Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page The Anime Style Challenge!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 17th, 2014 (10:46 AM). Edited November 10th, 2014 by Pendraflare.
It's all fun and games 'till somebody loses their mind.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
This idea was presented by a user on the Marriland forums who goes by the name of red_009, who had been re-watching Season 1 of the anime and wanted to try to play the game in that style. Here's a link to the thread that the concept came from. So looks like i’ll carry that idea over here, since people like the concept.

Now for the rules! They’re a bit modified from the thread shown above, but nevertheless, here:

Spoiler:

1. Bro for Life: The first Pokémon you obtain after your starter, or your starter itself, will be your “Bro for Life”. (Think Pikachu, or Iris’ Axew.)
  • You may wait a couple routes before catching something, or you can even import an egg to be your BFL, but you must obtain it before the first Gym and cannot catch anything before you get it.
  • Once you get your BFL, your starter can no longer be used against any trainers, unless your starter is your BFL. HOWEVER, you may use your starter to train up your BFL against wild Pokémon after getting it.
  • Your Bro for Life cannot evolve, and must travel with you at all times.

2. You can only catch one Pokémon per area (but it does not have to be your first encounter). It is recommended (not mandatory, but recommended) that you have 10 (14 upon reaching Kanto if playing a Johto game) or fewer Pokémon at all times.
  • It is up to you as to how you want to handle any Safari Zone, as well as places that have multiple areas (i.e. Pinwheel Forest in BW, Reversal Mountain in BW2, Route 8 in XY).

3. Evolution:
  • Each possible evolution has a 5/12 chance of happening.
  • Whether or not an evolution happens is determined by a random number generator. If you catch a Vulpix and the evolution fails to go through, too bad. You have a Vulpix forever.
  • If you have something that can evolve twice (like Charmander), and the first evolution fails, you may try it one more time (but you cannot attempt to go for a Charizard). That rule is in place to keep the 5/12 number intact.
  • Pokémon immune to this rule: Magikarp, baby Pokémon, early game Bug-type lines (i.e. Caterpie, Wurmple, Scatterbug). However, for baby Pokémon like Budew and Azurill, after they evolve, then you RNG for their chance of evolution.

4. Departure:
  • For each new numbered route you enter after the first Gym, there is a 3/16 chance that one of your team members will leave, again determined by random number generator.
  • If that happens, you must select a member in your current team to release or permanently box, not counting your Bro for Life.

5. No healing items in battle. This is to go along with the anime, which doesn't use them at all. (Although the OP used this rule because he "was a glutton for punishment".)

6. All Pokémon can only learn one TM move for the entirety of the game. The exception is that if the Pokémon has evolved twice while owned by you, you may teach it 3 TM moves.
  • HM moves do not count towards this limit, nor do TM moves learned by level.
  • As for Move Tutor moves in Platinum or Black 2/White 2, it may learn one of those as well.
  • So, for example, say you're playing Black 2/White 2 and are using a Frillish. You could give it Blizzard (TM), Giga Drain (move tutor), Surf (HM) and Ominous Wind.
  • Additionally, if you import in an egg to be your Bro for Life, you may give it one egg move.

7. Consecutive moves:
  • You must use three different moves on each Pokémon’s first three turns in a battle. If you are early in the game and your first Pokémon only has two moves, it is excluded from this limit.
  • You can never use a move three times in a row.
  • (So you’d have to do something like ABCCBCCBCCB and so on.)

8. Gym Battles:
  • You must begin a Gym battle with the same number of Pokémon as the Gym Leader. You may deposit your Bro for Life before a Gym battle if you do not wish to use it in said battle.
  • It is up to you how you want to deal with the Elite Four (since the Champion always has six Pokémon).

Optional:
9. No held items, except for those that affect experience/EVs.
  • To make that more specific, the following items are allowed whether you use this rule or not: Amulet Coin, Macho Brace, Power items (Bracer, Anklet, etc), Exp. Share, Lucky Egg.
  • Since Gym Leaders/Elite Four in most games give their aces berries, you may give one of your Pokémon a Berry when facing them.

