Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:58 AM).
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.
Old August 9th, 2010 (05:35 AM).
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
What am I being agreed on?
This post:

I personally think that more challenges should follow what the geniuses who changed the monotypes did. I mean, come on, when you do the exact same challenge, you just are in a different region, I think that's basically the same thing. I think that there should be one thread for Monotypes, one for Solos, one for Nuzlockes, one for Colors, one for Gym Leaders and Elite Four, one for the teams (Team Rocket, Magma/Aqua, and Galactic) and one for Gym Types and Gym Disadvantage challenges. That way, if someone wanted a Nuzlocke challenge for XD, whoever was running THE Nuzlocke Challenge would just add an XD section. This would keep the number of challenges down to like 15 instead of 4 pages worth, and I wouldn't have to do nearly as much searching to find the challenges.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old August 9th, 2010 (07:06 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
I was thinking of a new idea for a challenge.

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?
Old August 9th, 2010 (03:20 PM). Edited August 9th, 2010 by .Hoenn.
.Hoenn
Booted out - don't be like me!

What about some kind of interactive challenge? I'll be doing the challenge, and people can post things while I'm doing it like "You see a bunch of Garchomps playing happily together. You feel bad for your Garchomp, so you release him to go play." or "After beating Misty, you get a message saying "come defeat me now, I'll be in Saffron's Gym" (You have to beat Sabrina third). Stuff like this?
using what? MSN or AIM? or Teamviewer chat?

Quote originally posted by Amore:
I have one idea, and it only really works for Hg/Ss. I won't post it as a thread, because I'm not that good at keeping track of them. However, it's very simple, and I have a mock title:

Gotta Catch 'em All Challenge! (Johto Version)

Basically, you can do the story however you want, however, you can't advance to Kanto until you complete your Johto Pokedex!

There would be two difficulties:

- Easy Mode - Just ones obtaineable in Johto (i.e. ones only available in Kanto can be left, and if you can't trade, no trade evolutions required etc.)

- Hard Mode - Complete the Johto Pokedex before advancing to Kanto. Simple.
sorry bro, found one made by a temp. banned user, join that and i guess your in
Old August 9th, 2010 (03:35 PM).
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Master Strife:
These are challenges I've done:
Contests challenge: A pokemon's moves must be all the same contest type: smart, beauty, etc. For my treecko I stuck with smart. worked out for me :D

Moveset challenge: As your pokemon learns new moves, the newest move will replace the oldest move, no matter what moves they are. TM's are not allowed. HM's, when taught, will still replace the oldest move when taught. This is honestly the hardest challenge I've done.

Split-game Challenge: Using any games that come in threes(Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum; and so on) play all 3 at once. However, once a pokemon is caught in one game, it cannot be used in the others. For example: you catch a poochyena in Emerald. You can't use a poochyena or it's evolution in Sapphire or Ruby. The games should be kept at about the same place in the story at once. It took me forever to beat this challenge.

Restriction Challenge: Starters are excluded from the following: Roll a dice and see what it lands on. Anything from 2-6. Let's say it lands on 3. Then, every third pokemon in the pokedex, including it's evolution, if it evolves, can't be used in game. The pre-evolutions are allowed, but not that pokemon, or what it evolves into. Use the region dex, or the national dex, depends on how challenging you want it to be. I used region on Diamond, and I rolled a two. I was tempted to roll again.

Random Favorite Challenge: (This challenge will most likely involve Action Replay usage) Make a list of your top 6 pokemon in every type. Make sure you have them arranged from favorite to least favorite. Then, get someone to pick 6 random types. Let's say they pick: Dark, Grass, Fire, Electric, Ground, Bug. Then, you have to arrange a team depending on what they chose. Since dark was first, use you favorite dark type. Then, since it was second, your second favorite grass, and so on. When I did this, I ended up with 5/6 being weak to electric. Though, it can be pretty fun. This is the one I do every time a new generation is made.

