Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page B W Sprites.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old May 27th, 2010 (12:26 PM).
Elegant Elitist.

Nature: Quirky
Since the more advanced technology has come out, I've always wanted to have the option of making your own character sprite on the pokemon games, just for that even more slightly personal appeal! Even if it's just a simple matter of changing the hair style and colour, if clothing would be too much hassle to tamper with.
Sorry if a thread has already been started discussing this.
x
Old May 27th, 2010 (12:52 PM).
핖보다,화이팅!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PiPVoda
I can only see Game Freak letting us do that in a pokemon MMORPG...which we probably won't get for like another 50 years. :D
Old May 27th, 2010 (01:43 PM).
Elegant Elitist.

Thanks for your reply,
I was planning on living until at least seventy and still going strong playing pokemon then anyway!
x
Old May 27th, 2010 (07:55 PM).

Nature: Calm
I think that would be a great idea...I always feel funny finding that I never saw a brown person, until the battle frontier brain from D/P/Pt named Dahlia. I think she was supposed to be Brazilian? Cuz her pants are very tight like Brazilian jeans. I bet a lot of people would like to make their sprites look more like them. But that would probably cost too much data that they might want to spend on other features.

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 27th, 2010 (08:06 PM).
ain't that a kick in the head?

Nature: Relaxed
Yeah, I really like this idea, I just don't think it will happen.
If it did the choices would have to be very limited.
For every small change to the character, they'd have to make new walking/running/biking/surfing/fishing/etc. overworld sprites.
For male anddd female.

It really would be cool though.
It'd add a little variety to peoples characters.
Old May 27th, 2010 (08:37 PM).

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by shuppet88:
I think that would be a great idea...I always feel funny finding that I never saw a brown person, until the battle frontier brain from D/P/Pt named Dahlia. I think she was supposed to be Brazilian? Cuz her pants are very tight like Brazilian jeans. I bet a lot of people would like to make their sprites look more like them. But that would probably cost too much data that they might want to spend on other features.
There's also this guy.

As cool as character customization sounds, I don't think we'll get it this gen, unless it's something really minor. If they come out with a Stadium type thing for this gen that will probably have customization like PBR.
Old May 27th, 2010 (08:56 PM).

Who is that guy?! He looks German because of his clothes. They look like liederhosen for some reason. Or a weird Final Fantasy outfit like Tidus...anyway I wish sprites could be adjusted! But it's probably way too late. :/

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old May 27th, 2010 (09:10 PM). Edited May 27th, 2010 by Kirbychu.

Nature: Naive
Who is that guy?! He looks German because of his clothes. They look like liederhosen for some reason. Or a weird Final Fantasy outfit like Tidus...anyway I wish sprites could be adjusted! But it's probably way too late. :/
That's Barlow, a NPC from the spin-off Pokemon Ranger 2. In other words, he's not relevant to anything.

If we do get customization I think it will be really simple like changing the color of your hat. I just hate seeing everyone on wi-fi looking the same in battle. :(
Old May 28th, 2010 (03:20 AM).
Elegant Elitist.

I just thought it would be a great idea, even on lower-quality sprite sites like Habbohotel you have a certain creativity when it comes to adjusting your sprite. I'm not asking for us to be able to pick the nose, ears and shoe size of our sprites, just simple things like hair colour or perhaps a second set of clothing to choose from!
I'm sure it's a coincidence that Dahlia and Barlow are the only sprites of other skin tone in the games, but things like this could be adjusted so easily!
x
Old May 28th, 2010 (06:52 AM).
Nobody's Problem

Nature: Adamant
Hm. Weird. I was just thinking about this same thing a couple of days ago.
I doubt it will be possible for a long time, but it would be awesome.
Riku: So it's true. You really are his Nobody. Guess DiZ was right after all.
Roxas: What are you talking about? I am ME!!! NOBODY ELSE!!!

