Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 5th, 2013 (06:28 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Wonder Trade Challenge-
This can only be done in X/Y

-Capture 6 pokemon as soon as you can, trade them all off and for the pokemon you get in return is your team for the rest of the game.
-Enjoy
We've been discussing this on this whole page basically...lol
paired to diddy

Old November 5th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
H...hello Pokemon world. I'm back o.o

And I'm liking the sailor moon and Wonder trade challenge. Also seeing this talk about the gender discrimination challenge makes me wanna try it
I'll be on my way to currently be doing 4 challenge at the same time
Old November 5th, 2013 (07:47 PM).
Alli
kong

I wanna do Wonder Trade, but I need to make my first XY challenge the new Favorite Challenge, and Y will be my challenge game. So that's a wait.

Someone made the Plushie Challenge that I've been wanting to make forEVER and never had time for and it's so perfect and they even gave me a shout out kinda thing in the thread and I was just like OHHH MY BIRDS ARE SO PRESH ;o; I'm definitely gonna do that some time. I might do that in gen V since I only have one gen VI plushie and I just got done using it in X anyway, haha. I have a White and White 2 that are basically free for restarting since they were used on challenges that ended/I gave up on.
paired to diddy

Old November 7th, 2013 (05:24 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I forgot if you already answered this question, Syd. But work with me here :C

Are we getting an event for Christmas or something? Maybe Valentine's day instead? :C
Old November 9th, 2013 (02:03 AM).
Janp
Audino master

Damn, my challenge was approved and I even couldn't thanks Sydian So, few days late, Sydian, thank you for approval and I hope you'll enjoy my challenge...
Old November 10th, 2013 (06:50 AM).
Rewy
untitled follower

Evening all! \o/
Just finished re-reading tons of things on this forum and I'm still trying to catch up. I haven't even had the time to properly play my Pokemon X. (I've been re-starting it about 17 times by now...) Other than university being an ass to my free time, I've now managed to tone down IRL drama too, so I can actually spend time by playing games again. :D
Time to plan challenge ideas... (and to find someone to trade a starter or two with. Time zones hate me.)

I actually love that Sailor Moon challenge idea. <3 Much fun would be had with it and I already had trouble deciding which sort of team to make up. :D

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old November 10th, 2013 (08:00 AM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Rewy:
Evening all! \o/
Just finished re-reading tons of things on this forum and I'm still trying to catch up. I haven't even had the time to properly play my Pokemon X. (I've been re-starting it about 17 times by now...) Other than university being an ass to my free time, I've now managed to tone down IRL drama too, so I can actually spend time by playing games again. :D
Time to plan challenge ideas... (and to find someone to trade a starter or two with. Time zones hate me.)

I actually love that Sailor Moon challenge idea. <3 Much fun would be had with it and I already had trouble deciding which sort of team to make up. :D

Welcome back, Rewy xD
I hope you remember you signed up for some of my challenges before you went MIA xD
Oh and there's a lot of new ones around too ^-^
Glad to see you back

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old November 10th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
Rewy
untitled follower

Yeah, I do remember. ;_;
University and IRL-drama are just too cruel. And I'm the kind of person who doesn't want to play pokemon when I'm on a bad mood or falling apart. (Also to spare you all from all the rants I've had.)

I'll be catching up on things. I've only now during this week had time to catch up on any kind of game news, even though I'm on the game-dev courses in Uni.
*goes to hunt starters*

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Old November 10th, 2013 (02:23 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Playing Pokemon with my friend's little brother actually made me drift away from my problems I had a few months ago
Old November 10th, 2013 (02:39 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
Are we getting an event for Christmas or something? Maybe Valentine's day instead? :C
Ummm I might do a Christmas event, if we can get some ideas flowing, since I don't want to do the same things we've done before. If we don't have a Christmas event though, I will probably try to think of something for January, and if not that, I'm for sure making an Easter challenge that will go up in March, regardless of whether or not Easter is even in March next year (sometimes it's April, but for the sake of events, I'll put it in March). So yeah! Tentative schedule, of course. If you guys want a Christmas event, I'm all ears for ideas. :) I don't have anything on my mind at the moment, so it's a blank slate.
paired to diddy

Old November 10th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I'm all for helping you for making challenge events, Syd!
Can you fill me in in a nutshell what sort of rules the past Christmas events had to make sure we don't come up with the same ideas
Old November 10th, 2013 (10:06 PM).
Necrum
Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Nature: Adamant
Hannukah challenge. Just sayin. Something different from the usual rigamarole but still related to the season. I remember last year's was really rushed and kinda lackluster. That being said I did really want to play it, lol.

