Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Gen 6: The Wonderlocke Challenge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 18th, 2015 (02:16 PM). Edited March 15th, 2015 by Pendraflare.
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
And here we have the other well-known variation of the Nuzlocke Challenge, in the form of the Wonderlocke. This variant takes on Generation VI's famous Wonder Trade feature and takes your trades for something that could come from anybody else in the world.

Rules:
Spoiler:
Yet again, rules are C/P'd from Marriland's New Way to Play article.

Rule #1: Fainted Pokémon are considered dead.
  • Part of what makes Nuzlocke challenges so difficult is that fainted Pokémon must forever be removed from your party, since they are considered "dead" for storyline purposes.
  • They must be either released permanently or, alternatively, may be placed in a dedicated box in the PC.
Rule #2: You can only catch the first Pokémon in any new area.
  • Whenever you enter a new route or area, you're only able to catch or receive the first Pokémon you encounter there.
  • You aren't forced to catch that Pokémon; it's just your only chance to.
  • Dupes Clause: Typically, you are allowed to ignore any encounters of Pokémon that you've already caught. Since you can only use Pokémon obtained through Wonder Trade, this clause is changed slightly in a Wonderlocke. If you obtain a Pokémon through a Wonder Trade you've already received, you may Wonder Trade that Pokémon again for a new one.
  • You may also impose a limit of how many times Dupes Clause triggers to avoid exploiting it in order to encounter rare Pokémon.
Rule #3: All Pokémon captured in the wild or obtained in-game must be Wonder Traded immediately.
  • This is the whole idea of a Wonderlocke; by Wonder Trading all Pokémon you've obtained you essentially play the whole game without any possibility of knowing what Pokémon you'll be using.
  • There is one exception to this rule, as your starter Pokémon cannot be Wonder Traded until you capture a second Pokémon. However, as soon as you do, you must Wonder Trade them both. However, if the first Pokémon you receive via Wonder Trade is at Level 1, you may use your starter temporarily to train it up to Level 5 before you Wonder Trade it away.
  • Optional Rule: Soul Bond Clause: An original component of the initial Wonderlocke ruleset, if you are given a Pokémon in-game, you do not have to Wonder Trade it and are able to keep and nickname it.
  • Level Clause: A Wonderlocke can be made much easier by using this clause. Essentially you can choose to continue Wonder Trading until you get a Pokémon whose level is just about the same as your average Pokémon. This means that you won't be overleveled early in the game or underleveled late in the game.
  • Optional Rule: Legendary Jackpot Clause: If you get a legendary Pokémon over Wonder Trade, you must Wonder Trade it back immediately, but you can get a bonus encounter in any previous area that you already had your encounter in and can Wonder Trade that should you catch it.
  • You may also impose a limit of how large the level gap of your Pokémon can be with Wonder Trades. Typically a range of ten levels is reasonable for Wonder Traded Pokémon.

Also, you may choose to turn your challenge into a WonderWedlocke, incorporating the rules I have in the Wedlocke Challenge thread here.

Other Optional Rules:
Spoiler:
A black out is game over.
You must change your battle style to SET.
You can only use the Poke Center a number of times per town.
You can only buy a certain number pokeballs per town.
You must only use Pokeballs to catch pokemon.
You cannot deposit Pokémon to your PC unless required for HM purposes.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of healing items and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of battle.
Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended).
Your Pokémon cannot exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader, otherwise it cannot be used (either until that Gym Leader has been defeated, or permanently).
Or any others you might think of.

When is my challenge complete?
X and Y - Defeat the Elite Four and Diantha at the Pokémon League. (And AZ, but you probably won't have any trouble with him anyway.)
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - Defeat the Elite Four and Steven at the Pokémon League. OPTIONAL: Complete the Delta Episode. HOWEVER, since Rayquaza is forced onto your team before the final battle with Zinnia and then Deoxys, it is your decision as to how you want to handle that.

Here is the application form:
Name: Your username.
Game: The game you will be doing the challenge on.
Wedlocke?: Yes or No, as to whether you plan to incorporate Wedlocke rules or not.
Any optional rules?: See the spoiler above.

Here's mine:
Name: Pendraflare
Game: Alpha Sapphire
Wedlocke?: No (This is the first i'll actually attempt, so it's basically a warm-up before I inevitably go the extra mile.)
Any optional rules: Set battle style, three healing items per battle, clause to allow to bypass certain early game stuff if I get them. Also while not placing an explicit level limit, I will not be intentionally leveling past the Gym Leaders' highest levels (or 55 before the league).

Challengers:
Spoiler:
Volga - Alpha Sapphire
KoboraX - Omega Ruby
Alli - Y

Wedlocke Challengers:
Spoiler:
Thursday - Y

Champions:
Spoiler:
Pendraflare - Alpha Sapphire, 5 deaths (4 upon completion of main game), Set mode, three healing items per battle
Old February 21st, 2015 (10:19 AM). Edited February 21st, 2015 by Pendraflare.
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Finally time to get a jump on this, I had stuff to take care of before.

Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke, Update #1

Spoiler:
So I started the game, chose the boy and named myself Darwin. I chose Treecko, and beat May's Torchic then after getting the Pokédex, caught a Zigzagoon on Route 101, a Wingull on Route 103, and another Zigzagoon on Route 102. Once I got the PlayNav from Wally, I Wonder Traded and got for each of them:
A Buneary for my Route 101 Zigzagoon. I kept Treecko in the party to train it up to Leel 5, then traded Treecko for a Scyther. I traded the Wingull for a Ralts, and the Route 102 Zigzagoon for a Roggenrola. I got something else on Route 104 that I can't remember what it was, but I traded it for a Magikarp (after exempting a Bunnelby). Then my Petalburg Woods catch, a Wurmple, was traded for a Charmander with sadly no special moves. I beat some of the trainers and saved the Devon Researcher from the Team Aqua grunt, and got the Exp. Share but I turned that off. From there on I was trying to be careful with trainers because I didn't want to end up past Level 10 (except Magikarp, who has no attacks anyway). Once I was in Rustboro, I talked to some people, then caught a Nincada on Route 116 and traded that for a Torchic with Speed Boost. And I caught a Whismur in Rusturf Tunnel and traded it for (after exempting a Wurmple) a Timburr, which was LITERALLY perfect because it came just in time for me to fight the Gym Leader. I used it to beat the Fisherman with those three Magikarp, and got it to Level 10 before I entered the Gym. I avoided all the trainers and cut right to the Gym Leader.

I started with Roggenrola against Geodude. I was somehow faster and got off a Headbutt to rid her of Sturdy before she used Rock Tomb for under 1/3 my health. I got the Quick Claw and used Sand-Attack, and she hit with Tackle for minuscule damage. She went for Defense Curl as I used Sand-Attack once more. She missed with Tackle, and I got another Sand-Attack in. Quick Claw, Sand-Attack, Defense Curl. Then she used Tackle again for whatever reason, and another Sand-Attack. Quick Claw, Sand-Attack, failed Tackle. I switched to Magikarp, and she hit with Tackle, but no matter because I went over to Ralts. She missed with Rock Tomb. Confusion didn’t do as much as I hoped, but she missed with Rock Tomb. I used another Confusion, which killed her.
Nosepass was next up. I began with Confusion, that only did around 1/6 her health as Rock Tomb did over half of mine. Then I switched to Buneary, and she used Tackle for a quarter of my health. I got in a Baby-Doll Eyes as she used Tackle again. I got her Attack halved before she went for Rock Tomb and knocked me to 1/3 my health. I used one more Baby-Doll Eyes as she hit with Rock Tomb and left me very low. I went over to Magikarp again, and she used Tackle for a weak hit. Then it was finally time for Charpenti to get in, as she used Rock Tomb for a laughably terrible hit. Mach Punch did good, but she used Harden. As she used Tackle, I went for Leer. Same thing next turn, then finally a Mach Punch finished her off.

So I got the Stone Badge and TM39 for Rock Tomb, which is great. Then we left the Gym to see a Team Aqua thug stealing something! But we’ll deal with that later. I deposited Buneary into the box for Scyther before stopping there.

And here's my team:

Spoiler:
(F), Level 10
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Swarm
Moves: Leer, Pursuit, Quick Attack, Vacuum Wave

(F), Level 11
Nature: Calm
Ability: Trace
Moves: Confuse Ray, Confusion, Disarming Voice, Growl

(F), Level 12
Moves: Splash

(M), Level 12
Nature: Timid
Moves: Ember, Growl, Scratch, Smoke Screen

(M), Level 11
Nature: Rash
Moves: Harden, Headbutt, Sand-Attack, Tackle

(M) "Charpenti", Level 11
Ability: Iron Fist
Moves: Focus Energy, Leer, Mach Punch, Pound

Storage: Buneary LV11, Torchic LV1
Old February 21st, 2015 (11:03 AM).
The Dragon Knight

Nature: Naughty
So this is pretty much a Nuzlocke, just the only difference is the Wonder Trading?