I made all of these myself. If there are ones similiar like them out there, I never saw them.
:O

requesting thread creation for these IMMEDIATELY. myrrhman? or somebody else?
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:08 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold

that is a really good idea except what if some bastard goes "Team rocket attacks you and steals are your pokemon"
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:22 PM).
.Hoenn

Quote originally posted by dragon0fangz:

:O

requesting thread creation for these IMMEDIATELY. myrrhman? or somebody else?
Sydian made the favorite challenge, and i just made the Split Game one
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:24 PM).
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

I would make the Moveset challenge and the Restriction challenge, but i would have to constantly look over my own thread...
Also contests, that sounds cool, maybe i could add a side challenge, you have to beat that contest Master Rank.
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:25 PM).
.Hoenn

haha, i might make those too
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:28 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

okay semi-off topic but I love the nuzlocke challenge so much I started to do it on FIFA SOCCER 10
If I lose a game, I have to release my best player, do you guys think I am a Nuzfag for this?
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:29 PM).
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

do it, and i'll join. im thinking combining restrictions with nuzlocke. maybe add moveset on that one.
XD, never thought about doing Nuzlocke on other games.
Old August 9th, 2010 (04:57 PM).
.Hoenn

Just submitted the .HCv1, it will have my challenges

.Hoenn Challenges V1
Old August 9th, 2010 (05:53 PM).
tharding6
Veteran Trainer

Nature: Adamant
how bout a challenge where you pick one kind of trainer (Bug catcher, Lass, Youngster, etc.) and you can only use pokemon that trainers of that type use in the game. Some one would have to look up all the trainers in the games to make the lists.. But i think this could be a need challenge
Old August 9th, 2010 (06:08 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote originally posted by dragon0fangz:
do it, and i'll join. im thinking combining restrictions with nuzlocke. maybe add moveset on that one.
XD, never thought about doing Nuzlocke on other games.

haha, well I probably can't make it because its not a Pokemon Game, but I think I may request to make a nuzlocke general.
Old August 9th, 2010 (07:56 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

I go away for 13 little hours, and look at what you've done... Thanks for keeping me busy guys...

Okay:

Hoenn#1: I think skype would work best for this.
He's just banned for having too long of a siggy because something broke in his, so he should be back shortly.

dragon#1: Some are already made.

acedragonite: Well that sucks to be you if that happens. We could either hope that people play nice or give people incentive to do good things, like an award for the person who does the nicest things. Idk, shut up. Stop laughing.

thard: Someone did that a long time ago in a land where the Challenge section wasn't its own board. Wouldn't mind seeing that again; and Cooltrainers should be banned for having too good pokemon.
Old August 10th, 2010 (03:07 PM).
dragon0fangz
account moved to 649

dragon#1: Some are already made.
not all, duh. what ever isnt made, should be.
Old August 11th, 2010 (06:04 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.
Old August 12th, 2010 (10:37 AM).
ThaWinnerGON
Backpacker

Nature: Docile
Here's one I'm attempting at the moment---

Gift Pokemon Run

I'm sure someone already posted that, but I really don't feel like going through 10 pages of thread to make sure.

I think it's easiest in HG/SS, where you get a decent amount of Gift Pokemon.
Pretty much only the pokemon you get as gifts can be what you use, for your team and as HM slaves. No trading, catching, safari zoning, etc. So eggs, lying-on-tables-to-grab, starters, and the sort are the only ones you can use.
Old August 12th, 2010 (10:46 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by AceDragonite:
This could completely revolutionize challenges.

Okay well I'm not sure to classify this as a challenge but...

The Pokemon Stock Market League

Okay, I know what you're thinking. WTF does Stock Market have to do with Pokemon?

Well basically you have 10 people all with 6 Pokemon.
Every week the Challenge hoster posts a list of qualities, assigning points for a Pokemon having these qualities.

For example if the Qualities were...

-Fire Type
-Water Type
-Grass Type

Then Player one who has the team:

Mudkip
Pikachu
Dragonite
Ralts
Charizard
Ludicolo

Gets 4 points, Because Charizard has fire, Mudkip is a water type and Ludicolo is both water and grass.

Here's the catch, the qualities are ever-varying and unique, the qualities to gain points are changed every new Quality post, EXCEPT, and this is a big except, 1 quality from the previous post will carry over, so you have to know what Pokemon to keep.

Now you may "Trade" Pokemon with others. If you don't have wi-fi or are playing a gen 3 or below game in your league you just trade rights. This means that if Player 1 trades Player 2 his electabuzz for Player 2's Aggron, than player 1 must catch and aggron and Player 2 must catch electabuzz. And all rights are individual so duplicate's are allowed because there are rights to each individual Pokemon, so Player 1's aggron isn't the same as Player 2's aggron. Also you may change the moveset of a Pokemon you get in a trade, as certain moves may get your Pokemon points.

If someone really wants one of your Pokemon, then SELL IT. In this league you can do a SELL RIGHTS TRADE. You sell your Pokemon's rights for x amount of points. Its basically the same as a trade, but 1 player gets some points from it as well as a Pokemon.

