Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges
Reload this Page Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 17th, 2010 (06:09 AM).
Challenge God
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
The only reason I did that challenge so fast was that I had already wanted to do that before Red made the topic. So I was already like 10 Pokemon away. I'm actually doing it again in my free time on every generation (emulator). This one is just for me though, and I know I'm not cheating.
Old October 17th, 2010 (11:19 AM).
I use too many smileys.... :P

Nature: Calm
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)

Another idea I had was to have 5 or 6 reoccuring names with all of your pokemon and they can only be replaced in the party by another with the same name. (This works well with nuzlocke).

Say I named my starter A, my pidgey B, rattata C, ekans D, geodude E, togepi F and bellsprout B... if my pidgey faints i must switch it with bellsprout and if any other pokemon faints there must be a gap in the team. (6th in the team can be resevred for HM slave). (This idea is probably an add on rule to some challeneges but I enjoyed using this rule)

Thoughts??? (apologies if these ideas have already been mentioned I only read a few pages of the thread)
Old October 18th, 2010 (09:01 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Timid
Quote:
How about a Pokemon can only learn its 4 most recent moves it has learnt. For example, Chimchar's first 4 moves are Scratch, Leer, Ember and Taunt... When it comes to learn Mach Punch (its 5th move as Monferno) it must delete Scratch and learn Mach Punch and when it learns Fury Swipes it must delete Leer. (TMs and Hms aren't allowed, only for HM slaves)
I've thought of that myself, actually. I would never do it, though. I'd get too annoyed.

I was gonna re-enter the monotype challenge since playing Red for PUAP yesterday reminded me of what I was doing. But idk if I even have enough interest to keep playing it through til the end. I get so lazy with challenges.

"I'm burning up with my hatred for you, runt!"

pair
Old October 20th, 2010 (11:14 PM). Edited October 21st, 2010 by 560cool..
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
Um, Syd... you've double posted. (:
Yes, well, I've talked to sammu. Seems like I'll finally be able to clock some more hours into HeartGold. With a Pokedex count of 399 (the biggest in our school (: and a lot of trash in the boxes, it's sure gonna come in handy.
Plus, I'll be able to put an effort of 300 hours into the game (currently 278 and counting). So yeah...

Um, kay, so I've made a thread for the Box Clearance challenge. Hope to get some challenges up !

Old October 22nd, 2010 (03:42 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

^ Haha, I love your sig. :) And yeah, PC was crapping on me that day. I tried to delete it after I saw it posted twice, but it was being slow and pages wouldn't load and I was like "fine i'll do it later" and forgot.

Also, I think that this is the only time I've ever been doing so many challenges. I'm doing a triospecies on Ruby, PUAP, monotype on Red (which I need to sign back up for, I guess), and a favorite challenge on SoulSilver (which I need to get back to, lol). And technically a random challenge on Pearl, because when I played it for PUAP, I was like "oh, this is from when I posted a blog and asked people to think of a team for me lol"

pair
Old October 23rd, 2010 (12:11 AM).
Probably back.

Oh, Syd, would you mind accepting the Box Clearance Challenge ?
And yes, Amore made it. :] I think you all love his styles, they all rock.
And I've made progress on my Pt. Favorite. I'm in Veilstone already (lol), thinking I never updated for... a long time ! xD
I might do an update today, if I can find my Platinum.
Oh, and I am doing a run with Mew and some other Pokemon named after you guys. That Mew was impossible to nickname, so I just got Mondays the Totodile.
So, um, which Pokemon do you want to be ?
Btw, I'm playing SoulSilver.

Old October 24th, 2010 (01:54 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

^ I wanna be Smeargle or Umbreon. :) Male or female, it matters not lol. And I don't see your challenge. But if it meets the right requirements, then it'll likely be approved.

Hello, distraction. Thy name is Pokemon White. I need to get back to PUAP but I have not been in the mood for Sapphire!

pair
Old October 26th, 2010 (08:02 AM).
Probably back.

Nice team revamp Syd ! And yes, my PUAP is on hold due to school. Tomorrow = geometry test. I SUCK at geometry.

Pokemon ? Dangerous ? Where ? When ?

Old October 26th, 2010 (09:28 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

Spoiler:
In the final battle of the main game against Geechisu, he uses one that's on level 54, ten levels under it's actual evolution level, making it even more broken that it already is at that point in the game. It's difficult as hell, I'm tellin' you.

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.

pair
Old October 26th, 2010 (09:42 AM). Edited October 26th, 2010 by 560cool..
Probably back.

Ah, lucky him. Our library is too small for me to be able to sleep.
Yeah, I'll just be logging my FR Omega Nuzlocke on the challenge forum Ace made. Just 'cause I can make my own thread and I hope getting nicknames first.
And I'm doing the Box Clearance challenge ! =D Also, expect more Pokemon signatures with this sort of art ; I got the site where Amore got this beast from. ;-)

Old October 27th, 2010 (01:33 PM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

I have an idea for a challenge!

My threads generally aren't successful....except my one in Hg/Ss about the Mew event, so somebody else'd post it...

