Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W The Isshu Region

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 15th, 2010 (06:14 PM).
Haterz gonna hate
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Samme! Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Samme!
Well it's a new game, so that means a new region! :D

Pokemon Black & White will be taking place in what is known as the Isshu Region. According to CoroCoro, it is very far from other regions like Kanto or Sinnoh, requiring a long plane or boat ride. It also implies that it is a more technologically advanced region. From pictures so far, it seems more modernized, although there are still the rural areas and towns. There isn't much information on Isshu yet, but there are a few pictures that showcase the region in different areas.

So what do you think the Isshu Region is going to provide us with? What would you life to see?

Spoiler:

Hiun City

Spoiler:

The protagonist in a cave

Spoiler:

What appears to be the starting town; also very rural like all previous regions.

Spoiler:

A closer look at Hiun City.

Spoiler:
black-white-screenshot-3.jpg
The protagonist in a forest.
Old May 15th, 2010 (06:21 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
The only opinion I have on it is what appears to be the starting town. I'm rather disappointed because I thought that the starting town would in fact be Hiun City, but I think that's just because of the fact that that was the first and only official city that has any information on it. Along with that, I found it interesting how it seemed to be in the middle of nowhere (apart from that bridge). So I was hoping that you would start there and it'll be in the middle of the region and you could have taken a boat to the next town and really start your journey. But meh... that obviously isn't going to happen. :<

I'm hoping that the name plays something in that town, though. Huin accordingly means bad luck and misfortune, so I really hope that they actually put something that has to do with bad luck in the plot that occurs in Huin City.

I do expect this region to bring great things, like always. Just hopefully less than 20+ legendaries. u__u
Old May 15th, 2010 (06:22 PM).
luster purge
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
I...really don't know, to be honest. I'm going to take a stance here and say it's going to offer something extraordinary unlike any other region before it. With what we've seen so far, I'm actually having my hopes up for the region, and hopefully it'll bring out some lasting gameplay too.
go ahead. fly. take flight. no one can tell you otherwise, right?
VMPMAMA
Old May 15th, 2010 (06:53 PM).

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
I...really don't know, to be honest. I'm going to take a stance here and say it's going to offer something extraordinary unlike any other region before it. With what we've seen so far, I'm actually having my hopes up for the region, and hopefully it'll bring out some lasting gameplay too.
There's definitely something special about Hiun City. I just can't see why they'd showcase it so much if it wasn't truly important. I also think it's very possible that this region is based on the New York area.
Old May 15th, 2010 (07:41 PM).
Blue-Steel

Nature: Jolly
The region looks amazing to me personally. I mean Hiun itself can pratically carry the game itself. But the screenshot I'm most interested in is the one with Protagonist staring up at the bridge. You can clearly see that the city is connected to another city by the bridge. Isshu's got flavour and I love it.
Current Monotype Unevolved Emerald Challenge; COMPLETED 51:52
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old May 15th, 2010 (07:45 PM).

I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.
Old May 15th, 2010 (08:14 PM).
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
It will probably bring a lot of surprises with it. I mean with the new graphics and all cities will be larger and feel more vibrant, physical features will look more real, etc. I am hoping to see the climate zones that Sinnoh and Hoenn had but larger, new ways of transportation around the region, etc.
Old May 15th, 2010 (08:18 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Beyerful:
I am very interested in not only Huin city and the sorts of things you can do there AS WELL as the city the bridge connects it too but what is that cave? It has like...blue electricity in it and it looks very cool. That forest also looks like a nice dark, lush place.

I am very much looking forward to the Isshu region to say the least.
Yeah, ever since they released that screenshot of the cave I've been excited to see what it's all about. It looks really awesome.
Old May 15th, 2010 (08:35 PM).
CS

With the picture showing those boats and the possibility that it's based on New York City (it does resemble the place, though it also looks a bit like San Francisco to me) I'm thinking there might be some new way of traveling around the region besides cycling, flying and surfing. That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Big cities have subways and cities by water have ferries.

deviantart blog pair
Old May 16th, 2010 (12:22 AM).
Champion CSSer

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to FloatingClouds
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!

Credit3DS PoKéMoN deviantART

Old May 16th, 2010 (02:33 AM).

Nature: Lonely
I hope the cities keep their Japanese names.

I think you should battle the main-game's legendary, and final evil team boss battle, etc.

On the top of a Skyscraper!

