The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
I participated in one similar to that, but it was more challenging because the next poster would pick what Pokemon you had to level, and I got stuck with a Male Combee. :/
Wow, that sucks.

I'd do this too, also, I think it would be fun to do something like that where the OP picks a random Pokemon or the next poster picks one, for an added challenge.
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Nature: Timid
Personally, I think it'd be better to choose what you want to level up to 100, excluding legendaries of course. But then again, I love variety, so I wouldn't mind someone choosing a Pokemon for me. And that was kinda cheap for someone to give you a male Combee. If this challenge is made and the OP/next poster gives you your Pokemon, there could be a rule for no Pokemon like Magikarp, Combee, Weedle, etc. unless you were allowed to evolve it.

Into the room, I know you want it
Bang bang, all over you, I'll let you have it
Wait a minute, let me take you there
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Teddy The Elite
Absol Is My Waifu~<3:D

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Teddy The Elite
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:30 AM
IceFireLighnting
It's just so CUUUUTE!!!:D

Nature: Quirky
IDEA!!! Ding, Ding, Ding!

Anime team challenge!

Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!

E.G. Muk, Pikachu, Torterra, 2 Tauros (Ash)

Which one am I really??? Which one would I be in Mystery Dungeon???

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones.
If you love the new Pokemon post this in your signature! 5th GEN HAS ARRIVED!
´ 3`) official gulpin emote. ^.^Help gulpin take over the Internet and use him for your signature!
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Gulpin
poisonous
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy The Elite View Post
I was thinking something along the lines of a forum Gym Leader challenge. As in, users pick a type, all lvl 100s, all with their type. Then, via Wi-Fi, forum members can battle the gym leaders and, in a sense, get a badge. It'd be a first come, first serve for sign ups, but if they could not have a team ready by a predetermined date, they'd lose their slot. Thoughts?
There is already such a thing on PC, and it would be found here.
Old July 19th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Teddy The Elite
Absol Is My Waifu~<3:D

Nature: Brave
Send a message via AIM to Teddy The Elite
Quote:
Originally Posted by deku View Post
There is already such a thing on PC, and it would be found here.

Not quite what I meant though.
Old July 19th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
Sounds like tournaments and stuff. Not really a challenge. But those are done in the Wi-Fi section.

Quote:
Use the team of a trainer in any season of the anime or in any movie! You can choose out of any pokemon they have ever had! It has to be exactly the same, except the nature and gender. THAT MEANS SHINIES!
Pick a character challenge, or something like that. It should still be active somewhere, if you'd like to try it.

Edit: Well, yours got approved since the other seems to have died out. Good luck with it!

Last edited by Jak; July 20th, 2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:02 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

If anyone just wants to feel the rush of owning a challenge, I've compiled a list of the challenges we have on this board. And there's some suggestions that are based on other challenges. The suggestions are in red, and the existing challenges are in blue, if you can't figure it out.

Spoiler:
Monotypes: RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG, DPPt, HGSS, Ultimate
Solo: RBY, GSC, RSEFRLG, DPPt, HGSS, Ultimate
Monocolor: RBY, GSC, RSEFRLG, DPPt, Ultimate
Nuzlocke: RBYGSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS, MonotypeNuzlocke
Gym Leader: RBY, GSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS
Elite Four: RBYGSC, RSE, DPPt, HGSS

Other miscellaneous challenges: RBY TrioSpecies, RSEFRLG TrioSpecies, RSEFRLG DuoSpecies, FRLG Home, Baby, Random, HGSS Pet, FRLG non-evolving, First Come, First Served, DPPt Counterpart, Gym Type, HG/SS Team, HG/SS Random Wild Pokemon, RSEFRLG Eevee, Alphabet, Anime Team
Old July 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax

eH?
Old July 20th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
NO ONE STEAL THIS

What if, to complete the game, you had to compete other requirements, such as

-Catch 100 Pokemon
-Win a master rank contest
-Get a Platinum Flag (if you can)
-Catch Munchlax
Haha, the SUPAR challenge? Catch Munchlax made me lol, I must admit. I'd give it a try, however I can't do the flag stuff. And by catch 100, have 100 in the Pokedex or actually catch 100 Pokemon? And all different species, I assume?

Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.

Old July 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

haha, its harder than it sounds, 4 trees all with a 1 percent chance of finding it, pure hell. I honeyed everyday to find one on diamond, they have generators, but you need your secret id.
Also, I really don't get how you're reffering to the alphabet challenge (no offense, its probably me, not reading thoroughly)

Also, I did mean actually capture 100 different species of Pokemon.

