The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 19th, 2010, 05:23 AM
dooxer
42 or not 42

Nature: Quiet
Do many people here actually take advantage of the ability to fight your friends pokemon via mix and match records, then you can find them in their secret base? I find threads on grinding techniques and while fighting a mob of trainers is cool an all, getting a strong player to mix records with you would mean getting exp for lvl 60+ pokemon.

not to brag or anything, but with 8 lvl 100 friend bases to level up at completing the hoenn dex and maxing my team's level was easy. though you can only fight them once a day, it proves better than only waiting for rematches with trainers in r/s/e.

just saying, in case people don't actually know.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:00 PM
zephzer
Electabuzz Master

Nature: Brave
That's the way I did it. The only hard part was when one my friends an I had a secret base located in the same place. I had to move so I could battle him.

Electrabuzz!

98% of teens drop pokemon after middle school. If ur part of the rare 2% who still like it after middle school, copy and paste this into your signature.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:10 PM
JakeyBoy
Riddle me this

Nature: Naughty
I've done it, but it wasn't something I'd do constantly. A lot of the time you could probably arrange a link battle, which is more intense. However, it had it's upsides; there were people I got from mixing records that I didn't know, as well as friends that I rarely see, which was... nice, I suppose.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:13 PM
dooxer
42 or not 42

yea but with linking there is no xp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephzer View Post
That's the way I did it. The only hard part was when one my friends an I had a secret base located in the same place. I had to move so I could battle him.
of course our friends always take the best spots lol.
Old May 24th, 2010, 02:40 PM
PuNkSter
Typhlosion is on fire!

Everytime I train a Pokemon, I always go to my friends secret bases. I thought it was a good way of training since the levels of trainers in the game were quite low. Plus it was fun owning my friends everyday and how their secret bases were unattractive compared to mine.
Old May 25th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
I have a few friend's bases, however all but one of them suck. So I eventually just started mixing records with my other files so that I knew the challenge would be higher because I was always overlevel. Oh, and my base is in the best spot ever. No one had mine, but my best friend had the one next to me.
Old May 26th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
This was before the days of Wi-fi, so I had a main game and started over in another copy of the game, created secret bases with those game files, and in essence battled myself, albeit with a different team in each base.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP