The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:20 PM
The Dark Avenger
Eye-Catching

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Haha. No, I didn't see a hint of lioness in your response. ROWR!

Oh, another question I had was for a challenge. How would a roleplay/challenge hybrid go over?

Would there be enough interest for a group, every once in a while to play through a game together.

The premise could be, a group of challengers complete one badge per week of the same game, or at least generation. Based off the choices they make, the Game Master would then devise consequences for the player to abide by, while allowing the player to make a character and own storyline. And if a player drop out, the Game Master could easily "off" the character in the storyline for that week.

I guess to me, challenges, though fun, are a solo games. This would be a more interactive alternative if anyone is interested.

Retrodex Sprites
|D&D Forum|??? (coming soon)
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:26 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

Nature: Timid
Normally, I'm iffy about challenges that rely too heavily on one person, but if you could find a way to make that work (maybe swap game masters every so often?) and enough people interested, then I'm sure it could go well. I myself wouldn't do it, but if anyone else expresses interest, you should work out a way to make it happen. :)

Quote:
Haha. No, I didn't see a hint of lioness in your response. ROWR!
OKAY GOOD. I know I have a tendency to sound mean when I'm not trying to though, so that was more for everyone to know haha. Cotton dragon birds don't roar and bite~

Blood will have blood.
paired to klippy, mr. downstairs, and elheroeoscuro
Old March 4th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Necrum
The most dapper evil genius

Oh great, ANOTHER mod hanging out in Challenges!

Jk jk.

Anyway, I may have room for the event challenge soon, as I am very near completing my Favorite Challenge now.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Natnew

a challenge where all pokemon must know the same move?
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old March 5th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

It's always exciting when more mods come in here, because it's hard to ask for staff suggestions for things when none of them know a thing about this forum. :( It's really hard to leave the forum for a vacation or something because none of the higher staff really understand how this forum works so I come home to 10 threads and 734 PMs about WHERE'S MY THREAD and such. :(

But yes, everyone should go congratulate their fellow bird! Proud of you, Fenneking! :) You'll be great!

And Necrum, I'm really hoping you can join in on the event! I need to work on my Favorite Challenge as well, but idk, X&Y don't have high replay value for me. :/ I do plan on getting that free download of Y, just for an extra challenge slot.

Natnew, like a challenge where every team member must know a certain move or all four moves the same? I have though about the former, tbh.

Blood will have blood.
Old March 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Natnew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everlark View Post
It's always exciting when more mods come in here, because it's hard to ask for staff suggestions for things when none of them know a thing about this forum. It's really hard to leave the forum for a vacation or something because none of the higher staff really understand how this forum works so I come home to 10 threads and 734 PMs about WHERE'S MY THREAD and such.

But yes, everyone should go congratulate their fellow bird! Proud of you, Fenneking! You'll be great!

And Necrum, I'm really hoping you can join in on the event! I need to work on my Favorite Challenge as well, but idk, X&Y don't have high replay value for me. :/ I do plan on getting that free download of Y, just for an extra challenge slot.

Natnew, like a challenge where every team member must know a certain move or all four moves the same? I have though about the former, tbh.
sorry it wasn't clear. anyway, all pokemon with 4 of the same moves would be ridiculous.
Pichu Solo Run (post-game)
Budew Solo Run
friend safari: Bug (Paras, Vivilion, Masquerain) FC 2621-2615-8242
Old March 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

I know, right? Haha. Anyway yeah, I think that would be neat depending on the move. Maybe have at least two moves in common though, because a lot of Pokemon can have the same. Like if your move was Flamethrower, for example. That includes a lot of Pokemon. Maybe just up it by needing two moves in common, like Flamethrower and Body Slam or something. That limits it, but still leaves you a decent variety (Torkoal, Wigglytuff, Nidoqueen, etc.) ...Maybe not moves THAT powerful though idk.

Blood will have blood.
Old March 8th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
I just submitted a challenge, waiting for approval, I hope it's good enough for y'all to enjoy :3

Old March 10th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

-strolls in- hey guys what's new with you oh me nothing new just showing off my NEW USERNAME

and crying because i don't have my charger to play my ds or 3ds but hey new name

Blood will have blood.
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Necrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
-strolls in- hey guys what's new with you oh me nothing new just showing off my NEW USERNAME

and crying because i don't have my charger to play my ds or 3ds but hey new name
Oh, you know, just chillin with my NEW HEARTGOLD, RED, AND CRYSTAL VERSIONS THAT GRIFFINBANE SENT ME! :D
Old March 10th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

THAT'S IT. We're throwing a party. The Name and Game party.

