The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I just name my Pokemon of random things, like calling my Poochyena Noob for no reason, or calling my Zigzagoon DavidBowie from being in my New Naruto Abridged phase. :D

Also in my next update apart from Fun Cool I have a new companion. Brownie points if you can guess who it is and what Pokemon as well. ;)
Old January 27th, 2011, 11:48 PM
vinni57
Beginning Trainer

Hey, I was thinking...

What if there was a challenge in which you have a mono-type team that you have to keep under or in a certain level range, and if your team faints (you white out) then you have to change to a different type? Or something along those lines. At least there's a point in the game where you have one mono-type team but you have to switch to another.
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

Nature: Timid
Don't think I've seen anything like that.

btw, I have a new team to raise in White. Team #2 should have just been Shandera alone. She beat the Champion alone. Calm Mind set up and you're good to go!

paired to peeta
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:20 AM
Lopnis

How about a challenge where you can't challenge the elite four and champion until you finish the the regional pokedex It could be called the Gotta Catch'em all Challenge it ends only after you have all regional pokemon registered in your pokedex and have beaten the Elite four and you can add an extra challenge by having to finish the National Dex if you wanted.
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

I honestly don't think anyone would have the patience for a challenge like that...

paired to peeta
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:48 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
I'll finish this SS Nuzlocke, then finish my Favorite, THEN begin a Nuzlocke on Plat. Last time, I failed awfully (I lost against Wake with a Lv. 35 Raicu and a Lv. 39 Crobat. Ice Faaang... D: ), but this time... it will be different.

I'm also naming what I catch on SS after you guys. So, who wants to be a Vaporeon.
Wait I think I guessed already... >;D

Old January 28th, 2011, 02:07 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool. View Post
I'll finish this SS Nuzlocke, then finish my Favorite, THEN begin a Nuzlocke on Plat. Last time, I failed awfully (I lost against Wake with a Lv. 35 Raicu and a Lv. 39 Crobat. Ice Faaang... D: ), but this time... it will be different.

I'm also naming what I catch on SS after you guys. So, who wants to be a Vaporeon.
Wait I think I guessed already... >;D
Did that need to be asked. Me of course.

EDIT:
I've just defeated Sabrina. I'm still travelling around with Chaos the Venusaur, Sydian the Nidoqueen, Alternativ the Pidgeot, Inferno the Dugtrio and Myrrh the Starmie. Decade the Lapras fainted. Curse you Giovanni's Rhyhorn and your critical hit Horn Attack.

Last edited by vaporeon7; January 28th, 2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old January 28th, 2011, 02:55 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Did that need to be asked. Me of course.
You were the one I was talking about. Vappy 777 (for luck) sounds alright to you ?
Also, where can I find a Water Stone in SS ? I mean, which day at the Pokeathlon ?

Old January 28th, 2011, 03:08 AM
jt4811
Beginning Trainer

How about an ultimate ultimate solo challenge wher you have to do a ultimate solo challenge first starting whith Bulba/Ivy/Venasuar and then once that is done yo move onto the next lot of evolutions in the pokedex if enough people say they would do it they i willstart the thread
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:20 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt4811 View Post
How about an ultimate ultimate solo challenge wher you have to do a ultimate solo challenge first starting whith Bulba/Ivy/Venasuar and then once that is done yo move onto the next lot of evolutions in the pokedex if enough people say they would do it they i willstart the thread
Pretty sure that if anyone would want to do that, it will go into the Solo/Ultimate Solo thread. Dunno, just a small variation, meaning it doesn't deserve a thread. :/

Old January 28th, 2011, 03:41 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

Quote:
You were the one I was talking about. Vappy 777 (for luck) sounds alright to you ?
Also, where can I find a Water Stone in SS ? I mean, which day at the Pokeathlon ?
Yeah go with that and if memory serves it's Wednesday.
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:48 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

You can get Water Stones from that place? o_O
I've been busy grinding my new companion and stuff, so expect an update soon, and hopefully no one dies up against Brawly.
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:54 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
Myrrh, why is it that everytime you quote me it says that I'm someone O.O

About your SS 560cool. (Omg I didn't call you Seco :O) If you find a Hoppip, it's Mondays, NidoranF is Syd. (or Smeargle but good luck with that) Myrrh is NidoranM or Starmie. Oh don't forget about MagiKarpman

But I honestly don't know who I should be O.O, name me after any of the Pokemon from my Moemon Nuzlocke (from HoF) Those are Oddish, Koffing, Horsea, Zangoose, Doduo, and Baltoy

EDIT: So Alt, how do you like being my Magnemite :3
Old January 28th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

I can't believe you forgot all about me! >:o Make me anything, but preferably Ekans/Exeggcute/Slowpoke.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:04 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

No what I ment to say is "You are my Magnemite" cause it was the first Pokemon I encountered ;-; Hope you don't mind.