However, as a mercy rule for XY players, the Exp. Share and Pokémon-Amie will be allowed. The former to help during training (and just because), and the latter because Amie emulates what the anime does between Pokémon and trainer bonds including dodging attacks and hanging on.

When is my challenge complete?
Spoiler:
Red, Blue, Yellow, Fire Red and Leaf Green - Defeat the Elite Four and your rival at the Pokémon League.
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Defeat Blue and get all 16 badges. OPTIONAL: Defeat Red at Mt. Silver.
Ruby and Sapphire - Defeat the Elite Four and Steven at the Pokémon League.
Emerald - Defeat the Elite Four and Wallace at the Pokémon League. OPTIONAL: Defeat Steven at Meteor Falls.
Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Defeat the Elite Four and Cynthia at the Pokémon League.
Black and White - Defeat N and Ghetsis at N's Castle. OPTIONAL: Rematch Elite Four and Alder at the Pokémon League.
Black 2 and White 2 - Defeat the Elite Four and Iris at the Pokémon League.
X and Y - Defeat the Elite Four and Diantha at the Pokémon League. And AZ.

Here is the application form:
Name:
Game:
No held items rule?:

Here's my signup:
Name: Stargazer
Game: Y
No held items rule?: Sure, why not.

Challengers:

Spoiler:
Pendraflare - Y
Orrefan8888 - X
AoTora - Fire Red (randomizer)
molivious - Black
GoldfishHorde - Black 2
BoqinHeng - White 2
Ramsie - Y
jdthebud - Crystal
ThatChickWithNoLife - Soul Silver
xHeracross - Leaf Green
The Masked One - Fire Red

Champions:

Spoiler:
Someday - Ruby

And that's how i'll have this work. I may have to revise this later, but this is what I constructed and revised in the time I have at the moment. Enjoy!
Old July 17th, 2014 (11:20 AM).

Excited to try this after seeing it over on Marilland, so I'll sign up:

Name: Orrefan8888
Game: Pokemon X
No held items rule?: Sure, since the anime never used 'em.

Also, I'm not going to use any Gifted Pokemon, and I'm thinking Phione for my Bro for Life.

Ongoing Challenges: (Currently on hiatus from all challenges)
  • Random (Pokemon Black 2)
  • Ultimate Blue Monocolor (Blue, SoulSilver, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, and Y)
  • Nuzlocke - Wild PKMN Randomized (SoulSilver)
  • The Ones That Got Away (Pokemon LeafGreen)
  • Ultimate Pidgeot Solo (Yellow, some other games TBD)
  • TF2 Challenge - Soldier

Completed Challenges:
  • Samurott Solo (PKMN White)
  • The GT11 Pokemon Challenge!
Old July 17th, 2014 (11:27 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Rule 2:Did you mea nraise from 10 to 14?
Rule 3:What generator should i use to decide?

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 17th, 2014 (01:00 PM). Edited July 19th, 2014 by AoTora.

Nature: Calm
Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed with randomized wild pokemon just to make it more fun (Don't worry I will only be catching un-evolved pokemon - no legendaries or fully evolved pokemon)
No held items rule?: Sure~ The only held items will be everstones just becaue I hate smashing x whenever my pokemon wants to evolve and I am not allowed to evolve it ~

Also about the number generator.. Do you pick between one and two - one being for not evolving or two for evolving? I am sorta confused on that part..

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old July 17th, 2014 (02:20 PM).
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
glad i still have my 12-sided and 16-sided dice back from my MTG days for this.

Name: molivious
Game: Black
No Items? sure, cause i'm a bro

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old July 17th, 2014 (05:23 PM). Edited July 19th, 2014 by BoqinHeng.

very interesting challenge, i like it!
Name: BoqinHeng
Game: White 2
No held items rule?: N need for items!!!

my BFL will be Lillipup
Old July 17th, 2014 (05:58 PM).
Crystal Tier

Wow, we have quite a nice splash already! Anyway, to answer the questions, if you get 1-5 for the evolution then yeah the evolution does not happen, and for departure if you get 1-3 then you leave something behind. And JayTheKing, I suggested raising the "limit" when you get to Kanto just so you have more to use for the longer journey.