~Roxas And Riku
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days

Roxas's PokePet

Darknite the level 76 Weavile!
Old May 28th, 2010 (09:29 AM).

I just don't understand why it would not be possible for a long time. The handheld series is pretty much the main one and most Pokemon fans only play them; I think they're just scared of making weird racial situations. I don't think there would be any though. It would make the games a bit more personal than just getting the choice of a different sex...although that change was a great milestone.

Old May 28th, 2010 (09:56 AM).
Let's share the fruit of fate!
Gold Tier
CS

Nature: Brave
Hmmm.
:[ Wishful thinking, but now that the pokemon battle sprites seem to be animated because they are moving 'parts', I wonder if they would start seeing trainers as 'parts' so, as you have the have the hair as a separate part you would have the base of the head. So it's easier to put different hair on!

But...that's really not much of a correlation.
xD I just do also wish we could have some customization. I mean, there are lesser games that have more customization than pokemon does.

Old May 28th, 2010 (12:30 PM). Edited May 28th, 2010 by HannahHacker.
Elegant Elitist.

I just don't understand why it would not be possible for a long time. The handheld series is pretty much the main one and most Pokemon fans only play them; I think they're just scared of making weird racial situations. I don't think there would be any though. It would make the games a bit more personal than just getting the choice of a different sex...although that change was a great milestone.
Oh I remember the times when we all seethed our way through blue, red, yellow and beyond with our male sprites. It was a great change!!
I've just been playing Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia again and the depth of detail the sprites have is great, why can't we have that amount on other pokemon games that have come out afterwards? I'd have to compare the two closely, but I actually think the pokemon sprites in Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia are better than the ones in the recent Heartgold Soulsilver, sorry if anyone disagrees, just my opinion.
x

Quote originally posted by Lornami:
Hmmm.
:[ Wishful thinking, but now that the pokemon battle sprites seem to be animated because they are moving 'parts', I wonder if they would start seeing trainers as 'parts' so, as you have the have the hair as a separate part you would have the base of the head. So it's easier to put different hair on!

But...that's really not much of a correlation.
xD I just do also wish we could have some customization. I mean, there are lesser games that have more customization than pokemon does.
Sometimes, I wish that the makers of pokemon games would come onto these discussion boards and see what we users think and put it into effect for future games, or at least give them some thought!
A quick 'drag and drop' dress up the doll sequence at the start of the game, between the legendary 'Are you a girl?' and 'What's your name, again?' questions would soothe so much angst. If we can dress up nintendogs why can't we have a few easily clicked and dragged items of hair and clothing for our pokemon sprites? Just a few personal effects?

I completely agree with the 'lesser games that have more customization that pokemon' statement, any games you could list just to further back up that point?
x
Old May 28th, 2010 (03:36 PM).
The Official Roxas
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Yeah character custimization, would be great, but theres already official artwork so that probably not happen, sadly and about the dark skinned people thing, i guess they would think people would think it was racist if they included them NOW, they should probably have done it from the first game.

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old May 28th, 2010 (05:04 PM).
Elegant Elitist.

Quote originally posted by Sora's Nobody:
Yeah character custimization, would be great, but theres already official artwork so that probably not happen, sadly and about the dark skinned people thing, i guess they would think people would think it was racist if they included them NOW, they should probably have done it from the first game.
Yeah, but how would they have made that possible from the first games, if by that you mean colour-free games such as red and blue? Would the character's faces have to be a light shade of gray? Come to think of it, the Hikers seemed to have that.
x
Old May 28th, 2010 (05:29 PM).
Trust me!~

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to HugSomebody
When the silhouettes for Pokemon B/W protagonists came out, I got excited. I imagined that the game would let us fill in our character's looks, opposed to having a set character already. And then the filled in and colored picture for the characters came out. xD
Old May 28th, 2010 (06:06 PM).
The Official Roxas
Gold Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Quote originally posted by HannahHacker:
Yeah, but how would they have made that possible from the first games, if by that you mean colour-free games such as red and blue? Would the character's faces have to be a light shade of gray? Come to think of it, the Hikers seemed to have that.
x
Oh... yeah! i didnt think about the black and white thing in the older games, and the hikers probably just have a sun tan!