Name: Volga
Game: Alpha Sapphire
Wedlocke?: No
Any optional rules?: Dupes Clause

This is my first Wonderlocke, so I'll make it easy.
Old February 21st, 2015 (05:47 PM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

That's right, this is basically a Nuzlocke with Wonder Trade. You may have heard of it before, but nice to have another visitor. Anyway, time for my next round.

Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke - Update #2

Spoiler:
Encounters for Knuckle Badge:
Dewford Town: Magikarp, traded for Ralts then Slakoth
Route 106: Tentacool, traded for LV27 Psyduck then Taillow
Granite Cave: Zubat, traded for Charmander then Rattata
Route 107: Magikarp, traded for Illumise

So I went to Rusturf Tunnel, beating the trainers on Route 116 along the way. Then there was the Team Aqua grunt but he was no concern. I got the BuzzNav from the Devon President, and HM01 for Cut in the Cutter’s house, then grabbed Buneary again and gave her Cut so I could beat the trainers over in that one area. Then I fought the rest of the trainers that I didn’t before taking Mr. Briney’s boat to Dewford. After that I swapped Buneary back for Scyther, since Buneary will be useless in the next Gym fight.

I got the Good Rod and the Silk Scarf, then got some encounters - a Magikarp in Dewford Town and Route 107, which were traded for a Slakoth and Illumise respectively, a Tentacool on Route 106 which was traded for a Taillow, and a Zubat in Granite Cave which was traded for a Rattata. After I had beat all the Fishermen, it was time to take on the Gym. I beat the trainers without much worry, then it was time for Brawly!

Brawly:
I began with Charpenti as he used Machop first. I started with Leer as he used Karate Chop, which did over 1/3 my health with a critical hit. So I decided to use Mach Punch, which did well over half his health as he used Karate Chop and scored another critical hit to leave me with 1/4 my health, but another Mach Punch killed him.
Makuhita was next, and I switched over to Ralts as he used Arm Thrust, which hit two times for 2 HP. I used Confuse Ray, and he hit himself for a small chunk of his health. Then I used Confusion and knocked him to 1 HP, but he snapped out of confusion and hit me with Sand-Attack. He used a Super Potion, but I used Disarming Voice (yay for never miss) and slammed him in two hits for the win.

So he gave me the Knuckle Badge and TM08 for Bulk Up, always nice.

Encounters for Dynamo Badge:
Route 109: Magikarp, traded for Exploud then Shroomish
Slateport City: Tentacool, traded for Zangoose
Route 110: Electrike, traded for LV32 Lanturn then Cottonee
Route 117: Roselia, failed to catch

Then I went to the Granite Cave and found Steven studying the paintings before he got my letter and gave me TM51 for Steel Wing. Gaining a few more levels, I took the boat over to Route 109. I used the Old Rod there and caught a Magikarp, and Charmander grew to Level 16 and evolved into a Charmeleon. Then I traded the Magikarp for an Exploud, but that was way too high leveled so I had to retrade it for a Shroomish. There were a handful of trainers on the route and in the Seashore House, but the only one that proved any annoyance was one with a Goldeen, and Ralts had a close shave against a Street Thug with a Carvanha. That allowed me to get some Soda Pop from Mr. Sea.

So I made way into Slateport City! After healing up, I found a Tentacool with the Old Rod, which Magikarp almost OHKO’ed with a critical hit Tackle. But it didn’t, so I caught it. I then traded it for a Zangoose, which was Level 19 - barely under the level limit, so I went with it. I then went to the place where Dock was, and entered the museum. Captain Stern was there, and we got jumped by two Team Aqua grunts who had nothing on me. Archie showed up and said some stuff before Captain Stern took the Devon Parts from me.

Afterwards I was stopped by Lisia scouting out potential contest participants, but I didn’t do any contests. (I heard that I can’t trade the Cosplay Pikachu, anyway.) On Route 110, I caught an Electrike which was traded for a Lanturn, but that was too high leveled. And I traded that for a Cottonee. Team Aqua was on the route, but they proceeded and allowed me to go. I tried to avoid some of the trainers so I wouldn’t get too over-leveled, but I got Magikarp to reach Level 20 and become a Gyarados.

Then it was time to fight May! She started with Wailmer as I used Ralts. I tried to begin with Confuse Ray, but she scored a critical hit and flinch with Astonish turn one and did over 2/3 my health. So I wasted no time in going to Gyarados and ate her Water Gun like nothing. Bite did 1/3 her health and flinched her, then second turn she used Whirlpool but it didn’t do much before I finished her. Shroomish was up next, and I went to Charmeleon as she used Stun Spore. But she went for Leech Seed, and I hit with Dragon Rage for more than half. I used healing item #1, a Paralyze Heal, before she went with Headbutt. Then I finished her with Dragon Rage. Combusken was last, and I went to Roggenrola just to see what she would do. She used Sand-Attack, then Flame Charge before I used my own Sand-Attack right back at her. She missed with Double Kick then I got in another Sand-Attack. I went back to Gyarados and she got Intimidated and missed with Double Kick. But she got in a Sand-Attack and missed with Tackle, then next turn it was the opposite and I hit for over a quarter of her health. Double Kick did pathetic damage, and another Tackle hit hard. She used Flame Charge, but it didn’t quite kill her. But I finished her next turn.

Whew! So she gave me the Dowsing Machine and healed up my Pokémon, which is always good. I made it through a couple more trainers and arrived in Mauville City. I followed Wally and his uncle to the Gym, and beat his Ralts with my own. Then I got HM06 for Rock Smash from his uncle. I healed up and did some stuff in Mauville, then went over to Route 117. There, I found a Roselia, but it ran us out of Poké Balls. Then it was time to go to the Gym. We had a Battle Girl with a Meditite that very nearly killed half my team. After beating all the trainers, Ralts was right near Level 20, so I beat up one wild Electrike to get her to evolve into Kirlia. Then it was Gym Leader time!

Wattson:
I began with Charpenti against Magnemite. I was somehow faster and began with a Low Sweep that knocked him to his Sturdy, and he used Thunder Wave but my Cheri Berry cured it. He healed, but I just KO’ed him within two more attacks.
Voltorb came next, and he used Charge as I got off a Low Sweep for well over half. I finished him with Mach Punch.
Magneton was last, and he missed with Supersonic while my Low Kick almost killed him. Mach Punch next turn and he was dead.

Nice, won that without a scratch. With that, I got the Dynamo Badge and TM71 for Volt Switch. Cool!

Encounters for Heat Badge:
Route 111: Geodude, traded for Lillipup
Route 112: Numel, traded for Voltorb named Voltobal
Fiery Path: Grimer, traded for Magikarp then a Wurmple then a Dwebble.
Route 113: Sandshrew, traded for Lotad named Datos.

Then I went back to Route 117 and fought a couple trainers. I entered Verdanturf Town, and smashed the rocks in Rusturf Tunnel. That allowed me to get the Aggronite from Wanda’s boyfriend, which will be neat if I get an Aron. And while I healed up in Verdanturf, I found out my Pokémon had been infected with the Pokérus status, which is really neat. As I headed north to Route 111, I found a Geodude by using Rock Smash, and caught it. It was traded for a Lillipup. There were a couple more trainers present before May healed me up and gave me HM04 for Strength. On Route 112, I found a Numel, which I caught and was traded for a Voltorb named Voltobal.

Going through a couple trainers, I entered the Fiery Path and found a Grimer. I caught it and it was traded for a Magikarp, but since I already had a Gyarados it went back for a Wurmple, but I exempted that and got a Dwebble. There were a couple more trainers and they weren’t too tough. Aarune was nearby and he talked about Secret Bases then gave me TM94 for Secret Power. But we came to Ace Trainer Brooke, and her Roselia was low on health and I switched in Kirlia, who took a bit under half from Magical Leaf. And I knew full well a critical hit was going to happen, but I stayed in and it killed me. There goes my hopes of this being a deathless run.

Nevertheless, I caught a Sandshrew on Route 113 and it was traded for a Lotad named Datos. I went through the route, fighting as few trainers as possible, and arriving in Fallarbor Town. I got Lanette out of the way and deposited Kirlia into the dead box, throwing Datos the Lotad onto my team for the time being. That’s where i’ll leave this part off.

Team:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 24
Moves: Aerial Ace, Leer, Pursuit, Quick Attack

(F), Level 24
Moves: Bite, Bulldoze, Dragon Rage, Tackle

(M), Level 22
Moves: Dragon Rage, Ember, Scary Face, Smokescreen

(M), Level 23
Moves: Bulldoze, Iron Defense, Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack

(M) "Charpenti", Level 24
Moves: Focus Energy, Low Kick, Low Sweep, Mach Punch

(M) "Datos", Level 3
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Rain Dish
Moves: Astonish, Growl

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 1-24
Cause of death: Critical hit Magical Leaf from Ace Trainer Brooke's Roselia while at 28/52 HP.
Old February 22nd, 2015 (02:56 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2015 by KoboraX.
Not a Stizh

Nature: Relaxed
For once, I'm not doing a solo run. I must be hacking

Name: KoboraX
Game: Omega Ruby
Any optional rules?: Other than completing the Delta Episode, none. I will be Wonder Trading the Rayquaza and Deoxys afterward, though.