So, I have been tasked with reforming the Delta Species challenge into something that actually resembles Delta Species TCG set. The core of it will rely on a randomizer and an emulator just like the original, but with more appropriate options used for the process. I do, however, need a way to allow players who don't use emulators to play. So I was hoping some of you could help me come up with a few ideas. For those of you who don't know, Delta Species is a very unusual TCG set which contains Pokemon who are typed to the contrary of their traditional typing. Kingdra becomes fire type and such. Easy to impliment with hacking, but not as easy with carts.
Old November 11th, 2013 (11:58 AM). Edited November 11th, 2013 by The Dark Avenger.
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

I have three celebrations based mostly on the artifacts and symbols of each holiday.

Christmas
(Tree Decorations)

1) Tree - Any pokemon resembling or growing tree/branches.
Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Shiftry, Abomasnow, Torterra, Sawsbuck, Chestnaught, and Trevenant

2) Garland - Any Flower-Bearing Pokemon. Must learn Petal Dance or Petal Blizzard.
Venusaur, Bellosom, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Roserade, Cherrim, Maractus, Meganium, Vileplume, Florges, Lilligant

3) Tinsel - Any Serpetine-bodied Pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_body_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies

4) Lights - Any electric pokemon.

5) Bulb Ornaments - Any Pokémon consisting of only a head

Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Voltorb. Electrode, Koffing, Ditto, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Silcoon, Cascoon, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Shuppet, Glalie, Clamperl, Mismagius, Bronzor, Rotom, Whirlipede, Cottonee, Solosion, Duosion, Ferroseed, Cryogonal, Shelmet, Carbink, Klefki.

6) Angel Topper- Any fairy pokemon (Fairy type XY or fairy egg group other generations).

Kwanza
(The 7 Symbols)

1) Mazao (The Crops) - Pokemon that grow vegetation.
Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Torterra (seeds), Snover/Abomasnow, (snoverberries), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).

2) Kinara (The Candles Holders) - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magcargo, Magmortar, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, Chandelure.

3) Mkeka (The Mat) - Greninja (Mat Block)
Previous gens, any pokemon that learns reflect, barrier, or light screen by level-up.

4) Bendera (The flag) - Yanmega, Basculin, Flygon, Xatu, Cradily, Reuniclus, Siglyph, Tyranitar, Vivillion (Archipelago and Garden Patterns), Gogoat, Florges (Red), Hawlucha, and Trevenant. (Have a red, green, black component to color palette.)

5) Zawadi (The Gifts) - Gift Pokemon, gifted fossil, or in-game trade.

6) Kikombe cha Umoja - (The Unity Cup) - Pokemon must have the ability rain dish, sap sipper, or hydration.

Hanukkah
(Festival of Lights)

1) Menora - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magmortar, Magcargo, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, and Chandelure.

2) Dreidel - Pokemon must learn Rapid Spin or Triple kick.

3) Star of David - Starmie, Crawdaunt, Solrock, Luxray, Volcarona, Geninja, Furfrou (Star Trim Only)
Must learn either swift, cosmic power, sunny day, flash, or water shuriken

4) Jelly-Filled Doughnuts - Exeggutor (eggs), Chansey/Blissey (eggs), Togetic/Togekiss (Eggs), Miltank (milk), Ludicolo (fruit), Tropius (fruit), Cherrim (fruit), Snover/Abomasnow (fruit), Vanilluxe (Cream), Slurpuff (Sugar), Gogoat (milk drink)

5) All work is forbidden - One pokemon must learn rest or slack-off by level-up/breeding.

6) Blue and White/Silver - Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Poliwrath, Lapras, Kingdra, Jumpluff, Azumarill, Gyarados, Dragonair, Vaporeon, Heracross, Swanna, Medite, Pelipper, Glalie, Altaria, Wailord, Walrein, Rampardos, Lucario, Samurott, Crygonal, Simipour, Jellicent (male), Beartic, Swoobat, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Pachirisu, Meowstic, Greninja, Aurorus,

Some of these examples are loosely based on concept. For example, Staryu/Starmie (barring legendaries such as Jirachi), are the only star pokemon. However, the other pokemon listed have a star design or are based on the sun (a star) or constellations. Allowing for the participant to be able to participate in a challenge using the game version of their choice. Otherwise, the challenge would be too restrictive and everyone would be using the same pokemon.

