The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Old May 8th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Narcissus Secret
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Narcissus Secret
My mic makes a loud screeching sound whenever it is used... any ideas as to how to fix this? It is built in, by the way.
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Demigod
umop ap!sdn

Nature: Quirky
What brand is it?
Is it loud around you when you are using it?
Install latest drivers.
Old May 8th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Narcissus Secret
Donator Tier 2

Idk what brand it is, it is built in.
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Melody
Singing Nature's Melody
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody
Fix: You must physically relocate the microphone and move it away from the speakers...or move the speakers away OR mute the microphone output, so that no feedback loop is established.

This means you need to go into your volume control program and MUTE the microphone. This means you may not hear your own voice when you speak into it, but it's still recording, just not outputting the sound to the speakers. (if you don't believe me, then mute the microphone, start Sound Recorder and record something.)

You may be able to reduce the volume of the microphone output, but that isn't guaranteed to work. Additionally, you can plug headphones into the computer, instead of speakers. This eliminates the problem as well.

Depending on what model your Sound Card is, you may be able to enable "Noise Cancellation", which will put a stop to the screeching. This is common in most decent OEM soundcard brands like Realtek

"It loves to bask in the sunlight. It uses the leaf on its head to seek out warm places."
Chikorita

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Narcissus Secret
Donator Tier 2

Hm... well the mute thing worked C:
Thanks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links