EDIT: In the meantime, I'm just gonna go and throw on this nice and clean first update.

Spoiler:

• Let's be honest, we don't really care much for this beginning stuff. I named my character Ruby and got through the beginning jazz, and destroyed Brenden's life.
  • After getting the Pokedex and Poke Balls (which makes this challenge mostly officially on), I headed over to Route 101 and caught Wormy the Wurmple for future Wonder Trading when I get the PlayNav.
  • Got myself Bandit the Zigzagoon on Route 102. I'm waiting until I get the PlayNav to get my Route 103 encounter.
  • Dodged trainers like a pro to get to Petalburg without losing out on some experience for the new mons.
  • Got the PlayNav from Wally. Time for the fun to begin. It's Wonder Trade time.
  • First, we have KFC the Torchic swapped out for...a Riolu. Pretty decent first Wonder Trade...if it wasn't Lv. 1.
  • Next up, we got Wormy the Wurmple for...a Zubat. Total scrub at this point of the game. It's Lv. 11, though, so it won't listen right away.
  • And last, we got Bandit the Zigzagoon for...a Machop named Machollo. Looks like the first gym is getting bodied, but it's Lv. 15, so it won't listen to me for sure. Anyway, time to hit up Route 103.
  • Mother of Arceus, these mons don't listen at all. This is a case. Anyway, I got another Zigzagoon. Named it Bandit 2.
  • Got a Japanese Geodude for Bandit 2. Lv. 15 as well. Kill me now.
  • In Petalburg Woods, I got another Wurmple. We see the trend here. Wormy 2.
  • Got a Taillow for Wormy 2, and for once, it's something that'll obey me without the need for a badge. Although, it's Timid. rip me.
  • Machollo actually listens when it matters, such as against the Team Magma guy in Petalburg Woods. I see how it is, Machollo.
  • Since I purposely skipped my encounter on the southern part of Route 104, on the north side, I found yet another Zigzagoon. Say hello to Bandit 3.
  • Got a Japanese Seedot for Bandit 3. It's Lv. 3. Looks like it's hitting the grinding when I get my first badge.
  • Anyway, as soon as I arrived in Rustboro, I went and got HM01 and the Quick Claw since, let's be honest, I have two pretty dang slow team members right now.
  • So, first gym was an absolute ordeal. Machollo constantly failing to listen, Nosepass got a crit, it wasn't a fun time. But...I got the first badge and nobody died yet. Now I don't have to worry about my team not listening to me until they reach Lv. 20. Joy.

Team Ruby

Riolu (Riolu) Lv. 11 @ Nothing
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Endure, Counter

Zubat (Zubat) Lv. 11 @ Nothing
Nature: Modest
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic, Astonish, Bite

Machollo (Machop) Lv. 18 @ Quick Claw
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Guts
Moves: Karate Chop, Foresight, Low Sweep, Seismic Toss

Geodude (Geodude) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Sturdy
Moves: Mud Sport, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude

Taillow (Taillow) Lv. 11 @ Nothing
Moves: Peck, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Seedot (Seedot) Lv. 11 @ Nothing
Nature: Hardy
Ability: Chlorophyll (more like Borophyll )
Moves: Bide, Harden, Growth

Wonderlocke Challenge - Omega Ruby 2/8
Old February 22nd, 2015 (11:56 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2015 by Pendraflare.
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

And now we get in my next part.

Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke - Update #3

Spoiler:
Encounters for Heat Badge continued:
Route 114: Magikarp, traded for Zigzagoon then a Zangoose then a Feebas.
Meteor Falls: Zubat, traded for Magikarp then Makuhita
Jagged Pass: Machop, traded for Taillow then a Poochyena, then a Zigzagoon.

So as soon as I got back into action, May dragged me over to Professor Cozmo’s house and we found out he’s been kidnapped. Before following her over there, I went back to Route 113 to train up Datos. Mooching off some Skarmory was a help. It didn’t take too long to get him to Level 24. Then I made way to Route 114. I used the Old Rod and found a Magikarp, which I caught and traded for a Zigzagoon, but I exempted it and got a Zangoose, which I had to send back. I got a Feebas in exchange for it.

After the very first trainer I fought, Charpenti reached Level 25 and then evolved into a Gurdurr. The next trainer had a Gyarados that Roggenrola took out all by himself, which got him to Level 25 and evolve into Boldore. At Lanette’s house, I got the Lotad doll from her. As I took on some trainers, I was trying to be mindful of them as to keep from getting too high leveled. We entered Meteor Falls, where my encounter was a Zubat. I caught it and traded it for a Magikarp, which was sent back and I got a Makuhita. I caught up with May, and took on Shelly and the Aqua grunt alongside her. Charmeleon had no trouble with Shelly’s Mightyena thanks to Dragon Rage, but when she went to Carvanha I brought in Gyarados and finished them with Bulldoze. Nothing to worry about.

So after Maxie showed up, May took me back over to Professor Cozmo’s house and I decided to go straight to Mauville. But I had to grab Buneary out of the box to use Rock Smash and then return to Fallarbor to get Datos out again. I took on the grunt and Shelly, beating them easily enough. Then I gave some Persim Berries to my team, and we came to Archie…

He began with Mightyena as I used Gyarados and got off Intimidate. Dragon Rage was a 2HKO while his Assurance did pathetic damage.
Sharpedo was next, and Bulldoze did well over half as he used Swagger, but my Persim Berry kicked in and cured confusion. Another Bulldoze and he was dead.
Golbat was last, and I went for Bite which didn’t quite kill him, then he went for Confuse Ray. I switched out for Scyther, and he used Wing Attack which did over half my health with a critical hit. Quick Attack finished him and won me the fight.

Archie was called by Matt, and gave me the Meteorite before leaving. Maxie and a couple Team Magma grunts said some stuff before leaving, and I got TM59 for Incinerate. Then I went down the Jagged Pass, and found a Machop as my encounter. I caught it, and traded it for a Taillow, but since I already have one it went back and I got a Poochyena, which I exempted and got a Zigzagoon, so I couldn’t exempt it again. Whatever. I only battled one trainer, who turned out to be rather scary but Charmeleon beat both her Fighting-types.

Making it down the hill, I arrived in Lavaridge Town. I got a couple items, then entered the Gym. The trainers weren’t much to worry about. Once we made it to Flannery, it was time for some ignition!

I started with Lombre against Slugma. Bubble Beam was an OHKO.
Torkoal was next. Bubble Beam did over half, although so did her Overheat. No worries because next turn I finished her.
Numel was also OHKO’ed.

That was pretty easy, indeed. So I got the Heat Badge and TM50 for Overheat, which are nice. Then I met with May and went back to Petalburg…only to realize I should not have done that so I could get the TM for Toxic at the Fiery Path. Which I did.

Encounters for Balance Badge:
Route 115: Tentacool, traded for Zorua
Petalburg City: Magikarp, traded for Psyduck

Then I made my way back through Meteor Falls and to Route 115, where I used the Old Rod and caught a Tentacool which was traded for a Zorua. As I made my way back to Petalburg City, I got a Magikarp which was traded for a Psyduck. Afterward it was time for the Gym! The trainers didn’t provide anything for me to worry about. Once I beat all of them, I went back and did the Trick House so I could get the TM12 for Taunt and the Expert Belt. Then we returned to Petalburg, ready for a Gym battle!

I started with Boldore against his first Slaking. He went for Yawn as I began with a Rock Tomb, but it didn’t do much. So I switched to Gyarados and got the Intimidate as he loafed. I used Leer as he used Yawn again. I switched to Gurdurr, and he used Retaliate, which scored a critical hit and did over 2/3 my health, but Low Kick finished him.
Vigoroth was next. I switched over to Scyther, and his Retaliate did less than half even with doubled power. So I used Aerial Ace, but sadly it did less than half. His Retaliate did around a quarter of my health. I used Aerial Ace, only to remember that he was taking less than half, so he reached that point and I had 7 HP left from Retaliate. He healed, so I went with Leer. I switched to Boldore, but his Feint Attack did 1/8 my health. He used it twice more as I 2HKO’ed him with Rock Tomb.
His second Slaking was last, and Feint Attack did a quarter of my health as I used Rock Tomb for a rather weak hit. My next Rock Tomb got him near half. I switched over to Gyarados and got the Intimidate, as his Feint Attack did 1/5 my health. I used Leer two turns straight, and the second he used Swagger but I was prepared for that with a Persim Berry. Bulldoze killed him and won me the fight.

