Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 19th, 2012 (03:56 AM).
My life would suck without you
Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote originally posted by darkpokeball:
To answer the above:
-If a pokemon is infected, you must release it. If you keep a zombie pokemon on your team, then it might affect others.

-I completely forgot abut those moves. Yes, Bug Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, the biting moves will all infect.
I think the challenge is way too confusing to be honest and most people will be turned off by all of the confusing rules. Also, the use of 5 Pokéballs is far too challenging, especially when that gives you a max of 6 Pokémon per challenge, which the chance of the weakest being killed off every two gyms.
Old March 19th, 2012 (03:00 PM).
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote originally posted by vaporeon7:
I think the challenge is way too confusing to be honest and most people will be turned off by all of the confusing rules. Also, the use of 5 Pokéballs is far too challenging, especially when that gives you a max of 6 Pokémon per challenge, which the chance of the weakest being killed off every two gyms.
Thanks for the feedback! But the weakest being killed of every two gyms is an additional rule for those that want the ultimate challenge. You end up with two pokemon if you do it. But anyways, can you tell me what rules strike you as confusing? I will try to modify them to clear them up.
Old March 22nd, 2012 (01:42 PM).
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Crystal Tier

Nature: Hardy
Well, I've prepared myself for Spring Break already; I've made two notepad files full of teams and games for challenges. I'm not sure how many I'll actually get done within a week, though. I've been mentally timing myself on some of my recent challenges to see approximately how fast I can play through a game of each generation, given time just to sit down and play without many disruptions.

Anyone else prepare a boatload of challenges for their break, or am I just that crazy?

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old March 22nd, 2012 (09:46 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Nature: Timid
No, you're not alone. I plan on working on my challenges and RNGing some stuff. I'm only doing two challenges right now, cause I feel bad when I do too many and get distracted by other stuff and don't update. But yeah, I'll be working on mine and can hopefully get some updates in on both of them. tbh, I wanna get back into normal runs a bit, and experiment with weird movesets. idk, not many challenges I like that are up right now.

That in mind though, if anyone's submitted a challenge in the past week and it hasn't been approved, sorry about that. I'm on a dloa (obviously) and I think I'm the only staff member that understands this forum...lol. So yeah. If that's the case though, you can hold your horses till the 29th and everything will be spiffy again. And if you can't wait, then put on a diaper in case you pee on yourself in anticipation.

OHHH. And I'm delving into my little mind trying to think of a good event. It's been a crazy year and I haven't had time to post any, and I didn't want repeat events like the St. Patrick's Day event from last year. This event won't have anything to do with the Get Together this year though, don't worry. ...Or worry. Whichever you want.
Old March 24th, 2012 (09:34 PM).
Crystal Tier

Myrrhman gave me the inspiration to start 'combining' my challenges. I've always thought about doing it, but I never actually needed to do so until now, since I have like hundreds of challenges to do. Hundreds of challenges sounds intimidating, but after combining some, it should almost cut that amount it half. Within my notepad files, I have one for monocolors and one for monotypes, and I can actually combine a lot of them. Because the Monocolor Challenge says ultimates have to go in order, I have to skip around a little with my monocolors, but I figure it'll all be alright and okay in the end.

As of now, I've planned the order of my next twenty challenges or so. (If you don't like seeing a magician reveal her challenge plans tricks, then don't click the spoiler)
Spoiler:
I plan on doing my Ultimate Bug Monotype up to generation 4, then play Platinum with a team that will satisfy the requirements for both my Ultimate Flying and Ultimate Bug Monotypes (since I'm up to gen 4 with my Flying mono), as well as my Yellow Monocolor, and then complete both Monotypes after playing gen 5.
After that, I'll do Ultimate Ghost up to gen 4, where I'll play with a purple ghost-type team, so that it'll also count for my Purple Monocolor. I'll finish my Ultimate Ghost and Ultimate Purple on gen 5. After that, I'll do my Ultimate Water Monotype, and with the teams I've planned out, that ultimate will also count as a Ultimate Blue Monocolor. That's as far as I've gotten for now. Phew.

Old March 26th, 2012 (10:06 PM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Yeah, its just a shame that I already did the monotypes when I got to colors. Colors combine well with Monotypes. I got stuck doing Gym Leader/ Elite 4 challenges while I did monotypes.
Old March 27th, 2012 (04:00 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
Yeah, its just a shame that I already did the monotypes when I got to colors. Colors combine well with Monotypes. I got stuck doing Gym Leader/ Elite 4 challenges while I did monotypes.
I counted, and just by going through the all the monocolors, I end up doing at least 25 monotypes as well. I'm really glad I decided to wait on the monotypes. I should try to find a way to combine my TCG Challenges with something else, but that might be a bit difficult unless I decide to do something like mono-body types.

Old March 28th, 2012 (03:30 PM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
lol at thread title change. Score one for Went. What are you gonna do, Syd? Payback time is now.

