The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 18th, 2012, 12:07 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman

Advertise here
Yeah, I always pictured it as defeating the toughest trainer in the game. So I always beat Steven when I do emerald.

And as for the solos, sometimes I get lazy and don't deposit my HM slaves, but I don't buy revives, so i basically lose either way if my solo Pokemon faints. Some people play that you can switch to HM Slaves to revive/heal your main Pokemon, but I never do. The solo challenge isn't just "deal all damage with one Pokemon" its "only use one Pokemon"
Old February 21st, 2012, 12:12 AM
phonastik
Strange Quark

Nature: Quiet
I was thinking about a challenge where you can only use middle-stage Pokemon. Sure, it seems like an easier version of the unevolved challenge, but there's the Duo-species challenge... Just throwing it out there.

Forever alone since '99.
Old February 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
GoGoShinyDunsparce
And Flounderp too!

Nature: Lax
If I am not mistaken in believing I can post challenge ideas on this thread, then here is my idea for a Pokemon Chess Challenge.
So far, rules are as follows:
Spoiler:

1) Can only catch the first 15 Pokemon encountered after Pokedex is obtained. Maximum 3 per route, though.
2) Nickname your captured pokemon in order:
- King (starter)
- Pawn x8
- Knight x2
- Bishop x2
- Rook x2
- Queen
3) Starter is the King; if it faints, game is over.
4) If a pokemon faints, release it.
5) Pawns and King cannot be given any items, including potions and TMs (N.B. HM slaves are permitted if progress cannot be made without them).
6) Knights can be healed in and out of battle as needed (excl. Revives/Max Revives).
7) Bishops can be taught TMs and HMs.
8) Rooks can be healed and taught TMs/HMs, but cannot evolve to the final form (middle form is ok).
9) The Queen can be both healed and taught TMs and HMs with no restrictions.
10) If the Queen faints then the first Pawn to OHKO a pokemon that Queen’s level may become a Queen (take it to the Name Changer to formalize the change).
11) Gyms challengers’ levels must be the leader’s strongest level or lower.
12) There must be at least one Pawn on the team at all times, and the King must be on the team at all times as well.
13) If at any time a pokemon is at least 5 levels higher than all others, release it as a penalty (optional).

I would really appreciate any feedback on what might go wrong with a challenge like this, before I try it out myself after my LG Nuzlocke.
Thanks in advance.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 01:05 AM
heLLkitsune
There's nothing for me here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoShinyDunsparce View Post
If I am not mistaken in believing I can post challenge ideas on this thread, then here is my idea for a Pokemon Chess Challenge.
So far, rules are as follows:
Spoiler:

1) Can only catch the first 15 Pokemon encountered after Pokedex is obtained. Maximum 3 per route, though.
2) Nickname your captured pokemon in order:
- King (starter)
- Pawn x8
- Knight x2
- Bishop x2
- Rook x2
- Queen
3) Starter is the King; if it faints, game is over.
4) If a pokemon faints, release it.
5) Pawns and King cannot be given any items, including potions and TMs (N.B. HM slaves are permitted if progress cannot be made without them).
6) Knights can be healed in and out of battle as needed (excl. Revives/Max Revives).
7) Bishops can be taught TMs and HMs.
8) Rooks can be healed and taught TMs/HMs, but cannot evolve to the final form (middle form is ok).
9) The Queen can be both healed and taught TMs and HMs with no restrictions.
10) If the Queen faints then the first Pawn to OHKO a pokemon that Queen’s level may become a Queen (take it to the Name Changer to formalize the change).
11) Gyms challengers’ levels must be the leader’s strongest level or lower.
12) There must be at least one Pawn on the team at all times, and the King must be on the team at all times as well.
13) If at any time a pokemon is at least 5 levels higher than all others, release it as a penalty (optional).

I would really appreciate any feedback on what might go wrong with a challenge like this, before I try it out myself after my LG Nuzlocke.
Thanks in advance.
Woah, it's a pretty neat idea you've got there mister. it's nice but did I get the 11th rule right: So you can't be overleveled? other than that, that's an awesome idea. You should post it as a challenge.
Old February 22nd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
I think we had a Chess Challenge long ago actually. Or well, someone had been talking about it. ALSO. I finished my Christian Challenge. :D I'll soon be looking for another challenge to do on Emerald, after I catch all the legendaries to migrate to Platinum so that they can go off to gen V for the Pokedex lol. I might not decide to do a challenge though and instead just run through the game with Pokemon I have never used or haven't used in years. ...I think there's a challenge like that...HM.
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:56 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonastik View Post
I was thinking about a challenge where you can only use middle-stage Pokemon. Sure, it seems like an easier version of the unevolved challenge, but there's the Duo-species challenge... Just throwing it out there.
That wouldn't be too bad. A lot of middle evolution Pokémon are forgotten. It'd be nice to use them once in a while.
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:02 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
Hey, anyone who was around when I did remember that Platinum favorite challenge of mine ? The one in which I named my Pokemon after you guys ?
...Anyone ?