And with that, I got the Balance Badge and TM67 for Retaliate. Then I got HM03 for Surf from Wally’s uncle before going back to Mauville.

Encounters for Feather Badge:
Route 118: Magikarp, traded for Poochyena then a Snivy.
Southern Island: Latias, traded for Dratini
Route 119: Gloom, traded for Starly

Before going eastward, I returned to Littleroot and got the Amulet Coin. Then I went back to Route 118, and got the Good Rod then a Magikarp which was traded for a Poochyena, but I exempted that (even though it had Play Rough) and got a Snivy. Then I met with Steven and went to Southern Island with him, and saved Latias from Team Aqua then it was given to me. And I got the Mega Bracelet. I traded Latias for a Dratini. Cool! Then I made a quick stop on Route 123, getting lots of berries. Up on Route 119, I caught a Gloom, which was traded for a Starly. Alright, not bad. I beat some of the trainers, and made my way to the Weather Institute. As I got to Shelly, her Sharpedo froze Boldore with Ice Fang, but I immediately thawed out and was able to 2HKO her. I got Castform, but it was also obtained on Route 119 so I didn’t trade it.

Then it was time to fight May! But she was no sweat, didn’t have a hard time at all with her. After that I arrived in Fortree City.

Team:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 24
Moves: Aerial Ace, Fury Cutter, Leer, Thief

(F), Level 33
Moves: Bite, Bulldoze, Dragon Rage, Ice Fang

(M), Level 33
Moves: Flame Burst, Incinerate, Overheat, Smokescreen

(M), Level 33
Moves: Iron Defense, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Sand-Attack

(M) "Charpenti", Level 33
Moves: Low Kick, Low Sweep, Mach Punch, Rock Slide

(M) "Datos", Level 33
Moves: Bubble Beam, Mega Drain, Nature Power, Surf

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 1-24
Cause of death: Critical hit Magical Leaf from Ace Trainer Brooke's Roselia while at 28/52 HP.
Old February 24th, 2015 (08:51 AM).
Not a Stizh

Now, before this update, I'm just gonna note I did snag a couple of encounters and already Wonder Traded them. One was another Zigzagoon that I got a Lv. 1 Togepi for, and the other was the typical Rusturf Tunnel Whismur, which I got a Lv. 1 Tyrunt with all the fang moves on it from trading off Whismur. Seedot's been temporarily swapped out because he has no moves and I want to use the Tyrunt

Anyway, time for Omega Ruby Wonderlocke Update #2: The Short Edition because Brawly

• After getting my encounters and wrecking all the trainers on the route, I went ahead and did a bit of grinding to get everyone else slightly caught up to Machollo and Geodude, seeing as they're the aces of the team. Especially Machollo. He puts in work.
  • At Lv. 15, Riolu finally got a Fighting type move that isn't Counter. That's GG right there. He just has to evolve and not die.
  • Went and returned the Devon Parts like a good person
  • Got a crappy BuzzNav as my reward, and now I have to deliver a letter. Fun.
  • Oh, and Brendan loves to stalk me.
  • Anyway, stalking aside, I bodied a couple of trainers on my way back to Mr. Briney to get Tyrunt caught up a bit. He's still not caught up, but at least he won't get destroyed as badly now.
  • Set sail for Dewford!
  • After picking up the Old Rod and Silk Scarf, it's time for some encounters. For Dewford Town, I fished up a Magikarp. I named it Fish Stache
  • After about 6 tries, I fished up another Magikarp on Route 107. This one was named Old Rod.
  • Route 106 only took 2 tries, and naturally, I got another Magikarp...but Zubat killed this one with a crit Bite. Welp, I finally missed an encounter. Oh well. It's still Wonder Trade time...and yes, I'm making that a thing in these updates.
  • First up is Fish Stache, and from him I got...a Fletchling. Wasn't a person on X/Y either. It has Gale Wings, but because my luck sucks, it's Modest. Probably keeping it in the box unless Taillow dies, seeing as both of them have bad natures.
  • Let's see what luck I get with Old Rod. Got an X/Y person this time, and I got...an Ursaring. Power is here. Sucks that it's probably way too overleveled for me to use without it ignoring me. It's Lv. 52, so it's probably gonna see no use unless I need an HM slave.
  • Now with today's Wonder Trades out of the way, let's hit up the gym. Since I have two Flying types, this should be no challenge at all. Endure Metitite is a bit annoying, though. Second guy has a Machollo, but Zubat hardcore walls it and destroys it.
  • Triple Detect is such an insult to my team, especially when two of them fail.
  • Brawly time. He's got a Machop and Makuhita. This should be no problem. His Machop runs the same basic set as the others except it has Bulk Up, but even at +1 Defense, Wing Attack from Zubat was still a 2HKO. Some nice and clean Supersonic action on the Makuhita turn 1 really helped since it hit itself and allowed me to kill it with a single Wing Attack, netting me the Knuckle Badge. Nice and Lv. 30 listening limit. Now I can use Machollo without worry.
Let us note that Geodude and Machollo were not used once in the making of this update.

Team Ruby

Riolu (Riolu) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Force Palm

Zubat (Zubat) Lv. 16 @ Nothing
Moves: Leech Life, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Bite

Machollo (Machop) Lv. 19 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Karate Chop, Revenge, Low Sweep, Seismic Toss

Geodude (Geodude) Lv. 16 @ Nothing
Moves: Rock Throw, Rock Polish, Rollout, Magnitude

Taillow (Taillow) Lv. 15 @ Nothing
Moves: Wing Attack, Growl, Focus Energy, Quick Attack

Tyrunt (Tyrunt) Lv. 13 @ Nothing
Nature: Brave
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Stomp

Old February 24th, 2015 (09:32 AM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke - Update #4

Long post, but nevertheless, here goes.

Spoiler:
Encounters for Feather Badge continued:
Route 120: Gloom, traded for LV50 Gothorita, then a Pidgey

After making my way into Fortree City, I followed Steven over to Route 120, where I caught a Gloom that was traded for a Gothorita, but it was Level 50, so I traded it back for a Pidgey. Alright then. Anyway, I got the Devon Scope from Steven, then headed back to Fortree to take on Winona’s Gym. I avoided all the trainers, and made my way to the Gym Leader!

Swellow was first, and I began with Boldore. I got the Quick Claw, and OHKO’ed her with Rock Tomb.
Altaria was next up, and I switched to Scyther as she used Cotton Guard, just as I figured. I got in a Toxic, and she used Dragon Breath, which scored a critical hit and did 2/5 my health. I stayed in and used Leer, then she went for Dragon Breath again. Afterwards I went to Gyarados and she used Cotton Guard again. I used Dragon Rage, but then she used Roost. Toxic damage brought her just below half, and Dragon Rage came short as she used Roost again. But she didn’t heal, allowing me to finish her with one more Dragon Rage.
Pelipper came next. I used Dragon Rage for just under half as she used Aerial Ace for a weak hit. She decided to be a dick and use Protect, then next turn I hit with Bite and flinched her. But she healed, so I went with Ice Fang for about a third of her health. I used Bite, but she got in Roost after that. She used Protect again, then Ice Fang knocked her to half. I used Bite and almost killed her, then she used Aerial Ace, allowing me to kill her.
Skarmory was last, and I used Ice Fang which scored a critical hit and did over a third of her health, then I took a small hit from Aerial Ace. I went over to Charmeleon, took an Aerial Ace for over a third, then slammed her with Overheat, winning me the fight.

With that, I got the Feather Badge and TM19 for Roost.

Encounters for Mind Badge:
Route 121: Linoone, traded for Plusle
Safari Zone: Gloom, traded for Lillipup then a Growlithe
Lilycove City: Tentacool, traded for Wingull
Route 122: Wingull, traded for Charmander, then an Absol
Mt. Pyre: Wingull, traded for Ralts, then a Wurmple, then a Petilil.
Team Aqua Hideout: Electrode, traded for Lombre, then a Lotad, then a Poochyena, then a Zigzagoon, then a Poochyena.
Route 124: Tentacruel, traded for Litwick
Mossdeep City: Magikarp, traded for Wurmple, then a Grimer.
Route 125: Tentacruel, traded for Wingull, then a Solosis.
Shoal Cave: Golbat, traded for Spoink.
Route 123: Kecleon, traded for Caterpie.

After healing up, I traded with my main Omega Ruby to get Gurdurr and Boldore to evolve into Conkeldurr and Gigalith respectively. I went back to Route 120, and fought more opposition. And I came across more than one situation where my opponents could have killed me but they chose not to. Sigh.

Anyway, on Route 121, I caught a Linoone, which was traded for a Plusle. Okay. After catching Team Aqua in sight, I thankfully found a healing spot. Then after a Double Battle with two students, Charmeleon grew to Level 36 and became a Charizard. At the Safari Zone, I caught a Gloom which was traded for a Lillipup, but that went back for a Growlithe. I continued to fight the trainers present, but I ran into a Gentleman with a Manectric that started toying with Lombre until I was below half after being flinched with Bite, then it used Discharge, which killed me. I had Conkeldurr finish it with Mach Punch.