Blood will have blood.
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Griffinbane
I hate Smeargle.
Community Supporter

I love you too, Necrum. Oh, and mustn't forget Sydders.

White: 1463 5558 5309
X: 2208 5685 5454
- - - -
Old March 11th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Rewy
untitled follower

I have a curious question with what I've been tripping over the last few weeks while... doing something very "productive" in X... *coughs at signature*

I figured I'd ask here first, since it sort of relates to the TimeWarp challenge idea. (Which I'd love to do more, but I haven't had the time to get on computer properly for 5 months.)
This is mainly just for my own fun, a Japan and Folklore themed team to play through all the games...
I've tried to put down many of the japan oriented pokemon, trying to exclude the rest of the asian folklore from there. I'm just wondering if there's something that I haven't noticed or have excluded oddly.
So far I've got these - not commenting on the ones that seem obvious:
Spoiler:
  • Ninetales
  • Arcanine -(based on the Ryukyuan シーサー -shisa, or 狛犬 -komainu, mythical creatures inspired by lions, tigers, and dogs.)
  • Zoroark -(Kabuki and Noh actor markings.)
  • Espeon -(猫叉–Neko mata ("forked cat").)
  • Electabuzz -(Oni of the mountains was a horned ogre who wore tiger skin and was sometimes depicted as a god of lightning and thunder.)
  • Magmar -(It is likely based on 迦楼羅 -Karura, considering that its counterpart Electabuzz is based on an oni. )
  • Greninja
  • Samurott -(Characteristics of a samurai or shogun.)
  • Lombre -(Kappa.)
  • Hariyama -(Sumo wrestler.)
  • Shiftry -(Tengu.)
  • Mawile -(Based on the 二口女–Futakuchi-onna ("two-mouthed woman").)
  • Drowzee -(獏 -Baku are creatures who eat bad dreams of sleeping people.)
  • Musharna -(Seems to also share some inspiration from the myth of the baku, tapir-like creatures that eat dreams.)
  • Bronzong -(Based on 銅鐸 -dōtaku, Japanese bells which were believed to have been used to pray for good harvests. )
  • Jynx -(Based on the spirit 山姥 -Yama-uba ("mountain crone"). )
  • Froslass -( 雪女 -Yuki-onna ("snow woman").)
  • Snorunt - 雨降り小僧 -Ame-furi-kozo (literally "little rainfall boy"). )
  • Sneasel -(Based loosely on 鎌鼬 -Kamaitachi (literally "sickle weasel"). )
  • Pangoro -(番長 -Banchō, Japanese juvenile delinquent leaders.)
  • Shuppet -(It appears to be a てるてる坊主 -teru teru bōzu, a Japanese paper doll resembling a ghost.)
  • Banette -(An ordinary doll coming to life is similar to the 付喪神 -Tsukumogami. ("god of tool").)
  • Trevenant -(Probably based on 木霊 -kodama, the spirits of trees that sometimes inhabit old aged trees or the mountain dwelling 山童 - yamawarawa.)
  • Dusknoir -(A Japanese one-eyed mountain-dwelling creature named 山童 -yamawarawa may have been the inspiration for this Pokémon. Due to its rotund shape and single eye, it may also be based on the 提灯お化け -chōchin obake ("paper lantern ghost"). )
  • Chimecho -(Based on a Japanese 風鈴 -fūrin wind chime.

So.. yeah, I'd just want to hear some input on if I've missed something. I sort of excluded all "godzilla" lizards since that's more pop-culture/movies.

★shiny Litleo - found on Route 22 ( named Rira in katakana )
★shiny Gulpin - found on Route 5 (horde) ( basic JP pokemon name )
★shiny Wingull - found on Route 8 (horde) (named Peeko-chan in katakana)
★shiny Furfrou - hunting ~12100+/??? eggs (masuda method) I gave up... will trade shine 4 shiny... please?
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Blu·Ray
Manta Ray Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Blu·Ray
Hey guys,
I've been off the pokecommunity for a long time now No one in here probably knows me , but whilst playing through an old save of pokemon emerald I came up with an idea for a challenge:

The Baton Pass challenge
The basic premise of the challenge is:
  1. Every time a gym (might work better with 2 gyms) is beaten you pass on the save
  2. The next player then plays the save until (s)he has beaten his/her gym(s)
  3. Possible idea: you are only allowed to choose one pokemon to use in the team (i.e. Player1 chooses Rattata which has to be in team forever)
  • (Additional rules could be added, the challenge is just in the idea phase)
  • Please tell me what you think of this challenge, how to improve it, and if it has been done before, I'm terribly sorry

Old March 13th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Necrum

BEHOLD! I have come to liberate your Pokemon! Now bow before me peasants!
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Stargazer
This is the part when I break free.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Stargazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Ghetsis View Post
BEHOLD! I have come to liberate your Pokemon! Now bow before me peasants!
VOTE GHETSIS 2012! I MEAN, 2016!