Also, regarding the no held items rule, I mention that you can still attach berries during Gym Leader/Elite Four fights to one of your Pokémon.
Old July 17th, 2014 (06:19 PM).
so much fail...

Quote originally posted by Stargazer:
And JayTheKing, I suggested raising the "limit" when you get to Kanto just so you have more to use for the longer journey.
I'm pretty sure he meant that, in the first post, it is written (in reverse) as:
Quote:
For Johto games, when you enter Kanto, I would raise that "limit" from 14 to 10, just for easier convenience.
...and you may want to correct that.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old July 18th, 2014 (09:08 AM).
Current Challenge: Fire Mono

Nature: Timid
Name: Ramsie
Game: Y
No held items rule?: Nah, because I plan to have my BFL hold the Everstone.

Also, I'm going to play this in French to practice the language.

Pokemon X Friend Code:
Fiona: 0834-2018-2824
Please PM me if you add me!
Safari Type: Poison
Cascoon|Swalot|Whirlepede
Old July 18th, 2014 (12:05 PM).

Quote originally posted by GoldfishHorde:
Name: GoldfishHorde
Game: Black 2
No held items rule?: I'm probably only going to use berries, so I'll keep held items on.

For those who are looking for a number generator, google "random number generator" and click on the first link.

Example: If I choose to get a random number ranging from 1 to 12, then that means if I got 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, I would get to evolve my Pokemon. If I got a 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, or 12, I could not evolve my Pokemon.
Thankyou for this comment! That RNG thingie kinda confused me but I get it now :3

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old July 18th, 2014 (01:04 PM).

Great idea for a challenge. Plus it gives me an excuse to take the plastic wrapping off my X version that I've had since Christmas.
Name: HeatedFennekin
Game: X
Held items rule? I will only use berries and maybe an everstone.

A question before I start say import my BFL into my game in a egg can it have egg moves and inherit TM's from it's parents?
  • Fire Heart Gold 5/16
  • Grass Crystal 0/16
  • Dragon Blaze Black 0/8
Completed:

FR 8/8 / G 16/16 / S 8/8 / Plt 8/8 / W2 8/8
Solo Challenge:
  • Nidoking (Fire Red and Heart Gold)
  • Gengar (Yellow)
  • Togepi (Platinum)
  • Delibird (X)
Old July 18th, 2014 (02:29 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by HeatedFennekin:
A question before I start say import my BFL into my game in a egg can it have egg moves and inherit TM's from it's parents?
I added to the rules that your BFL can have one Egg move. As for TMs that the parents may inhabit...eh, that's something that's up to interpretation of the player. You could keep a TM move if it had it and not count it towards that one TM limit, but if I were going to import an egg for my BFL (which I plan to) I would most likely not import any TMs onto it.
Old July 18th, 2014 (11:17 PM). Edited July 19th, 2014 by BoqinHeng.

update white 2

it was a sunny day in Asperia city. My mom came to me with a cool request. She asked me if I wanted to fill a pokedex and catch pokemon. That's how I went to look for Bianca,. She gave me a pokemon called Snivy. I didn't like Snivy but on my journey to Flocessy Ranch I fell in love with Lillipup. I caught her and named her Lucy. That's how the day ended.

Lucy my BFL is lv 5.
Snivy is boxed.
Old July 21st, 2014 (01:52 PM).
Current Challenge: Fire Mono

Nature: Timid
Update #1: Days 1-4
Note: I divided each part of the game to what a person could realistically do in a single day or episode of the anime, hence why it doesn't match real time.

Day One:
Spoiler:
  • Awoke to my first day in Kalos!
  • Made new friends! They only speak the native language of kalos, so I am learning from talking to them.
  • Felt drawn to Feunnec the Fennekin, so choose him as my partner. He refuses to stay in the ball, so he travels alongside me.
  • On Route 2, Feunnec was terrified of a tough Fletching Passerouge). It looked like it wanted to come with us, so I caught it.
  • Got lost upon entering the forest. Found a Scatterbug to guide us out.
  • On our way out, Scatterbug evolved into Spewpa (Peregrain).
  • A Bunnelby (Sapereau) followed us out of the forest. The gang and I settled at the Santalune Pokemon Center for the night.