That ONLY FURTHER FUELS MY HATRED OF ELECTRIKES AND MANECTRICS. But with that, I arrived in Lilycove City. This really left a dilemma, since Lombre was the only thing I had that could use Surf effectively. I slapped Psyduck on my team for the time being and gave it Surf, just so I wouldn’t have to give it to Gyarados.

Afterwards, I was jumped by May, who came out of the Department Store, and I doubted that she had been training her Pokémon, so she challenged me. She used her Swallow, and Gigalith got the Quick Claw AGAIN and slammed her with Rock Slide. Wailord was next, and I switched over to Gyarados to take her Water Spout, which still did less than a quarter of my health. My Bite did a quarter of her health as her Water Spout started to get weaker. I got two flinches in a row with Bite, allowing me to kill her. Blaziken tried to use Quick Attack, but it did a pittance before Aqua Tail slammed her. For Breloom, I switched to Scyther, as she only used Mind Reader. Aerial Ace was an OHKO.

With her out of the way, I decided to something I found necessary. I went back to Slateport City, and grabbed that Voltorb out of my box. Within one horde of Magnemite, I found a Metal Coat, which I immediately gave to Scyther and traded him with Omega Ruby to get her to evolve into Scizor. Then I caught a Tentacool in Lilycove City and traded it for a Wingull, which I immediately put in my party. But I came across a Bird Keeper with a Doduo that used Pursuit, and killed it as I was switching out.

As aggravated as I was, I went to Route 122, where I caught a Wingull, as if the game was trying to taunt me. I traded it for a Charmander, but I had to re-trade and got an Absol. Nice! Then I went through Mt. Pyre, beat as few of the trainers as possible in the interior, and caught a Wingull on the outside which was traded for a Ralts. That had to be sent back, and I got a Wurmple. I exempted that and got a Petilil. I took on Team Aqua at the summit, before Archie took the Blue Orb and I was given the Red Orb.

I chased them back to Slateport City, and watched Stern get interviewed before Team Aqua stole his submarine. I got back to Lilycove City, and entered Team Aqua’s hideout. I fought as few of the grunts as possible, and found an Electrode, which I caught. I then traded it for a Lombre, but that had to be sent back and I got a Lotad (wow) and had to trade that for a Poochyena. I sent that back for a Zigzagoon, but I already had one. I traded that for another Poochyena, so I had to keep it. I beat Matt, then the submarine took off. And I left the hideout and went to Route 124, where I found a Tentacruel. I caught that and after arriving in Mossdeep City, traded it for a Litwick. At Mossdeep, I caught a Magikarp and traded it for a Wurmple. I decided to exempt that and got a Grimer.

Then I reluctantly gave Surf to Gyarados, and decided to give Petilil my last slot. I got a Sun Stone from a Sailor in the Space Center, but before using it, I got some Heart Scales and used one of them to reteach her Sleep Powder, then I evolved her and retaught Quiver Dance. I went back to Mossdeep and up to Route 125, where I caught another Tentacruel and traded it for a Wingull, but that had to go back and I got a Solosis. In the Shoal Cave, I caught a Golbat, which was traded for a Spoink. Afterwards, I fought a couple of Water trainers to get Lilligant up with the rest of the team.

Following that, I went to Route 123 and caught a Kecleon which was traded for a Caterpie. Whatever. I proceeded to beat most of the trainers there, and got a Gyaradosite from a Poochyena in the Fisherman’s house. My team was Level 41/42, and I decided it was time for the Gym. I fought most of the trainers, and my entire team reached Level 42 before I reached the leaders, and Scizor was 43, too. Then it was Gym Leader time!

I went with Lilligant and Gyarados, and OHKO’ed Solrock and Lunatone with Energy Ball and Aqua Tail respectively. With that, I got the Mind Badge and TM04 for Calm Mind, and then the Team Aqua events really started to form over on Route 128. I got HM07 for Dive from Steven, and deposited Scizor for Psyduck so I could have HMs on me.

Encounters for Rain Badge:
Route 126: Tentacool, traded for Ralts, then a Poochyena, then a Duskull.
Seafloor Cavern: Golbat, killed
Cave of Origin: Sableye, traded for Excadrill

I made my way over to Route 126, and caught a Tentacool, which was traded for a Ralts, but that had to be sent back and I got a Poochyena, which also had to go and got me a Duskull. I arrived in Sootopolis City, but didn’t get my encounter yet. I made my way to the Seafloor Cavern, and there I came across a Golbat, but didn’t realize it was my encounter and I killed it. I fought as few of the grunts as possible, and made my way to Archie. It was time for a showdown!

I began with Charizard against Mightyena. I decided to open with Flame Burst, which came just short of killing him, and he used Scary Face. Then he used Taunt, but that was fine as I killed him with Hidden Power.
Muk came afterward, and my Flame Burst did less than half, while his Gunk Shot did just over half and poisoned me. Overheat beat him, though.
Crobat came afterward, and I switched to Gigalith as he used Acrobatics for a pretty weak hit. Same thing next turn, but Stone Edge was an OHKO.
Sharpedo was last, and I switched to Conkeldurr as he Mega Evolved into Mega Sharpedo and used Crunch, which did over a quarter of my health and lowered my Defense. He used Crunch again and did over half my remaining health, but Low Sweep OHKO’ed him.

Then Archie awakened Kyogre despite Maxie and Shelly’s protests, and rain started to wreck Hoenn. Steven told me to go to Sootopolis, which is exactly what I did. I deposited Psyduck and got Scizor back out, and met with Steven and Wallace. They took me to the Cave of Origin, and we met with Maxie, Archie, and Shelly there. And May. Who was shocked and confused on so many levels. I entered the Cave of Origin, and found a Sableye, which I caught and traded for an Excadrill.

I followed the path to Kyogre, until I had to follow it to the final depths of the Cave of Origin. I led with Gigalith, as risky as it may seem. It used Body Slam and paralyzed me, and I missed with Stone Edge, then hit with Origin Pulse and killed me. I went to Lilligant, and it used Aqua Ring as I went for Quiver Dance. Energy Ball almost OHKO’ed, and it missed with Origin Pulse, allowing me to finish it with Giga Drain.

I escaped the Cave of Origin, and things returned to normal. After I was thanked for saving Hoenn, Steven invited me to take on Wallace's Gym, and gave me the Eon Flute. Well, i’ll have to take on Wallace next…but after I get myself a replacement.

Team:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 43
Moves: Aerial Ace, Swords Dance, Thief, X-Scissor

(F), Level 43
Moves: Aqua Tail, Crunch, Ice Fang, Surf

(M), Level 44
Moves: Flame Burst, Fly, Hidden Power, Overheat

(M), Level 43
Moves: Low Kick, Low Sweep, Mach Punch, Rock Slide

(F), Level 44
Nature: Lax
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 1-24

(M), Level 3-35
Cause of death: Discharge from Gentleman Walter’s Manectric while at 43/92 or so HP.

(F), Level 14-18
Cause of death: OHKO’ed by Pursuit from Bird Keeper Phil’s Doduo while switching out.

(M), Level 1-44
Cause of death: Origin Pulse from Primal Kyogre while at 118/131 HP.
Old March 13th, 2015 (10:00 AM). Edited March 13th, 2015 by Alli.
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

The biggest non-fan of Lockes...signing up for a Locke?! That is happening. I need something to freshen up XY for me and I have been on a dry spell with Pokemon lately. I want to play Pokemon, but I just haven't felt compelled to and hopefully this will help. My boyfriend has already done more challenges than me!! That's not okay!

Name: Alli
Game: Y
Wedlocke: No
Optional Rules: Soul Bond

Moving some stuff from my Y to Bank currently and then I'll be starting my journey. I'll edit to update soon.

Edit: Having a rough start. I keep getting things past my level. Finally settled for a lv. 12 Poochyena and a lv. 5 Shroomish, both German. I traded Froakie and Pidgey. I got quite a few I had to cycle out like Trapinch, Gible, Audino, and Lombre. They were all just way over what I needed. I even think keeping this level 12 Poochyena is a biiiit of a stretch, but it'll do, plus the Shroomish needs someone that can help it survive. lol Also, the one time I get a female starter and I have to Wonder Trade it away. :'( Hope you're somewhere nice, Wander.

happily received
Old March 13th, 2015 (10:46 AM). Edited March 13th, 2015 by Pendraflare.
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Very interesting! I'd better see to it that you finish this

Anyway, think i'll finally post the last part of mine.

Alpha Sapphire Wonderlocke - Update #5 - Final Update

Spoiler:
Encounters for Rain Badge continued:
Scorched Slab: Golbat, traded for Luvdisc, then an Oddish

After Primal Kyogre killed my Gigalith, I decided not to place anyone in the last slot just yet. Before going about that, I got more Heart Scales, and used some to reteach Air Slash and Bullet Punch to Charizard and Scizor respectively. Then I got the National Pokédex from Professor Birch.