But, basically, you have to give yourself a backstory! i.e. you already have your own pokemon (trade over an egg asap and hatch it before advancing), or you have a fear (no bug pokemon allowed??), or a deep hatred of a pokemon which means you have to battle and defeat every one you ever meet, or your starter pokemon has a rivalry with another of its' type (i.e. Empoleon and Barry's Floatzel), or something like that.
Old October 28th, 2010 (11:00 AM).
Probably back.

That might be good for comics and stuff. That's why Nuzlocke has all sorts of stuff around Ruby.
But that might be cool, and some people might even start writing whole stories and making their own comic. (:
But I suck at drawing, so stories for me...

Old November 3rd, 2010 (03:01 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Hi guys. I added two rules (I think I did anyway lol), one will be heavily liked I'm sure. Check it out, yo. Also, you should totes check that announcement I posted. ;o kbye

pair
Old November 4th, 2010 (02:19 PM).
The Eevee-Loution Master

Location: USA GMT-5 so keep that in mind when trading with me
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rstevenson1976 Send a message via Yahoo to rstevenson1976
pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

how bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.

pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but reading through 22 pages of posts just to avoid a duplicate post could take hours.

How bout the "Unknown Challenge"

You can only use Unknown to get through the game. The only exception is when you need to have a different pokemon to use an hm move to progress in the story(cut,surf,waterfall,strength) but you can't use the hm slave in battle.
oh my god! my account still exists in this kiddie pool? guess what! these mods you are all bowing down to? they're all kids themselves! I swear it's like a real adult working at burger world and bowing down to the acne faced dweeb that is doing his high school homework in his little office while yelling at you to clean out the grease trap! it's just a freaking game!!!! eventually you will all grow out of it!!! see you in the real world. I'm out!!!
Old November 4th, 2010 (03:30 PM).

As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.
Old November 4th, 2010 (04:56 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

The ones about BST haven't been done, to my knowledge. The Unown Challenge has been done by mondays suck, however there hasn't been an actual thread for it.

pair
Old November 4th, 2010 (05:00 PM).
Master of Procrastination

Nature: Quiet
Wouldn't that Unown challenge just be a really masochistic Solo Challenge?

Completed Challenges:
Nuzlocke Challenge: Moemon Forever V2
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Normal
Old November 4th, 2010 (05:02 PM).

Here's an idea: how about a challenge where you can only use pokemon that haven't been used by Gym Leaders (including Rematches) in all the main games (from Gen 1-4)? (For example even if Surge doesn't have an Electabuzz in R/B/Y/FR/LG you can't use it because he has one in the Johto games. Plus Wattson uses one in his Emerald rematch)

Pretty much the opposite of a Gym Leader Pokemon challenge and forces you to use Pokemon that don't have much, I suppose 'screentime' because it hasn't been used by a Gym Leader

Obviously it would be easier to form a team in later game with more pokemon but it can still be done in the Kanto games.

I could make a list when I have more time to show how viable it can be
Old November 4th, 2010 (05:02 PM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

Ask monday sucks; he's the one that did it. I watched his Elite Four videos, and he fared pretty well.

pair
Old November 5th, 2010 (05:13 AM).
[untitled]

Nature: Docile
Quote originally posted by Sydian:
Thank you. I needed a new team. The old ones weren't gonna cut it in eastern Isshu. And Sazandora is a destructive beast.

Spoiler:
In the final battle of the main game against Geechisu, he uses one that's on level 54, ten levels under it's actual evolution level, making it even more broken that it already is at that point in the game. It's difficult as hell, I'm tellin' you.

So it's been a while since I've worked on any CHALLENGES. I would also like to point out that some guy came up to the top floor of the library and is just sleeping. Like...idek.
Spoiler:
Geechisu is so annoying.Just think this,My first time playing White, and its a Nuzlocke run. His sazandora almost took my entire team down. I had a team of Enbuoh,Erufuun,Jihead,Shandera,Abagora,and Baibanira. I beat him with Enbuoh,Erufuun, and Jihead. The rest died. Blaack and White is the hardest game to nuzlocke.It's easy up until Artie but then your guy dies every 3 battles.

^Black and White Spoiler above^
Old November 6th, 2010 (08:06 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

I could never do a Nuzlocke on any Pokemon game. The only one I'd have any luck with it in is RSE, since I know those games like the back of my hand. But I don't like losing good team members. >_> It makes me too sad, cause I mean, I give the best nicknames. -hair flip-

pair
Old November 7th, 2010 (08:25 AM).
I completed my HG Pokedex!^^

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Lati-Fan95
This is an idea of a challenge I've thought of since quite a while so I guess that's the best place to write it down, isn't it?

The celebrity challenge!

-You can choose every kind of celebrity you want (manga/comic/anime/etc. heroes (some Pokemon like wigglytuff are allowed as celebrities because Wigglytuff, for example, has its own guild so your team would be in that case, the guild) and think what kind of Pokemon they'd use! Real Life celebrities are also allowed, of course!
-Every celebrity that has a team will be in the start post with his/her/its team!

