The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Honeyman

Hey guys. Long time no see. I got a couple things to say, so listen up.

I will thankfully be getting a new laptop soon, so I could participate in challenges again. Bad news is that all my files would be gone, so if I were to continue a challenge, I would have to start over.

In other news, April is coming up, and I have no idea what to do for that month. I got a complaint about how the last 2 months were too similar, so I want something different that is still April themed. I thank you for your time.

Supporter of crappy banners

Last edited by Honeyman; March 26th, 2013 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
When I think of April, I think of rainbows. Do a rainbow challenge, where you have to have a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple Pokemon?
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Tell them to stop complaining lmao. This is why I don't put events too close together, cause I mean, if you look at them, they are generally very similar. ;( It doesn't seem to similar when they're spread out.

Also, I think there was a rainbow challenge floating around somewhere. You could search for it and get ideas from there.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:22 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Do an April Fool's Challenge. Pokémon must have Prankster, or know Trick, Switcheroo, Foul Play, etc.
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

And make them have one fish Pokemon! For Poisson d'Avril! :3
Old March 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

I still think for an event challenge we should do who can go through a game and see the least amount of Pokémon. You'd have to skip a lot of trainers.
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old March 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecrumWarrior View Post
So, I finished my first play through of Ruby Version within the last 2 weeks, so I'm looking to start a challenge in Hoenn for the first time! Not sure where I should start, but I want to do a Monotype, but I'm not sure what type I should do, especially since I'm not familiar with the Pokemon of the region. The types I don't want to do, because I'm doing them in other games at the moment, are Bug, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dragon, and Fighting. So any cool suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.
Old March 29th, 2013, 08:03 PM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
So in my challenge I'm at, I gotta get my last Pokemon for the team. Which unfortunately happens to be Feebas... It's really hard to get him in Ruby... ><!
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Rewy
untitled follower

Yeah... dem feebasses.
Reason why I've never used a Milotic before Gen5 is because the evolution/hard to find. I found my tile on Emerald eventually (TW challenge) and spent half my game time basically then growing berries.

★shiny Litleo - found on Route 22 ( named Rira in katakana )
★shiny Gulpin - found on Route 5 (horde) ( basic JP pokemon name )
★shiny Wingull - found on Route 8 (horde) (named Peeko-chan in katakana)
★shiny Furfrou - hunting ~12100+/??? eggs (masuda method) I gave up... will trade shine 4 shiny... please?
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
LiteSandwich
"Tutturu~♪"

Ahh Feebas,the sneaky little fish.what I wonder is why that fish fixed on one SPECIFIC tile in the game?
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

Actually the tile (at least in Emerald) changes every time the Trendy Phrase thing updated. I never bothered on 4th gen to find one, but I think that was dependent on the day change. (Also it might've been 3 specific tiles, but you're usually just happy enough to find one, right?)

edit -
I feel so lazy on typing up updates even though I beat Wallace in my TW challenge last night... trying to think if I'll bother with Steven for lulz or not before actually copying my notepad scribbles (team levels and stuff).

★shiny Litleo - found on Route 22 ( named Rira in katakana )
★shiny Gulpin - found on Route 5 (horde) ( basic JP pokemon name )
★shiny Wingull - found on Route 8 (horde) (named Peeko-chan in katakana)
★shiny Furfrou - hunting ~12100+/??? eggs (masuda method) I gave up... will trade shine 4 shiny... please?
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Only took me 386 hours to do (sped up)

http://imgur.com/gh13Sm2
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:23 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Only took me 386 hours to do (sped up)

http://imgur.com/gh13Sm2
Nicely done! What's next for you? I need more monocolor challengers...

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, on hold
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think a ground monotype would be good. You could use Swampert for your starter then. And if you're like me and like to have a Pokémon with fly, you have Flygon.
I agree with the Ground monotype. For me Hoenn is an awesome region for monotypes because all of its Pokemon have some pretty cool type combinations. If you do Ground you would have access to Swampert, Camerupt, Flygon, Claydol, and Whiscash which are all pretty fun Pokemon to use. I would also recommend Fighting even though you said you didn't want to do it because you could use Blaziken/Breloom/Medicham/Hariyama.
Old March 30th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Necrum

Yeah, Ground does sound pretty good. And don't get me wrong, I do want to do Fighting in Hoenn, lots of cool fighting types, but I would rather only do one game per type at a time. Black is really nice for Fighting, because you can get more than half your team before the 2nd gym, and one of them is your starter.
Old March 30th, 2013, 06:09 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
Nicely done! What's next for you? I need more monocolor challengers...
Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Honeyman

So I decided to base my challenge off of April Fools. Though I need a way to make the challenge be possible in every gen.

Old March 30th, 2013, 11:31 PM
SuperKirbyFan
Weedle trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Right now I'm streaming my Pokemon marathon, which this is a part of, so more of that. I need to finish all these games that I'm really close on. There's like 8ish that I'm pretty close to beating, and I've only beaten 1 (Blue. Still have contests to do in Sapphire here.)
How long have you not been the OP of the Solo Challenge? Apparently its been way too long since I was here.
Old March 31st, 2013, 07:21 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Not too long, but it happens, the owners gradually get lazy and threads go to good homes with OPs that will love them and update them all the time.
Old March 31st, 2013, 08:11 AM
LilJz
Make me your Aphrodite
Community Supporter

I spent two days not progressing in my challenge and hunting for Feebas. Ugh, can't believe I actually have to get him >.<
Old March 31st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

I had a whole week to make progress on challenges, and that didn't happen. :( I did more in my regular playthrough of Black 2 than anything. I did get to Opelucid though in White 2...and in White...I...beat Bianca and that was it. Someone just doesn't wanna do Chargestone Cave! All my games are like...really close. They're almost all in the same place. lol :(
Old March 31st, 2013, 10:33 AM
Necrum

I know that feel, Syd, both my black and black 2 are at desert resort, which I really, really don't want to do. And my white 2 is in nimbasa city, so I'm in much the Se boat as you when it comes to Unova.
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

The Time Warp Challenge now features 4 new Eras <3

I had an entire day to do challenges but spent it on css tutorials and giving a facelift to all the challenges I'm running o.o

I honestly hope the old owner of the time warp challenge doesn't get mad at me taking over .-. or even want it back >.< I enjoy running it and I'd have a hard time parting with it >.<

though I'm not sure where previous owners stand regarding their old challenges o.O can they get them back if the current owner's actively tending to them? x.x

P.S. I'm sorry Emerald Players doing Renaissance have to get through the getting a Milotic struggle T-T I'm open to suggestions regarding another Pokémon for that Era .-.

BTW, Honeyman, I never got to thank you in person for the Egyptian Era suggestion back when I took over the Challenge o.o I did add your name to the Special Thanks section though o.o

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Honeyman

I read that, and I was like "They took my suggestion... I don't know if I should feel honoured or upset I wasn't credited". Though thanks for crediting me.

Edit: I got another era idea. Ancient China. It could mostly be based off of Ninjas and Samurais.

Last edited by Honeyman; March 31st, 2013 at 12:55 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links