I went over to the Scorched Slab, where I caught a Golbat and got the Charizardite Y. I traded the Golbat for a Luvdisc, but decided to exempt it and got an Oddish. After getting a few items, I went to the Sootopolis Gym. I beat all the trainers, made it through the puzzle without much difficulty, and reached the Gym Leader. Here we go!

I started with Gyarados against Luvdisc. He used Draining Kiss for laughable damage before I used Bulldoze and did over three quarters of his health without a crit. He healed, and I used Bulldoze again for a 2HKO.
Milotic was next up. Yikes! I started with Bulldoze again just to cut its Speed, and it looked to do around a quarter of its health, while Ice Beam did less than a quarter of mine. I switched to Conkeldurr as he used Recover. I used Low Sweep, which did just under half, as his Hydro Pump did ONE point below half of mine. Hammer Arm finished him.
Whiscash was next in line. I switched to Lilligant as he used Mud Sport. Giga Drain OHKO’ed him.
Energy Ball OHKO’ed his last two, Sealeo and Seaking, for the win.

And with that, I got the Rain Badge and HM05 for Waterfall. I immediately gave that to Gyarados.

Encounters for Pokémon League:
Route 128: Tentacool, traded for Squirtle
Route 127: Tentacool, traded for Nincada, then a Fennekin.
Ever Grande City: Magikarp, traded for Espurr
Victory Road: Golbat, traded for Torchic, then a Ralts, then a Farfetch'd.
Soaring in the sky: Drifloon, traded for Meditite

I got my encounters on Route 128 and 127, two Tentacool which were traded for a Squirtle (which had 5 IVs and some Egg moves, cool) and a Fennekin (after exempting a Nincada) respectively. Then I arrived in Ever Grande City, where I caught a Magikarp that I traded for an Espurr. After that it was time for Victory Road! There, I found a Golbat, which I traded for a Torchic, but that had to be sent back and got me a Ralts, which was sent back for a Farfetch'd. Gah. Anyway, the very first trainer had a Rhyperior that almost killed half my team. And once I realized I was best off with Flash and Psyduck could learn it, I went back to get rid of Dive for it. On the way back, I came across a Drifloon while soaring, and traded it for a Meditite.

Getting back to Victory Road, other than that first trainer there was nothing hard, except for a Dragon Tamer’s Kingdra that scored a critical hit and knocked Lilligant low. We made it to the end of the cave, and it was time to take on Wally. He talked for a bit, and then challenged me! Yikes!

I began with Scizor against Altaria. I used Swords Dance as he went for Cotton Guard. Next turn he used Aerial Ace for a very weak hit, afterwards he used Safeguard. X-Scissor did more than half as he then used Dragon Pulse, and I still had a tiny bit under three quarters of my health left, then killed him.
Magneton was next. Night Slash knocked him to Sturdy, and he used Tri Attack for whatever reason, leaving me with over half. Bullet Punch killed him.
Delcatty came after. Bullet Punch was an OHKO. Snore.
Roselia was also OHKO’ed.
Then came Gallade. Bullet Punch OHKO’ed that, also.

So he talked for a bit more and gave me a Dawn Stone. Cool, I guess. Turns out I was all worried for nothing. Anyway, I got to the Pokémon League, and after giving it a bit of thought between Duskull and Zorua for my last team member, I decided on Duskull. I trained it up by rematching some trainers, and Lilligant almost died to Pokémon Ranger Jackson’s Slaking with Flail after he lived my attack with 1 HP, but he was burned so that saved me. Anyway, Duskull did evolve into a Dusclops. I couldn't evolve it since the Reaper Cloth isn't until after the Delta Episode, but I could use the Eviolite to make him even bulkier. I trained my entire team to Level 55, and entered the Pokémon League.

Sidney was first up. I began with Gyarados against his Mightyena, allowing us both to get off Intimidate. I began with an Earthquake, which still did just over half, before he used Swagger. But I switched out for Conkeldurr, and he failed with Sucker Punch. Then a Mach Punch and he was dead.
Shiftry came afterward, and I switched to Charizard just in case he had Hurricane, but he instead used Fake Out. Air Slash was an OHKO.
Sharpedo came next. I switched to Lilligant, and he used Aqua Jet. Giga Drain was an OHKO.
Absol came after that. I switched to Scizor and took an Aerial Ace, then X-Scissor slammed him.
Cacturne was also OHKO’ed by X-Scissor.

Then it was time for Phoebe. I made a few minor swaps and entered her room.

I started with my own Dusclops against her first mirror-match. I used Shadow Punch and did over half, but she used Confuse Ray. Not wanting to risk Will-o-Wisp, I switched to Lilligant, as she used Shadow Punch for a weak hit. Giga Drain killed her.
Dusknoir came straight afterwards. Ho boy! I went to Conkeldurr to stall for time as she used Ice Punch, which did a bit over 1/8 my health. Rock Slide did over a quarter of her health, while Hex did a bit more than Ice Punch did to me. Same thing next turn. I switched back to Dusclops, as she used Hex for 1/5 my health. But she was faster and got off another hit before my Shadow Punch killed her.
Sableye came after that. I switched to Scizor, and she used Foul Play for one point under half my health! Yikes! I switched to Charizard, and she used Foul Play again, which did a bit less but still a good chunk. Overheat was an OHKO, though. Whew!
Her first Banette came, and I went to Gyarados. Shadow Ball didn’t do much at all, and Crunch was an OHKO even without Mega Evolution.
Her second Banette was also OHKO’ed.

After that came Glacia, who I was ready for even if I was concerned.

I began with Scizor against her first Glalie. I was somehow faster, and OHKO’ed with Iron Head, which scored a critical hit that I did NOT need.
Walrein was next up. I went to Conkeldurr as she used Surf for over a third of my health. I barely lived her Blizzard, but Hammer Arm was an OHKO.
Her first Froslass was next. I switched to Dusclops as she used Blizzard, which actually did not even 1/5 of my health (Eviolite ftw). But she used Confuse Ray, although I hit through it with Shadow Punch. Sadly she barely lived. She didn’t heal, so I killed her with Shadow Sneak. Nice!
Then was her second Froslass. She used Shadow Ball, which did over a quarter of my health, and I hit myself and had half my health left. I switched to Scizor as she did around a quarter of my health again, but Bullet Punch was an OHKO.
Glalie was last, and I switched over to Charizard as she used Freeze-Dry for a weak hit. She tried to be a jerk with Protect, but I OHKO’ed her with Flamethrower.

Now we come to Drake, who had me very worried because I only had two Pokémon that would really stand out against him. But here we go anyway!

I began with Gyarados against his Altaria. Ice Fang slammed him in one.
Then he went straight to his ace, Salamence. Uh-oh! I couldn’t stay in, because I knew he had Thunder Fang. I switched over to Scizor as he used Thunder Fang, sure enough. He went for Crunch and did a quarter of my health, as Iron Head almost killed him. I switched over to Dusclops as he healed, and he used Crunch, which did less than 1/3 my health although Ice Punch failed to kill him. He healed again, and Ice Punch again came short. He used Crunch once more, and Shadow Punch finished the job.
His first Flygon was next in line. He used Supersonic, but I still hit through it and slammed him with Ice Punch.
Kingdra came up after that, and I went to Lilligant. His Surf scored a critical hit and did half, so I went for Giga Drain to do just over half to him. Ice Beam left me with 16 HP (!!) but another Giga Drain killed him.
His second Flygon was last, and I went back to Gyarados. He used Flamethrower for a pretty weak hit, then I was somehow faster and killed him with Ice Fang.

After all of that, it was time for the Champion, Steven. I adjusted my items and moves one last time and decided to forego the Mega Evolution and instead take an approach I felt would be less typical. And then it was time for the epic showdown!

I started with Gyarados against Skarmory. I used Taunt, which caused him to be unable to use Toxic. I switched to Charizard and took around 1/6 my health after Intimidate, and Flamethrower got him to Sturdy before a critical hit took me a tad below half. He healed, but that was good because he was wasting his Full Restore. I 2HKO’ed him.
Aggron was next up, and I switched to Conkeldurr and took 1/6 from Stone Edge. Iron Tail got me a bit near half and Low Sweep knocked him to Sturdy. He didn’t heal, and another Low Sweep killed him.
Then was Claydol. As I switched to Lilligant, he used Reflect, but I hit with Sleep Powder. Energy Ball was an OHKO.
We had Cradily afterward, and Energy Ball did less than half but got the Special Defense drop, but that was cut short thanks to Confuse Ray. I had to switch to Scizor, who caused his Sludge Bomb to fail. X-Scissor finished him.
Armaldo was his second to last one, and I used Iron Defense to pre-empt Metagross, as his X-Scissor did awful. I got in Bullet Punch for literally just over half, and after another Iron Defense he scored a critical hit and forced me to use Roost before killing him with another Bullet Punch.
Last was of course, Mega Metagross. He missed with Giga Impact first turn, and X-Scissor did around 1/3. He hit next turn, but even with the recharge I couldn’t quite kill it. I switched to Dusclops before he healed, and his Meteor Mash did around 3/8 my health before I got in Trick Room. However, I missed with Will-o-Wisp and was left with a quarter of my health remaining after another Meteor Mash. I went to Gyarados and got the Intimidate (no Clear Body for you!) and easily took another Meteor Mash. Earthquake did over half, and I survived a Zen Headbutt with ease then killed him.