That's the basic idea behind it! How does it sound to you?
Old November 7th, 2010 (08:33 AM).
Kalos Elite
Super ModeratorCS

So if I chose Paris Hilton, I would be stuck with Yooterrie?

pair
Old November 7th, 2010 (09:00 AM). Edited November 7th, 2010 by Performancev2.
Beginning Challenger

I have somewhat of an idea for a challenge, which I would say could be considered as an "NPC Challenge", which derives from the Pokemon Anime.

There are many challengers in the anime, and each can be viewed on encyclopedias, but I have also made somewhat of a list.
Of course, there are some gym leaders in the anime that are main characters, which are in this list as well.

/edit/: Just noticed that this is already a challenge, but am going to continue the list for the topic.

First Gen:
Spoiler:
Ash:
Pikachu
Bulbasaur
Muk
Krabby
Kingler
Tauros
Snorlax
Primeape
Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard
Squirtle
Caterpie/Metapod/Butterfree
Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot
Lapras
Raticate
Beedrill
Haunter

Misty:
Goldeen
Staryu
Starmie
Horsea
Psyduck
Magikarp/Gyarados
Marill
Seel/Dewgong

Jessie/James:
Magikarp
Arbok
Shellder
Ekans
Lickitung
Weezing
Chansey
Rhydon
Meowth
Persian

Brock:
Onix
Geodude
Zubat
Golbat
Vulpix
Chansey
Tauros
Ninetales

Tracey:
Venonat
Marill
Scyther

Delia (Ash's Mom):
Mr. Mime
(Solo Run)

Professor Oak:
Tauros
Dragonite
Pidgey
Charmeleon
Muk
Venusaur
Krabby
Snorlax
Blastoise
Muk
Kingler
Sandshrew
Fearow
Kanghaskan
Doduo
Pidgeot
Tentacool
Poliwag

Gary:
Blastoise
Arcanine
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Dodrio
Krabby
Magmar
Golem
Scizor
Aerodactyl
Gyrados
Venusaur
Pidgeot
Slowpoke

Officer Jenny:
Growlithe
Arcanine
Gastly
Squirtle
Pidgeot
Parasect
Tangela
Blastoise

Nurse Joy:
Chansey
(solo run)

Samurai:
Pinsir
Metapod

Flint:
Golem
Rhdyon
Onix

Seymour:
Clefairy
Clefable

Daisy/Lily/Violet:
Seel
Dewgong
Seaking
Goldeen
Shellder

A.J.:
Butterfree
Sandshrew
Rattata

Joe:
Weepinbell
(Solo Run)

Giselle:
Graveler
Cubone

Melanie:
Weepinbell
Caterpie
Oddish
Rattata
Paras
Magikarp
Staryu
Bulbasaur
Butterfree
Venonat
Fearow

Damian:
Charmander
(Solo Run - No evolving)

Bill - The Pokemaniac:
Vulpix
Dragonite
Magikarp
Evee
Exeggutor
Farfetch'd
Eevee (and evolutions of eevee)
Abra

Lt. Surge:
Voltorb
Pikachu
Magnemite
Raichu
Electabuzz
Magneton
Electrode
Zapdos
Jolteon

Giovanni:
Persian
Golem
Kingler
Machamp
Rhydon
Cloyster
Beedrill
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Dugtrio
Golem
Rhyhorn
Aerodactyl
Meowth

Team Rocket Grunts:
Rattata
Raticate
Ekans
Sandshrew
Arbok
Sandslash
Grimer
Weezing
Koffing
Muk
Drowzee
Machamp
Machoke
Machop
Zubat
Golbat
Cubone
Marowak
Hypno
Oddish
Gloom
Vileplume
Venonat
Venomoth
Zubat
Duodrio
Doduo
Rhyhorn
Hitmonlee
Geodude
Graveler
Golem
Jynx
Gengar
Magnemite
Ditto
Vulpix
Ninetales
Persian
Meowth

I'm going to need lots of help with characters of the anime as well as some help with their pokemon.
Bulbapedia is helping me a /load/ with finding some, but I need some help before I would like to get the topic started.

Black FC:
1420 6510 1767
Old November 7th, 2010 (10:09 AM).

Quote originally posted by Sammuthegreat:
As with the guy before me, apologies if this has been suggested already. But how about this idea: a challenge where you can only use Pokemon with BST of over, say, 520 or 530, but you can only use HM moves (obviously the rule doesn't apply until you get Cut).

Alternatively, for a bit more difficulty, you can only use Pokemon with BST of 500+, but you can only use moves with a power of 50 or less (and no Technician)?

Last but not least, for the most difficult variant, how about you can use any Pokemon (including those with less than 500 BST) but only moves with 50 power or less?

It could be called the "Arms Tied Behind Your Back" Challenge or something like that... Also, for added extra difficulty, you could tie in the rule that you can't use any STAB moves onto any of those variants.
I don't know if anyone else is interested in doing this sort of Challenge, but if you are then please feel free to start the thread yourself. I only suggested the idea because I thought it'd be a good Challenge, I don't actually want to do it myself, so I don't think I'd be allowed to run the thread...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)