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old May 29th, 2010 (01:22 AM).
"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor

Nature: Relaxed
Although I'd love customisation, I doubt they'll include it in BW. It'll more likely be in the next console RPG (at least if Game Freak finally suck it up and make one...), just like PBR had. It's much easier to change 3d object's "clothes" because it simply involves changing the texture, not creating hundreds of variants of the same sprite.

Old May 29th, 2010 (01:30 AM).
Lady Loki

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to MrsNorrington Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MrsNorrington Send a message via Skype™ to MrsNorrington
I would love it if they created a Pokemon game where we could modify our character. If not modifiable characters, they should at least let us choose from the different playable characters from each generation, or just create a variety of different appearances to choose from.

FC: 1977-0654-1609
Old May 29th, 2010 (02:59 AM).
Advanced Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by MrsNorrington:
I would love it if they created a Pokemon game where we could modify our character. If not modifiable characters, they should at least let us choose from the different playable characters from each generation, or just create a variety of different appearances to choose from.
I would really like that and think like that before the 5th Gen announce. When I'm on the other Forum, the admin give me an Infraction and seems to hate me though. I actually think if only they create 2 New 5th gen games which each games has Multiple Main Characters. So when I don't like that Character, I'll just use the other one.

Old May 29th, 2010 (03:09 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to >Feelings<
I'd love customization. Too bad they aren't considering this. At least five sets of clothes, and five sets of hair style would be great enough for now.
Old May 29th, 2010 (04:14 AM).
Advanced Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Do you guys agree if the Orre region back again? I bet it'll probably for Wii!

Old May 29th, 2010 (04:25 AM).
Elite Four Spawn

Nature: Timid
I don't see why it couldn't work out. Maybe something like the DS game "Tony Hawks' Downhill Jam" or "Animal Crossing (Wii/DS/GC)" where you could use the stylus to color your clothing. The better idea would be to store your "outfits" on the system memory, and then either:

A.) You share the default sprite to everyone else, but you can see your unique look.
B.) Wi-Fi Download of your friends/everyone to your DS system memory and then you can see them too!
Any images or works I post, are that of my own creation, or I have properly credited the artist/creator. If I am the creator, you may use my work in any way you see fit, provided you give credit. If it is someone else's work, please give them a message, asking if you can use it.
Old May 29th, 2010 (11:51 AM).
Elegant Elitist.

To MrsNorrington:
Same here, although I’ve never thought about choosing from different gen. Characters it would be a nice change, maybe an option of choosing one of those gen. Sprites and then simply changing the hair colour and one item of clothing colour?

In response to Hibaru:
I don’t really think that Infractions and the like are to be spoken about in this thread, so let’s just close that right there by saying maybe you accidently posted it in the wrong thread, as Forum Admins are unbiased opinions not prone to ‘hating’ anybody. So let’s just leave that there! Multiple main characters would be very fun! I dislike the female sprite in the upcoming black/white games.

To >Feelings<
I think what you said would be a great idea, and a small step towards full customization long-term.

In reply to SpawnHyuuga:
As I’ve said in earlier comments, they should seriously think about doing product consumer research on here, ‘see what the customer’ wants, and how they can improve to get a better product rating and increasing buying. I think your idea is a really good one and would be beneficial, it’s a shame that none of this will probably happen until, as Rich Boy Bob said, a better developed console is made.
Old May 29th, 2010 (01:20 PM).
Mostly inactive.

Maybe they could add a simple pallete change ability?
or at least different coloured clothes for wifi so we can still be the main trainer sprite but be able to be distinguished?
I hope so!

Wind
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links