Then, after I was inducted into the Hall of Fame and watched the credits, May challenged me to one final battle.

Swellow was first, and I started with Gyarados and got the Intimidate. Her Aerial Ace did weak while Waterfall OHKO’ed.
For Raichu, I went to Lilligant and took a Thunder Wave, then she used Light Screen and I was fully paralyzed. She did some damage, but I got the 2HKO.
Wailord came afterward. Heavy Slam did a quarter of my health, then Energy Ball OHKO’ed despite Light Screen, which then wore off.
Breloom came after, and I went to Dusclops to eat her Force Palm. Her Seed Bomb did pathetic while my Shadow Punch did just over half. She used it again before I got in Trick Room. Then I killed her.
Blaziken was last. I switched to Gyarados and got the Intimidate as she Mega Evolved into Mega Blaziken, and her Shadow Claw did a quarter of my health. Her Speed Boost kicked in, and that allowed me to go first and slam her with Waterfall for the win.

So after more talking, the adventure ended.

And I did do the Delta Episode, which went alright, but unfortunately Gyarados died against Zinnia’s Mega Salamence. She was hit with Crunch when switching in and even after -1 she was still beat from less than 2/3 with Thunder Fang after my Ice Fang came short. But then Scizor finished her off with a Bullet Punch. And it beat Deoxys without any problems.

So that's my first completed Wonderlocke, which is nice. I'll definitely do another one with Wedlocke rules in due time, i'm sure.

The final team:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 61 (Level 59 upon defeating the Champion)
Moves: Bullet Punch, Iron Defense, Roost, X-Scissor

(M), Level 61 (Level 57 upon defeating the Champion)
Moves: Fly, Focus Blast, Overheat, Will-o-Wisp (I think; don't remember what I had since it's been over two weeks since I actually finished this.)

(M), Level 61 (Level 57 upon defeating the Champion)
Moves: Hammer Arm, Low Sweep, Mach Punch, Stone Edge

(F), Level 61 (Level 57 upon defeating the Champion)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Moves: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder

(M), Level 60 (Level 59 upon defeating the Champion)
Moves: Confuse Ray, Ice Punch, Trick Room, Will-o-Wisp (I may have had Shadow Punch in there somewhere, I don't remember; I know I had it when I beat the Champion though)

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F), Level 1-24

(M), Level 3-35
Cause of death: Discharge from Gentleman Walter’s Manectric while at 43/92 or so HP.

(F), Level 14-18
Cause of death: OHKO’ed by Pursuit from Bird Keeper Phil’s Doduo while switching out.

(M), Level 1-44
Cause of death: Origin Pulse from Primal Kyogre while at 118/131 HP.

(F), Level 1-61 (Level 57 upon beating the Champion)
Cause of death: Thunder Fang from Lorekeeper Zinnia’s Mega Salamence (at -1) while at 134/215 HP.

Final playing time: 22:53 after defeating the Champion - That was a little less than I had when I defeated the Champion in Omega Ruby first time, which is slightly surprising. And I had 24:42 after the Delta Episode, too.
Old March 13th, 2015 (12:41 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

I'll make a prettier update when I'm on my own laptop. This one is so slow, it'd take half an hour to get all the images I'd like to have.

Player: Alli
Badges: 1

lv. 15
[ Confusion, Infestation, Gust, Harden ]

lv. 14
[ Thunder Fang, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite ]

lv. 14
[ Leech Seed, Wake-Up Slap, Tackle, Stun Spore ]

In PC: Zangoose, Magmortar

RIP: None

SO FUN STORY. Not even one badge in, I managed to get a lv. 100 shiny Magmortar off Wonder Trade. I muk you not. I'm not gonna use it obviously, but I sure as hell ain't wonder trading that away either. lol Clearly, this is the best challenge ever. Already got rewarded. ;) Anyway, I soloed the gym with Dustox, but considering it's, you know, a Dustox, I'm probably going to just box him soon and replace him with Zangoose or something else I manager to get off Wonder Trade. He did his job though, and I appreciate him for that, but he must go.

Question: I can keep gifts right? Just wondering. Cause Charmander...is cute and...you know. Kinda wanna use him. But if not, that's fine. He might come to me through WT. He's popular.

happily received
Old March 13th, 2015 (04:28 PM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Yeah, I saw on Twitter about that shiny Magmortar you got. Anyway, this is one of those interesting situations that I didn't bring up. Well, when Marriland did his WonderWedlocke back last year, he had the Legendary Jackpot clause, where if he got a legendary he had to Wonder Trade it away immediately but could get a bonus catch then trade for any area he had previously got something in. You could kinda impose that rule for very high level shiny Pokémon, too, as in you could catch something else on the route that you got the Magmortar for your trade from. I'm gonna add that to the OP right now.

Also, in the rules I mentioned (I C/P'd these rules from Marriland's New Way to Play article on his site), there's the Soul Bond clause, which allows you to keep gift Pokémon for yourself. So yeah, the Kanto starter you get, all yours if that's what you want.
Old March 13th, 2015 (07:07 PM).
Just Another Slow Thursday

Hey, this looks interesting! Here's my sign up:

Name: Thursday
Wedlocke?: Sure!
Any optional rules?: Dupe Clause, Legendary Jackpot Clause.

I was originally going to have the 10+/- level rule but I decided to remove it so I can make the game more difficult. I'm also going to have the fighting as shift since I'm pretty sure I'll lose the fight within the first 2-3 badges.

I don't know if this is a rule for wonderwedlocke but I'm going to keep wonder trading my Pokemon away until I get a Pokemon of the appropriate gender. Ex. I have 2 Males/1 Female. I wonder trade another male so I'll wonder trade it back until I get a female.

Image Source: http://pandabandanna.tumblr.com/
Old March 15th, 2015 (01:10 PM). Edited March 15th, 2015 by seeker.
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Name: Abnegation
Game: Pokémon Y
Wedlocke?: Sticking with the old fashioned for now
Any optional rules?: Legendary Jackpot Clause

Okay I started this already actually. My WT's were going a bit weird for me, kept getting level ones after I beat the first gym so I traded them away (sticking with the option to trade away Pokémon if they're 10 levels away from yours). However on my third Pokémon I got a level 70 shiny Lugia. So I stuck it in my box, caught another Pokémon on the route and traded away instead, is that permitted? As it stands though my progress is as follows:

Player: Gav
In PC: Lugia

Eevee
Lv 10
[ Baby-Doll Eyes, Refresh, Swift, Charm ]

Lighttheway
Lv 9
[ Bubble, Supersonic, Thunder Wave, Flail ]

Fennekin
Lv 13
[ Scratch, Ember, Howl, Tail Whip ]

Swablu
Lv 8
[ Peck, Roost, Astonish, Sing ]

Aron
Lv 13
[ Harden, Mud-Slap, Headbutt, Metal Claw ]

Interestingly I chose Fennekin in the beginning, only to get one back a few routes later. Pretty happy about Chinchou, mostly. I do love Lanturn. Excited to have Swablu too, and as of yet, still trying to decide what to do with Eevee if I keep it! Hopefully I've done this right, first proper attempt at a challenge!
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/bHlfm47.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 245px; width: 600px; font-family: 'Dosis', 'Josefin Slab', 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 200; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #282828; padding-top: 66px; padding-left:43px; text-align: left; line-height: 15px;">
<div style="font-size: 22px;">seeker</div>
<i class="fa fa-heart-o"></i> paired to <a href="http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=67003"><span class="usergroup-mod">adventure</span></a>
<i class="fa fa-code"></i> <div class="usergroup-admin">staff administrator</div>
on a leave of absence</div>
Old March 15th, 2015 (01:30 PM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Oooooh, we have an admin here! Interesting.

Anyway, if you're not implementing Legendary Jackpot Clause (see the OP for that), you could keep the legendary and get an extra catch for it. If I were doing it I wouldn't keep it unless it was shiny, but really it's your call as to what you want to do with any legendaries or shiny Pokémon you may get.
Old March 15th, 2015 (01:36 PM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Pendraflare:
Oooooh, we have an admin here! Interesting.