OTHERWISE HE'LL HAVE KYUREM USE GLACIATE ON YOU!
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:50 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Gtfo Ghetsis, I beat you numerous times, don't make me do it again. I now have a 0 iv Magikarp with me.
Old March 13th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

If I knew anything about that, Rewy, I'd love to help out, but I don't know of anything you may have missed. :( Seems fun though, and I wish you luck with it! You'll have to let us know how it goes. :)

And for the rest of you, you're crazy. :)

Blood will have blood.
Old March 14th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

I just made a new challenge.

Jak, you better love it.

Old March 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Aw cool stuff, whats the challenge about Puddle? I really like the Game of Life one you made!

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Blu·Ray
Manta Ray Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Blu·Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniehej View Post
Hey guys,
I've been off the pokecommunity for a long time now No one in here probably knows me , but whilst playing through an old save of pokemon emerald I came up with an idea for a challenge:

The Baton Pass challenge
  1. Every time a gym (might work better with 2 gyms) is beaten you pass on the save
  3. Possible idea: you are only allowed to choose one pokemon to use in the team (i.e. Player1 chooses Rattata which has to be in team forever)
  • Please tell me what you think of this challenge, how to improve it, and if it has been done before, I'm terribly sorry
Any opinions on this challenge idea? I don't really think the idea is completely ripe yet... I would love for you fantastic guys to help me refine this concept, just give me some feedback? If I don't get anything I could have absolutely no idea if this is a good idea, or if it's just terrible
constructive criticism would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance, -mysterious unknown guy.

Old March 14th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniehej View Post
Any opinions on this challenge idea? I don't really think the idea is completely ripe yet... I would love for you fantastic guys to help me refine this concept, just give me some feedback? If I don't get anything I could have absolutely no idea if this is a good idea, or if it's just terrible
constructive criticism would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance, -mysterious unknown guy.
I find the idea to be pretty cool indeed!! Im not sure how popular it would be, since you'd have to wait for the other players to finish their party before you can get started and all that, but i still think it can be a lot of fun! Maybe you can add a rule that the first player can catch up to 2 Pokemon for the Team, the next one can catches 2 Pokemon, but kicks one of the Pokemon the player before him got to chose? Just an idea (:

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:32 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
OT: lol at those cows on the screen.

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Mega Mawile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu·Ray View Post
Hey guys,

The Baton Pass challenge
This seems like a good idea. I would support this if it were to be made, and I would also help run it if necessary (wink wink)

The only forseeable problem I see is the whole idea of multiple players. I mean, a lot of people usually do challenges by themselves, and when the thread is just starting. It would be a little easier with sign-ups if you were to have 2 or 3 people sign up together (which I would be willing to do to get this thread started), that way they're not digging around the forum to find other interested players to pass their saves to. Also, that I know of, and I've been here since 2011, there has not been an idea similar to this posted before, so you'd be good to go if I were a moderator here. (Let's just hope Ever- I mean Jak thinks the same :l)

I never did tell anyone here that my 3DS broke in late January, did I? Yeah, I sent it off to Nintendo by mid to late February and it should be back on Tuessday, apparently. If it weren't for this, I would be just pumping out XY challenges, mainly on Y since I do not plan to reset X at least until I can get da Bank. I hope to be with you soon, my fellow XY challengers!

Owned Challenges:
The Mega Evolution Challenge!
The NPC Trainer Challenge!
Old March 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Jak
@ dark eco

I love the idea of the Baton Pass Challenge, but my only concern is that you have to rely on others pretty heavily. I would approve it though, since it's not like some challenges where the OP is like "ONLY I CAN DO THIS AND THIS" and I'm like omg no bye. lol But yeah, I'd let that pass.

Quote:
(Let's just hope Ever- I mean Jak thinks the same :l)
lmao Y'all can just call me whatever you want at this point. Syd, Everlark, Jak, Toyota, Chocolate Cake, Saxophone, Nutcase...all of the above.

Blood will have blood.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here