The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:01 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Nature: Hardy
Part of the challenge for me is raising 6 pokemon at once without becoming underleveled. It gets quite difficult, but I think it's easier to train in Emerald than in Ruby or Sapphire.

Challenge ForumCompleted Challenges List ♠ Current Challenges: #swablunest
"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
It can't be that hard to train six Pokemon. Just be like Syd and grind till you can't grind no more. ;D Then grind some more.
I remember grinding my Pokemon in Pearl, how I had six Pokemon and refused to battle Volkner until they were all level 56, and wouldn't enter Victory Road until they were all level 60. :/
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Props to you, Alt. I could never do something like that in my life...
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Not with that attitude you can't. :P
Wait, do you mean what I did, or what Syd does in his spare time, because if it was for me, it's actually quite easy. Just take a lucky egg or whatever, and keep rebattling the fishermen with all the Gyarados.
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:27 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
What the hell I come to this thread only to find you're talking about my night job how I train all day. lol That's why Nuzlockes don't work for me though, I have to grind levels all the time.

Quote:
It can't be that hard to train six Pokemon. Just be like Syd and grind till you can't grind no more. ;D Then grind some more.
I remember grinding my Pokemon in Pearl, how I had six Pokemon and refused to battle Volkner until they were all level 56, and wouldn't enter Victory Road until they were all level 60. :/
ME TOO. I don't play DPPt much anymore, but I did the same thing. I accepted no less.

Also guys, SRing and hatching the Odd Egg over and over in Crystal is a pain in the ass. I want a shiny. I WILL hatch a shiny from that thing. So far I've hatched Elekid and THREE Igglybuff. I'm starting to wonder if the game has caught on to what I'm doing?
Old January 19th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I deathgrinded my mons in a diamond nuzlocke, my goal was 60, but I was told that I was pretty much OK since I had
Spiritomb and Bronzong. We decimated the E4, and Cam, my Porygon-Z was the only casualty.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:36 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

I don't have the patience to grind levels that much. Hyper Potions=Stalling=Eventual E4 Victories. xP I'm probably one of the most impatient people anyone will ever know.

"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:21 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

I remember one fateful day on Emerald, where I was attempting to complete the national Pokedex. I was running around somewhere (don't remember where it happens) and found Steven Stone. I thought, that's odd, what is Steven Stone doing in a place like this? I talked to him and he battled my level 20-25 team. Needless to say, I won, because I had adequate Revives in my inventory.

I know what you mean, Inferno.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Well, you can beat Cynthia in BW with a team of level 1 Pokemon, provided you have the right ones with the right moves of course. Aaaand Steven isn't so hard, with his special sweeping Aggron. lmao, Beating major characters with low level Pokemon should be a challenge in its own.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I once knew a guy called Steven Stone. :P
I should really get started on this Nuzlocke challenge, since my game got forcefully shut down last time. :(

Random question: has anyone ever dared to combine something with Nuzlocke, like Monotype Water Nuzlocke challenge?
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

I wouldn't, but given the fact there are so many damn water types, I think it could be done. Maybe. I've never done a Nuzlocke though so idek.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:46 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Monotype Nuzlocke? Maybe something I'll try one day. I haven't tried a Nuzlocke either, but it's definitely up there on things that I want to try.

Old January 19th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

I don't even know why they introduce so many water types into the game. It's quite dabbling to be honest. I mean compare that to fire types introduced say in D/P/Pt and you get, the Chimchar family, and then Magmortar.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

There are a good number of new fire types in generation V thankfully. And they cut back on Water significantly, especially when you compare gen V to past generations.
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:55 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

I guess that means that there is plenty of fish in the sea for water monotypes? *shot for bad pun*
Aren't we forgetting Heatran? ._. Even so, that's still 5...I guess it still seems kind of low, but I've never been concerned much with the amount of the Pokemon with a certain type.

Old January 20th, 2011, 07:24 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Hey hey hey, give water types some love!

I mean, I guess you could do a Water Monotype, but I mean, it would just mean you could only catch the Starter and like maybe one other Pokemon if you're lucky before you get Surf/Rod.

It would probably be better to do something like a Monotype, but if a pokemon faints, you have to release him. So half a monotype.
Old January 20th, 2011, 10:15 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
HEY ALL. :'D

Talking about grinding... I got back into my Favorite (yeah started in September dfghjkl) and grinding is a pain. How in the world can I be Lv. 27, with most of the trainers beaten until Pastoria (it's on Platinum, not on DP. Pt. > DP. BY 1,000,0000,0000,0000000 miles dgfhjlk) and now I'm grinding in the restaurant...

