The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Yusshin
♪ Yggdrasil ♪

Nature: Brave

Advertise here

D: dude, they look the same!

Cars?! Sure, there was a moving truck in R/S/E but it was out-of-place 0.0

They're killing the Pokemon spirit with high tech' stuff D:

It just doesn't have the same "feel" anymore. Really. It's way too high tech' now.

Polaret | Fourette | Ecuret | Axew | Zorua | Nanette [Shiny]
"My scar makes me sassy, child!"
The Big Bang Theory Fan Club - Click To Join!
The French Club
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Izanagi
Jesus Saves.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Izanagi
I like this change. Save for the NPCs, but then again, the game is still under development. Plus, it's a new region. Some parts of the world are more developed than others. Like La Rousse City of the anime.

~ I'm a Christian, saved by Jesus Christ ~
Behold,the original Pokemon: Choose Your Own Adventure Game!
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:14 PM
PokemonCrazy_
Welcome :)

Nature: Relaxed
That looks kinda of cool, but I agree it dosent have that same "feel"
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well, things evolve. Personally, I can't wait to play through this. If it feels way too different, then I still have Generations 1-4 to fall back on, but considering that I only really care about story and the battling system, I probably won't care that much when I play it.

(The NPCs always looked the same anyway, so that won't bother me at all.)
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hamilton
*Creative Quote Goes Here*

it doesn't have the same feel but i think it feels better

~Back from the dead~
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:17 PM
cobraman228
My friends are my power.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cobraman228 Send a message via Skype™ to cobraman228
Well, the world is evolving all the time, so well, I dont mind the change, plus, if they have the technology to fit a massive Lugia into a tiny capsule, I'm sure they must have the technology to make cars
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:21 PM
SolarAbusoru
Go Go PokéRangers

Nature: Adamant
well, they did say they wanted to make it look like you weren't playing a Pokemon game, besides, it hasn't lost it's feel at all, it's feel has been upgraded.

Lover of all things Pokémon and Nintendo, and Atlus
Signature Pokémon: Luxray
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:23 PM
MartinJF
Smoochum

It felt weird when the only tech things was TV's and pokegears, while they had NeXT to no veichles and stuff.

Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo
Papa Oscar Kilo Echo Mike Oscar November
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
icomeanon6
It's "I Come Anon"

You can't judge the feel of a game until you sit down and play it yourself. Screenshots can be deceptive. The true feel of a game isn't just how it looks at one given moment, it's how it moves, reacts, plays.

All that aside, I'm too worried about how stupid the starter Pokemon look to be worried about the towns.

My chapter fics:
Kanto: The Disputed Frontier - 14 chapters, indefinite hiatus. Gary Stu's Unpredictable Adventure - 8 chapters, completed. Digimon Campaign - 7 chapters, ongoing

One-shots:
There's Always Tomorrow (SWC 2009), A Matter of Stubbornness (SWC 2010), Left by the Roadside
(SWC 2011 1st place),
Giovanni Destroys the World and Everything in It (2012), By What Right? (SWC 2013 1st place), Back in the Day (SWC 2014 1st place) (New!)

Family (kind of?): Strange person who calls me strange names

If the pen is mightier than the sword, the keyboard is mightier than the ICBM.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:25 PM
agumon
Beginning Trainer

I agree that Pokemon games definately feel different now than before, lately I've been playing original red version and having a blast, but that shouldn't take away from enjoying all the newer pokemon games, I'm also playing through Pearl right now (First time playing through) and yeah at times they seem worlds apart but then I realize that it's been nearly what 15 years? seperating the games. they should feel different. and play differently.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Pityflame
Unemployed Ninja

There are vehicles in all gens.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Timbjerr
Hero of the Blue Flame
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
This is supposed to be a region rather distant from the previous four regions...rumors abound that this region is actually based on the American west coast. so it's understandably much different both culturally and technologically from the Hoenn/Johto/Kanto/Sinnoh continent. :P