Day Two:
Spoiler:
  • Started our morning with some training!
  • Caught Azurill east of Santalune. It was being attacked by a gang of Litleos.
  • More training for upcoming gym.
  • Chose Passerouge & Feunnec to take to the gym. Was an excellent choice and we won easily.
  • Promptly left Santalune.
  • A Trainer was giving away a bunch of baby Skitty. One of them took a liking to us instantly, so it joined out party.
  • Outside of Lumiose, we meet Dexio and Sina, who guided us through the twists and turns of the city to the Pokemon Center where we would rest for the night.

Day Three
Spoiler:
  • Met with the professor and my new friends around lunch. Had a lovely time and a battle with him. He then gave us a Pokemon from Kanto. I chose Carapuce the Squirtle.
  • Professor asked us to search for the secret of Mega evolution. The group and I looked over the map and eventually decided we would head towards Camphier Town.
  • A strange man named Lysandre came to dinner. Told us about how all he wants is a beautiful world. Quite a strange one.
  • Calem and I met at a cafe to talk about officially becoming rivals in order to push each other to become stronger. While we were there, we saw the famous movie star Diantha. Calem freaked out, while I'm used to seeing famous people because of my mom. Lysandre was also there, hitting on her.
  • Dexio and Sina said now that we had taken care of business, we could go explore the city tomorrow!

Day Four (filler episode):
Spoiler:
  • While Shauna and company wanted to go make PR videos, I went over to Cafe Le Nah and trained a little.
  • Met up with them at the studio and ended up making a video of my own.
  • Tried to buy new clothes. Wasn't fancy enough for city boutiques.
  • Gang and I decided we would head out tomorrow. A power outage has kept us from going further into the city so we'll explore more once we loop back around.

Team:

Feunnec Lv.15-Passerouge Lv.14-Peregrain Lv.12-Azurill Lv.13-Sapereau Lv.13-Carapuce Lv.12

Box:
Skitty Lv.10

Pokemon X Friend Code:
Fiona: 0834-2018-2824
Please PM me if you add me!
Safari Type: Poison
Cascoon|Swalot|Whirlepede
Old July 22nd, 2014 (02:01 PM).
Pokkens

This sounds like fun, and this would be my first complete Challenge of the summer, hard to believe.

Name: Someday
Game: Emerald
MAL
RYM
Formerly "Someday"
Old July 22nd, 2014 (03:07 PM). Edited July 23rd, 2014 by Azazel.

Name: LightSCG
Game: Pokémon Black 2
No held items rule?: Never used them in the first place :O I will however use everstone's on my pokemon if it fails to evolve.
I am also using a randomizer and not catching any fully evolved pokemon.
Bro for Life: Ekans - importing from Egg.
EDIT:
Hatched the Egg, Shiny Ekans......... First shiny pokemon challenge complete.... xD

So I have decided to update info Badge by Badge;

0 badges - 1 badges

Bro for Life - Ekans, Imported as Egg, Hatched as Shiny.

Route 19 - Wild Houndoor captured, calling him Doom.

F Town - Nothing interesting

Route 20 - Wild Gible captured, calling him Garth.

F Ranch - Wild Mewtwo captured, calling him Mewt.

GYM BATTLE - Cheren

2v2

Cheren - Patrat, Lilipup - LOSER

Light - Lightning, Mewt - WINNER

Badge Awarded.

Team Right Now;

Lightning(Ekans)LV:16 - Party

Mewt(Mewtwo)LV:11 - Party

Doom(Houndoor)LV:10 - PC

Garth(Gible)LV:13 - Party
Old July 25th, 2014 (07:41 PM).
Pokkens

Bumping this thread and updating I guess, I bred and EV'd my Bro (actually a female) For Life to ensure its superior genetics and ability. Bagon will be the captain of the team among Zigzagoon and Mudkip, each of whom are fighting to maintain their spot on the squad.
MAL
RYM
Formerly "Someday"
Old July 26th, 2014 (01:23 AM). Edited July 26th, 2014 by jdthebud.
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by Stargazer:
Wow, we have quite a nice splash already! Anyway, to answer the questions, if you get 1-5 for the evolution then yeah the evolution does not happen, and for departure if you get 1-3 then you leave something behind.
I thought that if you get 1-5 the evolution does happen, as it's 5/12 chance to evolve.