Oh and I edited my siggy (again) and now my B/W Team is named after some of you guys. :D
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:12 AM
vaporeon7
Community Supporter

So I was versing Sabrina in my Nuzlocke right. I got up to her Alakazam. Everything was normal but Alakazam used Recover like 60 times even though it's capped at 16? Oh well Alternativ's Fly knocked it off.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:14 AM
Alternative
For my next trick...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos11011 View Post
Oh and I edited my siggy (again) and now my B/W Team is named after some of you guys. :D
At least you made me a Zuruzukin. :D I like Zuruzukin. I'll prolly have one on my B/W team, aside from Seedbby, Hihidaruma and Woobat.
Old January 28th, 2011, 04:40 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
So I was versing Sabrina in my Nuzlocke right. I got up to her Alakazam. Everything was normal but Alakazam used Recover like 60 times even though it's capped at 16? Oh well Alternativ's Fly knocked it off.
If I recall correctly, in GenI the NPC's have Unlimited PP. Good luck, if you ever want to PP Stall.
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:41 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

I'M A DORY... DORY PWNs. Thanks chaos-san. And yes, I prefer Seco. :'D

I can't believe I'm reading about chewing gum on wikipedia. I have 1 week free (intersemestrial holiday, if you get that) and I have some sort of... course. It's something about finding a job and blah-blahs. From 10 to 18 every day, starting this Monday. So, one more weekend of SoulSilver and Minecraft. ;-)

EDIT : I am nearing 2,000 posts... what do you think my 2,000th post should be about ? I'm thinking about an epic SS update, for the lulz. ;D
EDIT 2 : can someone please assign me some Pokemon for my Random on Crystal. That thread is so dead, but I just want some Pokemon.

Last edited by 560cool.; January 28th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old January 28th, 2011, 07:34 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Here ya go Seco, hope you like it:

Old January 28th, 2011, 07:53 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
I just name my Pokemon of random things, like calling my Poochyena Noob for no reason, or calling my Zigzagoon DavidBowie from being in my New Naruto Abridged phase. :D
I do that too. There's like a 25 name list that I have, and I name all my Pokemon something on the list every time. I can't help it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian, on Lopnis's Challenge Idea View Post
I honestly don't think anyone would have the patience for a challenge like that...
You underestimate me, good friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt4811 View Post
It's sort of like how there's no "ultimate ultimate monotype" and I'm like 2/3 done with beating all the types in Gen 1. If someone actually ever completed your challenge, unfortunately, all they would get is a nice little honorable mention in the OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by some random person View Post
Its because if I don't multiquote like this, I sometimes forget who said what. I am a pretty forgetful/lazy person.
Quote:
Thanks for not including me. I don't know any of the B/W Pokemon, so I don't know what I'd want to be. Unless you have a Pokabu. That one is mine.
Quote:
I can't believe I'm reading about chewing gum on wikipedia. I have 1 week free (intersemestrial holiday, if you get that) and I have some sort of... course. It's something about finding a job and blah-blahs. From 10 to 18 every day, starting this Monday. So, one more weekend of SoulSilver and Minecraft. ;-)
You craft? I'm working on a replica of Kanto on Minecraft. It's really tough since I can only work for like 10 minutes at a time before the sun goes down. I think I'm almost done with Cinnibar Island.
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Quote:
Quote originally posted by some random person:
Thanks for doing it again :/

And I didn't include you because there wasn't enough space. I'm going to be doing Syd's Hall of Fame thing aswell, to make it up to you, you will be in the first group of people I decided to ask.

Though, spots on my Nuzlocke naming spree is still open. Though Seco is infront of you, and no one died yet.

EDIT: Myrrh, you can also be a Temporary Pokemon until I get my full team, and even then I'll still use you when one of my Pokemon has a disadvantege. So just choose who you wanna be.
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:07 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Here ya go Seco, hope you like it:
Spoiler:

Chaooos ! I guess it's my fault for not mentioning I lack a Gameshark/Link Cable/Another game of the Metal Era. And the fact that I want 5 Pokemon.
So yeah, this is really rude, but would you mind regenerating ? Please ? For me ? (:

@ myrrh : Yep, I do craft. A lot, too. I've seen videos of a Minecraft Kanto on YouTube. Are you doing it on Classic or Beta.

Old January 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Sydian
you burn with us

I got team #3 for my hall of fame challenge~!

1. Hiyakkie
2. Ononokus
3. Shinpora
4. Waruvial
5. Cobalon
6. Burungel

Not too shabby. Doesn't look like one Pokemon will dominate like the last team. -cough- Shandera. -cough-

Quote:
You craft? I'm working on a replica of Kanto on Minecraft. It's really tough since I can only work for like 10 minutes at a time before the sun goes down. I think I'm almost done with Cinnibar Island.
That sounds awesome. :) I should give Larry that suggestion. He just recently started playing Minecraft, and he's been trying to think of things to work on. lol

Quote:
You underestimate me, good friend.
Well, I knew that deep down, someone would have that much patience. lol

paired to peeta
Old January 28th, 2011, 09:49 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Wait doesn't Crystal's odd egg give Tyrogue? If so scrap Scizor (link cable pokemon) and your good to go, you have to deal with Yanma's 1% though.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links