• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Official Thread] Call Of Duty 7: Black Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
Call Of Duty 7: Black Ops

Yes you heard right, the next game in the Call Of Duty series has been confirmed aslong with a trailer at: http://www.callofduty.com/blackops/

The set release date for it is November the 9th this year and speculation across the web says that it is set during the Vietnam War/Arms Race Era, possibly as a sequel to World At War and as well as an interlude for a possible Call Of Duty 8, sequel to Modern Warfare 2. COD 7 is being made by Treyarch, the same people who game us World At War.

This is the official thread for Black Ops, speculate away, discuss what you want to see and what you don't, anything about the upcoming game.

Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Duty:_Black_Ops

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
Firstly, let me unleash my wrath upon you for naming the thread "Call Of Duty 7", when "Call of Duty 5" hasn't even been released yet.

Secondly, I have my hopes high for black ops.
I'm hoping that treyarch actually get it right this time.
After infinity ward's numerous failures in MW2, I'm hoping this one will get it right.
I've slowly been losing my faith in the series, if I'm perfectly honest.
However, provided the guns are balanced, and there's no Marathon/Lightweight/Commando setups, and the game isn't entirely killstreak based, I see no reason why the game shouldn't be good.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well why Windows 7 for that matter? That's because 95 was 4.0, 98 was 4.1, XP was 5.1, and Vista was 6.0.
I don't understand what it is people have against people using numbers to denote the latter CoD games, but CoD7 is the seventh mainstream game in the series and therefore CoD7. Calling them CoDWaW, MW2, CoDBO and so on will get confusing sooner or later after another million CoD games are released... it'll be hell like with Tōhō game title abbreviations, when again for that series everyone could just use numbers.

But anyway, I'm not buying it. For a series that started on the PC, they've really gone a way to screw the PC versions over, and its becoming more of a series of multiplayer gimmicks than anything. Anyone remember the intro to the original CoD? Yeah...

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Unlike other people in the thread, I'm looking forward to it. I actually already pre-ordered it lol. I'm looking forward to seeing how the pull off the story with the whole Vietnam and Cuba settings, and to see what the multiplayer will look like.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years
I am definately going to buy it, it seems like a good game and the setting is interesting.
Im seriously looking forward to it, hoping that it will fix mistakes in earlier games.
the Call Of Duty series goes like this:
CoD 1-3
CoD4 = MW
CoD5 = WaW
CoD6 = MW2
ergo CoD7 = Black Ops

also there is a rumor that Activision (i think) have already began making CoD8.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Well that's a given really. As soon as one game's done and the sales figures are in any company like them will immediately start work on a sequel, only a fraction of the personnel will work on any future updates.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Abbreviations > numbers
Play the games online and you'll see no one calls them by their numbers anymore (CoD4 was the last). Really, go into a room of people with mics and say "Hey guys, how do you like Call of Duty 6?" and see how many "What?"s you'll get.

I'll be getting the game, but sadly I don't have high hopes for it. I got burned with MW2 so I'm keeping my hopes low for this one. From CoD4 to WaW Treyarch looked bad, and I agree that CoD4 was a better game. But from WaW to MW2... Treyarch fixed things, IW doesn't (or they take a really really long time to fix), Zombies > Spec Ops, the lag and such on WaW was never as bad as it is on MW2. They listened to people and took out spawn tubes, MW2 still has them. And I know they have no control over this... but the community on WaW was so much better.
I wish the best to Treyarch, and I hope they make a great game. But like I said, I'm not getting my hopes up.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Modern Warfare 3 was in development (and still is? Maybe? not sure what the status is at this point.) And then this new studio, I think it's called Sledgehammer, is supposedly making a new title that's going to take the CoD franchise into the Action-Adventure genre.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
CoD: World at War is usually called CoD5. So it's natural to call this one CoD7. (And Modern Warfare 2 is usually called CoD6.)

Where on the box does it say "CALL OF DUTY 5: WORLD AT WAR?" Just because some fans refer to them as that number doesn't make it so.

I am definately going to buy it, it seems like a good game and the setting is interesting.
Im seriously looking forward to it, hoping that it will fix mistakes in earlier games.
the Call Of Duty series goes like this:
CoD 1-3
CoD4 = MW
CoD5 = WaW
CoD6 = MW2
ergo CoD7 = Black Ops

Are you going to count Big Red One, Roads to Victory and Final Fronts in there? Considering Big Red One has a number associated with it and considering Final fronts was a side story to WaW by your logic they would be numbered too.

Last edited:

Droidz

¬‿¬
Years
CoD: Black Ops looks really cool. I think TreyArch did a good job on WaW, I enjoyed the campaign and the multiplayer. I've been playing WaW a lot recently, because MW2 just makes me so pissed off.

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
I think this looks really, really good.

Also, don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, but the release date..It was on the walls in Zombies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
I was contemplating giving up on Call of Duty as a series after MW2's awful community and even worse dev support, however from what I remember of WaW, Treyarch was actually really good for fixing things, gave us (moderaly) frequent and likable DLC that didn't cost as much as what was effectively 1 good map, 1 ok map and 2 re-release maps (yes stimulus im looking at you).

Also WaW's multiplayer was a lot more balanced than mw2, so I may give this a chance.

Years
Where on the box does it say "CALL OF DUTY 5: WORLD AT WAR?" Just because some fans refer to them as that number doesn't make it so.
Pretty much every major gaming site refers to WaW as CoD5, MW2 as CoD6 and Black Ops as CoD7.

Are you going to count Big Red One, Roads to Victory and Final Fronts in there? Considering Big Red One has a number associated with it and considering Final fronts was a side story to WaW by your logic they would be numbered too.
Simple. Both are considered spin-offs to a main title of the franchise.

This is Call of Duty 7.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen a reputable gaming site refer to MW2 as CoD6.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
This is Call of Duty 7.
In your opinion. WaW doesn't say 5 on the box, no where does Activision or Treyarch call it CoD5 and most reviewing sights don't refer to it as CoD5. If it was meant to be known as CoD5 then it would of said so in the title bro.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
Will definatly be getting this. Treyarch gives much better support than IW does so for me their game are better. Although they have issues atleast they try to sort it out and the don't harge stupid prices for DLC that still have the same glitches as they did on xbox even though they had a month to take them out.

Game looks good and I heard that the online was made by same people that did BC2 online and that for me beat MW2 easily so this should be just as good and wth the support trey give it a much better game.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
From the trailer the guns I've seen are the AUG, M4, AK 47 and RPK. There's also a shotgun that looks a lot like the SPAS 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back