Also, here's my sign up:

Name: jdthebud
Game: Crystal
No held items rule?: Yes

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old July 26th, 2014 (03:59 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
I thought that if you get 1-5 the evolution does happen, as it's 5/12 chance to evolve.

Also, here's my sign up:

Name: jdthebud
Game: Crystal
No held items rule?: Yes
Oh yeah, that's right. Misworded that. 1-5 is the evolution, sorry. Got my words mixed up.

Anyway, I haven't had time to start this, but I promise i'll get to it soon.
Old July 31st, 2014 (10:27 AM).
Pokkens

The Ruby Arc has reached its completion!

Episode 1: A Star is Born!
Spoiler:
Yes, that was a pun. Our female BFL is a Bagon named Star, who is not allowed to evolve, but has the same power of a Salamence with its pentaperfect IVs, Adamant nature and 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP EV spread. Don't be fooled; Star does not run the table like she did early in the game.
-Caught our second dedicated member, Wendy the Lonely Female Zigzagoon with a helpful Pickup ability. I mined a lot of Rare Candies thanks to Pickup.
-Our third dedicated member, Diana the Gentle Seedot arrives!
-Make friends with a kid named Wally, who caught his first Pokemon!

Episode 2: Let's Get SeriousQuiet!
Spoiler:
I train before Roxanne. All of a sudden, a Timid Male Taillow appears before my eyes. It becomes the fourth dedicated member of my team.

-Comedic relief from Loud the Whismur, who IRONICALLY has a Quiet nature. It gains a few levels, but something told me Whismur was not happy on my team. Loud became my first and only departure of the series.

Episode 3: I'm the Real Rockin' Whiz!
Spoiler:
As the title suggests, my new-fangled team has our first Gym battle. Bagon's only Egg Move was Dragon Dance, so it was able to set up and knock down her Rock types with Headbutt. Roxanne was overwhelmed at our abilities and awarded me the first Hoenn Badge!

Episode 4: Saving Private Peeko
Spoiler:
I step out of Rustboro Gym and see a man running away with valuables. Like a true ten year old, I move towards the dangers ahead. A Devon Corp. employee tells me that his Devon Goods have been stolen by the evil syndicate Team Aqua. I defeat the baddies and retrieve a Wingull already named Peeko.
-Search for Peeko's owner until I find Mr. Briney outside Petalburg. Out of gratitude, he offers to ship me to Dewford, site of the second Gym.

Episode 5: Dewford Ahoy!
Spoiler:
On the ride to Dewford, my Seedot shakes. I feel like something's wrong with it, until it evolves into a Nuzleaf! How cool!
-Reach Dewford, and Taillow attempts to evolve too. Unfortunately, Taillow does not want to evolve and stays as is.
-Explore Granite Cave, find Steven.

Episode 6: Boxing with Brawly!
Spoiler:
Taillow chose not to evolve, but it was strong enough to fly through the Fighting types. Brawly was completely crushed by Wing Attack and Quick Attack. He tells me to go to Slateport and keep following that road because I'm so talented.
-Persuade Mr. Briney to take me to Slateport, he takes me there.

Episode 7: Another day with May!
Spoiler:
Heading from Slateport, I get interrupted by my neighbor and assumed rival May. I look so embarrassing right now, especially with my Pokemon hurt! But no matter, her battling doesn't match up with her looks; I win.
-A Naive Electrike saw my battling and decided to join my team. I named her Amanda.

Episode 8: A Buzzing Battle!
Spoiler:
I meet up with Wally again, right in front of the Mauville Gym. I have to battle and crush him to get in, which made me shed a tear. Next, I fight Wattson. Mid-battle, my Zigzagoon turns into a Linoone, which goes nuts on Wattson's Pokemon. I earn my third badge.

Episode 9: The Heart of Hoenn!
Spoiler:
I trek to scenic Fallarbor Town and Meteor Falls. My walk is interrupted by two idiots from Aqua and their rival, Blood GangMagma. I ignore them and walk all the way to Lavaridge from Mauville. I was grateful for my Mach Bike.

