The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.


Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:15 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Pokémon: PokéBall World

Rom Information:
Author: 雷影 イチロ(Ichiro)/Silver
Hack Base: FireRed [BPRE]
Language: English

Storyline:
One of the greatest mysteries of the Pokémon world is one that has remained unknown for many years. It hides beneath our noses and yet we do nothing to question it.

The humble PokéBall, created to encapsulate monsters known as Pokémon for storage in order to use later. What we don’t know is what goes on inside the humble PokéBall, yet many simply shrug, saying that the Pokémon merely relax.
This is not the case.

Unbeknownst to trainers a world exists within the humble PokéBall; a world not so different from ours yet not so similar. Here Pokémon roam freely in a world only they can access and that only they rule. In this world they are not used to fight or captured for research, they are free to do what they please. This also includes taming of creatures; creatures known as Sapiens.

Play as Pikachu as you travel through the mystical PokéBall World, discovering and journeying to lands not often tread. Capture and battle with Sapiens; fight your way to the top.

The world is not as it seems.
So what are you waiting for, interested?

Features:
>Play as ‘Pikachu’.
>A new region within the Pokeball.
>151-ish Sapiens to catch.
>An adventure

Screenshots:
Spoiler:


Credits:
Lu-Ho : Advance Map
HackMew : Xtreme Script Editor
>Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition
destinedjagold : Pikachu Sprite
Dragoon : HGSS OW Sprites

Progress:
(Map: Mapping / Scripting)
Starter Town: 100% / 20%
Route One: 100% / 0%
First City: 100% / 0%

Downloads:
coming soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2    
Old December 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Al3X's Avatar
Al3X
Pokemon Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
hey theres no screenies :O
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #3    
Old December 17th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Blaziquaza's Avatar
Blaziquaza
...
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Whyalla, Australia
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
There is, you can't see them. *facepalm*
__________________
Everything you say to me pushes one step closer to the edge



And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Reply With Quote
  #4    
Old December 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Geno9213's Avatar
Geno9213
Geno is awesome!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Minerva's Den, Rapture
Gender: Male
This seems interesting. One thing though; is there anything different about these "sapiens?" It seems to just be a normal Pokemon game just with different Trainers (The Pokemon) and Pokemon. (The sapiens)
Reply With Quote
  #5    
Old December 17th, 2010, 05:54 PM
sigeru's Avatar
sigeru
Graphic artist(wannabe)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sandgem town,Sinnoh
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
um.... I am quite certain the Pokeball doesn't lead to a new dimension.
If you watch the anime and the manga the pokemon's are just minimised.(sorry if i'm wrong)
But who cares, I really love the idea, very original.
However Pikachu isn't very original. All seasons of the anime have it.... there is a offical game (yellow version)...
there are few great hacks like 'Pokemon Ash gray version, Pokemon rescue rangers' which has it.
My point is there are way to much pikachus!!
__________________
Always updateing signature
Reply With Quote
  #6    
Old December 18th, 2010, 09:31 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno9213 View Post
This seems interesting. One thing though; is there anything different about these "sapiens?" It seems to just be a normal Pokemon game just with different Trainers (The Pokemon) and Pokemon. (The sapiens)
Other than the fact that they are human in appearance? no. The idea behind the game is the role reversal of Pokemon and Humans, how the Pokemon are in charge as trainers. I know it unoriginally follows the Pokemon storyline, but this is only a start.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sigeru View Post
um.... I am quite certain the Pokeball doesn't lead to a new dimension.
If you watch the anime and the manga the pokemon's are just minimised.(sorry if i'm wrong)
But who cares, I really love the idea, very original.
However Pikachu isn't very original. All seasons of the anime have it.... there is a offical game (yellow version)...
there are few great hacks like 'Pokemon Ash gray version, Pokemon rescue rangers' which has it.
My point is there are way to much pikachus!!
I know that the Anime and Manga show then to just minimised, and that the pokeball doesn't lead to another dimension, but this is just a take on it, it was my own idea to have the role reversal, bring something new into pokemon hacking.
I'm not too sure about why I chose Pikachu, but it is only there as a preliminary sprite, It is subject to change.

Last edited by colcolstyles; December 19th, 2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Double posting
Reply With Quote
  #7    
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:21 AM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Undertaker. Co.
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Naughty
I love the sounds of this hack
I would say look :/ But i cant see the screens
__________________
gone.
Reply With Quote
  #8    
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Banjora Marxvile's Avatar
Banjora Marxvile
Oui Oui Si Si Ja Ja Da Da
 
Join Date: May 2008
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Interesting use of the Pikachu sprite from DJG. I assume that you were allowed to use it, as in asked, because you credited him, so good on you for that.

Err... Interesting concept, and I wish you luck. Would have been better with a completely custom sprite in my opinion, but still, it looks interesting. Hope that the next load of screenshots will show more than maps, for example scripting.
__________________

Man of Steel
He harbors no shame
Got cut a raw deal
But he holds no blame
Gone and forgot to feel
Numb for pretentious pain
As he spins the wheel
There's no loss nor no gain...


Nerves o
f Steel
He must remain
Even if it kills
To remember my name
A view to a thrill
Like Campari and Champagne
I'm on the rocks
Please tell me, What Is My Name?