Also, I tried doing this quickly, so I didn't get all of the pre-evolution options up here.
Old November 11th, 2013 (12:20 PM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Fenneking:

Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).
Grotle and Torterra grow seeds on the vegetation on their backs and Snover grow berries on their body(at least acording to the anime >.>)

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old November 11th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Quote originally posted by KagamiChan:
Grotle and Torterra grow seeds on the vegetation on their backs and Snover grow berries on their body(at least acording to the anime >.>)
Great, thanks! I will add those to the list.
Old November 11th, 2013 (06:20 PM).
Pikabowser123
The Jack of all Trades

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Wonder Trade Challenge-
This can only be done in X/Y

-Capture 6 pokemon as soon as you can, trade them all off and for the pokemon you get in return is your team for the rest of the game.
-Enjoy
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
We've been discussing this on this whole page basically...lol
Yeah, That was me that posted it and made the thread waiting for it to be accepted.
Old November 11th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Fenneking:
I have three celebrations based mostly on the artifacts and symbols of each holiday.

Christmas
(Tree Decorations)

1) Tree - Any pokemon resembling or growing tree/branches.
Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Shiftry, Abomasnow, Torterra, Sawsbuck, Chestnaught, and Trevenant

2) Garland - Any Flower-Bearing Pokemon. Must learn Petal Dance or Petal Blizzard.
Venusaur, Bellosom, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Roserade, Cherrim, Maractus, Meganium, Vileplume, Florges, Lilligant

3) Tinsel - Any Serpetine-bodied Pokemon
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_body_style#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_serpentine_bodies

4) Lights - Any electric pokemon.

5) Bulb Ornaments - Any Pokémon consisting of only a head

Shellder, Cloyster, Gastly, Voltorb. Electrode, Koffing, Ditto, Sunkern, Misdreavus, Unown, Pineco, Forretress, Silcoon, Cascoon, Lunatone, Solrock, Castform, Shuppet, Glalie, Clamperl, Mismagius, Bronzor, Rotom, Whirlipede, Cottonee, Solosion, Duosion, Ferroseed, Cryogonal, Shelmet, Carbink, Klefki.

6) Angel Topper- Any fairy pokemon (Fairy type XY or fairy egg group other generations).

Kwanza
(The 7 Symbols)

Exeggutor (coconuts), Sunflora (sunflower seeds) Amoongus (Mushroom), Parasect (Mushroom), Breloom (Mushroom), Tropius (Bananas), Torterra (seeds), Snover/Abomasnow, (snoverberries), Cherrim (Cherry), Gourgeist (Pumpkin), Chestnaught (Chestnuts).

2) Kinara (The Candles Holders) - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magcargo, Magmortar, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, Chandelure.

3) Mkeka (The Mat) - Greninja (Mat Block)
Previous gens, any pokemon that learns reflect, barrier, or light screen by level-up.

4) Bendera (The flag) - Yanmega, Basculin, Flygon, Xatu, Cradily, Reuniclus, Siglyph, Tyranitar, Vivillion (Archipelago and Garden Patterns), Gogoat, Florges (Red), Hawlucha, and Trevenant. (Have a red, green, black component to color palette.)

5) Zawadi (The Gifts) - Gift Pokemon, gifted fossil, or in-game trade.

6) Kikombe cha Umoja - (The Unity Cup) - Pokemon must have the ability rain dish, sap sipper, or hydration.

Hanukkah
(Festival of Lights)

1) Menora - Any flamed pokemon.
Charizard, Rapidash, Magmortar, Magcargo, Typhlosion, Infernape, Darmatian, Emboar, Pyroar, and Chandelure.

2) Dreidel - Pokemon must learn Rapid Spin or Triple kick.

3) Star of David - Starmie, Crawdaunt, Solrock, Luxray, Volcarona, Geninja, Furfrou (Star Trim Only)
Must learn either swift, cosmic power, sunny day, flash, or water shuriken

4) Jelly-Filled Doughnuts - Exeggutor (eggs), Chansey/Blissey (eggs), Togetic/Togekiss (Eggs), Miltank (milk), Ludicolo (fruit), Tropius (fruit), Cherrim (fruit), Snover/Abomasnow (fruit), Vanilluxe (Cream), Slurpuff (Sugar), Gogoat (milk drink)

5) All work is forbidden - One pokemon must learn rest or slack-off by level-up/breeding.