Episode 10: En Fuego!
Spoiler:
Lavaridge had a Gym, and a Leader with looks that put May to shame. I still beat Flannery like a usual May battle, though it was hard to suffer through Overheats. Flannery says that I remind her of a man named Norman, who I know to he my father. I guess it's time to head to Petalburg!

Episode 11: Playing Catch['em all] with Dad
Spoiler:
With four badges, Norman is forced to battle me. Before the match he gives me a lecture about our disfunctional family and the proper way to raise Pokemon, which is just like a mother to her children.
-With only Bagon left, I defeat his terrible Slaking. Dad is shocked.

Episode 12: I'm a Natural!
Spoiler:
Another biking trip leads me to the Weather Institute, and I meet up with May again. She's even easier to defeat this time, even though her Pokemon are equal in level to mine. As a reward for beating her, she gives me a Leaf Stone which I use on my Nuzleaf. Oh boy, a Shiftry! My ride stops at Fortree City, site of treetop housing and Winona's Flying-type Gym.

Episode 13: A Nifty Disguise!
Spoiler:
I try to get into Winona's Gym, but it is blocked by something invisible. Steven finds me and gives me the Devon Sope, which allows me to see the Kecleons blocking the way.

Episode 14: We're Flying High!
Spoiler:
Amanda the Electrike was riled up to win this battle for me, and I let her do that. She went and swept Winona with Thunder Wave, Thunder and Quick Attack. It was excellent.

Episode 15: The Ghouls at Mt. Pyre!
Spoiler:
Another trip leads us to the elegant Lilycove City. May is there too, and tells me that there's evil going on at Mt. Pyre. I assume ghosts are haunting the place, but it turns out Team Aqua is doing dangerous stuff to summon Kyogre. I stop those plans with my Pokemon.

Episode 16: One Last Time, May!
Spoiler:
After hearing I singlehandedly stopped Aqua at Mt. Pyre, May felt it was time to rematch me. If I lose, she gets to become Champion before me. But if she loses, I get to become Champion before her.
-This one was a grudge match (We'll pretend it was for the effect), but my Pokemon came out on top.

Episode 17: A Shark Look Into the Future!
Spoiler:
Linoone Surfed us to Mossdeep, and as soon I got there, a Fisherman gave me his Super Rod. I tested it out and landed a neat Sharpedo. Nicknamed Thornton, a hockey player for the San Jose Sharks. It had a Quirky nature. Tate & Liza meanwhile, saw me catch the Dark-type Sharpedo from a window in their Gym.

Episode 18: The Mystic Showdown!
Spoiler:
I reached Tate & Liza's gym and headed straight for the twins. They said that they would Double Battle, something relatively unknown to me (pretend, okay!). I sent out Linoone and my Sharpedo. Linoone hurt the Solrock and Lunatone with Surf, while Sharpedo Crunched them. It was an impressive win.

Episode 19: Ten Thousand Luvdiscs Under The Sea!
Spoiler:
I dive under and thwart Team Aqua again. When I dive up, Kyogre and Groudon square off in the middle of Sootopolis, along with Archie and Maxie. Each one threatening to kill the other, and put this world into a wet or dry apocalypse respectively. Is this the end of Ruby and all of Hoenn?

Episode 20: Meeting the Spirit in the Sky!
Spoiler:
*Cue instrumental of song with same title* A great green Dragon emerges from the sky and stops Team Aqua, Magma, Kyogre and Groudon. They are forced to abandon their plans because neither can stop Rayquaza.

Episode 21: The Odyssey Continues!
Spoiler:
Note that this game is Ruby, and the Rayquaza event does not appear in Ruby. This is my show, so I fight Wallace next. Electrike is the star of the show again, with a cool Charge + Thunder strategy. Shiftry cleans up after Amanda faints. When I win, Wallace tells me to go to Ever Grande, a place I dreamed of in my earlier youth. Sharpedo learns Waterfall.

Episode 22: Climbing the Waterfall!
Spoiler:
This serves as a poetic end to Ruby's journey, only there is still more he has to do. This episode reflects on his travels, his bonds with his Pokemon, and some training in Victory Road.