Expect a really smexy update with smexy pictures and smexy descriptions. :')
Aaand, is any of you guys getting A 3DS ? I'll get one for my 13th Birthday (fyeah 13 !) in... September. I buy handhelds for Pokemon. So what the point.

pretty insane right now. too much chewing gum and pepsi. /fail

And the CI&D is nearing 1,000 replies. OH YEAH. Now that's cool. (:

Old January 20th, 2011, 10:57 AM
mondays suck
:)

Speaking of old unfinished challenges... I still haven't finished Sinnoh in my Dragon Ultimate Monotype Challenge I started ... almost a year ago? (does that mean I also have to do bw now?)
If I can find my last post in the old thread, maybe I'll end the hiatus the day it becomes exactly a year.
Then again that would mean playing Sinnoh, azteahldafeiafjacyetgse (I do believe this ... expression sums up my opinion of Sinnoh and its slowness quite well).
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Jak
eye of the needle

I haven't attempted to touch my Favorite, Least favorite, or monotype challenge in forever. Have not had the mood to do so. Lazy challenge mod is lazy.
Old January 20th, 2011, 11:19 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
Oh, now I got up the sexy update. Mmmyeah...
So, I've been thinking of better nicknames, as current ones sound pretty suckish. So... who wants to be named after a Pokemon...? I suppose no one since those requests usually get ignored

Combusken (Blaziken) - 560cool (yeah I name Pokemon after myself shut up)
Swellow -
Dratini - Sorry, my Dratini was in HG. I can't change the suckish nickname (Blues).
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute -

Just... pick a Pokemon. And I'll go change his nickname.

Old January 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool. View Post
So, I've been thinking of better nicknames, as current ones sound pretty suckish. So... who wants to be named after a Pokemon...? I suppose no one since those requests usually get ignored

Swellow -
Dratini - Sorry, my Dratini was in HG. I can't change the suckish nickname (Blues).
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute - Teh Chaos! Keep the actually nickname "Chaos11011" though. Because I like my name with a Capital 'C'. I still don't know why my user name is like that though, must be my laziness to request / type it.

Comment is in bold^

I don't do the Favorite challenge anymore, it got deleted, along with my 31 IV Sp.Def Ivysaur :/

See, I was playing my Platinum while someone was knocking on my door, I was mid-saving to. So I left my DS there, thinking I would have a chance to save it later.

It was my friends wanting to play soccer with their new ball, I was exited and I ran along with them, forgeting to Close my DS/Turn Off/Save.

I came back, with my with file deleted because off the stupid "Please do not turn off while saving" thing. Since the battery died and turned it off.

Thank goodness though that it didn't corrupt the file.
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:06 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Meh, I guess I'll take the Aerodactyl. TOO BAD YOU'RE NOT FAVORITES WITH STARMIE OR NIDOKING THOUGH!!!!
Old January 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Quote:
Aaand, is any of you guys getting A 3DS ? I'll get one for my 13th Birthday (fyeah 13 !) in... September. I buy handhelds for Pokemon. So what the point.
Will get one if/when the 6th generation games come out for it. I also initially get the handhelds just for the new Pokemon games, but sometimes I'll get a different kind of game as well. I'll probably do so for the 3DS, since I heard something about Ocarina of Time being remade for it. That will be an instant buy. :P

I will be getting both Black and White for my 14th birthday. muahahaha one year older than you Either that, or I'll buy one game myself, then just ask for the other game, to keep it easy on the family. :P

Quote:

Swellow -
Manectric -
Aerodactyl -
Exeggcute -

I call the Swellow. I almost picked the Manectric, though.

Old January 20th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Alternative
welcome to my womb
Community Supporter

Does that mean I get to go with Manectric? That's fine with me. :D If I get to choose the nickname, go with either 'Alterna' for a kitchen girl and 'Alternoob' for a boy.
Old January 20th, 2011, 07:42 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Yeah, I quickly skimmed the list of exclusive Pokemon for each generation, and I don't see anything special as far as differences go. So, I think I might as well get both of them.

I'm 20 so muahahaha i'm like 6 years older than you two hi.

Also, I'd prefer if the Aerodactyl was just Myrrh instead of Myrrhman. Mainly because its not a man.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links