Rules:

No Lying. Proof is not needed but more people will trust you if you have it.
No Legendaries or Hax0red Pokemon so Don't even bother asking.
Up to 10 People in each League
Everyone in the league MUST be playing the same game (but counterparts are okay, R/B G/S R/S FR/LG D/P and HG/SS is what I mean by counterparts)
NO PRIVATE TRANSACTIONS, all trading must be done on the thread.
Players calaculate their own points, but the host will double-check if he feels the need to.
The Player with the most points at the end wins the league.

If you are interested, VM me
and if Sydian is reading this, please tell me where this should go.
This is really appetizing. I wouldn't mind doing this league. Only question is: how long does the league go on for? Because it doesn't take me long to go through the games.
Old August 12th, 2010 (02:13 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^myrrhman the league would probabl go on for a month or so. I haven't worked out all the kinks yet. I decided to make 2 different things out of it though. The League, which is kind of like Fantasy sports, where the main objective is to get points and win, and The Challenge where the main objective is to complete the game, following the stock market rules. I am planning on hosting it at the PokeMunch forums.
Old August 12th, 2010 (02:13 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
Like any challenge, it'd go in the, duh, Challenge Forum. Have fun trying to run that though. I can't even keep up with stocks irl.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old August 12th, 2010 (02:57 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

I love the new title of this sticky
I got a LOT of challenge posting work to do!
Old August 12th, 2010 (04:42 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Hey, Ace, if you need any help with running it, I'd be glad to help out.
Old August 12th, 2010 (08:10 PM).
AceDragonite
Champion

^okay yeah you can help I wasn't sure to make it a challenge, a league, or both.
Old August 13th, 2010 (01:51 PM). Edited August 13th, 2010 by Niprop.
Niprop
The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
I just have a great Idea that unfortunately, I cannot join in myself do to the fact that my only freed-up game is currently going through Nuzlocke. Anyways:

Challenge Arcade!

Here's how everything goes:

On your great journey, you go through the entire region of XXXX, battling gym leaders and beating the game as usual, however! Each time you defeat a gym leader, you must roll a dice! Each side is assigned to an event, mostly based off of other challenges, for instance:

1 Dot: Monotype. You can only use Pokemon that all share a certain type. Deposit all the Pokemon of the selected type that you cannot use for until you defeat the next gym. You cannot choose to use Pokemon of a type you do not currently posses. You may you HM slaves, though you can't use them in Battle.

2 Dots: Mono Move. Each Pokemon can only use one move out of their move pool for until the next gym is thwarted. Chose wisely, for you can only pick a move for each Pokemon once for until the after the gym. HMs can be used on the field of course, but not in battle if they're not the selected move!

3 Dots: Monoteam. You can only use your current team until you beat the next gym. If your team does not have six members, you can catch additional Pokemon to fill those empty slots, but remember, you can only fill to slots by catching new Pokemon.

4 Dots: Nuzlocke/Deathrun. You heard that right. From now until the next Gym is defeated, any Pokemon that faint are to be considered dead and must be released. Aside from that, you can only catch the first wild Pokemon you find in any given area you find, and of your existing Pokemon, you can only use one per each area caught. You also cannot use any Legendary Pokemon for until you defeat the gym, though you can still catch any you find, so long as you do not use them. Don't forget to set battle style to "SET" too! (And don't forget to set it back if you want to once the gym is over.) If you somehow manage to run out of Pokemon, Undo Nuzlocke and roll the dice until another event comes up. If you have only one Pokemon from each route, and they all die, you can keep the last Pokemon that fainted+all HM users and then proceed to reroll. HM slaves cannot die, but if they faint, they are permanently crippled and cannot be used in battle at all until after the next event.

5 Dots: No items. You cannot use any sort of item other then key items (excluding the Poke Flute for actions of healing Sleep) until the next Gym Leader is defeated. Fairly straightforward.

6 Dots: Double Challenge. You can only use Two Pokemon until the next gym is roflstomped. You can use HM slaves.

Don't worry, challenges don't stack and are reset each time you roll the dice. You also roll the dice one more time after you beat the Champion on certain games, though only in games where the Champion is not the last objective. The victory conditions for each game are:

Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/FireRed/LeafGreen: Beaten after you defeat Mewtwo.
Gold/Silver/Crystal: Beaten after you defeat Red.
Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald: Beaten after you defeat Steven Stone.
Diamon/Pearl/Platinum: Beaten after you defeat Cynthia.
HeartGold/SoulSilver: Beaten after you defeat Red and Mewtwo.

Rules:

1.) No cheating/Hacking
2.) No Trading, accept for eggs, but limited to trading over one egg per playthrough!
3.) that is all!

This challenge can be easy or brutally difficult, but it's all based on chance!

"Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
"Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
"Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links