Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 16th, 2013 (11:20 AM).
Blastin'Tyruntz
Float away...to a world of joy...

Nature: Calm
Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old December 16th, 2013 (02:47 PM). Edited December 16th, 2013 by Alli.
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Is this a general talk? If it is, i'm doing a Fire Sacred gold (Heart gold hack) monotype, i can't beat Chuck because of the stupid Poliwrath with Surf. Anyone has a startegy?
Really could help me, i wanted to do ultimate but i was afraid of this kind of things, the only ultimate i did in my life ended in failure at Pokemon Black after i came with no healing to N....dang. Anyway, back to topic, how can i defeat a That crazy-ass poliwrath?
Well, what do you have? And what challenge are you doing?

Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)
paired to diddy

Old December 17th, 2013 (08:29 AM).
James
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by Guy:
That's an amazing feat you've got going and a great challenge to set for yourself. I wish you a lot of luck on it. You've already done better than me, I just don't have the patience to catch 'em all anymore. Or the time!

I moved this on over here to the Challenges forum since it didn't exactly fit in X/Y entirely, but I'm sure Everlark can merge it into the DCC here where it'd probably fit a lot better.
I cool. When i saw that the thread was gone i thought it had been deleted. Thanks for moving it to where it belonged
Old December 17th, 2013 (09:55 AM).
Necrum
Golden Bonnie

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Everlark:

Edit: -walks in with cane- Anyone want a trip in challenge history? So far into history, it's a challenge before this forum? Stumbled across this... http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194578 (Don't post in it!!)
Wow that's an interesting challenge I would never put myself through.
Old December 17th, 2013 (01:22 PM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

LOL!

Quote originally posted by NecrumWarrior:
Wow that's an interesting challenge I would never put myself through.
Are you EFFIN KIDDING ME PAIR?!? I'd CUT my way to victory! And ROCK SMASH all of my enemies then FLASH my victories about, to show my STRENGTH while DIVING in the crowd, enjoying a WATERFALL of applause until a WHIRLPOOL forms in my mind and then I'll ROCK CLIMB my way out of the crowd to DEFOG my brain and then my awesome team and I will FLY into the sunset and forever be champions! *-*

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old December 17th, 2013 (01:37 PM).
Alli
kong

Kagami has the spirit! I did actually finish that lmao. It was hard, actually. Maybe I'll post it again someday.
paired to diddy

Old December 17th, 2013 (01:40 PM).
Lulu
Yep, that tasted purple.
Community Supporter

I think I'll play it for the sake of playing it at some point xD

"The best path between two points is upside-down, between, then inside-out and round again."
Old December 17th, 2013 (01:55 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old December 17th, 2013 (02:01 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
I was thinking of creating an Egglocke challenge, and i was wondering if someone here has participated in one or maybe even created one and has some experience with it? Since it would require for me to create a whole bunch of eggs beforehand and all that, maybe you guys have some advice for me?
My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.
paired to diddy

Old December 17th, 2013 (02:17 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

My advice would be good luck. Lockes are popular, and since Egglocke is different enough from a regular Nuzlocke, I'd allow it to have its own thread. But like I said, it'd be popular, so if you're not around to trade eggs very often, I wouldn't make it, or assign trusted participants to also send eggs out to other players.

Also, I recommend making it for XY only, or BW2 only. Making it for all wifi compatible games would be a huge hassle because you'd have to have a bunch of eggs in more than one gen and that can get annoying.
First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?

Old December 17th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
First of all thanks a lot! What i actually thought of doing, just to make it easier, would be to create a save file for either B2 or W2 and have most of the boxes full with Eggs created on Pokegen or similar. That way everyone can play at their pace and all i had to do would be to provide a .sav file and thats about it. Or wouldnt i be allowed to provide a .sav file?
Yes, that's fine with me since this is one of those challenges that would rely on something like that. I've allowed hacked eggs before in the Scrambled Egg Challenge before, so this just falls into that category imo.

Also everyone, make sure you vote in the MOTY ballot for Challenges! It's stickied and severly lacking in participation. You only need to vote in two categories for it to count. That's not asking too much, is it? -puppy eyes-
paired to diddy

Old December 17th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Alright awesome!! Ill get started on creating the eggs then :D
And of course ill go ahead and vote as well

Old December 17th, 2013 (04:20 PM).
JayD
I‘m not going to die. Because I’m the one who will protect you.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
More people to join the challenge section = More participation in challenges
More participation in challenges = More people
More people = More challenge created
More challenge created = More active
More active = More participation in MOTY for Challenge section :D
Old December 17th, 2013 (04:31 PM).
Alli
kong

So Challenges is basically economics!
paired to diddy

Old December 17th, 2013 (10:10 PM).
Dr Rose

Nature: Quirky
I would vote but... haven't been here more than a couple weeks, so I'll sit out for now
Old December 19th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
JayD
Community Supporter

So uhm, I signed up for the Gender Discrimination challenge but it seems that it might get locked soon because it's been more than a month no one has posted in it. So should I bother with the challenge or not? Because I don't know what to do if I wanna post an update but I'm the last person who posted in that thread @_@
Old December 20th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
So uhm, I signed up for the Gender Discrimination challenge but it seems that it might get locked soon because it's been more than a month no one has posted in it. So should I bother with the challenge or not? Because I don't know what to do if I wanna post an update but I'm the last person who posted in that thread @_@
Two months is the rule in here, so you can post if the last post was at least two months ago. It'd be great if you could, because I'm still doing that one too and I'd hate to make a new thread just to finish it. ~_~ But if it is past the deadline, I'll make a new one. I wanna finish mine, just don't have the time because I'm working double shifts all the time now and it's terrible and satanic.
paired to diddy

Old December 21st, 2013 (09:43 AM).
JayD
Community Supporter

Started my Gender Discrimination challenge and caught a Wurmple, leveled it to 7 and it transformed into a Cascoon, ugh. So I tried getting a female Wurmple with the correct personality value and I just happen to run into a female Surskit. So I caught that one instead because I never played with one and it's rare to find also, 1% chance of encounter yay :D
Old December 23rd, 2013 (01:05 PM).
Necrum
Golden Bonnie

Should be almost time for a new Favorites challenge, huh?
Old December 23rd, 2013 (07:31 PM).
JayD
Community Supporter

Is it dead? I didn't even realize, since I never followed that challenge, lmao :C
Old December 24th, 2013 (12:53 PM).
Necrum
Golden Bonnie

No there's a new version for each new game, and since X and Y has been out for a bit and Pokemon Bank about to come out it's about time for the next one.
Old December 24th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
JayD
Community Supporter

True, true

And I already got like 3-4 challenges going but I wanna start another one already. Seriously, challenges are harder to quit than smoking...
Old December 24th, 2013 (01:28 PM).
Alli
kong

Yeah, I'm gonna make it on Dec 27 to go with Pokemon Bank's release. I might go ahead and make it tomorrow though since I'll probably get Y then and I don't know if I can wait for Bank any longer. I mean, we'd be close enough! But yeah, XY Favorite Challenge is on its way. :)
paired to diddy

Old December 24th, 2013 (02:42 PM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Would it be possible to keep Gen V in the mix? Only way people can currently play X/Y is on a 3DS. No emulator unlike for previous gens.

But I don't really have a strong opinion on that, it is more a suggestion.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old December 25th, 2013 (01:10 PM).
Necrum
Golden Bonnie

I'll be down for the Favorites Challenge as soon as I pick up a new copy of X. Can't wait to use Pokemon Bank!

Sponsored Links