy me so much.

FC:3567-3910-8700
Old May 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
PiPVoda
핖보다,화이팅!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penumbra View Post
Yknow what's weird? In other american games, we mainly see white or black people. What about asians? I don't see anyone complaining on that end, so why are we complaining here? It's the same thing.

I agree with you. I actually don't see many Asians in any entertainment really (even ones that tried to break into US..like se7en)..anyways, that is off-topic and so is what you are speaking of. We are talking about pokemon, not American made video games. No one is complaining they were just giving their thoughts..sheeshhhhhh
Old May 11th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Serene Grace
ニャース

Nature: Relaxed
Honestly, this is just starting to get off-topic. I knew this thread would go off tracks to begin with but I gave it the benefit of the doubt. I guess I was right... closing now.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links