Because that'd be awesome.
Old May 16th, 2010 (02:46 AM).
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor

Nature: Relaxed
I really like the idea of having a modern, urban setting. I would much prefer that to another load of farms and villages. And I also agree that it would be better to have Hiun City as the starting place.

Old May 16th, 2010 (05:50 AM).
Master of the Keyblade

As a fellow Australian, I say that would just creep me the hell out.

But be awesome at the same time.

Hmm, theres an idea..
Old May 16th, 2010 (05:57 AM).
Man with 10000 pronounciations

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ikwaylx
Quote originally posted by FloatingClouds:
It looks great!
Although I have one issue, It's called ISSHU!!! What the hell were they thinking? it just sounds crap!
Due to the fact that Isshu is probably based off an area outside of Japan, I'm expecting the name to have a substantial difference in its English localisation, unlike the previous regions which are based off of Japanese areas and thus would have no need to be changed.

Still, you don't see Japanese people call America a proper Japanese name now do you? So I have my doubts too.
Old May 16th, 2010 (06:01 AM).
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Silver Tier

If what folks are saying is true and Isshu will have many different cultures represented by it, then were bound to have a Parisian city then. The Japanese love Paris.

I'd love to see and airport in the pokemo world, or even just an airship port. An oil rig is something they might do as well.

Old May 16th, 2010 (06:09 AM).
Proud Gork
Administrator
CS

I wholly expect Hiun City to be a hub with most of the stuff there, and several ways out of the city. I mean, it's giant and they're using it to bloody represent Isshu in the press shots, so why not? :P

Chuckie Finster
Dislikes: Clowns
Old May 16th, 2010 (06:10 AM).
S P A R K of madness
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bold
I'd like to get the picture of the region, not the awesome city. D8

Frankly, I hope it drops the muddy vibe of the fourth generation and plugs in some more water like Hoenn. With a beautiful city and harbor thus far, I'm satisfied... at the moment.
Old May 16th, 2010 (06:14 AM).
*Creative Quote Goes Here*

Nature: Calm
yeah, i want to see the region map before i jump to any final conclusions.... BUT Huin city looks pretty amazing

~Back from the dead~
Old May 16th, 2010 (06:29 AM).
GlitchxCity

I would like to see a rainbow weather effect :D

Also I would like the return of the day/night music differences. I really liked that in DPPt
Old May 16th, 2010 (11:22 AM).
Haterz gonna hate
Crystal Tier

Send a message via AIM to Samme! Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Samme!
Yeah, it's kind of hard to base assumptions on Isshu just around an image of one city XD;

But another thing I just thought about is what kind of biomes would you like to in the region? Like deserts, mountains, forests, etc.
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever. It's also be cool if there were some tropical areas of some sort, with forests and beaches to go along with it. I just hope for some more exciting areas instead of just the same old trees and grass everywhere.
Old May 16th, 2010 (11:26 AM).
» sixteen in the middle of miami
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Sounds like a good Region, I like this image;
Old May 16th, 2010 (11:27 AM).

The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!
Old May 16th, 2010 (11:30 AM).
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Samme!:
I personally want to there to be a lot of water this time, because Sinnoh had barely any water routes whatsoever.

I agree, more water routes than Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto. But not as many as Hoenn! That was one of the few flaws with my favourite region.

Old May 16th, 2010 (11:31 AM).
Haterz gonna hate
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by JAK3:
The forest is very exciting, I can imagine we will be seeing some new Bug Pokemon in it! Hiun City looks rather cramped by the artwork, but in the game, it looks very nice! The starting town brings that feel of "Oh boy, I just walked out of my house, time to start my adventure." Which is the feel probably everyone get's when they walk out of their house for the first time. That cave looks interesting, what are those squiggly lines on the cavern floor, perhaps electricity bolts, maybe it has something to do with an electric type Pokemon located in that cave! Can't wait for more Info!
I was wondering the same thing too when I saw the picture of the cave, because those lines over to the right just don't seem very natural. The light that's radiating off of the rocks also gets you thinking what could be special about the cave n_n

Also with the forest, it looks as if the trainer came down to the spot he is at from the log behind him. Seems like we'll be seeing more interactive features in the region itself! :D Pretty cool if I say so myself.
Old May 16th, 2010 (03:50 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Hm, a desert town would seem cool. Pokémon lack of desert. I mean, they had a small bit in R/S/E and D/P/Pt. They should add more of a desert, and make a town or village surrounded by sand.

As for a cactus Pokémon, there's Cacnea and Cacturne. Remember?

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links