Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Winson
Legendary Pokemon Master

Advertise here
I've so far made 2 stories that make fun of Pokemon and wanting to make more. Can you guys think of some topics from Pokemon that I make a story to poke fun of Pokemon? XD This is just for letting people on the internet read so internet references can be in them. X3
A one woman man's what I wanna be,
Stay by her side so faithfully.
I would if I could, but it's just no good,
Cause there's two perfect girls for me
HAHAHA! ALRIGHT! XD <3

I'm an Emo Pokemon Trainer with years of experiece... PM me if you want to have a battle...

Name: Winson
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 4940 3034 7963
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 4039 9511 9814
Old May 28th, 2010, 07:00 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
TBH you can use anything, as I believe near anything can be turned into a joke with a bit of thinking/research. Just look at game mechanics, or potentially better yet get out a game and play a bit - tends to work for me when I want to make fun out of something.

But if you're writing stories, I'd suggest looking beyond just throwing in internet references as that can be just forced comedy, or jokes everyone knows already if they've been on the internet for a bit - such stories tend to fall flat, simply. (Furthermore, what sort of jokes would you make anyway?) The story would be more interesting if you structure it around an actual plot or something so there's a story to follow rather than just jokes around a topic... Of course if you do that already then so much the better, hard to tell what sort of story you're really doing from the info you've provided so far. =P

Old May 28th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Winson
Legendary Pokemon Master

Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
TBH you can use anything, as I believe near anything can be turned into a joke with a bit of thinking/research. Just look at game mechanics, or potentially better yet get out a game and play a bit - tends to work for me when I want to make fun out of something.

But if you're writing stories, I'd suggest looking beyond just throwing in internet references as that can be just forced comedy, or jokes everyone knows already if they've been on the internet for a bit - such stories tend to fall flat, simply. (Furthermore, what sort of jokes would you make anyway?) The story would be more interesting if you structure it around an actual plot or something so there's a story to follow rather than just jokes around a topic... Of course if you do that already then so much the better, hard to tell what sort of story you're really doing from the info you've provided so far. =P
I'm just randomly writing out story for fun and see what people think. XD I'll probably parody Twilight using Pokemon as the characters. Edward would be a Shiny Crobat or something. (Note: Shininess to parody the Sparkling. XD) And Bella can be... Jynx? XD LOL! And all other other character will be insignificant, just like what I heard. XB (I've never watch or read the book, but I heard it was horrible)
A one woman man's what I wanna be,
Stay by her side so faithfully.
I would if I could, but it's just no good,
Cause there's two perfect girls for me
HAHAHA! ALRIGHT! XD <3

I'm an Emo Pokemon Trainer with years of experiece... PM me if you want to have a battle...

Name: Winson
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 4940 3034 7963
Pokemon SoulSilver Friend Code: 4039 9511 9814
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winson View Post
(I've never watch or read the book, but I heard it was horrible)
Then I'm not quite sure how your parody will work. The best parodies work with the source material, so that it's recognizable as to what's being parodied.

Also, with something that's been parodied as often and as recently as Twilight, you'll want to bring something new to the parody itself. Either your own brand of humor that pokes fun at the source in a new way, or by poking fun at an aspect of it that hasn't been done before.
Old June 4th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Dubstep
Goes bump in the night

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Dubstep
Probopass and that giant, hairy nose.
Old June 4th, 2010, 03:11 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep View Post
Probopass and that giant, hairy nose.
and then he sneezed O_o
i reckon any story can be made into a good story, just think .
i was gonna make one tied to the haunted house of Eterna Forest in Sinnoh,
but i ain't a skilled writer

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old August 8th, 2010, 09:36 PM
miley810
Assassin

Nature: Jolly
u like making fun of pokemon?Do u not like it?

Card Captor Sakura ★ April

Miley ★ BFF // Cousin // Siblings
Sig Credit: Fire Heart (thanks sis!)

My vampire brother: ShinyDiamond
My vampire sister: PinkSapphire
My Pair: Nonexistant...Besides anime characters of course
Old August 9th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Don't bump threads over a month old. It's written right in the rules of the forum.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here