6) Blue and White/Silver - Blastoise, Nidoqueen, Poliwrath, Lapras, Kingdra, Jumpluff, Azumarill, Gyarados, Dragonair, Vaporeon, Heracross, Swanna, Medite, Pelipper, Glalie, Altaria, Wailord, Walrein, Rampardos, Lucario, Samurott, Crygonal, Simipour, Jellicent (male), Beartic, Swoobat, Vanilluxe, Froslass, Pachirisu, Meowstic, Greninja, Aurorus,

Some of these examples are loosely based on concept. For example, Staryu/Starmie (barring legendaries such as Jirachi), are the only star pokemon. However, the other pokemon listed have a star design or are based on the sun (a star) or constellations. Allowing for the participant to be able to participate in a challenge using the game version of their choice. Otherwise, the challenge would be too restrictive and everyone would be using the same pokemon.

Also, I tried doing this quickly, so I didn't get all of the pre-evolution options up here.
That sounds cool! To be different, people could run the challenge depending on which holiday they celebrate
Old November 13th, 2013 (12:39 PM).
Jak
daяk εco frεak

I like what Fenneking has up so far. I'll look into it more. I'm on a break for the week, but I have free time rn and just wanted to pop in...on an alt, naturally. But yeah! Also, for future reference, if you want to come up with ideas that don't clash with previous events, especially for the ones that are for the same holiday/occasion, the FAQ has a list of all previous events with links to their threads, so you can review them there. :)

チュリネ
The leaves on its head grow right back even if they fall out.
These bitter leaves refresh those who eat them. Unless you're a rude ho.
Old November 13th, 2013 (04:21 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Is Petilil, my lovely Syd?
Old November 13th, 2013 (04:53 PM).
Necrum
Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

So, is no one gonna help me, or...?
Old November 13th, 2013 (04:58 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by NecrumWarrior:
So, is no one gonna help me, or...?
I just read your post, sorry!

Uhmm... is it possible for them to learn moves based on that type?

Let's say Kingdra learn a fire base move? That way people who doesn't use emulators can play it that way.
Old November 17th, 2013 (12:42 PM). Edited November 17th, 2013 by Alli.
Alli
kong

Quote:
Yeah, That was me that posted it and made the thread waiting for it to be accepted.
Do you plan on posting it soon? I don't see it waiting for approval and I have like...4 Wonder Trade-esque challenges sitting here waiting on approval, and it's getting a bit tiring telling people that someone else is making it and it's not there yet. If you submitted it and I missed it, let me know. I have 13 challenges currently waiting on approval as I type this... ~_~ I'm never taking a break again, lmao.

edit: I'M SO SICK OF LOCKE VARIANTS SOME OF YOU ARE TRYING TO DRIVE ME MAD :(((((
paired to diddy

Old November 17th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
it's even more depressing to think if the people involved are even visiting the unapproved challenges thread and reading the comments or not

...heck, it's even questionable for this thread. Hang in there, Syd.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old November 17th, 2013 (08:36 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

You can do it Syd. You're a great mod, ever tried getting help for another mod helping you out for the challenge thread?
Old November 17th, 2013 (09:03 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
it's even more depressing to think if the people involved are even visiting the unapproved challenges thread and reading the comments or not
I think what happens is that people just join and see this forum and think they have an amazing original idea and they think they're some sort of special snowflake, so they submit the thread without reading the rules, FAQ, or even understanding that the forum requires thread approval...and then they never come back to even read that their challenge was unapproved. :P It's silly, but that's my theory, cause a lot of the ones that don't get approved are from people that have just joined, aren't regulars, or I never see them again.

Quote:
You can do it Syd. You're a great mod, ever tried getting help for another mod helping you out for the challenge thread?
Checking everyday usually keeps it tame, but I was gone for a week and none of the other staff members really get how things are run in here, so they just leave it alone, even though some of them could text me if they had a question...so that piled on a ton of threads to check. It's no big deal though, just the largest amount I've ever come back to. XD The previous champion was 8 threads after being in London for a week.
paired to diddy

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links