On the topic of combining challenges, I don't really care about it. I don't really put any effort into it. My focus is having fun, and if that means using a slightly different team than before, then it's all good.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old March 28th, 2012 (06:35 PM). Edited March 28th, 2012 by vaporeon7.
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
OHHH. And I'm delving into my little mind trying to think of a good event. It's been a crazy year and I haven't had time to post any, and I didn't want repeat events like the St. Patrick's Day event from last year. This event won't have anything to do with the Get Together this year though, don't worry. ...Or worry. Whichever you want.
The next event should be Swablu/Altaria solo challenges or Swablu/Altraia mono-species runs, seeing as it is the challenge mascot and everything :3c
Old March 28th, 2012 (07:35 PM). Edited March 30th, 2012 by Alli.
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

You're only saying that cause u mad I'm RNGing Swablu for the challenge. XD It's only fair though! You stole my sheepy, so I will take fluffy challenge bird. :)

Quote:
lol at thread title change. Score one for Went. What are you gonna do, Syd? Payback time is now.
Payback is Went having to deal with my constant reporting in my forums. XD I can get REAL payback when I'm back on staff. ;)

Edit: Ah, revenge is sweet, you guys.
Old March 30th, 2012 (10:12 PM).
Crystal Tier

On the topic of event ideas, I was thinking about an event for Cinco de Mayo. Ludicolos for everyone

Oh, and new thread title made me lol.

Old March 31st, 2012 (08:59 AM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

I was thinking of one for summer, but you saying that gave me a whole new idea. btw, next event will likely be in June. The Save the Pokemon event last year was in May when everyone had finals and I felt bad because not a lot of people finished or had the time to do it lol. :(
Old March 31st, 2012 (11:32 AM).
Crystal Tier

I was thinking of one for summer, but you saying that gave me a whole new idea. btw, next event will likely be in June. The Save the Pokemon event last year was in May when everyone had finals and I felt bad because not a lot of people finished or had the time to do it lol. :(
Which is when I'll have mid-year exams...

Well I think I have plenty of time to do challenges now, being confined to a bed for a month and such.
Old March 31st, 2012 (09:24 PM).
Doof

So.. heres my idea, probably thought of long ago but i want the feed back xD dont be harsh btw xD

Challenge: you gotta beat the gym leaders with the pokemon they have and the E4 with the pokemon of the champion.

Also. when is the next Sydian-Made challenge XD
Old April 1st, 2012 (07:50 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

There was one similar, I think. Wasn't there a challenge at one time where you had to use the same type as the gym leader? For E4, you just use Pokemon you've used in gym fights, if memory serves. And next Sydian-made challenge will be in June. Well, that's events anyway. Never know when I decide to make a non-event challenge haha.

And Vappy, I feel so bad for you, I really do. :( I am gonna try to think of something I can do for you. Can't guarantee it'll be much, but I just feel like I should do something, cause all my Swablus are special. :( And I don't like it when one of them is sick.
Old April 1st, 2012 (08:39 PM).
Doof

Ahh! well thank you very much Sydian! i look forward to your next challenge!
Old April 2nd, 2012 (10:57 AM).
Crystal Tier

And Vappy, I feel so bad for you, I really do. :( I am gonna try to think of something I can do for you. Can't guarantee it'll be much, but I just feel like I should do something, cause all my Swablus are special. :( And I don't like it when one of them is sick.
Really? For me? Thank you so much. I just need to decide on some challenges to do right now. I think I'll have one where I do really quick and easy updates for and another that I do long detailed updates for. Maybe a Swablu solo or something, that'd be entertaining.
Old April 3rd, 2012 (12:54 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Speaking of Swablu, that on I did for the RNG club I think I'll rename to Challenges because lololol. :)

happily received
Old April 3rd, 2012 (02:21 PM).
Crystal Tier

For my Swablu solo should I play until I can catch one or hack one at the start. Also what should I name it?
Old April 3rd, 2012 (02:22 PM).
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
Use level 1 pokemon against the elite four. I would love to do that, but don't have a tragedy.

Old April 4th, 2012 (11:25 AM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Just hack one in, because that's three gyms without a Swablu and that'd be a lot of catching up to do when you finally do get one.

happily received
Old April 6th, 2012 (10:38 AM).
Come and get me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime
Hey Sydian this probarly a mod's only thing I'm going to ask but is there a way to acces the archive with all of the old challenges threads that you can't find just in the challenges forum?
Old April 6th, 2012 (12:20 PM).
Monotype Master
Gold Tier

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by infersaime:
Hey Sydian this probarly a mod's only thing I'm going to ask but is there a way to acces the archive with all of the old challenges threads that you can't find just in the challenges forum?
You can change the date range of the forum to "From the beginning", and that gives you every page of every thread ever created. the default date range is a month.

Go to the Display Options at the bottom of the forum and you'll see drop down menu boxes.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old April 6th, 2012 (12:23 PM).
delete and rewrite me
Super Moderator
CS

Quote:
What JD said should work. Or did you mean challenge threads made before the challenge forum was made? Also, old challenge events are archived in the FAQ. Just make sure you're not reviving these older challenges when you find them, please.
Old April 6th, 2012 (12:29 PM).
Come and get me

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to infersaime

What JD said should work. Or did you mean challenge threads made before the challenge forum was made? Also, old challenge events are archived in the FAQ. Just make sure you're not reviving these older challenges when you find them, please.
I wouldn't revive them thanks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links