Episode 23: The Final Grind!
Spoiler:
Victory Road is the final quest for Ruby before challenging the formidable Elite Four and the presiding Champion who he is unsure of. Ruby trains and makes final adjustments: movesets, evolutions and the like. Throw in a cool training montage like any good anime would.

Episode 24: Beat The Elite: Part 1
Spoiler:
I submit myroster to the Pokemon League's administrators, heals his Pokemon and buys items to increase his chances. I'm ready, and begin my first battle with Shiftry as the lead. It knows Fake Out. Next comes a shift to Linoone, who learned Belly Drum while grinding at Victory Road.

Belly Drum + Strength was all it took for Linoone to sweep Sidney. Shiftry starts against Phoebe and her Ghosts, and the episode leaves off with Phoebe and I in a stalemate.

Episode 25: Beat The Elite: Part 2
Spoiler:
The 25th episode continues with Shiftry and her Dusclops, who is hiding behind Protects and heling items. I get frustrated, but continue to fire Feint Attacks and Bullet Seeds until Dusclops falls. Shiftry goes insane and punishes Phoebe's Ghosts, even getting a few lucky critical hits.

Glacia is next, and Linoone leads with Belly Drum. Glacia goes Hail and loses her chance to stop my Linoone from tearing her to shreads. Belly Drum + Strength wins it.

With ten minutes left in the episode, I take on Drake, the toughest of the Elite Four. Linoone leads again, uses Belly Drum because the Shelgon Protects. Now Linoone can defeat Drake alone with Strength. And so it does. With three minutes left, Drake gives a heartfelt speech that will go down in the rich history of feels. I advance to the Champion's chamber.

Episode 26 [FINAL]: This is the End, or is It!?!
Spoiler:
Through the door walks Steven, sharp dressed and clean just as a Champion should appear. His regal stature equates to his abilities as a Trainer and should not be taken lightly, even if I soundly defeated his underlings.

-Battle begins. I send out Electrike, he leads Skarmory. I Charge once and Thunder for a definite kill.
-Claydol is next and I swap for Linoone. Belly Drum is the obvious choice, and one Strength puts Claydol in the dirt.
-Cradily comes next, Linoone beats it with two Strengths.
-Steven opts for his trump card Metagross. I stick with Linoone, whose Drummed Strength puts his Metagross at roughly half HP. Linoone faints and Sharpedo revenge kills with an Earthquake.
-Sharpedo stays out and floors his Aggron with Earthquake.
-That leaves Armaldo, who faints with two Sharpedo Waterfalls.

Game set and match. Ruby is Champion of Hoenn!

HALL OF FAME PHOTO
Spoiler:
MAL
RYM
Formerly "Someday"
Old September 22nd, 2014 (03:27 PM).
Crystal Tier

Ah man, i'm behind on this. Anyway, i'll get in my update.

Y Anime Style Challenge - Update #1

Spoiler:
I started the game, chose the girl and named her Kari. I chose Fennekin, and after I beat Shauna, I traded over a Machop egg from my main copy of X that I decided would be my Bro for Life. It had Guts and the Egg Move Ice Punch.

I did allow myself to use Fennekin to train up Machop, and my other Pokémon, against wild Pokémon to get my real members to levels they could fight. Once I was in Viridian Forest, I caught a Pansage. On the random number generator I got a 12, so I can't evolve it. I beat the trainers with it and Machop, then made my way onto Route 3, where I got a Fletchling. For that I got an 11 and a 1, so I can evolve it into Fletchinder but not Talonflame. Once I arrived in Santalune City, I healed up and then went to Route 22, where I beat the trainers there. Why are Marills stupid enough to keep using Leer against me when it shows I have Big Pecks? Anyway, I didn't catch anything here, as nothing I felt was too interesting except maybe Azurill, which i've used enough of in my time with this game.

Once I got to the Gym, I deposited Pansage for it. I took on one of the trainers then reached Viola. Surskit fell after some Growl and Leer action from Fletchling despite getting a nasty critical hit with Bubble. Vivillon killed me but took some damage and was knocked below half first, then Machop finished her with Ice Punch for the win.