Anyway, if you're not implementing Legendary Jackpot Clause (see the OP for that), you could keep the legendary and get an extra catch for it. If I were doing it I wouldn't keep it unless it was shiny, but really it's your call as to what you want to do with any legendaries or shiny Pokémon you may get.
Yeah I decided to just keep it since it's shiny and caught/traded something new. I'm gonna use the Legendary Jackpot Clause for anything non-shiny so I'll edit that into my initial post.
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/bHlfm47.gif'); background-repeat: no-repeat; height: 245px; width: 600px; font-family: 'Dosis', 'Josefin Slab', 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-weight: 200; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing: 1px; color: #282828; padding-top: 66px; padding-left:43px; text-align: left; line-height: 15px;">
<i class="fa fa-heart-o"></i> paired to <a href="http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=67003"><span class="usergroup-mod">adventure</span></a>
<i class="fa fa-code"></i> <div class="usergroup-admin">staff administrator</div>
Old March 15th, 2015 (04:03 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

You can thank me for getting Gav to play. ;)

Alli | Pokemon Y

Graham lv. 25
[ Protect, Stealth Rock, Bite, Rock Tomb ]

Cinnamon lv. 25
[ Shadow Claw, Dragon Rage, Ember, Return ]

Licorice lv. 27
[ Thunder Fang, Return, Bite, Sand-Attack ]

Popcorn lv. 28
[ Return, Shadow Claw, Sand-Attack, Strength ]

Crumbs lv. 28 @ Rocky Helmet
[ Rollout, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw, Magnitude ]

Portabella lv. 29
[ Force Palm, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch ]

So I decided to nickname my Pokemon since they don't have an in-game one. I really wish GameFreak would let us nickname traded Pokemon, but I digress. I made the long journey to Cyllage Town so that I could finally make this update. I didn't manage to get anything too impressive off Wonder Trade, or so I thought. Sandshrew was a massive help and has earned a spot on the team for the time being. Linoone is a personal favorite so I think I'm one of the few people to ever be excited about getting a Zigzagoon off of Wonder Trade. I think that's all in terms of new WT Pokemon. Charmeleon and Tyrunt were obviously gifts and the only ones with real nicknames. Anyway, I had no trouble making my way to Cyllage and defeating the gym leader. I did make a pretty cool friend on the way there, though.

Schpangly lv. 13
[ Minimize, Astonish, Gust, Focus Energy ]

Yeah. That happened. lol It's always when I least expect it, too. I meant to ask you, Pendraflame, about shinies but I thought "eh, it's not like I'll find one so I won't bother" and LOW AND BEHOLD A SPARKLE IN THE WILD. A shiny I don't have, at that. lol He gets to sit alongside the shiny Magmortar that I cannot use. :P Anyway, I'm off to the next destination.

Boxed:

RIP:
None

happily received
Old March 15th, 2015 (04:45 PM).
Spin it again.
Crystal Tier

Ah, that too... I guess you can use shiny Pokémon on your team if that's what you want to do. But if they were your first encounter, you could get another encounter on the route you caught it on. If they weren't, then that doesn't apply; you can still use it if you so desire. Guess this is my fault for not making the OP clear...
Old March 15th, 2015 (04:50 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

That's fine, haha. Sometimes you just have to take things as you go. :) I probably won't use the Drifloon though. I don't really want to evolve him and for a Locke challenge, that would be the better option and I'm not really willing to let him become a blimp. Balloon he stays. <3

happily received
Old March 15th, 2015 (05:40 PM).
ShootThePuck

Nature: Sassy
Might as well do this. Pretty burnt out on Hoenn, didn't even finish my original ORAS run. Think this will spruce things up.

Name: stp
Game: Omega Ruby
Any optional rules?: Dupes Clause, Legendary Jackpot Clause

you don't have enough talent to win on talent alone
Old March 16th, 2015 (12:39 PM). Edited March 17th, 2015 by seeker.
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Player: Gav
In PC: Lugia, Voltorb, Magikarp, Squirtle, Marril, Fletchling

Espeon
Lv 28
[ Bite, Future Sight, Take Down, Quick Attack ]

Lighttheway
Lv 27
[ Bubble, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball ]

Braixen
Lv 31
[ Psybeam, Ember, Flame Charge, Light Screen ]

Swablu
Lv 29
[ Peck, Roost, Take Down, Sing ]

Aron
Lv 27
[ Iron Defence, Mud-Slap, Take Down, Iron Head ]

Breloom
Lv 31
[ Mach Punch, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed, Stun Spore ]

Just got my second badge now, nothing major has happened except that I added Breloom to my team. I will probably take out Espeon if I get any better offers on WT though. Swablu has been a paaaain to train but I think it'll be worth it once I get to Altaria. I might be a bit over-levelled though, but I'm trying to avoid RIP's x]
Old March 16th, 2015 (08:50 PM). Edited March 16th, 2015 by Alli.
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Alli | Pokemon Y

Graham lv. 33 @ Hard Stone
[ Dragon Tail, Stealth Rock, Bite, Rock Tomb ]

Licorice lv. 33
[ Thunder Fang, Return, Bite, Sand-Attack ]

Popcorn lv. 33 @ Rocky Helmet
[ Return, Shadow Claw, Thunder Wave, Strength ]

Crumbs lv. 34 @ Soft Sand
[ Dig, Crush Claw, Shadow Claw, Magnitude ]

Portabella lv. 35
[ Sky Uppercut, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch ]

Blueberry lv. 32
[ Power-Up Punch, Bone Rush, Swords Dance, Metal Sound ]

RIP Cinnamon lv. 10 - 29, cause of death: Wobbuffet's Mirror Coat
RIP Sriracha lv. 1 - 31, cause of death: Machoke's Rock Tomb (wasn't expecting it to know that)

I don't even wanna talk about it. lol

Boxed:

RIP:

happily received
Old March 17th, 2015 (06:04 PM).
Not a Stizh

Just a quick little update. I got one encounter and got a Wurmple off of Wonder Trade, and destroyed Wattson's life.

Team Ruby

Riolu (Riolu) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Moves: Feint, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Force Palm

Zubat (Zubat) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Moves: Air Cutter, Confuse Ray, Wing Attack, Bite

Machollo (Machop) Lv. 21 @ Quick Claw
Moves: Karate Chop, Revenge, Low Sweep, Knock Off

Graveler (Graveler) Lv. 25 @ Soft Sand
Moves: Rock Throw, Bulldoze, Smack Down, Magnitude

Taillow (Taillow) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Moves: Aerial Ace, Growl, Double Team, Quick Attack

Tyrunt (Tyrunt) Lv. 21 @ Nothing
Nature: Brave
Ability: Strong Jaw
Moves: Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Stomp

Old March 17th, 2015 (06:55 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Alli | Pokemon Y

Graham lv. 37 @ Hard Stone
[ Dragon Claw, Stealth Rock, Bite, Rock Tomb ]

Popcorn lv. 40 @ Rocky Helmet
[ Return, Shadow Claw, Thunder Wave, Strength ]

Portabella lv. 39
[ Sky Uppercut, Leech Seed, Mega Drain, Mach Punch ]

Blueberry lv. 38
[ Power-Up Punch, Shadow Claw, Swords Dance, Metal Sound ]

Churro Espresso lv. 22 @ Soothe Bell
[ Yawn, Bite, Quick Attack, Swift ]

RIP Crumbs lv. 15 - 38, cause of death: me not paying attention to Heracross

I hate my life, but I am happy to have my favorite Pokemon with me now. It's bittersweet. Two of my favorite people helped name him though, so that's nice. Will probably add Feebas or Gyarados to the team. BLEH.

Boxed:

RIP:

happily received
Old March 17th, 2015 (07:48 PM).
adventure seeker
Platinum Tier

Gav | Pokémon Y | Coumarine City

Espeon
Lv 41
[ Bite, Psychic, Take Down, Quick Attack ]

Lighttheway ♂ @ Leftovers
Lv 42
[ Surf, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave, Electro Ball ]

Delphox
Lv 46
[ Psyshock, Flamethrower, Flame Charge, Light Screen ]

Altaria
Lv 44
[ Peck, Roost, Dragonbreath, Sing ]

Blackberry ♂ @ Lucarionite
Lv 36
[ Power-Up Punch, Swords Dance, Metal Sound, Bone Rush ]

Breloom ♀ @ Rocky Helmet
Lv 42
[ Mach Punch, Leech Seed, Bullet Seed, Stun Spore ]

In PC:

RIP:

And so, I received my first RIP in Reflection Cave. I had just evolved my Aron, only to have it slaughtered by a Solosis' Hidden Power which also had a critical hit. Very unlucky. I was looking forward to using Aggron too. So that left a big gap in my team. I eventually opted to use the gift Lucario instead of trading it but... it has a Bashful nature and I kind of want to change it out later. We'll see what Wonders come through as I progress. I'm a tad over-leveled but that's not too much of a bad thing. I had all my Pokémon except for Lucario above level 40 going for my fourth badge, which became a problem because they refused obey me at times...but hey, made it out without too much causality. That said farewell fallen hero...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links