Well, whatever. Either way, it did what BW didn't do : get me back into Pokemon.
And so did Pokemon Emerald, which I'm doing a normal playthrough of.
And by the way, I lost Pokemon SoulSilver this Summer in Tenerife. :[ Forgot it in the hotel room. I hope whoever finds it has a DS and realizes that it was a Nuzlocke.

Aaaand, who here has a 3DS ? :D

Old February 25th, 2012, 01:05 AM
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
I got a 3DS :D. And it is a shame you lost your SS, how were you going on that?
Old February 25th, 2012, 01:58 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11wildy View Post
I got a 3DS :D. And it is a shame you lost your SS, how were you going on that?
Well, I was carrying all my DS games in a DS retail game case. I lent my SS to my little brother since he wanted a Wi-Fi fight. Of course he lost, I was in Ecruteak and was doing a Nuzlocke. When he gave it back to me, I was playing something else and told him to leave it on my bed. I lost it and wasn't able to find it.

Old February 25th, 2012, 03:06 AM
11wildy
Me!

Oh that sucks . Will you do another Nuzlocke? I am currently doing a Crystal nuzlocke, on the nuzlocke forum, with screenshots and a little bit of a plot :D
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:03 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

I'm really short of time here... as I said, if I had time, I would, but right now I can't. Oh well... at least I managed to get together and return here. :D

Old February 26th, 2012, 10:26 PM
11wildy
Me!

Well, it's great to have you back here, even though the other people aren't even posting anymore :3
Old February 29th, 2012, 07:28 AM
infersaime
Come and get me

Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
I had a idea were you playtrough a game using no Items only poké balls are allowed.
Old February 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Sydian

Quote:
I was thinking about that too. There are a lot of great middle evolution Pokemon. :)
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:27 PM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post

I was thinking about that too. There are a lot of great middle evolution Pokemon.
I know, but the first one who comes to my mind is Dragonair. It's probably the only species whose middle evolution I prefer over its last. Don't take me wrong ; Dragonite is awesome too, but it just looks really odd compared to its awesome preevolutions.

Old February 29th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Jellicent♀
ღ Fairy Wind ღ

Nature: Modest
Finally done with my Valentine's Challenge. I've been QUITE bored with Pokemon so now I'm looking for something else to do. I've been thinking about doing one where I can only use Pokemon that evolve a special way other than JUST a stone. Like, i.e. Aipom to Ambipom, or how Snorunt must be female with a Dawn Stone to evolve to Froslass. I might sign up for one of the threads, though.
Old February 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by infersaime View Post
I had a idea were you playtrough a game using no Items only poké balls are allowed.
I do my Nuzlockes like that, so I just think of this as a Nuzlocke but with less stress and risk.
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:41 AM
jespoke
Challenge Forum Stalker

Hi everyone...
Im back after an unusually long "Im bored of pokemon" break to what sounds like a rather lazy sub-forum (Or is that just the moderator? )
I can't even remember what challenges i was doing, but Im back with a new nuzlocke because i need something to do in the bus, and Ive played the Legend of Zelda Minish Cap through twice in the last 2 weeks :/

Does anyone even remember me? Otherwise: Hello everyone, Im Jespoke!
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Sydian

Quote:
I know, but the first one who comes to my mind is Dragonair. It's probably the only species whose middle evolution I prefer over its last. Don't take me wrong ; Dragonite is awesome too, but it just looks really odd compared to its awesome preevolutions.
No, I totally agree! I love majestic blue snakes with beads on their tails more than I love yellow Barneys with tiny wings. :)
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I can imagine if I did that challenge, I'd use a lot of Pokémon that evolve with a stone, so they don't evolve by accident.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Sydian

^ I was thinking that too. Cause getting Everstones can be a pain... -glares at Christian Challenge-
Old March 3rd, 2012, 01:03 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

The Pokémon that won't worry me are:
Clefairy, Eelektrik, Gloom, Jigglypuff, Lampent, Lombre, Nidorina, Nidorino, Nuzleaf, Pikachu, Poliwhirl, Roselia, Togetic, Weepinbell, Boldore, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Graveler, Gurdurr, Haunter, Kadabra, Machoke, Magmar, Porygon2, Rhydon, Seadra and Piloswine.
Too bad half of them get evolutions later...
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Jak
so sassy

Gurrdurr is awesome. :D Also, I have to point out that the member view of this forum is SO much nicer than the mod view. None of those ugly deleted threads, lol. It's so hard to just get around the forum because of all the deleted threads. /guess who lolz

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
yes, i'm sydian
Old March 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

So I had a thought u guys, if Black 2 and White 2 have a different storyline than regular BW (there has to be a reason they didn't just make Grey) then all our challenges will have to add B2/W2 as a sixth game to be played for ultimates.
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKirbyFan View Post
So I had a thought u guys, if Black 2 and White 2 have a different storyline than regular BW (there has to be a reason they didn't just make Grey) then all our challenges will have to add B2/W2 as a sixth game to be played for ultimates.
Holy crap, I didn't even think about that. Well, the Jap versions are out in July (right?) and the English ones are out in the fall. The good news for all of us challengers involved is that the games are being made for the DS, so we can still use emulators (sigh of relief).

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here