Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 20th, 2011 (09:11 PM).
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
OLDER PERSON IS OLDER

The Swellow can either be Inferno or Rogue. Take your pick. xD

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"
Old January 20th, 2011 (09:56 PM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Swellow = JD.

Edit: Damn, InfernoRogue beat me.

And it's nice to see I'm not the only one over 20 here...

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 20th, 2011 (10:21 PM).
Enigma
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
Swellow = JD.

Edit: Damn, InfernoRogue beat me.

And it's nice to see I'm not the only one over 20 here...
Lol, nickname should be some random combo of our usernames. JDRogue? lmao.

...I honestly have no idea what to say about this age conversation. ._.

Old January 21st, 2011 (03:55 AM).
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
(m)E = mcSquared 14 :PP

I'm getting my 3DS for my Burfdays :PP

So um, question of the week day?

"What challenge are you participating in? If you are in multiple state your favorite" < I feel guitly stealing Forever's thing D:

My favorite challenge that I'm in is my Spirit Gold Nuzlocke. It gives a nice twist because It's side by side my Heart Gold Nuzlocke :DD
Old January 21st, 2011 (05:23 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I've been trying to start an Emerald Nuzlocke, but I'm struggling to choose whether to go with normal or Monotype Water with it. I want the water, but I also really want to go ahead with Treecko. Also I've been doing some super procrastination. :D
Old January 21st, 2011 (06:32 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
We'll go with look at the siggy.

I don't have a favorite active challenge. I'm doing the HG Water Mono because I mean it just needs to get done. And the Silver Nuzzy is on my laptop that's in the shop, so I'm not really doing that one right now.

Out of the 9-10 challenges on my list, I think my favorite was/is the Ultimate Trio Challenge. I really like Crobat now. He's joining the ranks of Nidoking, Starmie, Milotic, and Staraptor as my top favorite Pokemon. For sure.
Old January 21st, 2011 (06:43 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Did you know I've only ever completed one challenge? Sure I've made several attempts, but only ever one completion. It was a monotype ground in Pearl, where I ended up with a Torterra, Golem, Quagsire, Garchomp and something else, which I've forgotten what it is.

Also, I WILL stop procrastinating and start my Nuzlocke challenge. I promise. <3
Old January 21st, 2011 (07:48 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.
Old January 21st, 2011 (07:57 AM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
Wow, I didn't know that.

Also this is kinda random, but I think I heard your name a very very long time ago, Alt. Right when I joined PC I got into the Rocket Fan Group, and there was someone named Brock who I sorta thought about starting a trade thingie with, and I think he knew you. Do you remember this?

Also, I just got no$gba, and its running at 200% speed right now. I think I might be able to do challenges on DPPt now. Horray.
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old January 21st, 2011 (08:02 AM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by jdthebud:
Myrrh, you DO realize that N0$gba has been out for a while, right? Do you have all the DS games in cart form, cause that's the only reason I can think of that you haven't downloaded it yet...whatever, though. If I had a DS I would probably use it, too, though.

The next thing you need to do is get Pokesav, by the way.

And favorite challenge right now...
My Ultimate Solo with Palin the Girafarig. Dude, it's a Psychic Giraffe! How much cooler can it get?
Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.
Old January 21st, 2011 (08:10 AM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by myrrhman:
Yeah, I know, I've just always played them on the actual cartridge. It's because the first time I got a DS emulator (don't think it was no$gba), and tried to run Diamond, it went all screwy. Then I thought "well, I'm sure there's just a problem with this emulator or this ROM, but I might as well just play the real deal." And so I do. Also I got no$gba a while ago, but just couldn't figure out how to 200% speed it.
Yeah, No$gba was crappy for a while, it couldn't play Diamond very well for a while (it would run at like 80% with 10 fps), and I really started playing the DS games last year in the summer mostly. I played Diamond first, with Torterra, then when Platinum came out I went through it with Infernape, I still have the original one (ROM) with my L92 Infernape that I grinded in the Battleground lol. I also hacked in L50 Pokemon from the Battle Tower Record sheet over on Smogon to see how far I could get with them lol. Then I discovered PC in October when I was looking for Pokemon to solo with (I think it was the archived solo challenge thread), and never looked back.

Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Old January 21st, 2011 (08:28 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Nature: Timid
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old January 21st, 2011 (09:11 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sydian:
Kinda doing my own personal challenge on White atm. I'm gonna have every BW Pokemon (final forms, mind) entered into the Hall of Fame at least once. Gunna take a while, cause this does include events and Black exclusives, but I say it's well worth it.
I did something pretty fun that your personal challenge reminded me of. I caught every Pokemon in every generation (the ones legally obtainable, mind you). I did it in Blue (which is actually where I got my name A), Silver, Emerald, and Diamond. Diamond was the easiest because about 65% of them were just traded from Emerald. Until I lost it.
Old January 21st, 2011 (09:31 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

Technically, I could do this in every generation (well, I'd have to use FRLG for gen I and HGSS for gen II because I don't have the means for trading in earlier generations) but...well, I'm not that determined. I am also working on the Isshu Dex in White, so the Hall of Fame thing really ties in with that.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Old January 21st, 2011 (09:36 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I'm still procrastinating and avoiding the Nuzlocke challenge. Oh well, might as well try to start now. :/
Old January 22nd, 2011 (12:22 AM).
Enigma
Community Supporter

Still trying to train all six of my Pokemon. It's kind of difficult, since I'm training right before Norman. :/

Old January 22nd, 2011 (12:24 AM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Having six Pokemon right before Norman would be tough. If I were doing that challenge I'd acquire my sixth Pokemon around the Liza + Tate stage.

I finally stopped procrastinating and started my Nuzlocke challenge! Albeit only getting just outside Birch's lab. Still it's enough to have a Pokemon and nickname it. :D
Old January 22nd, 2011 (12:47 AM).
Enigma
Community Supporter

I'm training all of my pokemon up to level 30, so I should be alright to take him on. It's just hard, because the highest leveled wild pokemon are in the desert. Shedinja can't even train there. (Sandstorm damage=instant ko)

Old January 22nd, 2011 (02:36 AM).
mondays suck
:)

You shouldn't use Shedinja against Norman anyway, I'm pretty sure all three of his Pokemon know Faint Attack. Except maybe in Emerald where he also has a Linoone.
Old January 22nd, 2011 (12:39 PM).
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
The Favorite challenge is killing me. It's so hard keeping up with 6 Pokemon... balancing and evening them out. I usually luck out so much at gyms... :/ it just feels wrong.

For instancie, here's what happened for Maylene's Lucario : I had /Seco/ (my Combusken) out, hit it with Double Kick once before dying from Force Palm. Sends out Blues (Dratini) at about 41/65 HP... OHKO. Then Myrrh (Aerodactyl) kicks in with a Rock Smash, which sends into yellow, but activates the Sitrus Berry. Myrrh gets OHKOd, and Alterna' the Manectric finishes with a Shock Wave, and 5 HP left.

A similar thing happened against Wake. I epic-Toxic stalled with .chaos, the Exeggcute (I prefer it like that, chaos :/), Quagsire took a Grass Knot or two and died. Floatzel. A chain of events led to Alterna' with 1 HP left (1 Crunch. lol) Shock Wave... from 3/4 it died with a Shock Wave. I stared at the screen as the words : "A critical hit !" and "The foe's Floatzel fainted" appeared. Lv. 30 > Lv. 37. <:

And now, the most tedious, annoying, stupid part of the game. Snow crawling and Mt. Coronet. Behold !

Old January 22nd, 2011 (03:34 PM).
Enigma
Community Supporter

I think I just thought of two challenges.

1st is the Offensive/Defensive Swap challenge (will probably make the name shorter if I can think of something) This is simple to figure out, but can be difficult. You pick as many Pokemon as you want to have in your party, as usual. But say you pick an offensive oriented Pokemon, like Primeape, as one of your pokemon. You then have to make the Pokemon a more like a defensive Pokemon.
Vice versa with defensive oriented pokemon, like Chansey. Make it an offensive pokemon.

2nd is also a simple challenge; a Trade challenge. Basically, just trade with a random person (whom will be picked for you and is also taking the challenge) at certain specified points of a game. However, you don't get to pick which pokemon to trade either; a random party slot will be assigned to you and your random trade partner, and you guys just trade. Other then that, play normally.
Of course, I'm probably going to need some guidelines on that, because it would be terrible for someone on their 7th badge to be traded a pokemon from someone on their 1st badge.

Old January 22nd, 2011 (03:47 PM).
Exile
confectionery behemoth
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Awesome snow day was awesome. Shoveling, however, was not.
If anyone feels like battling with their HoF teams in nuzlockes on PO, then I may set something up, with permission of course.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old January 22nd, 2011 (06:19 PM).
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n
Old January 22nd, 2011 (08:14 PM).
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Alternative:
I'm liking the idea of the offensive/defensive challenge, but what about those Pokemon which can effectively play both roles, like Tentacruel? How would you choose that then? My Treecko is a girl named Sydian n_n
But what will you do when Syd changes to boy again?

Also, I like all these challenge Ideas. But only if we can pretend that Nidoking is a defensive Pokemon
Old January 22nd, 2011 (08:23 PM).
Alli
you smiled at me

You should have named a genderless Pokemon after me, haha. I like those challenge ideas too. That defensive/offensive one sounds pretty difficult actually.

paired with klippy
bae is abnegation
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links