1 trade would be allowed, but the Pokemon should be from the region's dex and traded as an egg so its the challenger's OT, (ex: If I wanted a Porygon-Z before the Pokemon League in D/P it would be legal to trade a larvitar egg from Diamond)

So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well
Old July 20th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
So can I post a thread of this? (I'll fix some stuff of course) Any other suggestions for the SUPAR Challenge?

*and you would have to have all 10 Pokethealon records instead of the contest one if your playing HG/SS, but I'll start with one for DP AND think of a HG/SS one as well
Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

Old July 20th, 2010, 09:05 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Also, I thought of this yesterday, however it probably won't work, depending on how the current Alphabet challenge works. But basically, you assign teams in alphabetical order. You can choose how many you want, but say I was the first to sign up and wanted a team of 4. I'd have to use Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl. The next person might sign up wanting 6, so they'd have Aggron, Aipom, Alakazam, Altaria, Ambipom, and Ampharos. I think it'd be cool. :> Obviously legendaries would be skipped though, unless the OP allows it. It doesn't really matter to me. Sometimes I do feel bad that they're excluded from challenges, even though they make the game easy. But that doesn't mean someone should go making a legendary challenge.
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.
Old July 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
I think this would be cool. Would you allow people to evolve? Because I have a feeling someone can get shafted with the right Pokemon.
Still using my example team of Abamosnow, Abra, Absol, and Aerodactyl, I'd have to get Snover for Abamosnow. But since Abra is in that alphabetical listing, then no, I couldn't evolve it. Kind of like the random challenge in a way. So, like the random challenge, people could get stuck with Kakuna and such... :x

Old July 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Sure, as long as you're participating. And you don't have to call it that, haha. That was just my stupidity. :B Another suggestion might be to use only Pokeballs. And don't do separate threads for different games, just post their specifications in one thread.

Getting all those Pokethlon things seems a little too much though, as getting to the Master Rank isn't nearly that crazy. And one Master Rank or each category in Master Rank?

I didn't find it that hard, the Pokethaleon records can be broken by intermeditate level poketheletes, its not like cy young's wins record in baseball or something that can never be broken. . I actually find Pokethealon easier than contests btw.
I'll just write Gen 4 SUPAR challenge
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:17 AM
hack1
Dragon Green

Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

That's really similar to the Gym Leader Challenge, where you have to use the same type as every gym leader.
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:25 AM
Fire Wolf
it's as humid as a sauna, boy!

What about the Ultimate Nuzclocke Challenge? Yeah I know that would be a pain to complete, but I still see many people completing it. I might make it if I have time to do it.
Old July 21st, 2010, 05:59 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

I thought about that one, but I mean, i dunno, it doesn't have the same effect for me. In the other Ultimates, your team had the same qualities, and you bonded together more, sometimes with the same Pokemon. I just don't get that effect with a nuzlocke.
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:29 AM
AceDragonite
Champion

Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable
Old July 21st, 2010, 12:15 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
Someone should make something like Swapping Team challenge. In start you have team of 4, and after every gym you need to box 1 your team member and capture & train new Poke.
Quote:
That's really similar to the Gym Leader Challenge, where you have to use the same type as every gym leader.
Well, you wouldn't necessarily have to switch to the gym leader's type though, so I guess it could be made.

Quote:
Hey Sidian, can I make a Nuzlocke Challenge thread for Pokemon Raptor?
Its a fangame but its all the way complete and downloadable
Sorry, just official games.

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:52 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old July 21st, 2010, 01:58 PM
Jak
i'll let you have it

Quote:
what about a challenge based upon either:

-the pokemon's gender ratio (ie only pokemon with a 75/25 gender ratio?)

-Egg group?

-Pokemon based on the same animal or group of animals?
Gender ratio is new, but sounds kinda weird. Elaborate? Egg group has been done before, and I want to say animal has, but I don't think there are currently any challenge of the like up, so that one's up for a go.

Old July 21st, 2010, 02:32 PM
Resultz
All- round Poke-Whizz

well basically, you can only choose pokemon that have the same male/female ratio..
Such as clefairy and Jigglypuff are both 25/75.
I dont think theres that much to it...

and for the animals, im not sure, but for instance reptiles.. they could use Feraligatr, sceptile, arbok?
Im not sure how many usable groups there could be though, and itd robably come down to set teams :/
MANY POSITIONS AVAILABLE!

Old July 21st, 2010, 03:43 PM
Shake
Mime Jr.

Nature: Impish
I have two ideas:

1. You must pick a letter at the beginning of the challenge. You may only use pokemon that's species name starts with that letter.

2. You must pick a theme (i.e. pigs) and use only pokemon that fit into that theme.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here