< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Main Series Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation BlackWhite No more legendaries! Please!

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

View Poll Results: What will the New Legendaries be?
The new legendary will have created the big bang. the Birth of Arceus 10 11.90%
The new legendaries will be the parents of Arceus, his Mommy and Daddy 2 2.38%
No New Legendaries. Or Minor ones.. eg Manaphy, Phione 9 10.71%
Legendaries that solve a purpose with nothing to do with Arceus 63 75.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2010 (7:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

I'm surprised someone hasn't made this yet. This is one of the things I think about most when I think about what'll happen in this generation.

One of the things I hated the most about Generation IV was the fact that there were so many legionaries that seemed to be acquired mainly through events than anything else. So basically, to the average Pokémon gamer, they were next to impossible to get. Since I know there are very few events in my area that really focus on Pokémon. With that said, one of the things I'm really interested in knowing is how many legendaries are going to be added to this generation. Ever since Generation II, the cover art always focused on the "main" legendary of the game.

So how do you feel legendaries will play out this time around? Do you think there will only be four or five of them like there were in early generations? Or do you feel as though they will continue adding more and more legendaries as the generations progress?

Relevant Advertising!

Old May 15th, 2010 (7:04 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
There should only be at least five legendaries in this game in my opinion. Two to support the different mascots for the two games, and three others for a new trio. Maybe one event legendary as well, and that's it. But, hopefully they won't make a legendary that is known as a "God." They already did that with Mew, then again with Arceus. They don't need that a third "God" Pokémon. >__>

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:06 PM).

No no no, I like legendaries.

I hated how there weren't a lot in the previous regions.

Wit more legendaries, there's more combinations and friendships to make.

I say bring on more legendaries, even more than generation 4.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:07 PM).
*Creative Quote Goes Here*

Nature: Calm
at least five? you mean AT THE MOST 5
follow the johto way
2 giant powerful legendaries
3 powerful normal sized legendaries

~Back from the dead~
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:09 PM).

I think the main Legendaries might play around with a theme of Light and Darkness, maybe a new "Light" type will be introduced D: but since when did the theme of the box ever match the theme of the Legendaries anywho. Hopefully they don't spam the game with like 16 Legendaries again, I hate seeing OU teams spammed with Jirachi, Celebi, Azelf, Suicune and Latias already, I swear I'll quit OU if they add more.
Click the banner below to learn more about my MMORPG!

Old May 15th, 2010 (7:10 PM).
ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
at least five? you mean AT THE MOST 5
I think I know what I mean. Meaning as in at least five, maybe one or two others.

(x) Tumblr
(y) Twitter
Previously Eeveon
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:11 PM).
Blue-Steel

Nature: Jolly
Personally I liked Hoenn. I mean the 3 main ones. A supporting cast of 3 and then ideally 2 more Pokemon that had to be acquired by some IN GAME event. I'm tired of living in Canada and knowing if I lived below the 49th I could have a Jirachi or a Mew or whatever. >.< As long as they're creative as to how they're acquired. I mean Heatran was a good idea and all but he was in the wrong game cause we already had to climb a mountain so no one felt like doing it again...twice!!
Current Monotype Unevolved Emerald Challenge; COMPLETED 51:52
The Final Chapter
Team:

Old May 15th, 2010 (7:13 PM).
the wise fox of the crystal forest
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
To be honest, I don't mind the legendaries...much. I pretty much ignored the legend count back in gen IV but I hope it doesn't really get out of hand in Gen V. I'm so hoping this; there doesn't need to be any more legendaries than the necessary extent. D:

All I'm hoping is, like I said, that the legends dont get out of hand. A few is acceptable at most, probably five like Eeveeon said, but also just because it's Gen V and it would be interesting to see what the new legendary Pokemon would look like.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:17 PM).

Nature: Naive
I don't care how many legends we have, let's just make sure they're good ones (Design-wise and battle-wise). Let's not have anymore garbage like Shaymin and Phione. Don't forget that pitiful trio we were given. The three were essentially the exact same Pokemon with a different crown.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:19 PM).
Has a lot of projects going on

Nature: Adamant
In my opinion there shouldn't be more than 6-7 legendaries in any generation. There should be 3 games in each generation, so there's 3 legends right there, plus a trio in each one, or 2 couples would be acceptable, and maybe an extra one just to be "mysterious", kind of like Mew for the 1st gen and Celebi for the 2nd. But adding 15 legendaries in the 4th gen? I miss the days where there were a max of 7 per gen..
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:20 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle-San View Post
I mean Heatran was a good idea and all but he was in the wrong game cause we already had to climb a mountain so no one felt like doing it again...twice!!
...and I still haven't caught my Heatran in-game; neither in Diamond or Platinum.

Honestly, if they're going to be going with the version mascots then you can expect at least six legendaries. Two to represent the two versions, three for the game trios, and at least one cute-like Legendary (i.e Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin). If the pattern continues though, then we can have at least seven, as this next legendary will be the mascot of the third game version.

I personally don't mind having too many legendaries, but of course there needs to be a certain limit where it doesn't get out of control. What we had in DPPt, for me, was okay. HeartGold and SoulSilver just had extra for availability of Third Gen legendaries. Since, DPPt and HG/SS share compatibility with B&W as far as we know, then I wouldn't expect a mass overload of legendaries like we have in the 4th Generation. A moderate amount like we had for the 3rd Gen may be what we get once more, I would think.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

But this is a consumer world, so GameFreak would do as they please.
I'm doing science and I'm still alive!
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive!
While you're dying I'll be still alive!
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:46 PM).
Has a lot of projects going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
In my opinion, they're legendaries. There are not supposed to be many of them, so what is the point of making tens of legends every new generation? It defeats the point of making them 'legends'.