If implemented well, it will lose the traditional feel, but gain a newer, fresher one in the process. :D

PokéCommunity Veteran Timbjerr

"We're not perfect. Sometimes our brains tell us one thing, while our emotions tell us another. And war... The more we try to avoid it, the worse it is when it comes to us."
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Ayselipera

I don't think you can judge it until you try it. From here it does look very city like, but I think we've only seen one city and one town so far. Actually only a bit of a town if I remember correctly. Perhaps the other towns and cities won't be as industrial although I personally hope they will be. I just want to try something new. Rural towns were getting a bit old.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
JAK3
Psyduck

I think it fits, seeing as the world is also getting more High Tech as it goes on. Hopefully the whole game won't be cities and repeatedly same looking characters, i'm sure somethings will be changed.
Old May 16th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Tiacha
Eager Pokemon Student

Location: In a universe, in a galaxy, in solar system, on a planet, near the sun
Nature: Timid
I think it looks pretty neat like that, some high tech stuff will definitely look interesting in the games. As soneone else said, it's been about 15 years since Pokemon's been out, so it surely is going to be, er, 'teching' itself up.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Nature: Gentle
Hmm. Are you upset because the games are changing, or because they're changing in a way you don't like? And if the latter is the case, then how would you like to see them evolve?

We've had essentially the same game for the past four generations, I personally feel it's time for a drastic change and B/W seem to be providing it. Honestly, even if this generation is different that isn't to say gen 6 won't go back to the style we've been used to for so long, so I wouldn't worry about Pokemon "being ruined" or anything like that.

So yeah. Excited for this generation, moreso than any other I've been around for the release of.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:25 PM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
What? All of the regions/generations have different feels. Johto was different than Knato, being more Sacred and ancient. Hoenn was different than anything done before and Sinnnoh truly was separate. It is only natural for these things to evolve over time.

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:25 PM
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
It does seem like they're going a little overboard with the graphical stuff. Sure, it looks nice and all but I prefer the quaint towns nested in the countryside of the region, amidst beautiful flowers and flowing rivers. And, on the topic of cars, I sure as hell hope that they're not replacing the bike with a motorized vehicle of some sort.

Brother of Vrai
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Massai
Lesson The First

More than six people living in a town!?!

Technological advancements in the hardware reflected in the architecture and advancement of in-game technology!?!

Pokemon not from Red/Blue!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11one1!1eleven!!11

/drama
/nostalgia goggles
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
war rock exe
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
I think you're right.... They don't make pokemon or pokemon games like the used to...
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Ausaudriel
Chief Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by war rock exe View Post
I think you're right.... They don't make pokemon or pokemon games like the used to...
You're right, they don't. And that isn't a bad thing. :]

Look at Zelda. If they "stayed true" to the original style of video game they created on the NES, we'd never have a masterpiece like Ocarina of Time.

Evolution in video games is unavoidable, I think we all need to stop looking at B/W strictly in relation to past generations and appreciate it for being an entirely new experience.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Massai
Lesson The First

They don't make anything like they use to. You can either speculate about the scary changes, or accept the fact that everything changes and speculate about how much fun it can be, because you know you're buying it, playing it and loving it.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:55 PM
GunSaberSeraph
Durandal of the Devic Era

Didn't one of the Corocoro screenshots back in April show the hometown looking rather traditional?

My guess is that there will still be a few old styled areas, but the main focus will be urbanized.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

I have a question for the OP: Why would you want to see the same thing over and over again? Wouldn't it get just a bit tedious for you? I think it's time that Pokemon did undergo a change; to feel more realistic and for the gamer to actually feel like they're going on a Pokemon adventure and not...y'know, feel plain and stuff. D/P/P and even HG/SS had wonderful 3D graphics, but this is taking it to a whole new level.

And to be honest, I like it.
Old May 16th, 2010, 02:57 PM
GlitchCity

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to GlitchCity
I kinda like this little detail. It seems that GF is paying attention to the outside world. Hover crafts Im still waiting for lol.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here