I got the Bug Badge and TM83 for Infestation, then left the Gym.

The team:
Spoiler:

Level 13, Male, Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Obtained: Bro for Life
Moves: Focus Energy, Ice Punch, Karate Chop, Low Sweep

Level 11, Female, Nature: Calm
Obtained: Santalune Forest
Can evolve?: No
Moves: Leer, Lick, Play Nice, Vine Whip

Level 11, Male, Nature: Naive
Ability: Big Pecks
Obtained: Route 3
Can evolve?: Into Fletchinder but not Talonflame
Moves: Growl, Peck, Quick Attack, Tackle

I don't know how i'll do updates from here on out, whether it be the same I do for most other XY challenges (Viola-Grant-Clemont-final battle against Lysandre-Diantha in that order), or if it'll be after each badge, given the nature of this challenge and all.

ALSO, I think i'm going to modify the 5/12 evolution chance rule to make it so that certain Pokémon are immune to that rule and do not require an RNG to decide the fate of.
Old October 17th, 2014 (07:57 PM).

Nature: Quirky
I am SO doing this!

Name: ThatChickWithNoLife
Game: SoulSilver (one of my favs, a longer storyline, and your Bro for Life can follow you around!)
No held items rule?: meh, why not? it'll make things more interesting (with the exception of things like the soothe bell and exp. share)

Probably gonna start this on my birthday next week, just because that and i have a LOT to do this weekend already, plus i'll need time to breed my Bro For Life. I'll probably start a comic following my progress (at least showing the highlights)

IGN - Ann Marie (X, OmegaRuby)
XL FC: 4940-6623-0531 / 3DS Friend Code: 2466-4091-8751
Friend Safaris: (XL) Fire - Growlithe, Ninetails, Pyroar/ (3DS) Ground - Palpitoad, Sandshrew, Camerupt
(if you add me, please let me know )
My Trade Shop Gots lots of HA over there, if you're interested
-----------------------------------------------------
Owner of the Shiny Leauge Challenge Thread:

Sahana the Gardevoir - Hatched via Masuda Method on June 6th, 2014
Vesuvius the Camerupt - Caught in Friend Safari on October 22nd, 2014
Macbeth the Nidoran - Hatched Randomly on January 8th, 2015
Coraline the Shuppet - Caught Randomly on April 14, 2015
Old November 8th, 2014 (08:52 PM).

So uhh. Application thing.
Name : xHeracross
Game : Leaf Green
No items rule : Yeah, let's do it.

Also, is it expected to give live updates of the game? I'm sure I can, but I don't know how often I'll remember to do so. Probably after every gym or so.

Think I'm making my BFL a Heracross with the power of roms, as long as that's okay. I'm gonna assume it is. Can't wait to start playing
Old November 8th, 2014 (10:55 PM).

Quote originally posted by xHeracross:
So uhh. Application thing.
Name : xHeracross
Game : Leaf Green
No items rule : Yeah, let's do it.

Also, is it expected to give live updates of the game? I'm sure I can, but I don't know how often I'll remember to do so. Probably after every gym or so.

Think I'm making my BFL a Heracross with the power of roms, as long as that's okay. I'm gonna assume it is. Can't wait to start playing

Just realized I'm bumping an old post, sorry if that's bad. Oops
Old November 9th, 2014 (12:02 PM).

Finally started my run! Randomizer gave me Mudkip, Torchick and Dratini as starters - I chose Mudkip and he is my bro for life.

These are the pokemon that I have and that can evolve or not:
Spoiler:
Mudkip is Bro for life
Zigzagoon can evolve
Mareep can only evolve to Flaafy
Barboach cannot evolve.
Gulpin cannot evolve
Treecko can evolve twice
Bagon cannot evolve
Chansey cannot evolve
Mankey can evolve
Squirtle can evolve once.
Shuppet cannot evolve.
Drowzee cannot evolve
Dratini can evolve once
Sandshrew cannot evolve

I defeated first two gym leaders and had no departures yet. I need to do some grinding before SS Anne. I am currently using: Mudkip, Grovyle, Flaafy, Sandshrew, Mankey and Linoone.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links