Reply With Quote
  #9    
Old December 19th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Ocarion's Avatar
Ocarion
I'm just playing hacks
 
Join Date: May 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Lax
I'm really excited about this hack. It sounds interesting. As Sigeru did point out Pikachu isn't very original. I like Ralts because they eventaully become Gallades, but I don't know how open anyone will be towards that. I also like Riolu because of Lucario. Those are just suggestions. Do what you want with them.
__________________
Congats! You can read. You will recieve a cookie in 2 billion years!
Reply With Quote
  #10    
Old December 19th, 2010, 11:51 AM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjora Marxvile View Post
Interesting use of the Pikachu sprite from DJG. I assume that you were allowed to use it, as in asked, because you credited him, so good on you for that.
He doesn't need to give destinedjagold credit because that sprite was ripped from Mystery Dungeon. (link) I'm not quite sure why he did. :\
__________________

Brother of Vrai
Reply With Quote
  #11    
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:18 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
He doesn't need to give destinedjagold credit because that sprite was ripped from Mystery Dungeon. (link) I'm not quite sure why he did. :\
I credited destinedjagold, because I was initially told it was his sprite. But other than that I got the sprite off him (pretty much) hence the credit.

Like I said before, the Pikachu Sprite is the one I'm using as a preliminary sprite, so it can and most likely will be changed. and Thanks Ocarion for the suggestions.

Next load of screenshots will feature scripting, but my scripting at the moment only consists of script editting and currently I am working on inserting other PMD sprites into the game.
Reply With Quote
  #12    
Old December 19th, 2010, 02:33 PM
sab's Avatar
sab
Now too much of a life.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Midgar
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Why are the screens not appearing?
__________________
anCay ouyay eakspay igpay atinlay? Ifay osay easeplay m.p.ay
emay enthay opycay anday astepay isthay inay ouryay ignaturesay.
Reply With Quote
  #13    
Old December 19th, 2010, 05:16 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by sab View Post
Why are the screens not appearing?
Hmm, it lets me see them, and others.
The only thing I can think of is that it is:
1) your web browser
or 2) I'll need to upload them to Pokecommunity.

Currently they are on PHO so I'm guessing it might not like that, I'll sort this issue out as soon as I can.
Reply With Quote
  #14    
Old December 21st, 2010, 08:27 PM
Jayster23's Avatar
Jayster23
A Promise To Return
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Straya
Age: 18
Gender: Male
I like the idea pretty creative. Also i reckon instead of Pikachu choose something well known but original. Also i'm not a fan of the anime(very much) but that is actually a good take on the idea of the Pokeball
__________________
FC: 4441-9989-0344
FS: Tangela | Swadloon | Quilladin
IGN: Jayden
Reply With Quote
  #15    
Old December 22nd, 2010, 02:21 PM
KingDoubt's Avatar
KingDoubt
HATEMONGER
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
Interesting concept, but executing it will be hard.
Can't wait to try this!
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #16    
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:18 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Okay, I am having a rough time with the OW Sprites and choosing a Pokemon Hero Sprite.

Since it is you who will be playing my hack, which of the original (ie 150) Pokemon that are either basic or second form would you like to play as?
Legendaries are a no go.
Reply With Quote
  #17    
Old December 26th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Kevin's Avatar
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 15
Gender: Male
I... don't seem to see the screenshots, so I dunno that much. =/

But the story sounds interesting, playing as a Pokemon in the PokeBall world. :D But I dunno the main story of the hack; is there an evil team, is it a mystery-dungeon based hack, etc. Except I might be wrong since I dunno what you mean by Sapiens.

This hack... seems kind of mysterious but a little interesting at the same time. Good luck.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18    
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:43 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
I... don't seem to see the screenshots, so I dunno that much. =/

But the story sounds interesting, playing as a Pokemon in the PokeBall world. :D But I dunno the main story of the hack; is there an evil team, is it a mystery-dungeon based hack, etc. Except I might be wrong since I dunno what you mean by Sapiens.

This hack... seems kind of mysterious but a little interesting at the same time. Good luck.
This Screenshot thing is bugging me, I'm slowly in the process of fixing it.
Sapiens comes from Homosapiens, ie; Human Beings. For now, the main story of the hack is based around the typical Pokemon storyline, just with reversed roles.
Reply With Quote
  #19    
Old December 26th, 2010, 07:52 PM
siper x's Avatar
siper x
I'm Russia, Fear Russia
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
hey, been a while, and your hacks are still great! at first i wasn't going to look at this hack, but then i saw it was you, and now i'm glad i did. sadly i can't see the screenshots. as for what pokemon, i think eevee. pikachu is too common, but eevee is well known, and original.
__________________
Never wish for death, but life. If you die, who will protect those precious to you?

Blood brother to Kroso
Reply With Quote
  #20    
Old December 27th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Kip's Avatar
Kip
Highpaw!
Community Supporter Tier 5
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Rash
The concept is very interesting. Although reverse role Pokémon games are nothing new (I seem to remember a couple of Red hacks with similar concepts) this one seems to have been thought-through, with an actual plot.

btw, if you're having trouble with the screens (I can't see them either), try imageshack.us, and then use the Direct Link field to copy and paste the image link into the picture button on the forums. That always works for me.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #21    
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:47 PM
revlis's Avatar
revlis
The Sentinel
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Syndicate HQ
Age: 22
Gender: Male
Nature: Modest
Yea, I figured people can't see them because they have been uploaded to PHO which is down atm.
But I am working on new screenshots to upload to PC, OW spriting is taking me a bit longer than i thought.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.