But this is a consumer world, so GameFreak would do as they please.
I COMPLETELY agree. Very well said.
This signature has been disabled.
Too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 15th, 2010 (7:59 PM).
The Unconscious Wanderer
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
But other places have other legends. Not all legends are universal. For all we know, people in Isshu don't even know about Mew or Ho-oh, which Kanto and Johto take as legendaries, but worship something else in their place as a legendary. A legendary pokemon is a pokemon with a legend attached to them, or at least that's what it should be. Sure, they're a little more powerful, but to be a legend they have to be, to actually become that legend.

With what I just said, I don't mind legendaries, as long as they don't hide them in wi-fi events. If you have legendaries, then put them in the main game.

While I don't care much about the legendary numbers, this is the ideal amount for me.

Three main legends
A trio of lesser legends
Two side-plot legends

Eight. That's my ideal number.
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:16 PM).
T-o-X-i-C
Platinum Tier

Nature: Timid
I've recently come to have an apathetic attitude about legendaries. I rarely catch them and never put them on my teams because I like the idea of using common pokemon to beat the games with.

They can add as many legendaries as they want this time around. Let the under 10 crowd and the fervent collectors have their fun. I'll be building a team out of pokemon that are actually fun to use. XD
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:21 PM).
☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
I want 3 main Legends. 2 for Black and White versions and a 3rd for the 3rd installment. The usual Trio, cute Legendary (Event), one for a random side-quest, and an awesome Event Pokemon (Similar to Deoxys in awesomeness). A total of 9. Events are good for movies, to hold us over (anime wise) until the next generation.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:23 PM).
wut?
Silver Tier

It's true that Sinnoh has lots of Legendaries, but I think that's what the creators were going for when they were working on developing the region. Sinnoh just seems to be that kind of region, a place full of legends and tales.

I think they'll just cut down the amount of Legendaries in this game to something more like the 2nd or 3rd gen. It would be ridiculous to completely remove them though... it wouldn't be a new generation without those unique Legendary Pokemon.
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:34 PM).
Just a passing through trainer

Nature: Sassy
a trio, Two or three mascots, and A super tiny legendary. what I hated about genereation 4 was they were so hard to distinguish:

Trio: Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie
Mascots: Giratina, Dialga, Palkia
Super legendary: Shaymin, Manaphy? Phinoe?
Where does that leave the rest?

I don't mind side quest legendaries but have make the stories decent like WTF was Heatran and Phione's story? They seem pretty useless

Old May 15th, 2010 (8:37 PM).
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Just legendaries that support the storyline of the game, no random legends like Cresselia or Heatran.
"Cold-Blooded"
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:39 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I want 10 legends in this game, each legend requires a fun task and side quest, and each has it's own legend that revolves around them!
Crimson Ruby, Indigo Sapphire, Green Emerald.
Old May 15th, 2010 (8:43 PM).
T-o-X-i-C
Platinum Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXrobots View Post
a trio, Two or three mascots, and A super tiny legendary. what I hated about genereation 4 was they were so hard to distinguish:

Hit the nail on the head there buddy. I mean, in GenI, we had Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Given the pretense that one was Ice-type, one was Electric-type, and one was Fire-type, it's not hard at all to match their appearance to their name and typing. The same with GenII's trio and GenIII's trio. In GenIV though, we had three Psychic-type pixies with little to distinguish them other than their coloration. D:
Old May 15th, 2010 (9:07 PM).
Geodude is a pretty cool guy.

Nature: Quirky
So long as they at least give them back-stories, I'm good. I liked Heatran, but it just didn't seem Legendary enough... Its Pokedex entry made it seem less powerful than a Dragonair, even. It was just a strong Pokemon... We need more like Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Arceus, and so on. We need to know exactly WHY they're so great to be called "Legendary."

EDIT: I forgot to mention Phione. Dear God, that was a pointless Pokemon. It was just a weaker Manaphy... That was it. C'mon, Game Freak, you could've done way better!
If your name was Dexter Phillip, would you have a 'Dex to fill up? Hooray for corny puns.

Tamagetake time? It's always Tamagetake time!
Old May 15th, 2010 (9:13 PM).
; ♥ ~

I agree with there being too many legendaries in the previous generation >_>
Phione was completely unnecessary. Heatran in a volcano, sure... If they had a Darkrai there /had/ to be a Cresselia counterpart as well.

Please, just a legendary trio, two for the versions, one for the 'third' game (Black + White = Grey? xD), and /maybe/ one more but it has to have a story and not a runner or anything. D:
Old May 15th, 2010 (9:36 PM).
LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay

Nature: Naughty
Tis the irony of it all, Without legendaries there wouldnt be a game but if they had a whole bunch it would be to overwhelming. I to believe that there should be at least a trio and two others maybe one more but I dont like these events because not to many people ever do them. so just six would be enough.
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

Somewhere far far in the galaxy, there lives a man far far away. Unfortunately he's to far away for me to talk about.

Thanks goes to
Old May 15th, 2010 (9:44 PM).
Lesson The First

I'm putting money on seven legendary pokes. Three to mascot Black/White/Gray, a new Trio, and then the fancy event only poke that mascots the entire generation.
HG: 5027 7243 6790
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links